Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 23, 2017 8:28 AM

Aug 2014
Hey !

I would like to add this French manga because it's absolutely fantastic ! The name is "Stray Dog" and its published by Glénat. Its also categorized as a Shōnen. I think you can find an English version online for the one who are too impatient to wait the release of the next volume. She received different prices in France and I think some people know her in the U.S. Well, she has a Deviantart where you can learn more about her and her works.

I will try to translate the synopsis I took on the website of Glenat (and by the way, be indulgent about grammar mistake etc, English is not my mother language, I'm still learning).

"Ishtar. A world between light and darkness where present and past, heritage and revival, antic rocks and new technologies coexist. A world shared between an idealized surface and a reality dived into chaos. Its in this universe that two persons will meet with uncertain destinies and that everything distinguish : Aki, a young girl who don't know how to smile anymore and Toru, a "Karat" who are a lycan with red eyes and cursed. What is binding them together ? A contract of obedience which allows to control Karat and makes the young Aki owner (mistress?) of Toru."

Thank you in advance ! :)
canopvsMar 24, 2017 2:45 AM
Apr 4, 2017 2:04 PM

Aug 2014
Could someone answer me, please ?
Apr 8, 2017 5:31 AM

Sep 2015
@xcrowe Stray Dog (VanRah) is not a manga.
Apr 8, 2017 6:30 AM

Aug 2014
Why don't you consider it as a manga, then ? Because I can only think of it as one. :/ It has all codes of manga and do have the same size/format of a manga, even if she is not a Japanese/Chinese/Korean mangaka.
Apr 8, 2017 7:22 AM

Sep 2015
@xcrowe "Manga are comics created in Japan or by creators in the Japanese language."

You could read more about it here.
TaintedApr 8, 2017 7:27 AM
Apr 8, 2017 11:06 AM

Aug 2014
So what Chinese manga and Korean manga are doing on MAL ? This isn't in Japanese language either ! It's not written that European manga are forbidden. Can you have other arguments other than "this isn't a Japanese manga and European manga are shit because it isn't Japanese" ? How I am supposed to keep my manga list up to date if I can't add them ?

Sorry for being aggressive but I don't feel like you have real arguments to refuse Spanish, Finnish or French manga. And everybody seem to hate manga when they're not Japanese but some of them didn't even opened one, this is really frustrating.

Moreover, Vanrah is also published in the US with another manga. You should (and could) know how talented she is. Her manga, for some of them are about Japanese culture, Japanese religion to be more precise.

I hope you can understand my frustration, and that you can give me a constructive answer.
Apr 8, 2017 11:32 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
It is not the user's responsibility to give you persuasive arguments that might satisfy you as they are not responsible for what gets added. They only informed you of the rules. There is a section in the forum named "MAL Guidelines and FAQ" which you should have visited there first since Manga Guidelines state what gets accepted and what not; manga/manhua/manhwa gets accepted, everything else doesn't and "Stray Dog" is none of that under MAL's guidelines.
Apr 8, 2017 12:05 PM

Sep 2015
@xcrowe I get that you love her comics but as stated in the Manga Guidelines only mangas and manhwa/manhua with physical copies and are professionally published are added to MAL's Database.

You may call it as french manga but it's not considered as manga in MAL same goes for your korean manga(manhwa) and chinese manga(manhua).

PS: I don't think European comics are shit because they're not Japanese.
TaintedApr 8, 2017 12:13 PM
Apr 8, 2017 12:34 PM

Aug 2014
Well, Maffy, as she answered first I immediately thought she was a moderator, my bad. But that doesn't prevent you from giving me answers anyway. I would really appreciate.

Also, I did read the guidelines, but you don't state clearly that it is not accepted. Next, I see that I'm not the first one to ask for a French (or other countries, whatever) manga to be added. I still think it could be great to add those manga because they could gain more popularity than they already have. I, and this is only my opinion, think everybody would like to get to know new talented artists in easier way. Moreover, you have an international community, so shouldn't be fair to promote other manga than only the ones that are Japanese/Korean/Chinese ?

Tainted, this is fine if you don't think it's shit because it's not Japanese, but still, a lot a people (in France), say that French manga are shit because this is not Japanese. I wasn't aiming at you in particular.

And I insist : this is a manga. They're is a huge difference between a comic (like Tintin) and a manga (Dreamland, Stray Dog). If I didn't tell you, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. :)

Again, sorry to be insistant (does that word exists in English ?), but I wanted to get this out of my mind.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

131 by nerfsunny »»
13 minutes ago

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Modifications/Duplicates Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aarana - Jan 4, 2009

7686 by Barbaduk »»
Yesterday, 11:45 PM

» Surprising Manga Still Needs Approval

Uutama - Apr 19

0 by Uutama »»
Apr 19, 1:01 AM

» TO THE ADMINISTRATORS OF MAL! BIBLIOMANIA!

carhs14 - Aug 12, 2023

11 by jere344 »»
Apr 18, 7:52 PM

» Pending approval items

Marrzo - Apr 17

0 by Marrzo »»
Apr 17, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.