Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 23, 2017 2:36 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That hound is actually Guts? I wasn't expecting that.

Knew it wasn't just any ordinary hound though by its actions. That little guy in the coffin definitely resembles Casca especially at how fragile it is.
In the meantime, I'm glad to see Berserk return at last again in time for the anime to air soon.
Mar 23, 2017 2:43 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Yes, it's back!! And it seems that at least for a while it will be serial again.

I really like that they didn't simply get a glimpse of what happened in the eclipse, but that it really is a bit more fragmented and diffuse, like a dream should be,
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 23, 2017 3:05 PM

Mar 2014
18 pages again. Wait 2 years for 18 pages. God, wonder how long Muira will drag this arc.
Mar 23, 2017 3:23 PM

May 2014
The Strongest Fantasy Comic has returned!
I'm really curious as to how this will go, did not expect the dog and coffin. I thought it'd be a memory blast, but this is way more interesting.
Mar 23, 2017 3:36 PM

Dec 2013
I'm just happy to see this series return.

Guts is more loyal than a dog.
Mar 23, 2017 4:06 PM

Feb 2013
sullynathan said:
18 pages again. Wait 2 years for 18 pages. God, wonder how long Muira will drag this arc.

Actually it was 21 but sure not enough as for monthly serialization.
Mar 23, 2017 4:08 PM

Feb 2012
Damn what a comeback. Was totally worth the wait, as its always the case with Berserku. All the comparation with Guts being a dog chained down and dragging broken Caska how she sees it is way too sad.

Too bad they didn't realize who the little girl inside her stomach was. Can't wait to see what more will they discover in her mind, maybe we'll even see how she sees Griffithu.
Mar 23, 2017 4:39 PM

Jul 2010
Tenshiak said:
sullynathan said:

It's technically 19 since first two pages are just cover+scanlating group page.
Mar 23, 2017 4:42 PM

Aug 2015
Continues late April... 2021.
Mar 23, 2017 4:45 PM

Dec 2009
Lol Caska every time was bark on Guts that he is a "mad dog" :) [in Golden Age time] and in her dreams he is a real wrecked hound :)

First good chapter from action in the sea god heart.
Mar 23, 2017 5:35 PM

Feb 2008
sullynathan said:

Watch as next time we get 18 pages of double spreads showing the scenery in Casca's dream. Not like this chapter was much different. Hopefully this doesn't become another boat.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Mar 23, 2017 5:36 PM

Feb 2013
Tenth said:
Tenshiak said:

Yeah but you forget about double pages which physically are printed on two pages and take more time to be drawn.
Mar 23, 2017 7:21 PM
Aug 2016
i was browsing kissmanga only to find that i had an updated chapter... i thought, "what could it be, nothing should be updating until Sunday at the earliest!" and then lo and behold, it's BERSERK! so happy it's back. even tho i have to wait a whole 'nother month... at this point, that ain't nothin as far as i'm concerned!

anyway, i loved the symbolism here. i'm happy to see that casca at least acknowledges what gus has been doing for her... even if she is scared of him, she knows that he has been protecting her all this time. gosh, i feel like casca's dream perfectly represents guts's desperation!

sometimes dreams in stories are lame.. they try to use some ambiguous symbolism and it just turns out stupid. but miura... ohohoho he knows how to deliver. i can't wait to see what's next!!!

it sucks that we have to wait, but at the same time, the quality of his work is so amazing that it's at least kind of ok. anybody else notice how frickin awesome the detail was on those chains??
Mar 23, 2017 9:50 PM

Oct 2014
The visuals and artwork were very striking. This chapter was definitely a little short for the wait, and for a monthly publication though. But ah well, the life of a Berserk fan is suffering. We can only hope we'll get a few more chapters before the next hiatus.
Mar 23, 2017 9:58 PM

May 2014
Fantastic chapter, loved the much darker art. I was missing that kind of grit that made Berserk my favorite manga.

The story also progressed a decent amount, although I wasn't expecting the Guts=Dog connection.

Also nice to see that somewhere deep inside, Casca still recognizes Guts as an ally and protector.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Mar 23, 2017 10:08 PM

May 2015
sullynathan said:

From january 27 2012 to March 11th 2014 we got 9 chapters. We got six and four chapters respectively in 2015 and 2016 alone. Berserk's had lik 25 pages at most during Miura's most productive times in the "HERETIC!" Arc.

This dude has created 38 volumes in 28 years, 8 volumes in the last 11..you'll imagine people would get used to this by now. :P

ashfrliebertMar 23, 2017 10:16 PM
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Mar 23, 2017 10:58 PM

Oct 2015
Casca was a shell, that casket representation can't be more on point. I like how the art style compared to what we see in fairy land. Miura definitely doing more works than expected. I can't wait to see how this turn out.
Mar 23, 2017 11:04 PM

May 2008
That was a very good chapter all in all. Progress for the most part.
Mar 23, 2017 11:25 PM

Mar 2014
When I learned that this chapter is finally out, I had the doubt about reading it right now before go to sleep or read it tomorrow morning since they black sun from last year chapter gave feels that gonna be spooky, fortunately (o is unfortunately?) isn't.

I liked the dark artstyle of this chapter, with volume, without creepy abominations and with meaning like the hound as Guts.

...TECHINICALLY EVERYTHING WOULD BE DONE IN JUST 3 PAGES!! too short progess and the waiting too long, I hate wait one month for more but is better than nothing >.<
Mar 24, 2017 12:25 AM

Sep 2014
It was good I guess. Seeing that Guts is a damaged hound which drags a coffin containing Casca's broken mentality (broken doll) was an interesting approach to see how Casca's dreams looks like in her current state. Let's see how this will go from now on. The chapter felt really short once again but at least it's good that the series are back for now.
Mar 24, 2017 12:27 AM

Jun 2009
The question is if the demons are the god hand quartet before Griffith (Femto) joined or the spirits of the dead Hawk Brigade members.

Still a very dark chapter.
Mar 24, 2017 12:52 AM

Jul 2013

Yeah baby we are back on the game!
johnny_gMar 24, 2017 12:56 AM
"I'll become Hokage, and find One Piece... so that can kill all the Titans."
-- Guts Freecss
Mar 24, 2017 1:16 AM

May 2015
I thought it was a representation of Guts as soon as I noticed the missing left paw, I wasn't expecting them to reveal it so soon. The comparison with Guts being a dog/hound were used quite often.

Glad the serialization started again, I don't care if it will take years but as long as I see Miura working on it I am fine.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2017 4:28 AM

Feb 2014
This chapter was beautiful on so many levels. I thought that Casca would see Guts as some kind of demon, not this faithful dog (which makes sense now because Casca called Guts a mad dog). It was really heartbreaking that she, even in her current state, knows how loyal Guts is and how much he cares about her, how much he suffers not only physically but also mentally. And then the coffin with the empty shell and tiny Casca...
Mar 24, 2017 5:07 AM

Dec 2015
I'm so nervous right now xD maybe we'll finally see Casca back!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 24, 2017 5:42 AM

Mar 2009
This was such a sad chapter full of so much heartbreaking and dark symbolism. Amazing return for the series.
Mar 24, 2017 11:18 AM
Mar 2017
For all you Lisa lovers...is it me or does the little Casca look just like Lisa from the game 'Lisa: the first'. The game is about a little girl that continuously gets sexually abused, sort of like Casca. Maybe he got inspiration from that game???
Mar 24, 2017 11:25 AM

May 2015
WyNdZ said:
Thank god Berserk is back! Now I actually have something to look forward to every month. It was a good chapter but it felt a bit short and like not much happened after waiting so long and such a big cliffhanger last chapter. Maybe that's just me being impatient for shit to hit the fan but oh well exposition is important as well. I'll manage to wait for another month somehow.

Nah it was pretty short. He showed the "mauled loyal dog carrying around broken doll" metaphor and than Schierke and Farnese spent the rest of the chapter talking about it.

Edit: This is also an obvious reference to when Casca called Guts a mad dog in the 2 year timeskip after he joined the Hawks, except it's the opposite meaning this time around.
ashfrliebertMar 24, 2017 11:30 AM
Mar 24, 2017 11:38 AM
Aug 2013
Tenshiak said:
Tenth said:

Yeah but you forget about double pages which physically are printed on two pages and take more time to be drawn.

Sorry, but, anyway, he shouldn't take more than 1 or 2 months to draw/write 19 pages. I don't think I'll live long enough to see the end of this manga. That said, it is even more infuriating that this was such a good story after so much winding-up! Good, deep psychological diving into Casca's mind! Some people said they were surprise to see Guts as a dog (a Doberman, no less), but that basically describes him: loyal to a fault, stubborn, stupidly strong, tremendously violent... yeah, that's Gut's allright. All I want now is to see the Godhand back and some more answers concerning Femto.
Mar 24, 2017 1:35 PM
Jul 2018
Awesome chapter! Just enough to keep us interested until next hiatus ends :D
Mar 24, 2017 2:20 PM

Mar 2014
We get to see the Guts turn to a "mad dog" as soon as the coffin casca is in gets touched, reminiscent of the famous image of Guts screaming at Griffith
http://m.imgur.com/gallery/l4ZFkt8
Mar 25, 2017 2:54 AM

Jun 2013
Holy Shit. O_O This how Casca's mind takes in as Guts and herself......Guts the Wounded dog that is Eternally Guarding Broken Doll Casca....Wow.....Very Nice start after long wait.

Lol...Tiny Casca

YES!!! GOING TO CONTINUE NEXT MONTH!!!! MONTHLY SERIALIZATION FOR NOW
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Mar 25, 2017 6:58 AM
Nov 2016
Finally The Hiatsus ends.!!
He will now only update it permonth..!!
Mar 25, 2017 9:56 AM

Nov 2014
decent chapter, my only complaint is that it's too short.
Mar 25, 2017 2:16 PM

Jan 2016
Can't wait for them to meet with the Hawk
maybe it will happen in my lifetime
Mar 25, 2017 11:35 PM

Mar 2014
Yaay it's back!! Wish there were more pages though
Mar 26, 2017 9:33 AM

May 2009
Casca ;_; Guts ;_; Everyone ;_;
Mar 26, 2017 11:23 PM

Mar 2016
I'm curious if we'll see the manifestations of the other party members...
Mar 27, 2017 4:25 PM

Oct 2016
It's evident that Miura's written himself into a corner. Ever since that boat ride he's been doing nothing but stalling time. It took months for him to make this chapter, yet what does he put out? Bullshit metaphors and zero plot progression. Hooray for the greatest manga of all time
Mar 28, 2017 6:45 PM

May 2015
MAlibabba___ said:
It's evident that Miura's written himself into a corner. Ever since that boat ride he's been doing nothing but stalling time. It took months for him to make this chapter, yet what does he put out? Bullshit metaphors and zero plot progression. Hooray for the greatest manga of all time

It's evident that the Berserk fandom has written itself into a corner, ever since 2003 the only thing it's ever talked about is the series release schedule.

This is a chapter discussion, can't someone actually talk about the chapter for once?
ikarishinji49 said:
Tenshiak said:

Sorry, but, anyway, he shouldn't take more than 1 or 2 months to draw/write 19 pages. I don't think I'll live long enough to see the end of this manga. That said, it is even more infuriating that this was such a good story after so much winding-up! Good, deep psychological diving into Casca's mind! Some people said they were surprise to see Guts as a dog (a Doberman, no less), but that basically describes him: loyal to a fault, stubborn, stupidly strong, tremendously violent... yeah, that's Gut's allright. All I want now is to see the Godhand back and some more answers concerning Femto.

He's depicted as a dog all the time of course, except the rest of the time in the series, it's always in a negative way.

Also, with legs.
Mar 28, 2017 9:53 PM

Mar 2014
Greatest of all of Time & Space.
Mar 29, 2017 7:41 AM

Mar 2010
Wait, it's really been two years? Damn life is passing fast. Anyway, I liked the last couple of chapters, seems like things are actually progressing, I hope it's not all for naught or another boatride.
MixonMar 29, 2017 9:31 AM

That's some signature, eh?
Mar 30, 2017 2:03 PM

Aug 2016
At this point, I dont even know if I am really happy for seeing berserk manga update. Half year for roughly 20 pages of another desperate dream segment. This is fakin teasing, I don't know if I can take it anymore. But you can't really drop and forget Berserk, can you?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2017 9:15 PM

Nov 2011
I love Guts as a dog.. And how good Guts's companies now is compared to when he was alone ...
I bet that Casca is only hiding, she knows how Guts is suffer to help her after all ...

sullynathan said:

I think chapter 347 was out at September or October 2016, it's not even a year ...
Jim_HeartMar 31, 2017 9:19 PM
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Apr 4, 2017 4:53 PM

Sep 2013
My boy is back, I missed the dark and despair inducing look on berserk.
Apr 7, 2017 6:10 AM

Sep 2015
That ghastly, savage, desolate and gloomy wasteland lit by black sun as they described it just caught me in total awe. A chill crawled down my spine upon thinking at how that scene could emanate an overwhelming depressed feeling yet feels solemn and tranquil at the same time. I took me a moment gawking at it before proceed to read next pages.

I just hope we could get update monthly from now on and thus also get further advancement for the story or at least for this arc.

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Apr 8, 2017 9:22 AM

Jan 2015
fantastic chapter, loved the symbolism in it, can't wait for the next one.
Apr 12, 2017 4:24 AM

May 2014
Late april? 😭
I've only read 5 chapters in 6 months :(, which is actually quite alot 😭
I guess I'm glad the story's finally progressing again, they're actually quite close to getting Casca back to her original state. And Here I was thinking that it'd be impossible to do.
Apr 22, 2017 6:19 PM

Jan 2012
I guess this means that caska knows that a broken guts is carrying her broken body.

nice comment the way it should be

Apr 24, 2017 3:30 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
All that symbolism. Pretty sad chapter indeed.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Artstyle is not everything, story matters!!! ( 1 2 )

CoffeewithEdgawa - Apr 7

78 by silverhand123 »»
Yesterday, 11:08 AM

» Why Griffith Did Nothing Wrong Part 1 ( 1 2 )

Sichlitt - May 29, 2023

94 by PlasticRobot »»
Apr 13, 11:24 AM

» Trailer for fan animation coming next month

_cjessop19_ - Apr 9

11 by 18927 »»
Apr 13, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 23 Discussion

Rasco - Dec 3, 2010

25 by selasgamer »»
Apr 8, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 21 Discussion

Rasco - Dec 3, 2010

30 by selasgamer »»
Apr 8, 5:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.