Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 18, 2017 1:34 PM
Dec 2013
I just login and my plan to watch and currently watching list is deleted, can i know what happend and how to get my list back?
Mar 19, 2017 8:33 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Are you using an app to update to list?
Is it possible that someone else could have gained access to your account (shared computer, forgot to log out in a public place, a very easy password etc.)?
Mar 20, 2017 1:49 PM
Dec 2013
easy password i wouldnt say I don't think it's that easy, (i hope), i use the app MAL on samsung my list was okay on it yesterday and today my list is deleted too, only completed anime are there , the rest is gone :s

does MAL have a date base which can restore my list ?

Mod Edit: Merged posts; please use the edit button.
LunaMar 25, 2017 10:56 AM
Mar 20, 2017 4:39 PM

Apr 2014
The MAL app is just a users' manipulation of the data here
MAL doesn't have an official app iirc but see if there is an update for it :]
Mar 21, 2017 2:34 PM
Dec 2013
well the first place that my list was removed, it was here, then my app :S but i wil llook for the update maybe..

app is updated, nothing seems out of place, it's really weird

LunaMar 25, 2017 10:56 AM
Mar 25, 2017 11:01 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Unfortunately it's not possible to restore a list. For the future please make sure to make regular backups. You can export your list here (this link is also accessible on your anime/manga list, in the left side menu).

As KazuyaKujo said, MAL doesn't have an official app. What was the name of the app you used?
Mar 25, 2017 5:58 PM
Dec 2013
sorry for the late answer
Luna said:
Unfortunately it's not possible to restore a list. For the future please make sure to make regular backups. You can export your list here (this link is also accessible on your anime/manga list, in the left side menu).

As KazuyaKujo said, MAL doesn't have an official app. What was the name of the app you used?

mal pocket, and my list got erased again, everything i placed in plan to wtch got remvoe again, and thanks you for letting me know about the back up.

sorry for the late answer

and would you think the app is the cause of it?

LunaMar 25, 2017 11:36 PM
Mar 25, 2017 11:38 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
@lejopara: Thanks for giving me the app name. The devs are looking into what's the cause but they're not working on the weekend so the earliest I can get an answer is on Monday.

In the past we had several cases where apps deleted user lists, so I think this is what happened here too.
Mar 26, 2017 4:47 PM
Dec 2013
Luna said:
@lejopara: Thanks for giving me the app name. The devs are looking into what's the cause but they're not working on the weekend so the earliest I can get an answer is on Monday.

In the past we had several cases where apps deleted user lists, so I think this is what happened here too.

alright thanks for telling, if you can give me the answer when you have it i would really appreciate it, and what do i do to separate myself from the app? so they don't delete my list?
Mar 27, 2017 12:27 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
@lejopara: It seems that the app is not the reason here. It seems that someone else got access to your account and has deleted these anime. Please change your password in your settings to a strong one and make sure you always log out when you share a computer with someone or use a public computer. After you change your password this shouldn't happen anymore (but if it does, please let me know).
Mar 27, 2017 1:38 PM
Dec 2013
Luna said:
@lejopara: It seems that the app is not the reason here. It seems that someone else got access to your account and has deleted these anime. Please change your password in your settings to a strong one and make sure you always log out when you share a computer with someone or use a public computer. After you change your password this shouldn't happen anymore (but if it does, please let me know).
thanks you for your help! i will change it

More topics from this board

» Why does MAL not support catbox.moe image links?

vasipi4946 - 5 hours ago

0 by vasipi4946 »»
5 hours ago

» Got 502 Bad Gateway trying to create topic in Support

vasipi4946 - 5 hours ago

0 by vasipi4946 »»
5 hours ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3367 by Midoriya_lzuku »»
5 hours ago

» Invalid ID provided.

Zagafon - Sep 10, 2016

2 by Kitsunes97 »»
10 hours ago

» Sort your list by member count/poularity?

paperkitten - Jun 17, 2010

1 by abdallah929 »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.