Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 23, 2017 10:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, an onsen episode. What's with the monkey though?

I think this episode had the most fan service out of all the others as well with some priceless cartoony censors. Definitely a fun way to celebrate after passing the exam :D

Speaking of which, I think this show was fun overall. 7/10.
Mar 23, 2017 10:34 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
This show was fun, the first episodes could have been average but it improved. I don't see a second season in the future, sadly. And was a nice ending celebration. A sad おわり

Mar 23, 2017 4:11 PM

Apr 2010
It's a shame this is already over i really liked this anime the characters where nice especially Chiya's nature of being all over the place.
The episode was a bit of a filler but it was nice to see Mina and Saki drunk.
Also Saki's squad praising them like a couple was nice.
I would like to see more of the girls stories tho.
Mar 24, 2017 7:29 AM

Sep 2016
FINAL! HIGH QUALITY SINCE THE BEGINNING TILL THE END! 10/10 AOTY 2K17!
CHIYA X KON BEST!

anime ending in the middle of volume 3. I bought and 'read' volume 4 (latest) even though I don't understand anything lmao

I hope there is season 2 in few years or at least the manga get scanlated for next arc with 5th girl and new teacher. moe ping pong girl is recently getting scanlated beyond anime, why urara still chapter 1 :(

CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 24, 2017 8:03 AM

May 2012
"The End" :( Wonder if there's any hope of a second season, but I guess we'll have to see about the sales first.

Really cute and fun ending overall.

Loved the whole cast with Chiya being my favorite character in here.

Here's to hoping for a 2nd season in the future

Mar 24, 2017 8:11 AM

Jun 2011
This was a great series where everyone who stuck with it had very little to complain about what they were expecting.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Mar 24, 2017 8:23 AM

Jun 2015
This was a fun and cute series to watch. The girls had a nice time celebrating. Saku and Nina drunk was funny. Would be nice to have a second season in the future.
Mar 24, 2017 8:29 AM

May 2015
Aww, decent finale. Sad to see this cute little series finished. I wouldn't mind another season of this!

It was an enjoyable and fun watch overall.

8/10.

Mar 24, 2017 8:33 AM

Apr 2015
moes are definitely life

I'm pretty pleased with the final episode.
Though I would still like to know what happens in the future - not like it's not obvious yet I'd still like to see it somewhere for my own satisfication

7/10
Mar 24, 2017 8:46 AM

Jan 2012
Having successfully passed the 9th rank exam our girls partake in some yurilicious hot springs hijinks to end the series. And really, yurilicious is probably the one word I used to describe this show. The girls, mostly thanks to Chiya, were all over each other! XD It wasn't a particularly flashy or standout series, but it was very consistent in what it set out to do, and did it well. All the girls were adorable, though I was most partial towards Nono. I wish Chiya had met her mother, but oh well. I'll miss this one, solid 7/10.
animefan8800Mar 24, 2017 8:51 AM
Mar 24, 2017 8:54 AM

Sep 2015
I didn't like the first 2 episodes but now I'm so attached to these characters :(
A second season would be more than welcomed ... maybe like with a time skip?
Mar 24, 2017 8:54 AM

Jun 2013
Sweet ending to a sweet and very fun show!
8/10
Mar 24, 2017 9:16 AM

Jan 2015
Impressive way to make whoever watch it remember as a final episode. An onsen episode with some extra exchanging clothes for the girls.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 24, 2017 9:49 AM

Feb 2015
It was a super cute anime. I wonder if they decide to make a 2nd season...

I'm curious about Chiya's mom.
Mar 24, 2017 9:51 AM

Dec 2014
Nice finale to the show.

Loved the dress swapping. Kon and Chiya were so adorable. <3 Nono was great too, Poor Koume. XD
Don't really have anything much to add but it was an enjoyable final episode.

Overall, a really cute and adorable show. Entertaining, pleasant and heartwarming at times. It's what I expected and what I got, characters were cute adorable and all round a real joy to watch. The whole magic and fantasy element with the Urara's is nice and there's also a fair amount of mystery in the show. Hopefully we'll get a second season someday.
8/10
Mar 24, 2017 9:57 AM

Apr 2011
Its sad that the show is over. Time flies so fast.

It was fun last episode, where they party in the onsen to celebrate the girl's promotion. Also sad that they girls will be parting to Nina and go to school.

The whole series was fun. It was whole lot of fun. Lots of cute and sweet moments. My favorite is Chiya and Kon.

I will miss this series. Hoping for a 2nd season.
Mar 24, 2017 10:24 AM

Jan 2013
Why do you watch anime? Think about it for a second. We all have our own reasons to consume media. Different people will have different reasons but at the end of the day each of us has our own reason for watching anime. While entertainment is the main point of media like anime, for me it's more than just that. There are many things that I can do that are entertaining. For example shitposting is entertaining. But is it fulfilling? No, not really. Video games can be entertaining (Although they've fallen out of favor for me.), so if entertainment was the goal why not play one of those. For me, that would be board games. I love the challenges and strategies that are present in board games, and I personally find them entertaining. So if entertainment is the goal, then why anime specifically?

This is why shows like Konosuba end up getting 7's for me. They are funny and entertaining but the enjoyment ends once the episode does. And while that is worthwhile, I want something more. I feel like the unique experience that animation can bring is the ability to be sucked into a world and learn to love and care for those that inhabit it. There is richness in finding something that is loveable, something that doesn't just live in the experience but something that can be taken away from it. I feel like out of everything fiction is what best does that. And so when I deal with fiction, that is what I look for. Something that I can love completely. Something that makes me want to see every bit and moment of it. Something I can rewatch over and over again. Something where not only do I love the characters but I also have the characters play out in my mind doing random things.

Why do I tell you this? Because that is exactly what Urara was to me. Something that not only made me eagerly wait for each episode so I could watch in and see the characters I loved so much but something that made me want to think about it in my mind. Create works of it with what tools I could, and gush about it whenever and whatever I could. It's exactly what I wanted. But what makes it so good? Everything.

Characters and character interactions I would say are the most important part of CGDCT shows. How is one supposed to enjoy the cute things that the cute girls are doing if the characters aren't likeable? Furthermore character interactions is what helps supply the cuteness that makes these shows work so well. A CGDCT without interesting or likeable characters or with bad character interactions is going to be bad. So it's important that Urara does characters well. And it does!

Our cast has quite a variety to it and while the girls may skate near common tropes they all have their own character traits that keep them away from being another iteration of those tropes. We have Chiya who is one of the funnest characters to get to watch. Despite being a feral child she's surprisingly wise about some things, as well as being a complete and total sweetheart. Over the course of the show the girls all begin to be fond of Chiya and it's not surprising why. She is able to say such sweet and kind words ones that may be unexpected from someone who is wild. At heart she is a feral child but she has her own fun quirks to her. The most notable one is that she loves bellies. She loves them a lot and likes to bring them up as much as possible. She also tends to be endlessly positive and sweet. That doesn't stop her from having some insecurities as she shows in some of the later episodes like when she mulls over that she divine as well as her friends. However she does a good job of swallowing them and doing the best that she can. Interestingly enough she actually keeps herself well guarded at times. Such moments like when she saw the gods in her divination and when she got trapped during the 9th rank promotion exam she never explained what had happened to her, and when she did she confided only in Kon. (Not that, that stopped the other two from listening in.) When she was afraid of haircuts she didn't tell them why even though it would make things easier for her. Despite all her kind words and her acceptance of others. She has a reluctance to make herself vulnerable which adds another layer of interest to her, giving more depth to her character.

Kon is the character that I would say is the most interesting. At first glance she seems like a character modelled in the line of Mio from K-On! And she is, however she has her own depth and peculiarities to her that make her fun and unique. One interesting point about Kon is that while she certainly tries hard and does her best to study as much as possible she isn't portrayed as much smarter than the rest of the cast. There are times she's able to use her wit here and there but most of the time she's isn't noticeably smarter. Often times she'll fall into the same pitfalls that the rest of them do. Rather she her skill and knowledge is from dedication through and through. She spent her whole childhood life studying and it shows with how much she cares about being an Urara. This avoids some of the pitfalls that the usual smart girl of the cast falls into.
Another point of interest is the role of her morality compared to the others. Like the rest of the girls she has a kind and caring heart. However, she also has lots of raw determination. Sometimes the two of these collide with each other which result in interesting results. It's not explored too much but it's interesting to see how she reacts sometimes as she examines her own moral code as she tries to claw her way to being the top Urara while also staying close to her friends. This is best shown when she ends up grabbing the key early. My theory is that it's likely due to her desire that she rushed to grab it. It's also very fun to see the things that she does due to her insecurity. While she does get frazzled by a lot of the teasing she receives (like Mio) she also does a nice job of getting herself into those positions because she seems to have a knee-jerk reaction of trying to be better than others whenever she gets outshone in something Urara related. For example when Chiya seemed more enthusiastic in the first episode she tried to out do her. Or when Nono got praised for her singing of the incantations, even though Kon had passed herself she felt the need to practice in secret to try out doing what Nono had done all because Nono had got more praise than her. Kon's insecurity adds even more depth to her character and to me is really nice to watch.

Koume is the fun girl of the cast and overall I have a hard time pinning her down into any bracket. I guess mostly she is a tease and a Frenchaboo taken in via Marie's influence. She's not exactly a genki girl, that's more Chiya, but she does fit more onto the happy side. She's also quite interested in beauty despite being the one of the cast most likely to eat all the sweets. Out of the cast she's the one I have the least of a handle on, although that's not due to any fault of her own. She does try hard herself despite trying to have fun when she can

Nono at first glance seems like a typical shy girl. She even spends the first half of the episode hiding behind her big sister. Given how shy characters in media are treated, she could have been yet another one of many shy characters whose main problem is not being social with others. These plots have been done over and over again almost repeated word for word. The shy character wants to have friends or get farther in life but they lack the courage, so the main characters work to give the shy character the push that they needs to be out in front. So of course Urara decides to... not do that at all. In fact, Nono's main development and push comes from the fact that she wants to be self-sufficient. It would be easy to rely on her friends to give her that push to be better. However, she already had that under her sister. When Chiya's hair catches on fire she's not in the background twiddling her thumbs wondering what she should do. She actively gets some water and dumps it onto the running Chiya extinguishing the fire. She may have messed up the divination in the meanwhile but she tried to solve the problem rather than let fear hold her back. With the exams she mentioned how she didn't want others to help her study because it was her problem and they didn't have to sidetracked from their studies for her. While her shyness is there her bigger problem is not that she's shy but that she has low self-esteem. She's lived in the shadow of her bigger sister and sees herself as unable to each those heights. Most of her problems have to deal with her removing herself from the shadows of those around her and being truly by herself. It's a noble and interesting path of development for her, and it does also tackle the fact that she is shy. But that shyness is not treated as the only part of her character or even the main hurdle. This sets her character and development apart from others in a similar ilk.

The character interactions are a big highlight of the series. One thing I enjoyed from this show is how much the main cast cares about each other and the things that they're willing to do for each other. Take Chiya and her belly exposing habit. Most people would look down at her for doing that and call her a weird pervert. Judging from my high school experience she would be mocked totally and completely. And as seen in episode 1 they too think this trait is weird, and yet they embrace it. Sometimes they'll make a light little joke about it like Koume does at the beginning of episode 2. Or sometimes they'll reveal their own bellies as if that would be what Chiya does. They embrace the trait even though it's somewhat weird and out there, which shows a lot about their character. While a show could have gone for the route of making that characters trait into a joke for the other characters to laugh at, this show has the characters embrace it and take it into their own. In itself its already heartwarming to see these girls all with different backgrounds accepting each other for who they are and how they act even if they might not be normal. It's one of the great pleasures I got from this show.

I also have to compliment the development between Kon and Chiya. What started from Kon not caring for Chiya that much when they met each other turned into a very close and inseparable bond. Over the course of the episodes the two of them get closer and closer to each other until it gets to the point that they are each other's main confidant. The moment that highlights this is when Kon and Chiya do the Spring Seance. When Kon becomes afraid that she might lose her powers she starts having nightmares. She doesn't tell anyone but Chiya, worried about her friend, goes to help her off a hunch. And from there even though they were only friends for a short time Chiya is willing to stand by Kon's side and do whatever she can to support her, even trying to act as a god for her. She doesn't even know how she'd be able to do it yet she's committed to forming this bond if needed. She even tries to lick up Kon's tears as if to try to stop her from crying. Even with no idea of how to do so Chiya was willing to commit herself to Kon. From there on the two of them constantly try to help each other, like when Kon tries to cheer up Chiya in the same way when she gets upset about her lack of divining ability. The relationship between Kon and Chiya is one of the highlights of the show.

As you can see, the characters are great. But characters aren't everything, what about the plot. Now you might be asking yourself, plot? What's a plot? This is is a CGDCT show there isn't supposed to be any plot! But guess what there is a plot, and it's executed wonderfully.

Urara revolves the four girls trying to become top ranking urara or fortune tellers in a sense, but I'm sure you already knew that. This is a nice little plot that makes clear the motivations of the characters but yet also doesn't overshadow the tone of the show. Because the show is primarily about the fun things the girls do together it's good to have a plot that while there isn't taking up all the space and time.

The way this is executed in my opinion is brilliant. Most of the episodes are those of the variety that would be light and fluffy. They don't have much plot dependence and for the most part they show the good times that the girls all have together. Sometimes a bit of key information will be leaked but the tone of these parts always stays on the fluffy side. These episodes give us the nice pleasant atmosphere that we are used to from CGDCT shows. The characters interact with each other, play off of each other. They learn about themselves and others, as well as study up on how to be better uraras.

But remember how I mentioned the plot? It's not just a book opener and a book ender. It's there for a reason. There are mysteries that lie beneath the show with regards to Chiya. Who is her mom? What is she? Why do the gods dislike her? All of these mysteries are present in the show. Leaving a vile of intrigue under the wraps the show. There are several episodes where the struggles of the characters and more deeper issues come to the forefront. There are heartwarming moments between the characters due to the things that happen to them. Urara strikes the delicate balance between being lighthearted and having substance in it. For me it hits right into the sweet spot. It has just enough emotional moments and depth to be substance full yet it has enough playful times and fun bonding that makes it lighthearted and comfy. This allows the best of both worlds, both a deeper presence in the show but also the fun happy times that strike joy into one's heart. It's a mix that I find few shows are able to pull off well, and certainly most shows don't pull it off as well as Urara does. The pacing between these elements are also key. The more intense moments don't come out of nowhere. They already are there for a reason and when watching it's clear why. Also nicely it has a baseline of the happy moments so that one doesn't need to worry about the mysteries while the girls are having a fun time. Rather they are dealt with when they are needed to, which I feel like is the best wy to do this. It represents life and going through life in a balanced manner. Yes there are problems, and there are going to be bigger things that happen especially when they have such lofty goals. But there are also lots of fun times. And usually if things are good those fun times will be most of the times. And that's how it is here. It's a very nice balance.

I also want to note that the plot itself (being the best Urara), and some of the more god based mysteries seems a bit shounen-esk. Personally, I like this mixture as it makes the show a bit more original and adds a nice flavor. I'm not a fan of shounen in general but I do like bits and pieces of it. So when some bits and pieces of it is added into a nice comfy show well it enhances the show. It's nice to have tropes and stylings taken from multiple genres imo, and I always do enjoy when a show is willing to borrow across like that rather than stick to what is most commonly found in the genre.

I would like to sidestep for a moment and talk about fanservice. Fanservice is not always a liked thing in anime and some people are turned off by it. Because of this I'm sometimes hesitant to talk about the fanservice that is in Urara. But I would like to be complete in this so I will note there is fanservice. And guess what? It's not just that there is fanservice, but it's excellently done fanservice.

What do I mean by that? Well, two things. First off most of the fanservice that is there is the natural kind. What is the natural kind? Take your average show with fanservice. How do they get there? There are common fanservice tropes like the accidental pervert, who'll trip onto some girls boobs, or the type where the camera magically tilts towards the girl's panties. These are all what I'd call unnatural fanservice. IT's hard to imagine them happening in real life, and rather they feel forced into the narrative in order to provide something that would give the audience a rise. In Urara that is not the case for the most part. In fact most of the fanservice is caused by the girls themselves, and in most cases Chiya.

Chiya loves bellies. She loves them a lot Sometimes, she tries to do things to expose other's bellies. She also doesn't like clothes and sometimes makes innocent mistakes when she tries to check for tails. It's easy to see where some of these fanservice elements can arise from. And while they might not be what everyone wants to see, they are true to her character. Every one of her fanservice moments I can point out why she did what she did. It may not be what everyone would do. No, it most certainly wouldn't be but Chiya is Chiya, and that's fine. Furthermore, the other girls can help at times too. Whether it be them teasing each other or just having fun in general, the atmosphere that I get from these moments are ones that are fun more than anything. And the funness of those situations make as a viewer happy. It's what they want to do and how they choose to play around at times; I personally find nothing wrong with that. Sure sometimes there are sneaky crabs but for the most part it's the girls being themselves, and I like that.

The second reason I'd say Urara's fanservice is good is because it's original. There's lots of belly fanservice due to Chiya's quirk. But guess how much belly fanservice there usually is? Not much. Urara decides to go for its own unique corner to the fanservice and that I find it something much more respectable. Even if one doesn't like fanservice, I think one could appreciate they're at least doing something unique with it, as well as having it fit in with the characters, rather than it be the endless amounts of accidental perverts.

The sound quality of Urara is also top notch. The OST is solid and it's rare that the music doesn't match the mood. The Voice Actors shine in the show. The VA's of Chiya and Nono did a great job with giving them distinctive voices. It's easy to tell when they're talking since they sound so different. Nono's shy squeaky voice perfectly matches her character while Chiya's soft and soothing voice matches the kind personality that she radiates. The voices match so well and are so unique that it adds an extra layer to it. It's rare that I find voices that match so perfectly but for the case of Chiya and Nono they absolutely nailed it.

The art as well is a delight to see. The animation isn't the most technical or impressive but it fits well with the mood of the show. For example, the little chibi faces that they use may be a way to cut corners but they are cute and get across the feeling from the show. The backgrounds are often nicely done and add to the soft atmosphere that it has. The art is especially notable whenever they go into the mystical events of the show. The color choices during them and the execution of them make them such wonders to watch. They capture that feel of mystery and supernatural in a way I feel like other shows don't. Take this scene for example: http://i.imgur.com/FRLpoNP.jpg The background colors are gorgeous and the choices of pinks, purples and blues all had a mystical and beautiful shine to it. Furthermore, the placement of Kon and Chiya in the center looking at the mystery around them floating in the water just feels so mystical and strong to me. As if they're up against a large radiant aura that they have to defeat. This is more than just cute art, this is emotional art, and it really adds to the atmosphere of the scene. (I love this picture hence why it's on my MAL.)

That was a lot to cover. I usually don't do reviews this way. I tend to focus on everything that seemed notable to me. So then why did I try to write about everything. Well silly, it's because EVERYTHING SEEMED NOTABLE TO ME! That's just how good this show is. Characters, story, pacing, writing, sound, art everything fits together so well creating its own original little show. I never felt like Urara was like anything else, that may be due to my limited experience but it felt fresh and fun.

To be fair I tried to talk about the more objective components of why I liked this show. I also just want to note that this show was very much catered to my taste. While I could talk about my taste and all of that this review is almost at 4K words and that part isn't as important. Because unless you like those same things it doesn't really matter. That said I am willing to talk about them and they did help boost the show even more for myself but the important stuff is already here. I just wanted to note that. I am biased and it's important that you're all aware of that. I still do think this show is masterfully done but it is a show that very much aligns with my interests.

It's been a while since I've been this excited each and every week for the newest episode. The last show I can think of that did that happens to be my favorite show of all time. I love everything about this show. And now that it's over I can make it official. Urara Meirochou is my 2nd favorite anime.

10/10
Mar 24, 2017 11:29 AM

Nov 2011
One of the most Underrated shows of the season. This anime turned out to be really good.
While I thought it was just going to be cute girls doing cute things (which a lot of the time it was) there were a decent amount of serious moments as well. Also there was some good life lessons that could be learned from all of the girls in this anime.

Animation and Music was great and this should get more recognition. It's a 8/10 in my book.

That's one heck of a review, and I thoroughly enjoyed it and agree with basically everything you said. Especially about the animation with that Chiya and Kon picture you put up.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 24, 2017 12:36 PM

Aug 2016
Probably my highest rated show for this season. It started off pretty weak but the middle episodes were great especially the Chiya x Kon chemistry. Koume flashback was my favorite scene <3

I wish for a second season huhuhu.

GangsterCat said:
CHIYA X KON BEST!

anime ending in the middle of volume 3. I bought and 'read' volume 4 (latest) even though I don't understand anything lmao

I hope there is season 2 in few years or at least the manga get scanlated for next arc with 5th girl and new teacher. moe ping pong girl is recently getting scanlated beyond anime, why urara still chapter 1 :(

deym those images are cute af. Thanks for the heads up on that cameo, I missed it in the episode. Btw is she wearing glasses? The second pic makes her look like she does but the other ones don't.

I also love the ED. Overall, solid 7/10 :D
NeonoiaMar 27, 2017 4:38 AM

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Mar 24, 2017 12:48 PM

Aug 2016
was a pretty cute series, enjoyed it! possibly a s2?

My final score ended on 7.47/10 so a 7/10!
Nanika ga Okashii
Mar 24, 2017 1:15 PM

Jun 2013
Super cute! I hope Chiya will eventually find her mom ^^
The Nina x Saku shipping was strong in this episode.

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Mar 24, 2017 2:03 PM

Jul 2013
Now that they pass their exam... Now what? Oh I know, let's have a spring bath episode. UGH!! I truly didn't care for this show one bit. The plot it had was just drifted away by lousy cutesy scene that were either boring, eye rolling, or just plain awful. Overall, this was without a doubt the worst anime this season (In terms of completion).

Critical Grade: 35%
Enjoyment Grade: 55%
GalacticMagnaMar 24, 2017 2:10 PM

Mar 24, 2017 2:50 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
welp, at least i likely won't be dying of a heart attack until maybe next season T___T
Mar 24, 2017 3:22 PM

Oct 2013
A good series overall. 7/10 for me.
Mar 24, 2017 3:25 PM

May 2014
Thank the god damn lord this trash is over and done with. Literally watched the last ep on 2x.

Mar 24, 2017 3:38 PM

Dec 2016
Wonderful show, enjoyed it from start to finished.

It wasn't hard to with Chiya's fun personality.

Of course I knew they wouldn't make rank 1 in 1 season but it was good to see them progress at least to 9 and also their teamwork and bonding was good to watch.

I do hope for another season, I want to see them all in the 9th district to see what kinds up fun and mischief they can get up to.
Mar 24, 2017 4:25 PM
Feb 2017
Very Lewd Episode.!

10/10
Working on the future things.

Mar 24, 2017 5:21 PM

May 2012
Noooo i want more =/
I liked this anime so much. All the characters were great and every episode was super good.

I don't have any hope for a second season, but i do have hopes for the manga. I want to see the new girl and teacher interacting with them.

9/10 from me.

Wrath said:
Thank the god damn lord this trash is over and done with. Literally watched the last ep on 2x.

Why not drop the anime then?
I think this anime was very faithful to its premise so 5 episodes were more than enough to know what you'd be getting from this.

GangsterCat said:
CHIYA X KON BEST!

Nice pics. I really hope we get more chapters translate.
KaeUBWMar 24, 2017 5:31 PM
I despise woke people.
Mar 24, 2017 5:37 PM

Jan 2017
What... its over??? I so wanna see what's gonna happen.. most likely shows like this won't get a second season. I hope kind souls will translate the manga. I can only find chapter 1 online.
Mar 24, 2017 6:03 PM

May 2014
Kaetokiha said:
Wrath said:

Why not drop the anime then?

I don't like dropping + Koume was adorable asf. She's the only reason the anime didn't get a complete 1 for me.

Mar 24, 2017 6:55 PM

Jan 2016
In the end the series what I thought it would be from the start. A decent, fun watch with not much to take from. Moe and cute are the definitive words of the anime and if that's your thing then the anime is best for you. Strong 5/10
Mar 24, 2017 7:53 PM

Jul 2014
What a great series, pretty cute and funny.

Kon :')
Mar 24, 2017 9:40 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I'm going to miss my cute うらら, especially Kon-chan. ><

I really enjoyed this! I hope I get to read the manga one day, and see the fifth girl who made a cameo at one point of this episode.

See you girls some other time! :') うらら!
Mar 24, 2017 11:26 PM

May 2014
I really enjoy this anime even with the slow start , I will miss this anime and the girls specially Chiya and Kon

Hope it got another season
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2017 11:43 PM

May 2014
Such a great series, really under appreciated this season. I've already bought the first volume of manga and intend to keep up as translations release!
Mar 25, 2017 12:49 AM

Dec 2016
It ended just like Scorching ping pong girls, a hot springs episode......

shit!! he got me! that fucking Poly
boomed me! he's so good! (x4)
Mar 25, 2017 2:11 AM

Jun 2013
they ended it with an onsen episode hmm that's nice
Mar 25, 2017 2:55 AM
Jul 2018
...So bittersweet to see these Winter 2017 animes coming to an end. But anyway, another quick wrap-up:

Kon wearing Chiya wearing Nono wearing Koume wearing Kon wearing etc etc etc...
Koume gazing at the Nono crystal ball made me chuckle a bit
And, srsly, a contender for anime of the year. Hahaha... SEASON 2 PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE!!!

8/10
Mar 25, 2017 3:05 AM

Aug 2013
One of the hidden gems. Essence of CGDCT. Awesome direction, BEAUTIFUL art and animation, very likeable characters, nice ost and op/ed.
8,5/10
Waiting for 2nd season.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 25, 2017 4:43 AM

Jul 2015
Nothin but FANSERVICE. Swapping clothes, hot spring, adults gettin drunk and showing of their true gay feelings, singing and dancing, and embarrasing each other. BUT IT COULDN'T ALL BE FUN AND GAMES. Stuff gets stolen and secrets are revealed... by the adults who got super drunk and fainted in the bath.

And with that, this series comes to an end. This was pretty great but it also felt a bit off with the pacing and the weird belly fanservice stuff for me. Still lots of fun and I give this an 8.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 25, 2017 8:31 AM
Sep 2016
I'll miss these cute tummies!
Mar 25, 2017 10:53 AM

Jul 2014
Great anime. I just wish for crying out loud they didn't leave us wondering about why the spirits hated Chiya and her mom so much. I'm so curious about her mom, but looks like I'll either have to divine a sequel or pick up on the manga.
♬ choo choo hibiki train ♬

Mar 25, 2017 3:11 PM

Nov 2014
A very pleasant surprise. We got really nice development between the characters throughout the series, and some of the jokes had their own running stories as well. Once I settled in with this anime I couldn't stop!
Mar 25, 2017 6:58 PM

Sep 2015
I'm gonna miss the Urara girls. This has been such a fun anime to watch weekly. This was one of the best onsen episode I've seen in a while. Lots of fun was had in that 40 minute bath time.

KON!!!

9/10
Mar 26, 2017 4:05 AM

Jul 2009
I am going to miss the girls! I hope we see them again in a 2nd season soon!

8/10
Mar 26, 2017 6:20 AM

Dec 2013
Enjoyable to the last.
The show wasn't spectacular, but a solid show with fun characters and an interesting setup.
Wouldn't mind a second season, as I see this similar to the mold of Kiniro Mosaic or Usagi desu ka?, and if those could get subsequent seasons, I wouldn't be surprised if this one did too.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 26, 2017 11:41 AM

Mar 2008
I had so much fun with this show I'm just not ready for it to be over yet! Great cast of characters with their own quirky personalities, sweet and gentle plotting it was so fun and I just loved it start to finish.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Mar 26, 2017 11:55 AM

Jan 2013
SoraSenpai said:

That's one heck of a review, and I thoroughly enjoyed it and agree with basically everything you said. Especially about the animation with that Chiya and Kon picture you put up.

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :3
Mar 27, 2017 6:51 AM

Jun 2016
I loved this anime (I think I'm going to read the manga) it has an original and charming story, great characters (I loved almost equally all the characters, in particular above all Koume, Kon and the funny guard trio: Saku, Ooshima and Shiozawa), beautiful character design and very good animation.
This season was full of fantasy moe series (like Gabriel DropOut and Maid Dragon) and Urara Meirochou is slightly less comical, more pure moe than the others and more religious/spiritual oriented with a very charming atmosphere.
It was definitely the most underated anime of the season, probably overshadowed by the other more comical moe series but I think is one of the best anime of the season, I don't know if it is the absolute number 1, I'm uncertain cos I really loved Gabriel DropOut too but I think that Urara deserves one of the first places of an ideal podium of the season.
Mar 27, 2017 8:11 AM

Mar 2012
I never enjoyed a pure SoL show as much as this one; this certainly is the definition of MOE for me. Nonnon Biyori is just an average GAR anime compared to this.

AOTS solid 9/10
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Where to start the manga

bezardo - Feb 7

4 by Otakupervert890 »»
Feb 7, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Urara Meirochou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

59 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Urara Meirochou Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

48 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Urara Meirochou Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

45 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Urara Meirochou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

64 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.