Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fuuka
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 19, 2017 5:19 AM

Dec 2016
***WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD***

I really don't get it guys, why am I seeing so many bad reviews? The creator of the manga really screwed up on his story getting a main character killed, which many of us don't find it fair. It not mean't to be that way. Now that the author has gotten much backlash from the readers and fans. We knew that this would turn out to be like this. I was pretty much a fan of the manga myself, too. Don't get me wrong though, I like the story but it's not having the same impact as as how the anime changed the story, afterall I knew Fuuka was irreplaceable, it wasn't supposed to end up like in the manga.
In fact, I enjoy the new variation, as to what we may expect next that the timelines and events has changed. I find it quite ironic, that back when the event around ep.10 happened in the manga, everyone was literally moaning and complaining that the MC died. So why is it now that everyone's wish of a good ending came true, that we all started complaining the story has derailed itself and has become forced drama, wasn't the manga the same thing? Forced drama, like the guys who commented after reading the chapters. They say something like "The Forced Cliche Drama continues." at the credits.
So why are we all saying no after we got what we deserve? I'm sure that the author Seo Kouji was supervising the anime when they wrote the scripts, maybe he wanted that change in the story line himself too.

Well, What I am trying to do here is to convey my message;
"We totally avoided that Cursed Death route of Fukka! The one plotline that everyone hated, they even complained non-stop for 10 months! I didn't, I'm fine with the story, since I've seen worse but the same can't be said about the others, they were all crying about the sudden twist in the story. Seriously, what is going on here? I find this too damn contradictory. Cheer up goddammit! You guys wanted this don't you? The writer even went though the trouble to change the story."
Spearmann66Mar 19, 2017 11:11 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 19, 2017 5:28 AM
Aug 2016
People hate the new plot line because:

1) Rushed pacing
2) Most anime watchers want Yuu x Koyuki
3) Forced drama
4) Fuuka acts like a scumbag (People hate her personality)
5) Truck-kun has failed
Mar 19, 2017 5:45 AM

Dec 2016
Saints_Row said:

1) Rushed pacing
3) Forced drama
5) Truck-kun has failed

1) Can't say the same thing, but other anime have rushed too. But some got popular despite that.
2) Seriously, just because you want something for a competition doesn't mean the characters are gonna end up like you wish. Please just hope that a visual novel will come out to fulfill your dream. End of story.
3)Isn't everyone telling me on manga sties that Seo Kouji's works are mostly forced drama? I know it seems obnoxious for the storyline but to say that every time....
4)True, I didn't like her at first for hitting a guy out of nowhere (implying that forced drama) But she turns out to be a nice person in the end. I've seen worse MC girls.
5)This is like that "Truck-sama" cult that I encountered on the manga community. They just don't stop do they? this again answers your 2nd and 4th point. Believe me, I have nothing against Koyuki, but I just don't get how much a guy can hate a character for all the forced drama. If you hate it that much, then you shouldn't read Seo Kouji's works, they are all labelled as forced drama by everyone. I don't mind though.
Mar 19, 2017 6:31 AM

Jul 2016
I havent read the manga so i actually have no idea if what im saying is even true, but i read a few spoilers around here and think its more like this:

Mar 19, 2017 7:36 AM
Jan 2015
I never read the manga so I'm kind of OK with this anime, but this new episode, 11, its just so boring & predictable when they are obviously want everything to end quickly. I kind of rooting Yuu X Koyuki but I understand that they will not ended up together because of the anime title. I think people hate this anime because they show too much love of Yuu X Koyuki and then they planned to stick back to the manga route, Yuu X Fuuka. Yeah, its kind of forced but what we can do...
Mar 19, 2017 7:05 PM
Aug 2013
For me, it's like the anime decided to go a different route, only to be forced back to somewhat following the manga. Even as a manga reader, I'm happy with Fuuka not dying. Heck, I could accept the Yuu x Koyuki ship, which is what the anime was trying to show a couple of episodes earlier. But all that development was dropped, making Yuu reject Koyuki and pursue Fuuka instead. The anime didn't show enough growth concerning Yuu and Fuuka's relationship, so all this feels like forced drama.

Another thing really irks me is Fuuka deciding to leave the band, just because she can't stand seeing Yuu with Koyuki. Fuuka in the manga was a nice, lovable character. I believe she would even support Yuu going out with Koyuki, despite her feelings. In the anime, she just turned out to be selfish.
Mar 19, 2017 7:35 PM
Jul 2018
I have never read the manga either but why I actually dislike the direction, taking my dislike of the entire show aside, is that if the intention of Seo is to create an anime where Fuuka lives, then my question is:

- What was the entire point of the cock teasing between Koyuki and Yuu? You can pretty much argue that they haven't really said like legit stuff, but the thing is the anime gave this sense where they're going to build up to this point. But then they pretty much gave a middle finger to that and decided to focus on another thing instead. This is even more showcased in episode 11.

Rather than making and going to this direction, you can just either arrange things to where it fits to what you want, it's not that hard to do so just to essentially make it work. Either re-arrange or start from scratch while keeping the main elements of the original source material.

- The pacing especially this week was abysmal, overly forced, and pretty much making every single one of the characters in this horrible trainwreck, even more dislikable than before, especially for Fuuka where she essentially threw the band like just nothing. Funny enough how the group got disbanded last week and then got together again in the other half of the episode... good pacing right there.

- It doesn't help either that the series doesn't know what it wants to be, essentially being this contrived mess where its nonsense after nonsense and bullshitery all over the place. The original direction of this show is just making things worse if it is the case, it doesn't help the fact that the characters are even more aggravating than before, and it doesn't help that the show isn't even building anything between Fuuka and Yuu, because in the anime there is zero chemistry.
Mar 19, 2017 11:26 PM

Jul 2007
Because the show took away the ONE thing that could have turned this pile of blandness around and instead decided to fully embrace the most braindead harem hijinks possible.

The twist that was taken away would have actually made the lead male at least somewhat interesting and make the band actually make sense.

Right now its pretty much "the band that exists because of Fuuka's mary sue singing talents" and not "the band that exists because they want to exist". The development was avoided, the main reason to even watch this show outright did not happen.

What's more - most of anime original shit in this show is literally active braincell killer. Fuuka is literally despicable character(one of the most despicable main heroines to happen this year) in the anime unlike manga and the male MC is a fucking wet cardboard without any personality or growth(because his actual growth was removed due to twist not happening).
Mar 19, 2017 11:27 PM

Jun 2015
Simple.

It's not canon.

Plus it makes Yuu lose a crapton of character growth. Now he's just a generic self insert.
Mar 20, 2017 9:10 AM

Oct 2013
I was about to say that I've been enjoying the anime quite a bit until I saw ep 11...ugh.

After last week's episode and constantly hearing how it deviated from the manga, I decided to finally look it up, starting at about chapter 36 I believe and gotta say, really enjoyed it that I ended up reading a bunch of chapters(and guess I'm following it weekly now too).

The anime was pretty good too IMO, until we finally see the effects of changing the source material. Tbh, I was somewhat excited for this week thinking that if they were going anime original for last few eps, they might as well go down the Koyuki path since everything was all set-up for them, the spark & a few passionate moments were there, they just needed to make it official that they're going out. That way we would've gotten to have both the Fuuka manga & the anime that goes down a different route but's done well regardless.

Feelsbadman, but at least it got me to read the manga which I'm loving.
Mar 20, 2017 9:39 AM

Oct 2016
1. People didn't like the show anyway, and this is the next thing they can complain about.
2. There are manga purists in this world and it's not unreasonable to feel that way.
3. Fuuka really does act like a bitch, which we saw in her introduction, but aren't we supposed to be past all that? It's like her character regressed back to what it was at the start of episode 1.

Don't worry, not everyone hates it. You've just found yourself on the path to the dark side. Embrace it. The more critically hated shows you enjoy the stronger you become.
Mar 20, 2017 7:36 PM

Jun 2015
@Spearmann66 I'm with you man. I love Akitsuki way more than Aoi, I hate how he wasn't loyal to her in the manga. This anime could be where Fuuka x Yuu truly happens :D
It feels like a different story without Fuuka...
Mar 20, 2017 9:06 PM

Dec 2016
Intelligenza said:
@Spearmann66 I'm with you man. I love Akitsuki way more than Aoi, I hate how he wasn't loyal to her in the manga. This anime could be where Fuuka x Yuu truly happens :D
It feels like a different story without Fuuka...
Well I'm not shipping characters, but I think it was very strange that people are all going nuts about the change in the anime. I mean the ones who read the manga are the ones who asked for the change didn't they? I mean the got what they asked for but they are now complaining after seeing ep.11. I get that the characters are lot mellow now since Akatsuki didn't die and Yuu became a complete cardboard MC. Well, it's a new plot I can't say for much but I'll continue to read the manga. To be honest, I think the manga executes the story right, nice try for Seo Kouji efforts trying to keep Fuuka alive though. It said in the news that even the producer of the series wanted Fuuka to live so as not to leave a bad impression on the viewers after watching this season's episodes.
Spearmann66Mar 20, 2017 9:12 PM
Mar 22, 2017 9:16 AM
Jan 2016
Let me give ya a classic example nigev let's give entry to DBZ I will keep short and classic so you won't be asking any retarded question what if kirllin wasn't killed by frezza ? Now look back think the consequences the birth the hatred the legend...
The MC pretty much doesn't have ass and he is back-bone*pun intended* Fuuka got killed in manga and he gone full on super sayian comin out full lit af without her death he doesn't have the backbone on top of it fuuka turned out to be bitch that didn't got run over leading to fans supporting kyouki and MC rejecting it being an ass that pretty much sums it up the hatred
Mar 22, 2017 9:18 AM
Jan 2016
The fans started thinking afterwards that the manga author wants it to be such an atrocity then the lore would have been better

P.S. Negev or nigeve that's a guns name
Mar 22, 2017 1:49 PM
Jul 2018
I will agree that anime is true sequel to Suzuka manga or anime.But people and I hating this:

-Too much detail about a background character than Fuuka and almost 3-4 episode was 'Tama' arc.

-Yuu has serious problem of his character development, I mean he stole Fuuka's kiss,trying to take panty shot pic and yet after episode 5 as if he got bored of her and hanging with Tama.This way, even truck or plane accident he wouldn't felt emotion towards Fuuka's death.

-Too much bath scene

There is even more I guess, but I dont want to waste energy on this.Next episode will finish this show with a tear jerking ending
removed-userMar 22, 2017 1:55 PM
Mar 22, 2017 2:00 PM

Sep 2013
I was gonna marathon this because of truck-kun but now it feels pointless, the author is a hack who only now wants to get rid of it so he doesn't look lame in front of the anime viewers.
Mar 22, 2017 6:05 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Maybe killing Fuuka was wrong in the manga but from narrative direction, it was necessary for Yuu to write the song to regroup the band and to continue as a singer. In the animation since he wasn't close to her, there isn't any reason for him to write a song to her or to continue and regroup the band. He can't from nowhere start loving Fuuka, so they rushed the pacing in a very very bad way. Fuuka created the group, and it is stupid seeing her abandoning it.

They spent several episodes developing Koyuki's character, and they shouldn't spend all that time if she was going to be trashed because Yuu was closer to her than with Fuuka in the animation.

Fuuka is annoying in the anime, compare the manga Fuuka, and she clearly is different. They mixed the personality of Fuuka with the drama of Sakura and Aoi and created someone that isn't Seo's character (Seo isn't involved in the anime production, he isn't the writer).

Mar 22, 2017 7:43 PM
Mar 2017
Saints_Row said:

1) Rushed pacing
3) Forced drama
5) Truck-kun has failed
are you dure that most people want koyuki, i dont know but un muy comunity many people vote for fuuka
Mar 23, 2017 2:39 AM
Feb 2017
PipeBoss said:
Maybe killing Fuuka was wrong in the manga but from narrative direction, it was necessary for Yuu to write the song to regroup the band and to continue as a singer. In the animation since he wasn't close to her, there isn't any reason for him to write a song to her or to continue and regroup the band. He can't from nowhere start loving Fuuka, so they rushed the pacing in a very very bad way. Fuuka created the group, and it is stupid seeing her abandoning it.

They spent several episodes developing Koyuki's character, and they shouldn't spend all that time if she was going to be trashed because Yuu was closer to her than with Fuuka in the animation.

Fuuka is annoying in the anime, compare the manga Fuuka, and she clearly is different. They mixed the personality of Fuuka with the drama of Sakura and Aoi and created someone that isn't Seo's character (Seo isn't involved in the anime production, he isn't the writer).

Yeah Fuuka should die in the anime too. Then i saw the scene where she runs on the street and then Nothing yeah NOTHING! i was like wtf did i read the manga correct or did i just watch the wrong anime she should die just like they did it in Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso it would be a way better end in my Opinion
Mar 23, 2017 2:44 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
You're missing the point. Killing off Fuuka wasn't a bad plot twist per se. After all it was super unexpected at the time and a very brave and unusual decision by the author which I fully respected. The problem was that there was no follow-up, as ever since she died, the manga has been boring as shit. The last 100 chapters have felt almost meaningless, and even more so with these ridiculous developments of multiple Fuukas showing up over time in various forms etcetera

The anime version doesn't do this, but instead it replaces it with like the most predictable and generic romance drama development imaginable instead. Yes, they replaced something bad, but what we got instead is equally bad, and on top of that it is also generic this time. I'd rather take bad and unique over bad and generic. Also, considering that this is just a 1-cour adaptation, they wouldn't have covered much beyond the truck incident anyway, so the fact that the manga has been boring for so long now wouldn't really be an issue. From an anime-only perspective, covering her death and then stopping would have been a much more interesting anime. It'd have been controversial for sure, but it'd have been so much more memorable and worth talking about in that case. Now it's just a stereotypical and cliché mess fails to leave any sort of lasting impression

I mean think about it, when people hear the name Fuuka, what do they first think about? The truck incident, right? Because that is the one and only thing that makes this manga stand out in any way. You can even say that it is its identity. Remove that and you take the soul out of the story. It's such a drastic alteration that it barely even qualifies as an adaptation anymore. It may not have been the best executed plot twist of all time, but once you've decided on it then you have to stick with it. Just dodging it like this feels like such a cop-out. And for the record, no I never once wanted this development to be changed from the manga, no matter how mediocre I think the manga is too. Also if you were planning on changing it from the start, why did they have to tease the viewers so hard about it throughout? There were numerous quotes and hints throughout the anime talking about an oncoming truck and then of course the truck incident actually *does* happen, merely that Fuuka dodges it. Was that in any way necessary? You could've just skipped out on all of that stuff if so, because this way it just feels like the anime stuff were intentionally trolling all the manga readers for the lulz
HaXXspettenMar 23, 2017 2:52 AM
Mar 23, 2017 7:48 AM

Apr 2014
Shit, they really did it huh? I thought she's gonna die.
I even go beyond the chapter where she died for this anime.
Well I guess they don't want it to it like Shigatsu Kimi no Uso ending?

Manga Spoilers
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 23, 2017 10:15 PM

Dec 2016
Hmmm, I get it now. Thanks. It really a total mess this series. First people are complaining about the manga because of the plot twist and then the writers requested teh anime to change the plot which lead to more compromises of different Fuuka personalities that don't fit with the original Fuuka from manga. Now it's generic I guess, sad isn't. It should've been better.
Mar 24, 2017 1:41 AM

Aug 2011
This anime name is FUUKA not Koyuki.
Mar 24, 2017 8:04 AM
Aug 2016
CrazyFrogz said:

So what?? The community doesn't care what the anime is called. On the other hand, it cares a lot about the fact that Fuuka is a selfish and unlikable asshole.
Mar 24, 2017 8:53 AM

Jun 2011
Simple: typical first world complaining.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Mar 24, 2017 9:06 AM
Jun 2014
Because they didn't have to change anything in the first place if they would have went with Chapter 35 as the ending. Yuu and Fuuka still became a couple and it would have been faithful to the source material, without killing Fuuka. It's so easy on paper, yet they choose to fuck it up to have the same results, but with way worse execution. Fantastic. :S
Mar 24, 2017 9:10 AM

Feb 2016
Read my review and you'll now why this anime does everything wrong
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 24, 2017 9:32 AM

Jul 2014
Its really simple, they didnt follow the canon story, they fcked it up at the worst part, literally the only thing that makes this series not a cliche harem show, but meh.
Given the fact that people doesnt like it when the anime makes its own original content, dont fck up the original story.

PS: People wanting Truck kun to deliver is because Fuuka's a bitch, she deserves to
Mar 24, 2017 10:03 AM

May 2014
I think the different route was a great idea. If they were to f*cking stick with it. They just ended up with a worse version of the original route. What's the point?
Mar 24, 2017 12:46 PM

Sep 2015
i liked the way the anime went instead of the manga, but that still doesn't make it good since they were pretty much adapting shit in the first place. everything that happened after fuuka's death became bland and boring, but still kept all the bullshit it had when she was still alive
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Mar 24, 2017 1:57 PM
Nov 2015
First of all - Koyuki but it's subjective
Well, they changed the plot comparing to manga, but to be honest? I didn't go well, it's still Seo's bad taste - if you can't see it just don't bother with other opinons and don't ask.
Characters personalities are terrible in most cases what doesnt help, cause I saw many time when characters were able to carry shit plot of some anime, but not here.

Of course it was a bit funny, drama was forced as fuck, many things don't have any sense. It's like forced acting...

When I read manga I thought it's bad, but now I can say than anime isn't better :/ I thought they are going to do it better when I've seen that they changed so many things, but fuck no, why not to screw up everything once again?

For people who knows something about the art this isn't a really good show.
Why did I give it 6-7/10
Becuase it's not a one big piece of shit at all:

+ music - the ost is pretty good, I love Yukihanabi and track 25, and few others, it's well composed and there are no doubts about it I guess.
+ artstyle - for sure, the animation quality and the art itself isn't bad - I really like the zoom scenes on Fuuka - she looks really lovely, the way they draw mouth is also incredible.
+/- Fuuka didn't die, some of you want to see her dead, some not - I don't care, for me it's kind of positive, it let the story to go the way I didn't know so I was able to see something new, on the other hand the results of this intervention weren't that good... They messed up and then you know... EP 10 - 11 -0 most people dropped it - I also wanted to do that but I had to finish it. That's the culture and respect for authors I have.

This anime isn't something I could recommend anyone... Only if you are maniac of music it's fine - cause that's the true positive site of this anime, nothing less, nothing more...

Personaly I leave 7/10 for anime instead of 6/10 like I did with the manga, because of Koyuki, they changed her role a bit - for better in my opinion.

Wanna talk with me? Go ahead! :)

Ja ne
~Kuhiro
Mar 25, 2017 4:50 PM
Apr 2012
They just didn't want to do a S2 so they just merged Akitsuki and Aoi together lol.
Stealing Fuuka from the producer is "almost" what happened with Aoi (except they managed to get a contract with the company, whatever...)
It's funny to read how people disliked the anime because of Truck-kun not doing his bidding. It means they just hated the manga until the (false) main heroine died.
Mar 25, 2017 6:19 PM

Oct 2013
All those flavors...and they choose to be Salty.

Nothing good came of that manga after Fuuka died, wtf cares about Self-insert No° 9999 getting "Character Growth"
>Gets depressed because his GF dies
>Gets better because Mangaka spawns a ton of Fuuka clones, so MC gets better because everybody and their dog looks like another Fuuka.

No, seriously, fuck that. This is far better.
Mar 25, 2017 9:00 PM

Apr 2014
CrazyFrogz said:

There's two Fuuka, Anime Only Watcher!
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 25, 2017 10:17 PM

Jun 2015
Zahylon said:
All those flavors...and they choose to be Salty.

Nothing good came of that manga after Fuuka died, wtf cares about Self-insert No° 9999 getting "Character Growth"
>Gets depressed because his GF dies
>Gets better because Mangaka spawns a ton of Fuuka clones, so MC gets better because everybody and their dog looks like another Fuuka.

No, seriously, fuck that. This is far better.

Did you just finish chapter 37? Maybe, maybe not, but it looks like you can't get over that incident lol. I still miss Fuuka Akitsuki too, but... Trust me man, Fuuka Aoi will grow on you. She's awesome. Again, Idk if you're caught up but whatever. I love the manga.
Mar 28, 2017 7:47 PM

Jan 2013
Nah I'm with ya OP, I do plan to read the manga but I'm very happy that they decided not to kill the first Fuuka off. For me she's a really likable character and she deserves a happy ending. Seo always killed off characters but never an MC, honestly he needs to calm down a bit...and get rid of romantic tropes that haven't been used in years.
Mar 28, 2017 11:51 PM

Aug 2013
Why do people hate it? Because what could have, and should have been good changes to the story ended up being fucking ruined by terrible writing.

Fuuka lived, the truck missed, and Yuu x Koyuki were a thing. These were all things that manga readers basically wanted from the beginning. So...how could you take all of those things and ruin them?

1. Make Koyuki and gloomy and melancholic cringe fest. She was much more lovely and cheerful in the manga, now she's like an emo kid.

2. Make Fuuka a tsundere cunt. At least Fuuka was an enjoyable character in the manga. In the anime she's easily the most hate-able.

3. Make Fuuka go solo. Why? It did literally nothing for the story.

Here's where it really gets me though. They went through the trouble of making those changes...just to fucking throw it all away in 1.5 episodes! All of the Koyuki shippers got their wish...and in 3 episodes they invalidated that entire fucking route and it was right back to how it was originally. Fuuka quit the band to go solo....only to come back 2 episodes later and INVALIDATE THAT ENTIRE FUCKING ROUTE. Not only that, but they basically panel for panel took that scene with Yuu giving everyone a copy of his song to the other members from the manga, except in the anime they replaced Fuuka's death and getting the band back with, getting Fuuka back and getting the band back.
Mar 29, 2017 3:14 AM

Jan 2013
Yuu x Koyuki was never meant to be, I don't know why people even shipped that. He clearly only saw her as a friend.
Mar 29, 2017 9:26 AM
Aug 2016
Major123 said:
Yuu x Koyuki was never meant to be, I don't know why people even shipped that. He clearly only saw her as a friend.

So what you mean is that Yuu x Fuuka is meant to be even though it got much less development than Yuu x Koyuki in the anime.

Hypocrisy at its best...
Mar 29, 2017 9:34 AM

Mar 2017
Saints_Row said:
Major123 said:

So what you mean is that Yuu x Fuuka is meant to be even though it got much less development than Yuu x Koyuki in the anime.

Hypocrisy at its best...
Not really...clearly he saw Fuuka as more than a friend. Even when she wasn't there he was always thinking about her. Hence why Koyuki gave up on him because she already knew. He even states in the show multiple times that she is a friend to him. Also since they let Fuuka live, did you really think he would get with Koyuki? Of course not, that wouldn't make any sense.
Mar 29, 2017 9:50 AM
Aug 2016
Major1234 said:
Saints_Row said:

Hypocrisy at its best...
Not really...clearly he saw Fuuka as more than a friend. Even when she wasn't there he was always thinking about her. Hence why Koyuki gave up on him because she already knew. He even states in the show multiple times that she is a friend to him. Also since they let Fuuka live, did you really think he would get with Koyuki? Of course not, that wouldn't make any sense.

1) "He clearly saw Fuuka as more than a friend". Clearly to you but not the 90% the anime community. In other words, not clearly at all.

2) "Even when she wasn't there he was always thinking about her". The reason being... oh wait, no reason, just an asspull made to let Yuu x Fuuka real.

3) "Hence why Koyuki gave up on him because she already knew." An obvious asspull. There was no buildup to her knowing anything and her actions after "she got to know" were pathetic as well as unrealistic.

4) "He even states in the show multiple times that she is a friend to him". So what, he clearly blushed around Koyuki and seemed to give 0 shit about Fuuka while dating her.

5) "Also since they let Fuuka live, did you really think he would get with Koyuki? Of course not, that wouldn't make any sense." Well, they failed, because practically everybody wants Fuuka dead and hates her guts.
Saints_RowMar 29, 2017 9:56 AM
Mar 29, 2017 10:00 AM

Jul 2015
Turtles_Leader said:
I have a small question for those who both saw the anime and read the manga (I only read the manga) : I see everywhere people saying that Fuuka act like a bitch. Except I pretty much never saw that in the manga. On the contrary, despite its weird premises, I always thought the Fuuka/Koyuki relation was pretty well handled (well, for Seo Kouji), and that Koyuki was the pushy one coming in the way. So here is my question. Did they change the personnality of the character for the anime?

Yeah, though for some reason, that seems to be the norm for anime tsunderes. They get worse in the anime adaption. There are a few exceptions, however.

Major1234 said:
Saints_Row said:

Hypocrisy at its best...

Even if he saw Fuuka as more than a friend, it still doesn't explain why Koyuki got more screentime with him than Fuuka did. In that sense, it felt like Koyuki was going to end up with him. Having Yuu and Fuuka suddenly get together in the last 2 episodes with very little development felt forced and could be chalked up to just her being the main girl as the sole reason they got together. I wouldn't mind the relationship if it got the development it needed to make it believable, but it didn't.
XaneKudoMar 29, 2017 10:08 AM
π•π•Œβ„π•€ π•€π•Š 𝕃𝕆𝕍𝔼. π•π•Œβ„π•€ π•€π•Š 𝕃𝕀𝔽𝔼.
Jun 19, 2017 2:50 AM
Jun 2016
I actually quite liked Fuuka as an anime. Then I had the manga spoiled for me and thought to myself "THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN FUCKING AMAZING". Before beating my head against the table for watching the anime instead.
Jun 20, 2017 11:42 AM

Apr 2016
I didn't read the manga, but i heard what happened with Fuuka..
Honestly i enjoyed the anime. I love the story and the music is ....OMG so amazing ..All the songs are masterpieces. I'm really impressed Fuuka's voice it fits perfect with the melody..I don't know how to say...those rock songs touched my heart. . I listen mostly rock music and those songs are like a breath of fresh air. If there was a band in reality singing those songs probably they will sale many copies. This is probably the best music anime i ever saw, that's why i rated 10/10

Jun 20, 2017 11:46 AM

Jul 2015
This bitch didn't die
Best girl lost
1/10
Sep 16, 2018 4:14 PM

Mar 2017
Saints_Row said:
Major1234 said:

1) "He clearly saw Fuuka as more than a friend". Clearly to you but not the 90% the anime community. In other words, not clearly at all.

2) "Even when she wasn't there he was always thinking about her". The reason being... oh wait, no reason, just an asspull made to let Yuu x Fuuka real.

3) "Hence why Koyuki gave up on him because she already knew." An obvious asspull. There was no buildup to her knowing anything and her actions after "she got to know" were pathetic as well as unrealistic.

4) "He even states in the show multiple times that she is a friend to him". So what, he clearly blushed around Koyuki and seemed to give 0 shit about Fuuka while dating her.

5) "Also since they let Fuuka live, did you really think he would get with Koyuki? Of course not, that wouldn't make any sense." Well, they failed, because practically everybody wants Fuuka dead and hates her guts.

You saw a different show then me I guess. They let her live, after that there was no other choice but to have Yuu and Fuuka get together. Arguably the scenes with Yuu and Koyuki only served as a confirmation to Yuu that he just can't see himself getting with Koyuki. The one who broke him out of his boring daily life was Fuuka so it only makes sense that he got with her.
Sep 16, 2018 4:15 PM

Mar 2017
XaneKudo said:
Turtles_Leader said:
I have a small question for those who both saw the anime and read the manga (I only read the manga) : I see everywhere people saying that Fuuka act like a bitch. Except I pretty much never saw that in the manga. On the contrary, despite its weird premises, I always thought the Fuuka/Koyuki relation was pretty well handled (well, for Seo Kouji), and that Koyuki was the pushy one coming in the way. So here is my question. Did they change the personnality of the character for the anime?

Yeah, though for some reason, that seems to be the norm for anime tsunderes. They get worse in the anime adaption. There are a few exceptions, however.

Major1234 said:

Even if he saw Fuuka as more than a friend, it still doesn't explain why Koyuki got more screentime with him than Fuuka did. In that sense, it felt like Koyuki was going to end up with him. Having Yuu and Fuuka suddenly get together in the last 2 episodes with very little development felt forced and could be chalked up to just her being the main girl as the sole reason they got together. I wouldn't mind the relationship if it got the development it needed to make it believable, but it didn't.
I think it had a strong enough early game for it to make it believable but that's just me.
Sep 16, 2018 10:26 PM

Jul 2015
Major1234 said:
XaneKudo said:

I think it had a strong enough early game for it to make it believable but that's just me.

Honestly, I think Fuuka's personality in the anime really rubbed people the wrong way and ruined the dymanic that the relationship had. It really didn't help with Koyuki coming off as much more friendly, only for her to lose in the end, not to mention that we've seen that kind of set-up in romances loads of times and that Seo Kouji loves to use it a lot.
π•π•Œβ„π•€ π•€π•Š 𝕃𝕆𝕍𝔼. π•π•Œβ„π•€ π•€π•Š 𝕃𝕀𝔽𝔼.
Sep 24, 2018 8:37 AM

Apr 2016

I honestly like that they decided to change the route in anime. The manga was extremely sad. I think that Fuuka deserved to have her dream fulfilled. Even the author said that he agreed with this change. Even if her death was necessary to help everyone in the band evolve as musicians he felt sorry for making her have such a destiny. Also I feel sorry for Suzuka to see her daughter die.
i don't understand why people hate her. Because she hit Yuu when they first meet? What they wanted her to do? To spread her legs and say "do you see better now?" I think every girl that will be in a similar situation will be angry... Or is because Yuu chooses her instead of Koyuki? Like they hate Emilia because Subaru choose her instead of Rem..
I like both manga and anime and I think that both are great, and both are in my list with favorite anime and manga
joshua10redSep 24, 2018 8:40 AM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

225 by metalrain_15 »»
Feb 14, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Who should have ended up with the MC?

TheCryBabyHero - Jul 16, 2023

12 by conetall420 »»
Jul 22, 2023 3:03 PM

» just read the manga

Garble198 - Nov 7, 2018

11 by Potimas »»
May 25, 2023 1:53 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2017

201 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 28, 2023 1:22 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2017

85 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 27, 2023 4:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.