Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2017 1:39 PM

May 2010
PeenusWeenusCaim said:
Narmy said:

That is how you pronounce it though? Just with a little too much emphasis on the KA.
I don't think so. They way she says sakamoto as suh-KAH-mow-tow is pretty damn uncanny.

If she pronounced it as SAH-KAH-mow-tow it wouldn't be as such
Honestly it sounds like Suh-Kah-Muh-Tow which is consistent but arguably worse.
Mar 25, 2017 2:27 PM

Oct 2014
Thrashinuva said:
PeenusWeenusCaim said:
I don't think so. They way she says sakamoto as suh-KAH-mow-tow is pretty damn uncanny.

If she pronounced it as SAH-KAH-mow-tow it wouldn't be as such

People were giving the voice actress a hard time on twitter for saying it that way. According to her that's how she was told to say it though so I'm not entirely sure what the director is doing.
Mar 25, 2017 2:30 PM

May 2010
bolby said:
Thrashinuva said:

People were giving the voice actress a hard time on twitter for saying it that way. According to her that's how she was told to say it though so I'm not entirely sure what the director is doing.
As long as it's consistent it doesn't bother me.

Even the Japanese can be lazy with their own language and mispronounce words or names. I'm sure there are Japanese people who would pronounce his name in a similar fashion.

I'll be 100% fine with it if either:

All characters pronounce his name the same way
or
It's specifically addressed within the game that this character is pronouncing it differently/incorrectly.
Mar 26, 2017 1:40 AM

Jan 2013
Etrian Odyssey V was officially announced over a year ago.

It's been half a year since EOV released in Japan.

Persona 5 is basically finished and is being distributed across the west as we speak.
Which means the localization team is doing nothing.

LITERALLY NO EXCUSE

WHERE THE FUCK IS IT ATLUS.

I BOUGHT YOUR SHITTY REMAKES INSTEAD OF PIRATING THEM
WHERE'S THE LOVE

I even bought Mystery Dungeon
PeenusWeenusCaimMar 26, 2017 1:43 AM
Mar 26, 2017 6:33 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
PeenusWeenusCaim said:
https://twitter.com/ZeoMassicot/status/845304086643695616

Oh fuck this is funny.

So glad we're getting dual audio with this one.
Even Ryuji butchers his own name

And even without the name butchering, the dub still sounds lukewarm (which is a shame since P3 and P4 had a good English cast). At least there's Japanese audio available at launch.
Mar 31, 2017 7:09 AM

May 2010
Youtube isn't safe.

I'm going dark on Youtube for now.
Mar 31, 2017 7:24 AM

Jan 2013
PeenusWeenusCaim said:
Etrian Odyssey V was officially announced over a year ago.

It's been half a year since EOV released in Japan.

Persona 5 is basically finished and is being distributed across the west as we speak.
Which means the localization team is doing nothing.

LITERALLY NO EXCUSE

WHERE THE FUCK IS IT ATLUS.

I BOUGHT YOUR SHITTY REMAKES INSTEAD OF PIRATING THEM
WHERE'S THE LOVE

I CAN'T TAKE IT MUCH LONGER CAIM

I WANNA MAKE AN ARMY OF BUNNY GIRLS AND TAKE DOWN THE BIG BAD

AND I'VE PATIENTLY WAITED FOR THE ENGLISH VERSION

WE RIOT NOW

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Narmy said:
PeenusWeenusCaim said:
https://twitter.com/ZeoMassicot/status/845304086643695616

Oh fuck this is funny.

So glad we're getting dual audio with this one.

That is how you pronounce it though? Just with a little too much emphasis on the KA.

What she said:
Suh COMMA toe

What it was supposed to be:
Sah Kah Moh Toh.
Syrup-Mar 31, 2017 7:41 AM
Mar 31, 2017 8:41 AM

Mar 2014
GoldenDevilGamer said:

And even without the name butchering, the dub still sounds lukewarm (which is a shame since P3 and P4 had a good English cast). At least there's Japanese audio available at launch.
Cringe/10

Why did they cast Max Mittelman as Suh KOMMA towe? He sounds like a wannabe Johnny Yong Bosch (who I don't like either)

At least they didn't cast Bryce Papenbrook in one of the leading roles, that would've been absolutely unbearable.
Comic_SansMar 31, 2017 8:47 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 31, 2017 8:56 AM

Jan 2013
Only 4 more days....I guess I can platinum NieR or something.
Mar 31, 2017 9:07 AM

Jul 2009
GoldenDevilGamer said:

I'm usually resilient towards crappy dubs, but damn that Sakamoto pronunciation was cringy af lol.

Still, I'll probably be playing using the English audio first because of Futaba. Erica Lindbeck is extremely talented in voicing crazy smart girls.

Mar 31, 2017 1:35 PM

Jul 2014
So pissed off right now. I just checked my E-mail, only to be met by this message from the online store I pre-ordered the game from:

"We regret to inform you that we have been notified by the supplier of Persona 5 (PS3) that it is unfortunately no longer available for South Africa. They did try to secure stock of the game for our territory but weren't successful."

Fuck. I was so hyped too. :(
Take care of yourself

Mar 31, 2017 2:07 PM

Jun 2012
razortongue said:
So pissed off right now. I just checked my E-mail, only to be met by this message from the online store I pre-ordered the game from:

"We regret to inform you that we have been notified by the supplier of Persona 5 (PS3) that it is unfortunately no longer available for South Africa. They did try to secure stock of the game for our territory but weren't successful."

Damn. Is Amazon not an option for you? I've seen the PS3 version going for around 40 bucks a few days ago there
Mar 31, 2017 2:14 PM

Jul 2014
Kaimon said:
razortongue said:

Damn. Is Amazon not an option for you? I've seen the PS3 version going for around 40 bucks a few days ago there

I checked and it turns out they can't deliver it here either. :/
Take care of yourself

Mar 31, 2017 3:02 PM

Mar 2014
razortongue said:
So they don't want people to pirate games but at the same time they're forcing people to pirate games

LMFAO

Where did you pre order it from initially? GameStop?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 31, 2017 4:30 PM

Jan 2013
PeenusWeenusCaim said:
I've just been informed that there is a second EMD game on the way.

I'm still having PTSD from the first game.

Mar 31, 2017 9:22 PM

Jul 2014
Comic_Sans said:
razortongue said:
So they don't want people to pirate games but at the same time they're forcing people to pirate games

LMFAO

Nah, I initially pre-ordered it from Raru, a South African online store. This is a damn shame too as they're usually pretty reliable.

Regardless, I'll definitely try acquiring a copy somehow. Hoping it'll be on the Playstation Store.
Take care of yourself

Apr 1, 2017 3:01 PM

Nov 2012
Will probably never play it since I just decided a year ago to stick with PC gaming. But I'm glad it seems like another successful jrpg.
Apr 1, 2017 5:39 PM

Jan 2013
Syrup- said:
PeenusWeenusCaim said:
I've just been informed that there is a second EMD game on the way.

I'm still having PTSD from the first game.

I was in the jp stream when Atlus announced it. Was hoping it was Etrian Odyssey: Untold 3 but those dreams were crushed.
Apr 1, 2017 6:20 PM

Jan 2013
Hopefully Persona 5 can fill the hole that NieR left.
Apr 2, 2017 2:53 PM
Jul 2018
I'll be getting the steelbook edition of the game, although I won't be playing it until I'm done with my exams.
Apr 2, 2017 3:14 PM
Jul 2018
The Persona series is still better than the Bubsy series.
Apr 3, 2017 1:34 AM

Jan 2013

Sup dude!

Apr 3, 2017 1:48 AM

Sep 2014
My life is officially shit. I am in the middle of fuck town nowhere because my family decided to look for houses for our move, at the same time Persona 5 was going to be released. I am 300 miles from my god damn mail box and PS4, and won't be home until Saturday. The only game I wanted to play DAY 1, the first game I ever pre-ordered as soon as pre-orders were available, and I can't even play the damn thing. My luck is shit, I wouldn't be surprised if I die when trying to get back home.
Apr 3, 2017 9:07 AM

Apr 2014
PeenusWeenusCaim said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

Meh.

Ai was always one of those weirdo S.Links. She was someone who you never really wanted to hang with, like that fat guy in Persona 3, or the Magician asshole in Persona 3. (Not Junpei. Junpei sucks, though.)

Yukiko's issues are very relatable. She feels trapped by a familial duty, and as a result, she longs for freedom in the form of an occupation to make her own. She eventually realizes that there's always a choice, and as a result, she chooses to stay and help the people that matter to her.
Ai is one of those few characters in the game that doesn't actually have a desire to suck MC's dick by the first meeting. She's a great character that literally does open up the more and more you get to know her. And the lover -> friend/friend -> lover decision was perfectly handled.

Just because you found Yukiko relatable doesn't mean her S. Link is inherently better. It's trash. Keisuke Hiraga's S. link in Persona 3 is relatable to me and almost a word for word copy of my entire high school struggle, but I still thought it was mediocre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJokdu6qFjI

Apr 3, 2017 3:42 PM

May 2010
Hittin' that 4.50 update before the big day.

Apr 3, 2017 4:55 PM

Sep 2012
god fucking damn it, my number 1 game i wanted to play this year and im gonna have to wait unti later in the week for the take your heart edition to be back in stock
holy fuck why are there so many fucking weebs in my shithole town fkn seriously
just gonna get the steelbook edition and then buy it whenever it's available.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Apr 4, 2017 1:30 AM

Nov 2012
razortongue said:
Comic_Sans said:

LMFAO

Nah, I initially pre-ordered it from Raru, a South African online store. This is a damn shame too as they're usually pretty reliable.

Regardless, I'll definitely try acquiring a copy somehow. Hoping it'll be on the Playstation Store.
Have you tried play Asia?
Apr 4, 2017 11:03 AM

Apr 2014
So.

The translation is not stellar.

Apr 4, 2017 12:13 PM

Jan 2013
Dragonage2ftw said:
So.

It's pretty bad, not gonna lie. Makes me want to send a job resume to Atlus so I can be their editor.

Can't believe EO5 got delayed for this.
Apr 4, 2017 1:13 PM

Nov 2016
How can you tell if it's a bad translation if you don't speak Japanese?

The dub is pretty good. Really enjoying the game so far. It's everything I expected and more.
Apr 4, 2017 1:14 PM

Jan 2008
My copy just got here, super stoked and I have the week off.

SpamuraiSensei said:
How can you tell if it's a bad translation if you don't speak Japanese?

The dub is pretty good. Really enjoying the game so far. It's everything I expected and more.

If you've watched enough anime and played enough Japanese games with 'proper' translations, you'll notice key phrases.

And in case anyone is wondering, you can download the Japanese audio for free as a DLC. There's also 2 item related DLCs and some difficuly level challenge DLC.
PaulApr 4, 2017 1:24 PM
Apr 4, 2017 2:37 PM

Apr 2012
There are people comparing the two that do know Japanese outside of MAL, so yes, the translation isn't stellar.

It's one of those "LEZ GIV FLAV0R TO DA CHARACTURS" type of deal and on top of that, some shoddy lines that could have been translated better.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Apr 4, 2017 3:02 PM

Sep 2012
this looks gorgeous o h my god
im not coming out of my house for atleast a month

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Apr 4, 2017 3:51 PM

Nov 2014
I.. personally don't notice any huge issues with the game but then again I'm a loser who gets really involved with the story and game world...

its so good my dudes... its so good............
Apr 4, 2017 3:52 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Only played 3 hours of it, so I don't have much of an opinion yet. But from what I played, I love it. So far the game is really linear and is forcing me to go here, do this, etc (kinda like the beginnings of the previous games), however, there's a bit more freedom in P5's beginning than P3 and P4's. But the game world seems like it's filled with stuff to do and I can't wait for all of it to be available to me. From the characters I've seen so far, Ryuji and Morgana are really cool. Morgana's attitude is really likable, despite him saying some harsh things. Ryuji is sort of like the comic relief (like Junpei and Yosuke), but he is a pretty serious character too. It seems like there's more going on with him and he seems like as if he's always in a pissed mood. The game's sense of style is incredible. Atlus put care into everything and it really pays off well. The game itself looks good too, even if it isn't a big graphical update from Catherine. I really like how fast the combat feels in P5, and how the camera doesn't always focus on the front of the character whenever a Persona is summoned. It'll be hard to go back to P3 and P4's slower combat. Oh, and the music is so good. "Last Surprise" is the perfect battle theme and now I love the vocals. Some music is overplayed at times and it can be a bit repetitive, but nothing too noticeable.

Since I'm playing with the Japanese audio, and with the text representing the English audio, it's obvious that Atlus USA altered some lines. A couple of them were slightly cool changes, but most of them don't really add much, so I'm just wondering what's the point of altering the dialogues to begin with. There are instances when I noticed that there's more English text than what was said in the Japanese audio. However, this doesn't happen much, so I don't really have an issue with it. It's an alright localization, but it could've been better. It's kinda hard to believe that the game was delayed for localization issues though. My two biggest gripes with the game is some of the text being crammed and the camera controls. There are moments when the text is forced to be squished because they don't have room for the word (for example, in your social skills, "Proficiency" is really squeezed in so that it can fit". Second, the camera is trash. It starts off with such a low sensitivity, yet the game treats it like average. I'm playing the game with the highest sensitivity, and now the game feels "better". But the camera movement seems really awkward though and not as fluid. Luckily the camera isn't a very important mechanic in a turn-based and social simulator game.

But yeah, loving the game so far. I'm taking a day off tomorrow so I can play the game more, lol.
GoldenDevilGamerApr 4, 2017 4:00 PM
Apr 4, 2017 5:27 PM

Jun 2011
Dragonage2ftw said:
So.

Did they keep the "wassup persona" line?

Also, they inserted memes into the classroom question answers.
Apr 4, 2017 5:57 PM

Jan 2013
Narmy said:
Dragonage2ftw said:
So.

Jojo is so engrained into Japanese culture that I don't think Japanese games referencing it counts as meming tbh.

And yeah, WASSUP PERSONA is still in there.
Apr 4, 2017 5:58 PM

Jun 2011
PeenusWeenusCaim said:
Jojo is so engrained into Japanese culture that I don't think Japanese games referencing it counts as meming tbh.

It's not in the original Japanese version though.

PeenusWeenusCaim said:

So why did they even delay the game? It obviously wasn't to fix the localization.
Apr 5, 2017 1:32 AM

Oct 2016
The Sakamoto thing is too funny lol

So, is anyone well into the game yet? Could someone give me their opinion on it if it's worth buying?

Been hyped for a while, but I still have my doubts.

A simple feeling that I can't seem to shake
Oh my love, you drive me crazy in the loveliest way
I stay up, all night just thinking bout' the things that you say
I call your phone and hope to hear your voice and all over again

I am in love...
Make me fall in love why don't you
Just make me fall in love again
I can't deny it I'm in love
In love... in love... in love... ♪

Apr 5, 2017 5:01 AM

May 2010
I'm halfway into the first dungeon.
Apr 5, 2017 5:15 AM

Mar 2017
So has anyone completed their blind play-through on Merciless mode?
Apr 5, 2017 7:25 AM

Apr 2014
Narmy said:
Dragonage2ftw said:
So.

Worse.

It's too literal at parts. People speak like they're fucking robots.

Apr 5, 2017 7:32 AM

Apr 2014
Immahnoob said:
There are people comparing the two that do know Japanese outside of MAL, so yes, the translation isn't stellar.

It's one of those "LEZ GIV FLAV0R TO DA CHARACTURS" type of deal and on top of that, some shoddy lines that could have been translated better.

That's not even the worst part of it.

There are times where the script is translated as LITERALLY AS POSSIBLE.

Apr 5, 2017 7:39 AM

Apr 2012
@Dragonage2ftw I've seen some NeoFAGs arguing that it's too literal, but their examples were garbage.

E.g.

The only thing I would have changed is "done" to "accomplished", because "feat" and "done" don't go so well together.

I mean, arguing that Igor should speak "normally" is ignoring Igor's character.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Apr 5, 2017 7:43 AM

Mar 2014
I usually hate dubs but I quite like Sakomoto and MC's voices. I'm not far in but MC is already way better than Yuu.
It's just so freaking stylish.
Apr 5, 2017 7:49 AM

Apr 2014
Immahnoob said:
@Dragonage2ftw I've seen some NeoFAGs arguing that it's too literal, but their examples were garbage.

E.g.

The only thing I would have changed is "done" to "accomplished", because "feat" and "done" don't go so well together.

I mean, arguing that Igor should speak "normally" is ignoring Igor's character.

I found another part where the principle is talking like a tool, but I can't find the thread this was in.

Apr 5, 2017 8:13 AM

May 2010
Immahnoob said:
Yeah I can understand not following Japanese sentence structure, but these examples don't really sound like something you'd never hear an American say. Moreover when I listened to these lines they didn't seem strange to me. I didn't even take note of them.
Apr 5, 2017 8:53 AM

Jan 2013
Narmy said:
PeenusWeenusCaim said:

It's not in the original Japanese version though.

PeenusWeenusCaim said:

So why did they even delay the game? It obviously wasn't to fix the localization.
I don't know. This is Atlus USA we're talking about.
Thrashinuva said:
Immahnoob said:
Yeah I can understand not following Japanese sentence structure, but these examples don't really sound like something you'd never hear an American say. Moreover when I listened to these lines they didn't seem strange to me. I didn't even take note of them.
"A public transit bus was driven down an opposing lane with its customers still in it!"

Could have easily been changed into "A bus drove into oncoming traffic".
Apr 5, 2017 9:10 AM

Jan 2008
Every time I see Ann sitting in class during a lecture scene, I keep thinking she's sitting on her bare ass.
Apr 5, 2017 12:58 PM

May 2010
PeenusWeenusCaim said:
"A public transit bus was driven down an opposing lane with its customers still in it!"

Could have easily been changed into "A bus drove into oncoming traffic".
That would be short and concise, and straight to the point, but then you have to think, when was the last time you ever hear a newscaster be short and concise when reporting on a big incident?
Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do you guys enjoy fighting games? ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Feb 11

51 by juanlqr »»
20 minutes ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - 4 hours ago

0 by _Nette_ »»
4 hours ago

» What is your favorite Elder Scrolls game?

Ex-Aid - Yesterday

4 by _Nette_ »»
4 hours ago

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

31 by Timeline_man »»
8 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3719 by creepylurker »»
Yesterday, 2:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.