Forum Settings
Forums

Man plows car into crowd in Westminster Bridge (London)....Definitely a Terror Attack!

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 24, 2017 4:54 PM
Mar 2014
RO7 said:
This is so stupid, we have attacks here in Saudi Arabia as well as other Muslim majority countries and you don't see us blame Islam, it is utterly idiotic to even suggest that.

What is really strange, is how people would with no doubt in their mind blame Islam and start to questioning the believes of those people, but when anyone does a crimes of any sort they don't question their faith or whatever they believe in. Seriously wtf.

My condolences to the families, it is truly sad seeing two children, a women and an officer pass away.

These are the 25 most recent terror attacks in Saudi Arabia I could find. You can look them up if you don't believe me. I apologize if the idea offends you, but I've had to deal with people who constantly ignore facts and claim I'm lying on this site recently.

March 3rd, 2017 -- A security officer killed by sectarian extremists.
March 1st, 2017 -- Police beat two cross-dressers to death with sticks.
December 24th, 2016 -- A border guard is shot to death by Shiite radicals.
October 30th, 2016 -- ISIS suspected of killing a policewoman.
October 25th, 2016 -- Shiite radicals ambush and kill two local cops.
October 25th, 2016 -- A foreign laborer is laid out by an Ansarullah rocket.
September 18th, 2016 -- Two local cops are fatally shot by suspected Shiite extremists.
September 4th, 2016 -- A woman is liquefied by a Shiite shell slamming into her house.
August 28th, 2016 -- Two children are disassembled by a Shiite rocket.
August 27th, 2016 -- A 3-year-old child is killed by a cross-border rocket fired by Shiite radicals.
August 20th, 2016 -- A civilian is eliminated by a Shiite rocket.
August 17th, 2016 -- Masked Shiite terrorists are suspected of gunning down a local cop.
August 16th, 2016 -- Seven Saudis are laid out by a Shiite rocket.
August 1st, 2016 -- Four family members crushed in their home by a Shiite rocket.
July 30th, 2016 -- Seven border guards lose their lives to Shiite radicals.
July 19th, 2016 -- Three Saudis lose their lives to a rocket fired by Shiite radicals.
July 4th, 2016 -- A suicide bomber detonates near the US embassy.
July 4th, 2016 -- Four guards are killed by a suicide bomber outside Islam's second holiest mosque.
June 24th, 2016 -- A local cop is gunned down by Shia radicals.
June 23rd, 2016 -- Two ISIS-supporting brothers stab their mother to death.
May 8th, 2016 -- Terrorists open fire on a police station, killing an officer.
April 4th, 2016 -- ISIS snipers pick off a local military officer.
February 28th, 2016 -- A local cop is murdered by family members, who then pledge allegiance to ISIS.
February 15th, 2016 -- A retired man is shot to death on his farm by the Islamic State.
January 29th, 2016 -- Shiite mosque attacked by a suicide bombing and gunfire, killing five worshippers.

My question is, how can you say this has nothing to do with Islam?
To anyone who doesn't know, Shia is a branch of Islam, believed by Sunni Muslims to not be "true Islam." They've been at war since the death of Muhammad.
omfgplzstopMar 24, 2017 5:21 PM
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Mar 24, 2017 5:52 PM

Oct 2015
The attacker was born in the UK. This exposes the tricky situation European countries face regarding terrorism. If you adopt an open borders policy, islamists will send in attackers within the crowds of refugees, if you close the borders or threaten to do so with something like Brexit, then islamists will radicalise some Muslims born inside the country as they can make the argument that the country is "against them" or something along those lines.
Mar 25, 2017 4:04 AM

Oct 2013
@omfgplzstop What I mean by it had nothing to do with Islam, is the fact it goes against clear and explicit rules in it.

The whole region is unstable and plagued with political issues and wars with Islam sadly used as a tool to control the masses.

Muslim are just people, you will get the good and the bad, that I find reasonable, but to point to Islam every time one of these happen is absurd.
Mar 25, 2017 4:39 AM

Apr 2012
Lobinde said:
The attacker was born in the UK. This exposes the tricky situation European countries face regarding terrorism. If you adopt an open borders policy, islamists will send in attackers within the crowds of refugees, if you close the borders or threaten to do so with something like Brexit, then islamists will radicalise some Muslims born inside the country as they can make the argument that the country is "against them" or something along those lines.
It also mostly feeds into the "They were born there, so they should have been assimilated like everyone else.".

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Mar 25, 2017 5:14 AM
Mar 2014
RO7 said:
@omfgplzstop What I mean by it had nothing to do with Islam, is the fact it goes against clear and explicit rules in it.

The whole region is unstable and plagued with political issues and wars with Islam sadly used as a tool to control the masses.

Muslim are just people, you will get the good and the bad, that I find reasonable, but to point to Islam every time one of these happen is absurd.
It doesn't go against explicit rules in it, though. For one out of many examples, read verse 9:73 (as well as 86 and 91 for the context of a holy war). Among hypocrites are those who are reluctant to fight, reluctant to follow Sharia, fear death or are friendly to nonbelievers. It's in the same sura, although you'll have to go back for it. The whole Sunni-Shia murders started with each declaring the others apostates.

There are plenty of other examples of the Qur'an calling for the death of nonbelievers and hypocrites, as well as glorifying martyrdom.

Even if Islam is completely harmless and peaceful, which I will continue to argue is not the case, being used to control the masses still means Islam is misunderstood enough to allow this manipulation, and imams should most certainly be expected to clear it up. If Islam didn't glorify martyrdom, it would be simply impossible to drive this many people to commit suicidal terror.
omfgplzstopMar 25, 2017 5:17 AM
Rinth said:

Mar 25, 2017 7:34 AM

Oct 2013
@omfgplzstop It does.

The surah does talk about war among other things , but not holy war.

Those hypocrites were forgiven when they repented in the same sura in verse 118, friendly to the non-believer who were coming to kill the Muslims, I think if that happened to a country in our time it would be an act of betrayal against the state punished by death in most countries. Another thing to note is these so called hypocrites as long as they didn't take up arms, they were unharmed.

Sure, that is how sects work. I suppose context is in order for who and what were the non-believers, hypocrites in the verses you are pointing to as well as what is the definition of martyrdom according to the Islam.

What I said about controlling the masses could be said about any religion through history, many people have declared suicide in Islam an unforgivable sin let alone suicide bombing.

A police officer dying doing his job, is called a martyr, a mother protecting her children from a killer is called that as well. It is the problem of misunderstanding such a concept that leads people into doing such things as well as ignorance of Islam in general among people.
Mar 25, 2017 7:51 AM

Jul 2015
why atacker called 'asian-looking' by witnesses tho
maeks slawa think chinese initialy
Mar 25, 2017 8:32 AM

Mar 2017
When a ton of my friends were tagging themselves as "safe from the Westminster attacks" on Facebook I was worried what had happened. yet again it looks like something blown out of proportion. one crazy person means it's a terror attack apparently .
Mar 25, 2017 8:41 AM

Apr 2012
Jaln said:
When a ton of my friends were tagging themselves as "safe from the Westminster attacks" on Facebook I was worried what had happened. yet again it looks like something blown out of proportion. one crazy person means it's a terror attack apparently .
Yeah, a single person can commit a terror attack, that's not "blown out of proportion", it can fit the definition of a terror attack.

Autocrat said:
Mar 25, 2017 8:47 AM

Mar 2017
Immahnoob said:
Jaln said:
Yeah, a single person can commit a terror attack, that's not "blown out of proportion", it can fit the definition of a terror attack.

I know what you mean, I just meant that it sounded like something extreme happened.
Mar 25, 2017 10:29 AM

Dec 2012
RO7 said:

It's willfully ignorant to pretend these terrorist attacks aren't linked ideologically. I don't go after Islam itself, but it's indisputable that there is a culture that utilizes Islam as a tool for its power politics. Religions get recycled as political weapons throughout history and this time it's Islam. The Islamic world is in desperate need of a reform and it's high time everyone stop pretending that we can keep crying lone wolf and hold a vigil to pretend this will all go away.
Mar 25, 2017 12:18 PM

Apr 2012
Remember guys, build bridges, not walls.

It's simply easier for them to hit you in a straight line rather than having to pass through a wall to then hit you.

Autocrat said:
Mar 25, 2017 2:38 PM
Jul 2018
Immahnoob said:
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Mar 25, 2017 3:23 PM

Jan 2016
the best thing about this thread is seeing that fag Immahnoobhard trying to look like a 14y old yt troll, but fail horrible at even that. lml
Mar 25, 2017 3:37 PM
Mar 2014
RO7 said:
@omfgplzstop It does.

The surah does talk about war among other things , but not holy war.

What's your definition of holy war? The Islam certainly calls for waging war against the infidels, incredibly often. From that same surah we talked about, "Fight against those who believe not in Allah, nor in the Last Day, nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth among the people of the Scripture, until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Those hypocrites were forgiven when they repented in the same sura in verse 118, friendly to the non-believer who were coming to kill the Muslims, I think if that happened to a country in our time it would be an act of betrayal against the state punished by death in most countries. Another thing to note is these so called hypocrites as long as they didn't take up arms, they were unharmed.

Three of them, and the verse has no bearing on the rest of the hypocrites as they are still addressed in later surahs:

Their repentence wasn't being friendly to non-believers as your comment implies, it was "for them the earth, vast as it is, was straitened and their ownselves were straitened to them, and they perceived that there is no fleeing from Allah, and no refuge but with Him. Then, He accepted their repentance, that they might repent (unto Him). Verily, Allah is the One Who accepts repentance, Most Merciful."

This is what the Qur'an thinks about being friendly to the non-believer:

In the Bukhari (66:82), Ali says, "I heard the Prophet saying, "In the last days there will appear young people with foolish thoughts and ideas. They will give good talks, but they will go out of Islam as an arrow goes out of its game, their faith will not exceed their throats. So, wherever you find them, kill them, for there will be a reward for their killers on the Day of Resurrection."

Sure, that is how sects work. I suppose context is in order for who and what were the non-believers, hypocrites in the verses you are pointing to as well as what is the definition of martyrdom according to the Islam.

The munafiqun. They are discussed on many occasions, but according to the same surah, for example, they are distinguished by refusing to wage or fund war:

What I said about controlling the masses could be said about any religion through history

Jainism, Buddhism and even Judaism were never used to control masses. In fact, to quote Sam Harris, "where are the Tibetan Buddhist suicide bombers?" It's practically impossible to bend the core ideas of Buddhism into murder the way ISIS is supposedly doing to Islam. Islam has been advocating war and murder since its conception.

many people have declared suicide in Islam an unforgivable sin let alone suicide bombing.

And yet 99.5% of all suicide bombings have been committed by Muslims.

You're using a strawman. Suicide being against Islam doesn't mean suicide bombing isn't.

Fighting for Allah's cause is constantly presented as waging war against nonbelievers. This is even more evident in the hadith, but there are plenty of verses in the Qur'an that confirm this.

A police officer dying doing his job, is called a martyr, a mother protecting her children from a killer is called that as well. It is the problem of misunderstanding such a concept that leads people into doing such things as well as ignorance of Islam in general among people.

As shown above, it's hard not to "misunderstand" this.
Before you misunderstand me, I don't have any prejudice towards Muslims. My issue is with Islam, and many Muslims don't follow it literally, know actual facts about it or even take it seriously. But to say that it has nothing to do with these constant acts of terrorism is simply ignorant.

Salvatia said:
why atacker called 'asian-looking' by witnesses tho
maeks slawa think chinese initialy

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-18092605

lmfao
Rinth said:

Mar 25, 2017 5:01 PM

Apr 2012
Neane93 said:
Immahnoob said:
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Everything's so much fun when politics and reality do not intertwine.

Autocrat said:
Mar 26, 2017 4:09 AM

Oct 2013
@omfgplzstop you are using verses that are in the times of war to say they apply in times of peace, which is wrong, since they are contextualized to fit that time only.

first, the verse you quoted has a condition, if you actually paid attention, it said until they pay the Jizyah. It is as known to many Muslims, a tax in an Islamic state, only for the able of people, meaning it excludes, the poor, worshipers, women, children and the elderly. If those people pay it, they have protection in times of war and they are free to live their lives as they please. Moreover, fight which in the Qur'an Jahido/جاهدوا isn't limited to physical fighting, but even reasoning with people or fight them with wisdom.

"If the hypocrites, and those in whose hearts is a disease, and the alarmists in the city do not cease, We verily shall urge thee on against them, then they will be your neighbors in it but a little while. Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter."

Again, those were forgiven, but the ones that kept on boasting that the Muslims will lose in the fight with the coming enemy and were trying to cause disturbance in the community were told to cease doing that, they were warned. You just ignored the warning and jumped to the conclusion.

For the befriending non-believers issue:

O ye who believe! Choose not your fathers nor your brethren for friends if they take pleasure in disbelief rather than faith. Whoso of you taketh them for friends, such are wrong-doers"

It is a matter of allies rather than friends, since the word translated as friends in the original verse is Awliyaa or Guardian. Otherwise, Islam tells Muslims to be good to their parents even if they want them to disbelieve.
Verse 60:13 proves it even further by using the same root of the word in the original Arabic. Thinking that being friends with non-Muslims is not okay is plainly false.

In the Bukhari (66:82), Ali says, "I heard the Prophet saying, "In the last days there will appear young people with foolish thoughts and ideas. They will give good talks, but they will go out of Islam as an arrow goes out of its game, their faith will not exceed their throats. So, wherever you find them, kill them, for there will be a reward for their killers on the Day of Resurrection."

Many Muslim scholar say that this hadith talks about khawarj, those who rebelled against Muslims in the time of successors of the prophet as well as until the end of times. Even da'esh or Isis can be included in this hadith as well as other hadiths that talk about the nature of these people.

The other verse are in other contexts which you are free to follow them through.

For the most important issue of all, suicide.

And spend in the way of Allah and do not throw [yourselves] with your [own] hands into destruction. And do good; indeed, Allah loves the doers of good "

2:195.

Another evidence but from the hadiths, from Bukhari
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "He who commits suicide by throttling shall keep on throttling himself in the Hell Fire (forever) and he who commits suicide by stabbing himself shall keep on stabbing himself in the Hell-Fire."

2:23:446

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Whoever purposely throws himself from a mountain and kills himself, will be in the (Hell) Fire falling down into it and abiding therein perpetually forever; and whoever drinks poison and kills himself with it, he will be carrying his poison in his hand and drinking it in the (Hell) Fire wherein he will abide eternally forever; and whoever kills himself with an iron weapon, will be carrying that weapon in his hand and stabbing his abdomen with it in the (Hell) Fire wherein he will abide eternally forever."

7:71:670

To actually say or even suggest that Islam encourages killing yourself is absurd by now, if you actually took the time to look into it in totality, not cherry pick what you find to fit your own understanding of what might be Islamic or not.

Anyway, I do not take offence in you saying what you said, you are entitled to your opinion and you are free to disagree with me. I do not want to turn this into something else than intended.
RO7Mar 26, 2017 4:21 AM
Mar 26, 2017 7:44 AM
Mar 2014
RO7 said:
@omfgplzstop you are using verses that are in the times of war to say they apply in times of peace, which is wrong, since they are contextualized to fit that time only.

first, the verse you quoted has a condition, if you actually paid attention, it said until they pay the Jizyah. It is as known to many Muslims, a tax in an Islamic state, only for the able of people, meaning it excludes, the poor, worshipers, women, children and the elderly. If those people pay it, they have protection in times of war and they are free to live their lives as they please. Moreover, fight which in the Qur'an Jahido/جاهدوا isn't limited to physical fighting, but even reasoning with people or fight them with wisdom.

This is right after Muhammad and his Muslims relocated to Medina. They were NOT under attack. This is NOT a time of war. They proceed to drive the Meccans out of Mecca.

Saying the verses are "out of context" doesn't work, because they aren't at all uncommon. Every other issue Muhammad has he solves with war following a "revelation" from Allah.

Regarding reasoning with people, the same term is used for both verses which explicitly call for cutting off fingers and beheading and verses which call for general war.

The Jizya is precisely the reason I quoted that verse and not any other verse calling for war against nonbelievers. Pay attention to "until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."
You claim that it excludes the poor, worshipers, women, children and the elderly. Seeing as how Muslims ARE worshipers, I take it that you're saying the only people who can pay are non-muslims. So basically, if they don't believe in Allah, they pay a tax for protection (from Muslims themselves, of course). If they don't pay the tax, they die (since like you said, it's a condition). Woo.

"If the hypocrites, and those in whose hearts is a disease, and the alarmists in the city do not cease, We verily shall urge thee on against them, then they will be your neighbors in it but a little while. Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter."

Again, those were forgiven, but the ones that kept on boasting that the Muslims will lose in the fight with the coming enemy and were trying to cause disturbance in the community were told to cease doing that, they were warned. You just ignored the warning and jumped to the conclusion.

Those were forgiven, even though this is 24 surahs later?
These aren't the same hypocrites you claim were forgiven, except that they're also hypocrites. Those whose hearts is a disease, i.e. Jews/Christians, were never forgiven. Alarmists, as in, people who speak out against Islam, are not forgiven. They are to be sought out by Muslims, as they have not ceased. That's what terrorists are doing.

For the befriending non-believers issue:

O ye who believe! Choose not your fathers nor your brethren for friends if they take pleasure in disbelief rather than faith. Whoso of you taketh them for friends, such are wrong-doers"

It is a matter of allies rather than friends, since the word translated as friends in the original verse is Awliyaa or Guardian. Otherwise, Islam tells Muslims to be good to their parents even if they want them to disbelieve.
Verse 60:13 proves it even further by using the same root of the word in the original Arabic. Thinking that being friends with non-Muslims is not okay is plainly false.

I concur regarding the word, but befriending non-muslims is still an issue. If we assume they are not allowed to be allies (or consult, according to verse 3:118), there's a clear distancing between them on the basis that "they will corrupt you." I don't think that just because you aren't explicitly told not to befriend them, the Qur'an has nothing against it, and it's far from plainly false. This is the "show me the words holy war" argument Jamal Badawi tried to use in 2005. There's plenty of evidence that the Qur'an doesn't want muslims to have relations with nonbelievers, and the verse quoted isn't the only one I provided.

Many Muslim scholar say that this hadith talks about khawarj, those who rebelled against Muslims in the time of successors of the prophet as well as until the end of times. Even da'esh or Isis can be included in this hadith as well as other hadiths that talk about the nature of these people.

I will not include da'esh in this because the things they are doing are not "out of Islam," as I'm arguing, so I disagree until I'm convinced that they're distorting Islam. I doubt they are the ones referred to given how much Islam seems to care about "hypocrites," though.

The other verse are in other contexts which you are free to follow them through.

no comprendo

For the most important issue of all, suicide.

And spend in the way of Allah and do not throw [yourselves] with your [own] hands into destruction. And do good; indeed, Allah loves the doers of good "

2:195.

Another evidence but from the hadiths, from Bukhari
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "He who commits suicide by throttling shall keep on throttling himself in the Hell Fire (forever) and he who commits suicide by stabbing himself shall keep on stabbing himself in the Hell-Fire."

2:23:446

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Whoever purposely throws himself from a mountain and kills himself, will be in the (Hell) Fire falling down into it and abiding therein perpetually forever; and whoever drinks poison and kills himself with it, he will be carrying his poison in his hand and drinking it in the (Hell) Fire wherein he will abide eternally forever; and whoever kills himself with an iron weapon, will be carrying that weapon in his hand and stabbing his abdomen with it in the (Hell) Fire wherein he will abide eternally forever."

7:71:670

To actually say or even suggest that Islam encourages killing yourself is absurd by now, if you actually took the time to look into it in totality, not cherry pick what you find to fit your own understanding of what might be Islamic or not.

Anyway, I do not take offence in you saying what you said, you are entitled to your opinion and you are free to disagree with me. I do not want to turn this into something else than intended.

Like I said, suicide being against Islam doesn't mean suicide bombing isn't. That's a strawman.
Here's another bit regarding martyrdom:

Again, the verses calling for violence are plenty. I don't NEED to cherry pick to get them. I haven't provided and you haven't addressed the many verses of violence in the Qur'ran, only examples (and the latter doesn't apply to all of them) -- to ignore that is just as bad as actual cherrypicking.
Rinth said:

Mar 26, 2017 12:25 PM

Oct 2013
Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors.And kill them wherever you overtake them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there. But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.And if they cease, then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.Fight them until there is no [more] fitnah and [until] worship is [acknowledged to be] for Allah . But if they cease, then there is to be no aggression except against the oppressors.

190-194. https://quran.com/2/189

You see, you are again mistaken. These verse, 190-194 were revealed when those same makkans attacked madinah, they came from Makkah to kill the Muslims.
With the proper translation you can see how the verses say, fight when fought, but stop if the one initiating the attack stops and notice the last verse " there is to be no aggression except against oppressors ( in general to whoever is oppressing Muslims in anytime, and the pagan makkans to be specific in context of when it was revealed)

This is the battle of Badr, I am sure you can google the whole story if you want confirmation.
The same could be said about the rest of the so called calling to killing non-Muslims, but I do not want to make a wall of text. I am sure you can read about every single one of them in their proper context, again instead of picking them to interpret them in the most biased way possible.

For Jizyah, as I said it is for people able to pay ie the wealthy , excluding women, children, elders and worshipers as in a priest or a nun in our time would be considered as such, since they can not possibly pay when they use all their time to WORSHIP. You are again mistaken, protection from people attacking the Muslims and they are not required to join in the process in an Islamic state, on the other hand Muslims have pay Zakat, which is much greater. Jizyah is next to nothing in comparison with Zakat. Why willing submission? for the state's authority, it is like the same of anyone paying taxes in the west, you pay it in submission and subdued, both of them pay, for the finance of the state.

If the hypocrites and those in whose hearts is disease and those who spread rumors in al-Madinah do not cease, We will surely incite you against them; then they will not remain your neighbors therein except for a little.

What you just implied is against what the verse says, in al-Madinah. Not in the world, is it? You just ignored whatever context this was revealed as well as this translation is misleading to say the least.

Smoking is prohibited, but not called by name, it is by drawing parallels, similar is suicide bombing. It is another type of self harm, it does not need to be specified

The reason I didn't respond to every single verse, is because they would be in a context of their own, you should study them, seeing as how you know them by numbers but not by their historical background and context. It does not come as a shock to me since they are constantly used in this fashion.
Mar 26, 2017 1:40 PM
Mar 2014
For Jizyah, as I said it is for people able to pay ie the wealthy , excluding women, children, elders and worshipers as in a priest or a nun in our time would be considered as such, since they can not possibly pay when they use all their time to WORSHIP. You are again mistaken, protection from people attacking the Muslims and they are not required to join in the process in an Islamic state, on the other hand Muslims have pay Zakat, which is much greater. Jizyah is next to nothing in comparison with Zakat.

I'm not mistaken, because as you yourself have said, the Jizya is the condition for them not to be killed. You're just playing games at this point.
Zakat requires the muslim's wealth to exceed the Nisab. Dhimmis (non-Dhimmis could either convert or die) pay Jizya regardless of such a standard, and the amount paid as Zakat is fixed whereas Jizya is not and has no limit, leading to things like mass civil protests of 1679 in India. Refusing to pay Zakat just means the payment is postponed, whereas refusing to pay Jizya means death or loss of property; finally, Jizya is paid in submission and humiliation while Zakat is paid "seeking god's pleasre."

You can understand that from the translation I used as well, which is why I explicitly stated that this is right after they relocated to Medina. I find it strange that other translations, by Muslims, present it as "the unjust," "wrong-doers" and so on.
Historians do not record any act of aggression by the Meccan Quraish against the Muslims during the time at which the second sura was narrated by Muhammad. There were no armies marching against them, nor any plans for such. The Meccans had little influence in this far-away town, and Muslims were not under persecution at the time by any stretch of the term, as it is understood today.

According to the sequence of events in the Sira (biography), the Meccans were quite content with leaving Muhammad alone following his eviction (even though he had made a pledge of war against them). Ibn Kathir narrates one of the adversaries as saying, "Once he has gone, we shouldn't care where he ends up or what happens to him. So long as he is gone, we'll be rid of him and we'll be able to restore our affairs as they were before." (Vol.2 p.152). And they did... or tried to, anyway.

Chronology according to Muslim historians:
There is absolutely no record of Meccan aggression against the Muslims at Medina in the first three years after their arrival in 622.

Muhammad ordered the first raids against the Meccans a year after the hijra in February of 623, which eventually proved deadly. There is no record of Quraish aggression during this time.

Word of an impending Muslim attack on a particularly rich caravan, prompted the Meccans to send an army out in defense, where they were goaded into battle and routed by the Muslims at Badr in March of 624.

The Meccans avenged their loss at Badr (and the hostages that were cruelly executed by Muhammad) by routing the Muslims at Uhud, near Medina, in March of 625. If their ultimate objective had been to kill Muhammad and his followers, then they surely would have invaded the defenseless city and defeated them. They obviously did not have any interest in doing this.

Muhammad behaved himself with the Meccans for one year, choosing to support himself instead by evicting local Jewish tribes and confiscating their property. Then he began attacking caravans in April of 626.

After a year of renewed Muslim aggression, the Meccans responded by sending an army to Medina a year later in April of 627, where they failed in a siege that is known as the 'Battle of the Trench.'

And you can look this up. This is also when surah 47 was revealed, verses 34-35 being "Verily, those who disbelieve, and hinder (men) from the Path of Allah; then die while they are disbelievers, Allah will not forgive them. So be not weak and ask not for peace while you are having the upper hand."
All knowledge of the battle at Badr comes from traditional Islamic accounts, both hadiths and biographies of Muhammad, recorded in written form some time after the battle. There is little evidence outside of these of the battle. There are no descriptions of the battle prior to the 9th Century.

Also, I'll say again that I don't need to cherrypick anything because of how common violent verses are in the Qur'an and hadiths. Saying you aren't gonna respond to all of them because they all have their own little contexts, even though Muslims are told to emulate Muhammad and he is the reason all of these wars occured and he is the one who behaves this way throughout the Qur'ran, even though hadiths constantly call for murder of nonbelievers, is blatantly dishonest.

The point isn't that it's an unspecified type of self-harm, it's that it's a form of martyrdom that's glorified in Islamic texts. I showed you where, but like other points of mine, you haven't addressed them and are still trying to take down a strawman.

By the way, what's the penalty for leaving Islam?
Rinth said:

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.