Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 22, 2017 1:11 AM
Mar 2017
Whoever wrote the story for this anime did a lousy job of leaving a loophole.
A big one.

Somewhere in the first few episodes they say that the witch(satella) cannot read or write yet she is able to understand what subaru is going to say(and thus stops subaru at the time when he is going to reveal the secret everytime!!!).

Lets say she does not understand but 'feels' what ever subaru is saying...Atleast MC could have tried to use some means like write some encrypted stuff or maybe telepathy(I guess if 'seeing through someone else's eyes is possible then telepathy should be too').

The disappointment comes from the fact that MC did not try all those secondary means to reveal the secret.
Mar 22, 2017 1:19 AM

Sep 2016
The_Prob_Sol said:
....Lets say she does not understand but 'feels' what ever subaru is saying...Atleast MC could have tried to use some means like write some encrypted stuff or maybe telepathy(I guess if 'seeing through someone else's eyes is possible then telepathy should be too').

The disappointment comes from the fact that MC did not try all those secondary means to reveal the secret.

If she "feels" his intent, then even if he were to try those secondary means, she'd still know.
I didn't read the source, so don't know if that was something not animated, or just wasn't there to begin with.
Either way, I think it was something implied that he'd be found out, no matter what he tried.
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Mar 22, 2017 1:21 AM

Jan 2015
Thread moved from anime discussion board.
Mar 22, 2017 1:22 AM

Feb 2016
Ye, it also annoyed me a bit that they even didnt show him trying different methods but it was one of my least important complaints so w/e

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Mar 22, 2017 3:59 AM

Jul 2016
It is confirmed in episode 17 that Satella is actively surveying/stalking Subaru, with Satella having the liberty to decide whether to keep or take away Subaru's Return by Death. So challenging the witch's patience by doing all the different methods to hint people about his ability may not be a good idea.

About Satella not understanding human language, the original LN text is
いわく、彼女には人の言葉が通じない。
which literally translates "It is said that she cannot comprehend human language".
I would say that the witch may understand human language, just that she chose to ignore words throwing at her, making her seemed like a monster of destruction incapable of forming mutual understanding from the eyes of the observers/those who passed down the knowledge regarding Satella.
Mar 22, 2017 7:19 AM

Oct 2016
She knows his intention from his feeling and action, so there's no need for her to understand his language. And, the main loophole is how can Subaru speak another world language?
Mar 22, 2017 12:40 PM

Mar 2010
Remuchuan said:
She knows his intention from his feeling and action, so there's no need for her to understand his language. And, the main loophole is how can Subaru speak another world language?

Well can assume that Satella had something to do with that just as she is the one who brought him there. Remember Subaru does not actually understand their language which is why he can't read or write in it. He just has equivalent of magical translator cast of on him.
Mar 26, 2017 6:45 AM
Mar 2017
naki13 said:
NitroKageAki said:
About Satella not understanding human language, the original LN text is
いわく、彼女には人の言葉が通じない。
which literally translates "It is said that she cannot comprehend human language".
I would say that the witch may understand human language, just that she chose to ignore words throwing at her, making her seemed like a monster of destruction incapable of forming mutual understanding from the eye
more accurately, "she does not comprehend language" or "language doesn't get communicated to her" rather than that she "can't", which is more supportive of what you say. Also the "it is said part" means according to someone, and therefore it is not reliable as truth.

That little detail is v.important.
So, the witch can learn intention but cannot read/understand languages...that too is told by someone and is not truth.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2016

631 by XionnaMing »»
Today, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

715 by XionnaMing »»
Yesterday, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2072 by Nanami0007 »»
Yesterday, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2016

538 by XionnaMing »»
Yesterday, 10:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.