Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Mar 30, 2017 9:56 AM
Dec 2012
The best girl in this series would be the "Master". Aki just degraded from a cruel princess to a typical tsundere. Is this anime trying to be Nisekoi? Or they wanted to make a 'please read the manga for continuation" anime from the beginning, this ending just doesn't make sense, everything seems like hanging in the midair and doesn't looks like an ending to me. Maybe season 2? Nayyy... Where the heck is the Revenge, what the hell am I even watching!? *Facepalm*
Mar 30, 2017 11:56 AM
Oct 2009
Aki isn't interesting at all. I hope they reveal more about Comando Girl who would make a good couple, but the best match would be with Master, great character!) Rooting for Master, however i would be m,ore than okay with Comando Girl, sadly neither will happen. Anyway anybody would do better than Aki.
Mar 30, 2017 4:50 PM
Jan 2016
I was really hyped to see the plot twist, whenever Masumune would actually confess that he is pigs foot.. I was looking forward to see what would happen in that case..
Mar 30, 2017 5:52 PM
Oct 2015
Man is there anything more fearsome and dangerous then the Japanese anime cold? In the west when you get a cold you just get up and go to work or school. The colds they get in Japanese anime are like the damn bubonic plague.

On another note this series was disapointing. You can tell by the votes most people were not happy with how the series turned out.
Karmafan56Mar 30, 2017 6:16 PM
Mar 31, 2017 5:09 AM

Jun 2011
Last few episodes have been total trash, in fact, this series has been unwatchable ever since Adagaki or however you say her name, fall in love with the main dude, this girl's like, getting a change of personality in the middle of the series without any development at all, just outta nowhere, taking on the generic "girl in love" personality. None of the characters have a personality, a coherent character, and it gets even more one-dimensional as it goes along.

The story layout of this story is basically,
2 eps of introduction -> 2 eps of flirting -> 2 eps of Aki being cute cuz love -> 6 episodes of rejection, filler, unnecessarily edgy drama which resulted in.. absolutely nothing + last minute reconciliation.

Such a shame, I was actually looking forward to this anime adaptation when it was first announced. The beginning of the manga was quite intriguing but I guess it just dropped the ball. The top manga review is so on point in how the mangaka had no idea how to advance the story so it's now a jumbled mess.

Most modern romance is so trash, it doesn't even play up the romance aspect anymore, just make girls look moe and that'll do for most viewers. Fuck the development, right?

edit: the whole "imma make you luv me den dump you" plot line is looking so stupid by the end of this episode, as if the whole show hasn't developed once. If that phrase is not meant to be taken at face value or should be taken as a joke, then it's not funny.
ToG25thBaamMar 31, 2017 5:12 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 31, 2017 7:10 AM

Apr 2013
The last few episodes KILLED this series. It could have been done much better.
Masamune-kun... NO revenge.
HazuraeMar 31, 2017 7:16 AM
Mar 31, 2017 8:00 AM

Apr 2014
So they ended it with a kiss of the finale huh?
And it's like it's an anime original ending.
Anyway, I'll rate this anime a 7 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 31, 2017 10:44 AM

Apr 2014
I wish I could put "Incomplete" for when I finished this anime. Kinda disappointing last 4-5 episodes.
Nyaaaria- said:
You really are the king of marathoning

Mar 31, 2017 3:34 PM

May 2009
What a waste of episodes.
At the beginning I really liked it, but just like many other people here: the last couple of episodes were unnecessary and stupid.

Things that annoy me:
-The main story/plot has not ended. Probably the biggest reason why everyone is bummed out. He didn't get his revenge nor did he 100% go for her admitting that he loves her. There's also the fat kid and the fact that Masamune is the actual kid from their childhood. Not sure how both Masamune and Aki haven't got the slidest clue. The story isn't over and it just doesn't make any sense at this point.
-The whole Romeo and Juliet thing was about Aki having a dance with one of the guys. It didn't happen at all nor did they ever speak about it again. This feels completely weird after watching this show. Almost everything was worked out quite well until the fat kid showed and this arc started. Instead they just have what feels like a random karaoke meeting. Afterwards Masamune suddenly able to talk to Aki without the fat kid around, even though throughout the arc this was the biggest hold up for Masamune.

Urgh I hate being this dissatisfied. Not sure if the director wants us to read the manga at this point or there will actually be a second season.
Even though I would still watch the second season out of curiosity I would give the anime a 5/10. Almost everything was enjoyable, but the last couple of episodes were entirely pointless and rushed. Apart from the fact that THE STORY HASN'T ENDED. Y U DO THIS TO ME, ANIME ADAPTATION.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Apr 2, 2017 2:33 AM

Jan 2011
A load of crap, but had its moments :)
Cant give it more than 7/10. Nekohime saved it from being 6/10 :)
Apr 2, 2017 11:26 AM

Nov 2010
If it wasn't for Fuuka this would've been the worst of the season. (for me.)
We didn't get anything out of the story, Ugh.

5/10
Apr 7, 2017 6:49 AM

Jun 2012
this could have been much more interesting

4/10
Apr 8, 2017 2:19 AM
Mar 2012
Looks like story continues, alright mid end.
Kiss happened, and Neko parts were all good.
Overall more com than rom, or using rom plot to serve comedy. In that pov it was consistently funny & worth the few random plot twists. Osts were the most memorable.
Apr 9, 2017 9:13 AM

Jan 2014
so they left us hanging again..
I thought he get his revenge when they kiss, that what he planned right..

6/10 for hanging ending.
Apr 10, 2017 5:59 AM
Oct 2015
tbf they handled it all pretty meh in comparison to how much was missing from the manga. Felt rushed
Apr 10, 2017 8:26 AM

May 2016
Bad final.
Don't show anything, about his fat past or about love.
Is an average anime. All anime are like this. This have nothing of different from others.

6 or 7 /10

In my opinion is better the final episode of School Days.
Apr 11, 2017 1:58 PM

Oct 2013
It seems like this anime was made only for those who have read the manga.
Because I didn't understand anything relevant at all. Except that it came an usurper and nothing of explain why Aki had rejected Masamune in childhood.

The worst really, I hated it.
Apr 12, 2017 7:10 PM

May 2012
That kiss was great! But I'm actually a bit sad he didn't actually told her the whole truth and that not everything got resolved as there are still some lose strings to everything. Especially the fact that he didn't got his "revenge" yet...

But in general I did quite like the whole pacing and character development this series had, so all in all it was still a fun watch!
Apr 12, 2017 8:15 PM
Jan 2010
Another typical harem anime with no real ending again.....
Apr 14, 2017 6:35 AM

Jan 2017
if the anime ended like that i would've deserve a low score (but even if it was one season it deserve a better score)
but this anime has another season in April 2018 so you can not rate it poorly because many things weren't explained https://oxvo.info/masamune-kun-no-revenge-season-2/
(sorry if it is fake)
Apr 14, 2017 6:39 AM

Oct 2013
I'm so disappointed ! i feel like Masamune is the one who betrayed his own class. okay he cared about another class by acting as subtituce prince, but really what a piece of shit, and ofc everyone would let it slide since he's the "hot" guy, focken anime logic.

I feel like the story is getting no where, back to square one. It makes The whole series pointless, LIke watching 12 episodes Intro, wtf really ? the first couple episodes were entertaining, made me curious what'd happen next, but meh.

So Adagaki doesn't know that fat guy is fake Masamune, and the real Masamune didn't get a clue about that, kinda pisses me off. At least they kissed in the end eventhough Masamune got a good punch on his face by that bish. I ship Masamune x Fujinomiya actually, she deserves so much more.

Overall score 7/10, we'll see if the 2nd season gets any better
Apr 17, 2017 8:03 AM

Apr 2015
The kiss YES!! Pretty rushed ending but I liked it. Season 2 pl0x? 7.5/10
Apr 17, 2017 9:15 AM

Dec 2012
That ending was bad. Nothing changed, their relation is still the same and we are far from seeing his revenge. Neko would have been the best choice.

It was fun and easy to watch, but this anime disappointed me :/
Apr 19, 2017 10:58 AM
Jul 2008
Because I heard the manga was ending by the same time the anime end. I was expecting the anime to be full adapting the manga like ACCA and Kuzu no Honkai.
But then turned out it is not. I'm disappointed not because of that but because of the cliffhanger ending and weak story progression.

1. Neko was shown as a character who had chronic illness and would die soon. His dad did not even want to talk about surgery success chance but after 1 episode she's fine like never sick before. No one was questioning about her, like she just got a cold and get fine next day. I think it's also a dumb plot to make Masamune go training for whole month.

2. Adagaki seems to lost her attraction to the fake Masamune in the karaoke episode. Turned out this episode is not in the manga and just made to promote the songs. Really weird to see them like 'It's all over, so no hard feelings ok?'

I feel that I just watch a gag manga whose characters are just fine on the next scene like nothing happened to them.

--

SnapMyBerry said:
bastek66 said:
They didn't even reveal truth about Gasou

Dude. This was on the latest chapter on the manga. Ofc it wouldnt be in the anime.

LeonLanfordApr 19, 2017 11:03 AM
Apr 20, 2017 3:15 PM
Apr 2017
When will the 12th episode be aired on kissanime.rue
Apr 20, 2017 6:44 PM

Aug 2016
LeonLanford said:

Yep only a hint but the full revelation happened like in chapter 38 or 39 lol i cant exactly remember.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 24, 2017 8:43 PM

Apr 2013
Wheres the revenge? this was by far the worst harem shit I seen.

Also sick of these generic male MCs can we get one that actually has a pair?
Calavera_89Apr 24, 2017 8:47 PM
Apr 25, 2017 2:50 PM
Apr 2017
Thought there would of been a bigger better ending to be honest
Apr 27, 2017 12:05 PM

Jul 2013
Awful finale. The karaoke part was such sellout cringe.
May 10, 2017 7:17 AM

Jul 2014
There was no resolution at all. LOL but I enjoyed this anime and I'm actually willing to look up the manga now out of curiosity as to how everything plays out in the end. :p

Couldn't help but laugh at that ending scene too... a class trip to Paris??! lol dayum
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
May 12, 2017 1:38 PM
Jul 2015
If you read on Wikia, Yoshina disguised as Aki and said she will not fall for pig foot which yoshino tried to get makabe heartbroken.
May 12, 2017 10:11 PM

Jun 2016
Masamune failed at last, and what was this ending damnit.
May 18, 2017 12:02 AM

Jun 2009
I ended up enjoying this much more than I thought I would. 7/10 would watch season 2.

Final couple of episodes were a bit weaker due to this othe guy.
May 31, 2017 8:30 PM

Dec 2012
ended better than I thought it would, wasn't a trainwreck, but my enjoyment went down after about episode 6/7

wanted a trap snow white so badly
Jun 2, 2017 2:06 AM

Mar 2015
He finally kisses her!

And it looks like there'll be a second season in the works what with that class notice in Masamune's hands

7/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 2, 2017 10:07 AM
May 2017
Some of the comments are a bit confusing with complaints about not confessing that he was pigs foot etc. I thought (and feel free to correct me if I am wrong) it was fairly obvious this wasnt the end of the source material (whether the anime gets a season 2 or not is another matter). Though it does feel a bit like episode 2-Before the Fat Dude appeared were a bit of a waste of time.
I would also prefer a pairing with Yoshino, would be interesting to see a Season 2 where that pairing occurs, but it does seem like Aki is probably the "canon" romance in this story, Aki doesnt bother me enough that that fact would put me off tbh.

I found it quite entertaining on the whole will go 7/10
Jun 9, 2017 11:22 PM

Jan 2012
disappointing. making anime only to promote the manga. -.-
and revenge is not there until the end.

Jun 13, 2017 12:53 PM
May 2012
Well I actually enjoyed the show, it started really good. Things started to mess up when the other Masamue appeared. But there was still a hudge potential for the show to turn out all right, but...

It didn't.

After Class A's theater play they basically dropped all the plot lines and instead added this "peace, joy and pancakes" (as one would say in German) ending that doesn't match up with what happend before.

The show resolved dramatic tension in a comical way before, when Neko reappeared after the scene she was supposingly dieing. And it woud be fine if they, did something similar in this case (as it seems to be the case in the manga, from what I've seen in this comments so far.) and there would also have been countles other options to end this show in a satisfactory manner but they didn't choose any of them. As far as I recall I was never so dissapointed about the way a show ends.

Would have been a 8/10 but the ending made it drop to 6/10 or even 5/10 (I still need to think about this.)
SanyuuJun 13, 2017 1:08 PM
Jun 18, 2017 9:19 AM

Jan 2013
6/10 overall, last episode was dull.

The karaoke part was super cringey, had to mute it most of the time.
Jun 23, 2017 2:20 AM

Nov 2016
5/10 overall. I don't think I'll read the manga even if it is worth it. Perfectly middle of the road experience.
Jun 23, 2017 7:25 AM

Mar 2008
wtf! Needed more episodes!
Oh well. It was a fun ride anyway.
Jun 24, 2017 6:49 PM

Oct 2014
Problem with these types of anime is they end up being extremely frustrating. That was a very unsatisfying ending.

Why not reveal the Pig's Foot thing? Holding out for 2nd season?

Those last few episodes were a bit of a mess. Fat fiance , dumb kareoke scene, annoying "bodyguard" scenes. It's a real shame. Was so close to being a great anime.
Jul 1, 2017 6:26 PM

Jun 2013
Well that was disappointing. Makabe wants revenge but he sucks at it since he is an oblivious idiot who constantly embarrasses himself, gets undermined by others, and tries hard to win the affection of an obnoxious Aki so he can dump her to exact vengeance and that pretty much sums up the story.

There is hardly any real "revenge" which was the main reason I decided to watch it. It's pretty much your typical hate turns love romantic comedy but with exaggeration of humor. I am pretty sure there won't be any "revenge" by the time this series ends.

The last three episodes make me dislike Aki's character to a great extent. I mean the moment she was reunited with the fake Masamune she began to neglect Makabe but was upset when he was paying more attention to Neko.

I only wished characters like Futaba and Yoshino had more screen-time with Makabe as they were far more interesting and likeable than Aki.

Overall 5/10
Jul 23, 2017 3:06 AM

Sep 2016
Very disappointed ending.

Really, i love this series, just reading the premise is very interesting. But...Haaah, disappointed ending. Whereas the Neko confession flag and theater flag at school was very good, but what the hell after that, Karaoke? Really? That is very disappointing.

No legitimate attempt at resolving the main plot. Any of the following endings would've been better.

Like, seriously, 10 minutes of Karaoke? Really? I was sat there the whole episode waiting for some kind of resolution, and instead we got Gasou getting fucked over, and Masamune making no attempt to exact his revenge, or even go back at it.

Where was the show even going? What was the end goal? Although it went to season 2, but the ending made me think, "Haah, I was not interested anymore to watch the second season."

I have never read Masamune-kun no Revenge manga, hopefully the manga is better than anime.
NabeliaJul 23, 2017 3:10 AM
Aug 18, 2017 9:43 PM
Jan 2017
I really don’t know where to rate this series, started of really fresh. A high school rom com that evolved around making fun of the shallowness of teenage attracting and dating. That delivered plenty of humour, that kept things from being overly cynical. Then went a giant bridge too far in the last arc with the mellow drama. With an out of nowhere twist that was just too dumb and ended it with it to all be carried on in a second season that most likely won’t come. Sigh.
Sep 1, 2017 5:26 PM
Sep 2017
What the heck, the ending should be the guy confessing to her that he the real fat guy before. So dissapointing, but i want to see more. Maybe there will be season2. Right? But the whole season was good. But the ending was bad
Sep 12, 2017 6:24 AM

Jan 2012
Another one for the recycle bin.

4/10
Sep 17, 2017 3:58 PM
Nov 2016
It won't have a 2nd season, it just didn't sell much, tbh almost nothing, but you can read the , and if you will don't see the spoiler:
Sep 17, 2017 4:03 PM
Nov 2016
AnnurSama said:
What the heck, the ending should be the guy confessing to her that he the real fat guy before. So dissapointing, but i want to see more. Maybe there will be season2. Right? But the whole season was good. But the ending was bad
the anime will not have a 2nd season, but you can read the manga
Oct 13, 2017 5:29 AM

Dec 2008
Meh it was a good enough show. SOme hilarity, some depth, and the premise was good. I give it a 6.5/10. NO need for e 2nd season on this one really.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

145 by Cheese_Enjoyer07 »»
Jan 2, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

235 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:15 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

230 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2017

130 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 9:47 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2017

208 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.