Forum Settings
Forums

Winners of the 2010 Tokyo Anime Awards Announced

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

Feb 16, 2010 12:32 AM

The winners of the Tokyo Anime Award have been announced for 2010.

Animation of the Year
Summer Wars

Best TV Anime
K-ON! and Higashi no Eden

Best OVA
Eve no Jikan

Best Foreign Anime Movie
Wall-E

Best Domestic Anime Movie
Summer Wars

Individual Awards
Best Director: Hosoda Mamoru (Summer Wars)
Best Original Work: Hosoda Mamoru (Summer Wars)
Best Scenario Writer: Okudera Satoko (Summer Wars)
Best Art Director: Takeshige Yoji (Summer Wars)
Best Character Designer: Sadamoto Yoshiyuki (Summer Wars)
Best Seiyuu: Kamiya Hiroshi (Bakemonogatari)
Best Music: Sagisu Shiro (Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance)
Best Student Works: "Fumiko no Kokuhaku (YouTube)" by Ishida Hiroyasu and "Gardien de Phare" by Rony Hotin

Source: TAF 2010 official website

Previous Year
Modified by myanimelistllc, Mar 12, 2016 7:05 PM

Feb 16, 2010 12:37 AM

Best TV Anime: K-ON!
eh?

Congrats to Summer Wars, it was a great movie indeed.

Feb 16, 2010 12:45 AM

HawthorneKitty said:
eh?

Congrats to Summer Wars, it was a great movie indeed.

That's the power of the fans :D

Too many things about Summer Wars... it completely domination the awards. Haven't watched it yet but it looks interesting.

Kamiya Hiroshi has really proven his talent ~.~
This is a signature.

Feb 16, 2010 12:50 AM

wow..summer wars..great..

Feb 16, 2010 12:53 AM

Why I'm not surprised? :D

Oh man, I want so much to watch Summer Wars but no decent quality release is available. -_-

Maybe somebody knows when Blu-ray is coming?

Feb 16, 2010 12:55 AM
K-ON = WTF?

The rest - exactly to my testes!

Feb 16, 2010 3:32 AM

o.o ill have to watch this summer wars XD must be good it should be awesome since it won 7 awards o.0

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already

Feb 16, 2010 3:42 AM
makes me feel bad that i'd never even heard of summer wars, definately gonna have to check it out impressive wins
I eat your cereal at night and don't even charge

Feb 16, 2010 4:07 AM

dtshyk said:

Animation of the Year: Summer Wars
Best TV Anime:Higashi no Eden
Best OVA: Eve no Jikan
Best Seiyu: Kamiya Hiroshi ("Bakemonogatari")

Best Student Works: "Fumiko no Kokuhaku (Youtube)" by Ishida Hiroyasu and "Gardien de Phare" by Rony Hotin

I haven't watch Summer Wars yet, need to really check it.

Yay for Kamiya Hiroshi as Araragi! And K-ON! best TV Anime? I wouldn't call it the best but it was entertaining in a way. Higashi no Eden and Time of Eve is well deserve :3

Feb 16, 2010 4:42 AM

I fully agree with Summer Wars and Eve no Jikan. (And of course, Higashi no Eden deserves the title)

Feb 16, 2010 4:43 AM

I smell some huge Summer Wars fanboyism among those guys who awarded that...

Feb 16, 2010 6:00 AM

HawthorneKitty said:
eh?

There are a lot better stuff out there than that indeed...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 16, 2010 6:45 AM

congrats summer war it was indeed something else this movie and IT'S NICE TO SEE THAT WALL-E IS HERE TOO LOL

Feb 16, 2010 7:49 AM

Wow Summer Wars dominated everything

Feb 16, 2010 8:20 AM

HawthorneKitty said:
eh?
Yeah, I just stopped reading after that.

loljapan

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year

Feb 16, 2010 8:53 AM

all was fine except that K-ON! won...WTFBBQ kyoani has done!?
there are too many better animes out there and at least as popular as that moeblob...
i was expecting bakemonogatari,~after story~ or spice&wolf II in there, oh well typical japanese loltaste, no further defense...

that one award was a total knee jerk moment...wow...

Feb 16, 2010 9:12 AM

lol, the limits of democracy.

Feb 16, 2010 9:33 AM
infinite_zero said:
lol, the limits of democracy.

rofl agreed, just saw the students one on youtube its definately well deserved fantastically made and pretty damn funny
I eat your cereal at night and don't even charge

Feb 16, 2010 9:49 AM

I didn't even know about Summer Wars until now... I've gotta check that out.

Feb 16, 2010 10:13 AM

Well I like K-ON but...It was chosen as the best TV anime..? Seriously?

Now I'm definitely planning to watch Summer Wars.

Feb 16, 2010 10:28 AM

oh well i recently watched summer wars, decent and well-deserved to win, but the plotline's kinda cliché. It's reminiscent for a modern otaku, yet im not further spoiling...

Feb 16, 2010 10:37 AM

I enjoyed K-on, Not 'Best anime' enjoyed, But I enjoyed.

But you have to realize, Its Fan base is off the walls, Dvd Sales, Product Sales, That anime is making a huge amount of chedder, Majority Takes the cake.

"FUCK ANIME, I'M GOING CAR RACING."

Feb 16, 2010 10:54 AM

HawthorneKitty said:
eh?

speechless =\

Feb 16, 2010 10:55 AM

Feb 16, 2010 10:55 AM
Fumiko no Kokuhaku got added to database, as an independent work that gained a significant critical acclaim:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/8187/Fumiko_no_Kokuhaku/

Feb 16, 2010 1:19 PM

wow summer wars ownes (again)...

Really glad that Time of Eve has won best OVA.

Also great to see that fumiko's confession has one something, i just love that short! want to see more from Mr. Hiroyasu!

Feb 16, 2010 2:47 PM
dtshyk said:

Best Music: Sagisu Shiro ("Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance")

YES, loved the music for Eva 2.0

Feb 16, 2010 2:56 PM

Higashi no Eden~!
~Nothing~

Feb 16, 2010 2:59 PM

FUck K-on. It's no where near 'Good anime'... >_> It's just 'MOE LOL FANSAVISU ANIMATION'.

Summer Wars? I agree it was a great anime, touching and dynamic. However, it was nowhere near 'Hosoda quality' I've seen in the girl who leapt through the time. Topic was about 'LOL FUCKIN AI HACKING SYSTEM DESTROES TEH WORLD' (Eagle eye, Matrix much?). Too bad there was not much of good quality films last year... Wait, we had 'FUCKIN RECAPPS'.

Still, nice film though. Manage to make it really interesting even though it's topic was replica of thousand of others.

Yey for Higashi no eden and Eve no jiken.

I'm feeling that my fav Kamiya Hiroshi is becoming like one of the most overused seiyuu now... Congrat for the award though.

Feb 16, 2010 4:13 PM

oh my, summer wars is the soo damn strong, to win alomost all the prizes.
but it's an awesome movie, indeed.

Feb 16, 2010 5:02 PM
Since Fumiko's Confession won an award, does it mean it gets to stay in the database for good...?

Feb 16, 2010 6:06 PM

tehnominator said:
Since Fumiko's Confession won an award, does it mean it gets to stay in the database for good...?
freedoleen said:
Fumiko no Kokuhaku got added to database, as an independent work that gained a significant critical acclaim:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/8187/Fumiko_no_Kokuhaku/
tl;dr: Yes.

Feb 16, 2010 6:29 PM

Every time I post during lag, my posts never eventually show up. I guess I'll post again.

Yay for Kamiyan~

Yay for Summer Wars~

Not as fun the second time.

Feb 16, 2010 7:35 PM

K-On tied with Eden??? 0_o Eden is WAAY better.

Nice to see Eve no Jikan get best OVA.

Feb 16, 2010 7:44 PM

Best anime K-On?

Okay, this is the last time I am keeping track of Anime Awards. It's outrageous and a big disappointment.
<<<< Click to see how you may #HelpKyoAniHeal

Feb 16, 2010 9:09 PM

Gotta watch Higashi no Eden and Summer Wars now. o.O
Yay, Araragi!

Boo, K-On!

Feb 16, 2010 9:35 PM

Pw3age said:
Gotta watch Higashi no Eden and Summer Wars now. o.O
Yay, Araragi!

Boo, K-On!

lol, with regards of this year's anime awards, i was thinking about your sig. Oh boy no love for ushio, she was totally robbed of this prestige...sigh...

Feb 16, 2010 10:34 PM

Well, Summer Wars is Hosoda reusing his old lot for Digimon Movie: Bokura no War Game and putting facebook in. Visuals and synergy was still superb, though.

Feb 16, 2010 11:17 PM

wow that summer wars definitely deserved 7 awards i just finished it its awesome

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already

Feb 17, 2010 9:31 AM

gorespammer said:
ITT: butthurt faggots

K-ON! is better than your favorite anime, accept the truth

Better for robbing otaku money for their own profit with generic moe chara.

Eden is indeed deserve to be Best TV Anime(minus K-ON) even though I haven't watching it yet.Summer Wars also great & kudos to Hosoda for winning the award.

Congratulation to Kamiya Hiroshi for the award,although I was hoping for Miyano or Fukuyama for the award.But still he did a great job in Bakemongatari.

Feb 17, 2010 9:33 AM

*Ignores gorespammer, I don't fancy feeding trolls today *

Two overrated anime at the top. I would have rather seen Bakemonogatari win it, but it technically isn't finished yet, so maybe that was why they didn't choose it. actually, it must have been the reason, as there is no way that K-ON! can be more popular than the highest-selling blu-ray anime of all time, and Bakemonogatari has much better directing as well, as it takes a lot more to engross people through 10-minute long dialogues than it does with 100% moe fanservice. Bakemonogatari has moe fanservice as well, of course, but it doesn't rely on it nearly as much as K-ON does.

I would laugh if they forgo all of this year's anime to give it the 2011 prize, which I would not like to see, because of Duarara being 1000x more awesome than anything that aired last year.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[

Feb 17, 2010 4:07 PM

gorespammer said:
I would have rather seen Bakemonogatari win it, but it technically isn't finished yet, so maybe that was why they didn't choose it. actually

Oh, wow!!
So this is what bake-fag actually believe. They've said something like this since Japan Media Arts Festival.

And by your logic, how can Eden of the East win the award?

Bakemonogatari tv series is finished, bro. the last two episode don't count as TV episode.

and wait......
Bakemonogatari did win best voice actor award.

Cool flawed logics, not proving anything by your words. Then, it will be also acceptable to call you K-On fag, just by the reason you are supporting it indirectly.

Bakemonogatari was far more superior than K-On in every aspect. K-On is basically fanservice anime and it makes no sense being even nominated. Bake is also otaku fanbase appeal-er, but at least it was clever. Please prove what part of K-On was better than Bake. You will have hard time finding it.

What I most hate, is that our amazing Higashi no Eden is in the same place as K-On shit. Bakemonogatari is more suitable of being next to Eden. (It should've been better with Trapeze aside... D:)

Plus, it's not bakemonogatari won the award. 'Kamiya Hiroshi' won the seiyuu award for the role for Arraragi.

Feb 17, 2010 6:31 PM

You do know that Bakemono uses otaku bait just like K-ON right? Most of the females (if not all) are a different kind of bait character. They are just not so blatant about them, and don't over-use moe to the same extent. Both poor shows IMO though, though I definitely think Bakemono is far better.

Feb 18, 2010 1:02 AM

velcom said:
You do know that Bakemono uses otaku bait just like K-ON right? Most of the females (if not all) are a different kind of bait character. They are just not so blatant about them, and don't over-use moe to the same extent. Both poor shows IMO though, though I definitely think Bakemono is far better.
I know, but there is still a lot more plot
flygon250 said:
Bakemonogatari has moe fanservice as well, of course, but it doesn't rely on it nearly as much as K-ON does.
So yes I do realise that, also it's not that I'm a big Bakemono fan (although I do like it a bit more than a lot of the other "hyped" anime), it's just that I don't think 2009 was not a particularly good year for anime. The first arc of Aoi Bungaku (still need to see the other arcs beyond the second), Kuchu Buranko and Summer Wars are the best anime that I have seen this year, and none of them are worth any more than an 8/10, and Bakemonogatari is probably only worth a 7/10 (I will change my score soon) and is probably no better than Higashi no Eden, which I have no real problem with, it's just I didn't like it as much as some people did.

2010 is better than the whole of 2009 already with DRRR!!, and there's a new Maasaki Yuasa anime in the spring as well, and then we have Despera, which will hopefully come towards the end of this year, or in 2011.
Modified by Rosa_FOEtida, Feb 18, 2010 1:08 AM
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[

Feb 18, 2010 5:56 AM

uhm can i ask why ~after story~ and spice&wolf ii are still not mentioned here yet?
the "sequel" factor could be the reason why, but people should also remember code geass R2...

they should be more viable to win, thus higashi no eden should be along side among one of those deserving 3, rather than this moe moe kyun joke...

oh well the poorness of the anime creativity production in 2009 and the japanese moe&fanserve cult is sinking this prestigious anime award's integrity...

Feb 18, 2010 1:56 PM

Did my eyes deceive me? Wall-E is on there?? That has made my day :D

Feb 19, 2010 12:55 AM

K-On!...

Seriously... I liked the show but...

sigh...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 19, 2010 3:57 AM

Disagree with K-ON. Summer Wars had one hell of a run. Well deserved. Would have liked to see Evangelion 2.0 winning a little more though. 'Best Director: Hideaki Anno' has a nice ring to it. Oh and hooray for Time of Eve!
Like Japanese films? Swing by the Cinema of Japan club! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Feb 20, 2010 7:33 PM

Aah yes, Summer Wars. <3 <3 <3

AND KAMIYA. FFFFF YEAAAAAAAHHHHHH.

Feb 22, 2010 8:15 AM

Wow Summer Wars almost everywhere. I guess I need to watch it.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »