Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 23, 2017 10:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, the finale was cute. A local festival of fun although without kimono.

Kyouko and Kamita had some lewd cute chemistry when they were eating imo. I think the show overall...was fine. My favorite arc was the gamer girl while this final arc felt so-so.

Dat kiss~
Mar 23, 2017 3:47 PM

Apr 2010
This is incomplete the redhead from the girls school that transferred in deserves her own arc!!
Seems Kyouko and the main made a nice couple and they even have a daughter together which was nice to see.
I hope will will see more of this tho.
Mar 23, 2017 6:18 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
A shame it ended and now I want to see more

Mar 23, 2017 11:21 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, the finale was cute. A local festival of fun although without kimono.

Kyouko and Kamita had some lewd cute chemistry when they were eating imo. I think the show overall...was fine. My favorite arc was the gamer girl while this final arc felt so-so.

Dat kiss~
I'm gonna need a S2/continuation of Tsuneki's route
Mar 24, 2017 3:07 AM
Captain

Jun 2014
Excellent episode, this ending was so great, and they'll have sex and a child in the future. SEIREN 9/10
Mar 24, 2017 8:56 AM

Oct 2016
I haven't watched it yet, but Seiren really doesnt deserve a 6.3 rating. Yes some arcs were not good, but honestly this is a great show. Why does everyone hate it?
Mar 24, 2017 11:01 AM

Sep 2016
TnT4blast said:
I haven't watched it yet, but Seiren really doesnt deserve a 6.3 rating. Yes some arcs were not good, but honestly this is a great show. Why does everyone hate it?

I won't speak for everyone, but I'm fairly sure that the ending of the Tsuneki arc made a lot of people extra salty.

As for me, I realised that it was "just more stuff like Amagami" - the main formula was left unchanged, while the MC was less characterised than Amagami's Junichi.

It's just nothing special. I even felt it a bit "Mannerist" at times. I mean, it could have been amazing, this was an anime original production, so they were free from the constraints a VN adaptation would force... but it just didn't work out.
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Mar 24, 2017 1:16 PM

Jun 2015
Decent ending for this arc. The kiss was nice. They got married and have a daughter. The arc with Tooru was my favorite.
Mar 24, 2017 1:44 PM

Nov 2016
I dunno why, but the ending of the series let me understand that Kyoko is the right one and other two are a replace. Maybe because the ending is a bit longer, but I had this impression.
In any case I'm sad it's over, maybe waiting for 2 season.
Kyoko is so cute, but my favorite one is Tsuneki Hikari.
Mar 24, 2017 3:01 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was super cute. These two are a perfect fit. Everything about them was sincere and natural. By faaaaar the best arc.

All in all, i can say that i enjoyed Seiren. It wasn't as good as i hoped it would be and the first arc really put a damper on everything. Yet the second arc was enjoyable and the third straight up met my expectations that i had before Seiren aired.

7/10
Mar 24, 2017 3:25 PM

Dec 2014
Definitely the best arc of the series and really sweet conclusion.

Rooftop scene between Kamita and Kyouko was super cure, Kyouko especially was way too adorable. <3
The kiss was great and I definitely feel that both of them had the best chemistry so far and the relationship progression felt really natural and sweet.

Timeskip scene was nice, their kid is quite a cute one.

Overall, Amagami is the superior series but needless to say I definitely enjoyed Seiren. Loved all the girls and while Tsuneki's arc could have definitely been better, I really enjoyed Toru and Kyouko's arcs a lot with Kyouko's arc being the best out of the three.

7/10, hopefully we get that S2 down the line with the other 3 girls in the OP.
Mar 24, 2017 3:37 PM

Aug 2015
A badly written series with uninteresting characters.
Many superfluous dialogues that can't involve the viewer because he/she doesn't feel concerned.

2/10
Mar 24, 2017 3:46 PM

Aug 2016
My final score ended on 7.20/10 so a 7/10 :)

imo, the stories went from bad to good! the anime wasn't the best but not bad either!
Nanika ga Okashii
Mar 24, 2017 4:21 PM
Dec 2016
best arc in Seiren so far, but in comparison with almost any Amagami's arcs it so-so. Still glad that Shoichi spent much time with Kioko and this very arc can have 'romance' tag. Also he made some effort in their relationship as opposed to other two arcs.
if we take seiren as amagami's sequel, so we have 6+3=9 arcs total I guess I will put them in this order from most to least favorite:
1. Tsukasa (Amagami) 2. Ai (A) 3. Haruka (A) 4. Kaoru (A) 5. Kioko (Seiren) 6. Sae (A) 7. Tooru (S) 8. Rihoko (A) 9. Hikari (S)

Hope for second season especially with Hiyama Mui and Sanjou Luise. They can give some depth to the show.Hope for more romance and less 'ecchiness' in it so it will be closer to Amagami then to Seiren part1.
In overroll I give 6 to 'Seiren'- the least satisfactory mark cause it didn't meet my expectations at all(((
Mar 24, 2017 4:23 PM
Feb 2017
All in all, this show is alright. I felt like the first two arcs weren't very well written, but Kyoko leaves a much better impression. Perfect girl to end with.
I honestly don't know anymore.
Mar 24, 2017 5:31 PM

Jan 2017
Thank goodness it wasn't a Rihoko finish. I wonder if the studio was scrambling after the negative feedback from the first arc to get things back on track and be more amagami-like.

I'm happy... I'm always a supporter of childhood friends. Nice to see the swimming club is selling oden and the robot is finished. I think amagami only showed the legs. I like that tooru won the miss santa. But the main characters got their own moment.

Aside from the Tsuneki arc, the show was decent. Not as good as amagami but I enjoyed the last arc the most coz there're more interaction with other characters like the sempais. Previously arcs concentrated on the two MCs but the conversations were a bit derp, esp tsuneki.

Still no news for 2nd cour.. I'm a bit sad coz I was really looking forward to Ruise..She was so cute in the last episode doing the Tsukasa announcement. but sorry... 6/10. If there's a 2nd cour.. and its better, I might revise upwards.
Mar 24, 2017 5:42 PM

Jul 2013
What a great way to end it's arc and series. My only complaint for this show is the first arc with Tsuneki honestly but the next two arc does improve the show.

Critical Grade: 60.75
Enjoyment Grade: 65.50%

Mar 24, 2017 6:46 PM

Jun 2013
Sort of a meh show overall, but cute episode. Kyouko is best.

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Mar 24, 2017 7:49 PM

Jan 2017
Not sure if its meant to be a tease... but the scene with Kamita and Kyouko on the bench.. if you take the first and last words on that bench.... you get........ ;oP

Mar 24, 2017 8:16 PM

Feb 2011
It's pretty obvious why the daughter didn't want cake... -_-
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Mar 24, 2017 8:19 PM
Jan 2017
The ending was cute; not as strong as the one from Tooru's arc but it still made for a satisfying conclusion. Shoichi and Kyoko's final conversation before the big moment was deliberatly dragged out to increase tension between them. Also, we find out Kyoko is not as innocent as she appeared to be... maybe that's why she and Shoichi are made for one another. The supporting characters delivered the lion's share of comedy for this episode, especially the Home Ec club. It's shows like Seiren that deliver a funny, endearing and ultimately positive view on life and reaffirm our faith on good television. It was an amazing show!!!
Mar 24, 2017 8:35 PM
Jun 2016
The best girl gets the best end. All is well. I was super worried when Kyouko needed time to think about it, that we might get some "let's just be friends" bullshit. That rooftop kiss was beautiful (I think Hikari's one was slightly better though).

This was by far the best arc for me, and the only one comparable to an arc in Amagami. We had meaningful appearances from many side characters and the romantic development was believable. They also explained why Hiyama Miu (the brown-haired girl in the swimming club) was at this school, so I retract my previous comment about bad writing.

So the girl from Shoichi and Ikuo's elementary school (and the one Ikuo likes) is the same girl who was friends with Hikari at the cram school camp and who was on the stage with everyone in the closing credits right?

Overall this show doesn't match up to Amagami, but if they do do the other three girls' arcs and they are of the same quality as Kyouko's (or better even) than it might be just be able to to live up to the former's legacy somewhat.
Mar 24, 2017 8:47 PM

Sep 2015
That time skip was unexpecting, I expected only Tooru senpai to have one but okay. Okayish series.
Mar 24, 2017 10:37 PM

Dec 2016
Well that was a really cute ending. I was half expecting her to reject him. Best arc imo. 7/10
Mar 24, 2017 10:43 PM

Jun 2011
Imagine if it was in the reverse and Kyouko arc was the first, oh everyone would be buttmad by Tsuneki's at the end.

Yeah, very nice conclusion to the arc. Kamita was at his manliest here and did all he could to get Kyouko. Now, this is what we're talking about.

Overall, the staff listened and they slowly but surely delivered by the end.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Mar 24, 2017 11:07 PM

Nov 2011
pretty good arc to be fair to it....why did they have tsuneki's arc first proper killed the show should of had it in the middle so we got a good end at the start and a good end at the well end
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
Mar 24, 2017 11:15 PM
Aug 2016
I actually liked this arc the best!
Mar 24, 2017 11:21 PM

Apr 2012
The arcs started From bad to fair to good enough...
Sadly... Still not feeling it though.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 24, 2017 11:57 PM
Nov 2016
TnT4blast said:

Most of person who give it rating mostly are based on Hikari route with has a bad ending but it keep getting better though Tooru route was okay and then the last route, Kyoko route was good if I comapre to Amagami in IMO will be this order
Tsukasa>Ai>Kaoru>Haruka>Kyoko>Sae>Tooru>Rihoko>Hikari
Mar 24, 2017 11:59 PM
Dec 2016
TnT4blast said:

I mean, for me it's a 6/10 show. Maybe 7/10. I didn't feel it was great, but it was a load of fun to watch.
Classical romance is not a specially original or specially mindblowing approach, so it won't get a 9, that's for sure, but, I mean, it's enjoyable when you feel like watching it.

As for the series, why do so many people love Tooru's arc the best? :V To me it was the worst one, and it was sort of boring at parts. Doesn't mean it was bad, but honestly, in my eyes, the other two were better. I loved both Hikari and her arc to bits, and would had been perfectly fine with it taking up 6 chapters instead of 4 (hopefully avoiding that BS conclusion. So unsatisfied). Fav girl 10/10 all the way, hooked me on the series...

Yet, I think Kyoko's arc was the best altogether because it had A PROPER ENDING, and I actually got to like her quite a bit too after watching some episodes with her. I didn't really fancy the "10 years later" stuff though. It's cool to wrap stuff up, but it feels like an overkill to me.

Altogether, it's a 6,5/10... I might just give it a 7/10 after watching this last chapter though. I'd recommend it to somebody who's searching for straight up, easy to digest romance, but, I mean, I just can't put this up there with Toradora and Yamada to 7-nin and such, because the omnibus format makes it lack development. Again, that doesn't make it a BAD show, it's the way it is, and it works well that way, but it's just that it's not specially great.

GODDAMMIT. A fun watch if you like romance. That's all.
Mar 25, 2017 1:58 AM

Jul 2014
Well, fair play to Seiren for getting better and better from arc to arc. While I really enjoyed Tooru's arc and totally disliked Tsuneki's, Kyoko's was handled really well right from the start and definitely had the most satisfying ending, both of which were surely helped by the fact that the two of them had great chemistry to begin with, so everything between them felt that much more sincere compared to the previous routes.

7/10, but only because that's how it averages out across the three routes (Tsuneki: 6/10, Tooru: 7/10, Kyoko: 8/10)

That aside, while I doubt it will happen, I would still like to see a second season for the other three main girls, especially if the writing quality of this arc is indicative of what we could expect in a second season.
Mar 25, 2017 2:01 AM
Jul 2018
2Dculture said:
Not sure if its meant to be a tease... but the scene with Kamita and Kyouko on the bench.. if you take the first and last words on that bench.... you get........ ;oP

I'm learning Japanese (though kanji can be tiring) and I see what you/they did there. Lol

Anyway, quick wrap-up:
Yay, this time the childhood friend wins!! Lel
I wanted to see more of the Kyouko Touno arc though, as well as with Tohru Miyamae...

7/10
Mar 25, 2017 3:55 AM

May 2016
This is a pretty cliche scene for an old anime watcher, because I always sees stuff likes this like fireworks, and kissing and celebrating anniversary :D
Mar 25, 2017 3:56 AM
Jul 2018
uff amagami ss was 3 times better but the last arc was pretty good!
Mar 25, 2017 3:58 AM

Jul 2012
That was a nice ending, the romance part and the confession were pretty well done, but still some of the dialogues and humor are weird. Talking about 2nd season, after watching PV i was interested about other girls in the first place, but overall the season was only mediocre. So don't really know if i want new season, i guess i wouldn't really mind. And if comparing to Amagami still think it's not even close. 6/10
Mar 25, 2017 4:21 AM
Jun 2014
Best arc of the three, although that isn't saying much. Hikari's had a terrible ending and nothing leading up to that suggested any romantic interests. Tooru's first couple of episodes were good but then there was just an abrupt jump to confession and a 10 years later which made no sense and had no impact. Kyouko's arc was the most like Amagami and also had a lot of references to its predecessor, but boy did the dialogue start to seriously suck towards the end, I didn't get any feeling that she cared about Shouichi when almost every discussion revolved around panties. The 10 years later was better than the other two, but if this were a new Amagami route and you compared it to the huge emotional impact of Tsukasa's 10 years later it felt flat and forced.

Overall I can't help but think that Seiren suffered because it was written with the knowledge that each arc would only get 4 episodes, whereas Amagami was a lengthy visual novel that fleshed out the characters properly and then got heavily cut down to fit into 4(6) episodes. Even though you'd expect the latter to come off worse, the characters had actual depth in the first place which came across at times during the anime, I didn't feel any characters had depth here in the first place.
Mar 25, 2017 4:56 AM

Mar 2016
I found this arc to be the best of them all. The Tooru arc was pretty nice as well :D I really liked Tsuneki as a character. Probably my favourite of the three girls but I wish it could have had a better ending. Would have def been my fav otherwise. It was nice and a surprise to see we got more of her in the other arcs as well ^^

Overall each episode in this final arc was really good and enjoyable. Kyouko is way too adorable ^_^ That scene in the roof was really nice and it had a satisfying end :D

Not as good as Amagami but I still liked it. Giving this series a 7/10.

Mar 25, 2017 5:17 AM

Oct 2016
Kyouko's Arc is the best. I was hoping for more ecchi scenes since she did seem hoping for it lol.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Mar 25, 2017 5:33 AM
Mar 2012
Romance played safe good for Kyouko arc, had the most pair & actual romance time.
Tooru focused more on games, otherwise their personalities don't mesh well.
Tsuneki character was more fun, ignoring the end.
Overall dialogues were interesting in their weirdness or cringe, at least wasn't boring.
First time seeing this omnibus format, I like the how each arc focuses on two characters, brings bit of depth, tho the alternate timelines feel strange when so many things are shared yet certain events are replaced.
Mar 25, 2017 6:11 AM

Feb 2008
This show was a major disappointment considering all the hype surrounding it. It's not even near the quality of Amagami because you just didn't really care about he characters until the last arc. Even the Karou arc of Amagami was better than this whole series and she was the worst character in the show IMHO. At least the last arc pulled the series from a 5 to a 6.
Mar 25, 2017 6:22 AM

Jan 2016
2Dculture said:

I'm curious what's written in that bench! If anybody knows please tell me

Gdj_24 said:
All in all, this show is alright. I felt like the first two arcs weren't very well written, but Kyoko leaves a much better impression. Perfect girl to end with.

i think The series was written in a rush for the first arc, but it is getting better and better in last 2 arcs
Kamita was cool and behaved more manly in last episode. by the way, i disappointed by 1st arc. i mean i don't care about that friendzone end, but the way they wrote Tsuneki arc it would've been better as a full 12-cour series.
saeed1mMar 25, 2017 6:26 AM
Mar 25, 2017 6:58 AM

Nov 2015
I liked this arc, but I think Tsuneki's was batter (need continuation)
I learned a lot of new fetishes each week thanks to Seiren. This week I learned how hair whorl can be beautiful and sexy lol
Mar 25, 2017 7:25 AM

Jan 2014
I was wondering who is Kamita peeking on and what are they doing? is it his best friend with his crush or someone else? it look like to me both women, some kind of lesbian?

Tokoya said:

I think if they ever make S2 there will be 3 new route, looking from opening scene there's six women lay down next to each other. I think the next three would be the DC President, DC junior, and the transfer student.

kowalski_1123 said:
2Dculture said:

I'm learning Japanese (though kanji can be tiring) and I see what you/they did there. Lol

Anyway, quick wrap-up:
Yay, this time the childhood friend wins!! Lel
I wanted to see more of the Kyouko Touno arc though, as well as with Tohru Miyamae...

7/10

please tell me what it's mean because I can't read japanese

azy1999 said:
I liked this arc, but I think Tsuneki's was batter (need continuation)
I learned a lot of new fetishes each week thanks to Seiren. This week I learned how hair whorl can be beautiful and sexy lol

well I actually experience it myself the pleasure of sitting behind like this, and yes looking just her hair whorl can be satisfying, it only makes better if you play with her hair
Mar 25, 2017 7:25 AM

Jul 2016
I find it funny that people believe the show's lack of popularity is due to Tsuneki's arc, as that's prolly the best one of the three. Though again, best arc in a show like this does not necessarily mean a good arc.

In reality, there are other, bigger reasons for why this show is considered bad by so many people

1) The biggest and most appalling one is probably the MC. I've watched many romances so far, but I've never seen a MC as useless, flat, and insignificant as Sho-chan. This guy has basically no autonomous interests to speak for, besides being a fairly generic otaku. Nothing to make him memorable, or even somewhat likeable. He's just there to bone girls, and it's quite hard to see how girls manage to fall in love for him besides some very contrived circumstances (like the bath scene with Tsuneki). Just because the MC is supposed to be the stand-in for the audience (which is a concept I don't like to begin with - it's the MC who's boning girls here, not the viewer), does not mean that the MC should be featureless, as this just means the audience has no reason whatsoever to support him - besides maybe wanting to see the various girls boned.

2) The relationship development is also shoddy and inconsistent, full of contrivances, over-the-top reactions (are they rly gonna get embarassed at any single thing concerning inter-gender relationship? What are they, middle schoolers?), and an overall lack of progressive change. I understand each arc has only 4 episodes, but that's still plenty to at least attempt something overall cohesive - especially if you bother giving your chars a personality to go along with the plot.

Overall, it seems the whole anime was just about a guy getting along with girls, with no attempt on part of the show to give the audience a reason to care about said guy and said girls... or an explanation of why the girls specifically fell in love with him rather than somebody else (okay, the last one was a childhood friend and all... but this still smells more like an excuse than like an interesting plot point to me)

In short, if you think "people are still salty about Tsuneki" is the reason for this show's score, think again - if anything, Tsuneki's arc is the only one most ppl could stand.
Mar 25, 2017 8:07 AM

Jun 2012
I enjoyed Seiren as a whole, but Kyoko's arc was downright terrible. It was awkward from start to finish, and even this last episode made me cringe more than the whole of Watamote.

He confesses to you and you make no reaction whatsoever? Instead, you insist on sitting in a very awkward position on the bench so that he's forced to talk to the back of your head, whilst...talking about your underwear, and various other awkward situations from the past which you feel the need to bring up now. Kyoko kept talking about stuff that really, *really* didn't matter and she almost acted like a robot til the end.

I enjoyed the first arc the most. Hikari popping up in this arc every now and again just made me wish I was watching her arc instead. The show never really gave me a reason to care about Kyoko either.
Mar 25, 2017 9:29 AM

May 2015
Kyouko's arc was probably the best arc. It's the natural choice to me.

The girls were cute, but the show overall was meh to be honest.... Disappointing.

6/10. Guess I'll give Amagami a try in the future, though.

Mar 25, 2017 10:17 AM
Mar 2017
Kyouko is such a pretty and cute girl... Damn...Lucky Kamita!!! haha... I love Kyouko too..... I want that in a girl ... So cute and pretty that you wanna baby...Take care of her Kamita!
1032patrickMar 25, 2017 10:34 AM
Mar 25, 2017 10:24 AM

Apr 2015
Really well made ending imo
8/10

CamiloJTM said:
Excellent episode, this ending was so great, and they'll have sex and a child in the future. SEIREN 9/10

That way of thinking though xd
Mar 25, 2017 10:50 AM

Oct 2012
Tokoya said:

Yeah please. give me more Hikari!

I feel like Kyouko had a very nice, intimate and close relationship with Shou, and it felt very natural and pleasing to watch, though I personally found that Hikari's interactions with Shou were very fun to watch. I wish she'd gotten better treatment in her arc, so any continuation or alteration of it would be a definite yes from me
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 25, 2017 11:01 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
gust11 said:
Tokoya said:

Yeah please. give me more Hikari!

I feel like Kyouko had a very nice, intimate and close relationship with Shou, and it felt very natural and pleasing to watch, though I personally found that Hikari's interactions with Shou were very fun to watch. I wish she'd gotten better treatment in her arc, so any continuation or alteration of it would be a definite yes from me
I agree....I liked all 3 routes a lot though and this one ended really nicely too
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

54 by WolfWood37 »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:12 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

62 by WolfWood37 »»
Nov 25, 2023 11:02 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

97 by WolfWood37 »»
Nov 20, 2023 9:28 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

129 by WolfWood37 »»
Nov 13, 2023 9:21 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

83 by WolfWood37 »»
Nov 12, 2023 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.