Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 18, 2017 1:14 PM

Nov 2013
Chapter made me laugh

"I"m gonna destroy you all !!!! ... WAIT ! I need a hug !"
/suicide

Ah ah ah ah ! This has become such a farce ! :D

Glad I discovered Kingdom a few month ago. I still have something very good to read every week.
Mar 19, 2017 12:02 AM

Apr 2013
omg why is everyone so salty
i liked the chapter, sad about parents maybe not ever knowing they had a child :<
sad about larcade too :'<
Mar 20, 2017 2:35 AM
Mar 2016
i'm a bit surprise so much positivity in this thread. Die hard fans surely scare me
Mar 20, 2017 7:46 AM
Oct 2014
Well, at least August didn't job. He actually made Gil look weaker than expected.
Mar 21, 2017 5:00 AM

Oct 2013
August's death was so meaningless. He was the strongest of Spprigan 12 and disappears this way? This is so disappointing. Worst arc definitely.

I hope that at least the fight between Natsu and Zeref is decent.
Mar 21, 2017 4:32 PM
Nov 2012
TehSnawn said:
Fans: This arc can't get any worse.
Hiro: HOLD MY BEER.

...I love that meme.

Anyways...Yeah. Uh. No words really. Fairy Tail is one of my favorite series of all time but this is awful and nonsensical. It's getting very hard to stay loyal to this series.

August was hyped for almost 2 years (July 22nd, 2015.) He barely fought and now he's gone. I understood why he stopped his attack but at the same time the way he went out was disappointing. I feel insulted over this writing.

This is literally what happened to August: POOF I AM DEAD.

At this point, I seriously believe Acnologia will be defeated by Happy.

1/5- Zeref looks really cool. That's about it.

LOL @ Happy comment.
Mar 21, 2017 8:10 PM
Oct 2014
@Isterio:
Even Wahl got a better ending than August, mostly because he actually went out after using his full powers, even if Laxus obviously used an asspull to win, and even if Wahl was a retard to not think of using his 500km+ range artillery shot over and over again on FT, since one use already oneshotted without killing a few people who tried to block it and protect the guild.

Brandish, God Serena, Dimaria, all really ran into the same issue if you come to think about it, getting rekt without being able to go all out. Dimaria still counts IMO since going all out for her would normally mean just hitting someone in stopped time, and it's especially bad that she didn't even have a speed advantage, like say Ultear only being able to partially suppress the time stop for a short while during which they must win, her abilities basically just got negated, to be replaced with a shitty 'god' form that could only just shoot a tiny finger beam.

Zeref is probably going to have the same issue, Hiro is unable to write fights for some reason, even though he did somewhat better in earlier arcs. If it's going to be a melee fight, he should at least integrate their powers into their combat style. Zeref using darkness armor to not be burned, moving around quicker with darkness made material or something, forcing Natsu to use fire to remove a mist of darkness that prevents him from seeing anything, things like that would be easy to add in. And since Hiro copies a lot from other mangas anyways, he could take five seconds to see how darkness magic is used a lot better in mangas like nanatsu no taizai for example, rather than just not being used at all lol.

Even the last Natsu vs Zeref fight, which was basically trash, in how limited Zeref's use of his abilities was, was better than this one, since he threw out a few shitty spells here and there.
Mar 22, 2017 6:29 AM
Sep 2015
all the spriggan are thrashes. I will drop this manga any moment. Do not ger me wrong but this is the only manga that I supported ever since but i do not even know what's on Mashima's mind. Pure bullshit endings for the antagonists.
Mar 22, 2017 6:30 AM
Sep 2015
So what's with the strongest mage ever? Please Mashima do not need to use big words for the hype. Too disappointing.
Mar 22, 2017 10:31 AM
Oct 2013
Canaas said:
@Isterio:
Even Wahl got a better ending than August, mostly because he actually went out after using his full powers, even if Laxus obviously used an asspull to win, and even if Wahl was a retard to not think of using his 500km+ range artillery shot over and over again on FT, since one use already oneshotted without killing a few people who tried to block it and protect the guild.

This is regular Shounen writing. It´s stupid because convenient but something Naruto or One Piece would do. I did have a few qualms with that fight in that it was over too fast, but yeah it was reasonable for the standard.

Canaas said:

Brandish, God Serena, Dimaria, all really ran into the same issue if you come to think about it, getting rekt without being able to go all out. Dimaria still counts IMO since going all out for her would normally mean just hitting someone in stopped time, and it's especially bad that she didn't even have a speed advantage, like say Ultear only being able to partially suppress the time stop for a short while during which they must win, her abilities basically just got negated, to be replaced with a shitty 'god' form that could only just shoot a tiny finger beam.

This is a problem the last arc of Bleach suffered severly from, something that One Piece usually handled masterfully untill the Dressrosa Arc and Fairy Tail struggled since post Tenru Timeskip.
Hiro is the worst Mangaka when it comes to planning. He doesn´t set up a structured draft for his fighting matchups. He just improvises them and then randomly assigns his cast against the villains on a whim. This is the reason his powerlevel continuity is horrendous.
Pre timeskip most of the characters had to be introduced yet and he could get away with this liberal way of writing. Continuity didn´t exist.
But since then continuity had been established, he had to bring order into his world, something Hiro refused to do.
This lead to the godawful writing we have witnessed post Tenru Island, which peeked in the final arc.

Canaas said:

Zeref is probably going to have the same issue, Hiro is unable to write fights for some reason, even though he did somewhat better in earlier arcs. If it's going to be a melee fight, he should at least integrate their powers into their combat style. Zeref using darkness armor to not be burned, moving around quicker with darkness made material or something, forcing Natsu to use fire to remove a mist of darkness that prevents him from seeing anything, things like that would be easy to add in. And since Hiro copies a lot from other mangas anyways, he could take five seconds to see how darkness magic is used a lot better in mangas like nanatsu no taizai for example, rather than just not being used at all lol.

Even the last Natsu vs Zeref fight, which was basically trash, in how limited Zeref's use of his abilities was, was better than this one, since he threw out a few shitty spells here and there.

Idc at this point. I just want this godwaful series to end now. There is nothing left to speculate, nothing left to be interested in. Hiro has killed everything that was enjoyable about this series and turned it into an unpredictable mess of nonsense. Zeref has no intrigue about him. Neither is the solution to his condition.
Mashima has reached the point where he could write Aliens into the story that magically save everyone with their spaceships and I wouldn´t be surprised anymore.
Mar 22, 2017 10:48 AM
Oct 2014
@Isterio:
Eh, I guess you're half right about the abuse of OP things like many miles of range being not too much to think about, although it'd be easier if it just wasn't introduced.

Like, let's say there were only six spriggans, and each was on the level of the top four mages in Ishgar, then if they grouped up it would not be so ridiculous for Hiro to manage the power levels, as long as he didn't just choose to have them oneshotted as he did. But at this point it doesn't matter.

At this point, pretty much everything has been horribly fucked up. And even if there is something of standard Hiro level of just a bland Acnologia vs some dragon slayers and Mavis and Acnologia losing, it'd probably just be really unappealing. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Hiro managed to make it worse than that.
Mar 22, 2017 11:42 AM
Oct 2013
@ Canaas
It doesnt matter it was is smarter from Hiro to introduce an overpowered ability and then retroactively nerf it through stupid nonsensical behaviour by it´s user, like overconfidence or a cheap time limitation, or exhaustion, or not introduce it to begin with. It is a Shounen staple and should be therefore measured with the same gauge his peers received.
I just hate double standards. Hypocrisi is sadly one of the most common human traits.
Ofc it´s smarter to not introduce an unbalanced ability than finding an excuse why a character cannot use it, but that would take out alot of the cinimatic spectacle Shounen Manga deliver.

I don´t know what Hiro´s reasoning behind the number 12 was, wether it is symbolic or it´ll be revealed to have a practical use. Currently they all have been exceptionless a waste of space and time. I don´t buy that he had planned to introduce Erza´s mother before this arc, or at least this was the sole story he had prepared. One of the Spriggans is Erza´s Mom the end! Same for August. Mavis and Zeref had a kid. The end! He obvisouly didn´t had thought of this idea during the couples conception. That´s why it was so badly written.

Yes I agree that everything has been fucked up and that´s because Hiro has abanoned any obligation, he just writes whatever the hell comes into his head and the Editor just approves it.
Mar 24, 2017 3:43 AM
Feb 2015
prism2525 said:
Is nobody going to comment on next week's chapter title??

Dragon Demon... guess those seeds didn't really go POOF after all. I'm all for Natsu to turn into a Dragon/Demon megamix as long as he still has his wits about him.

It could refer to Acnologia too you know. He's still around in the story.
Apr 22, 2017 6:09 PM

Jan 2012
so August is dead just like that lel

May 9, 2017 8:08 AM

May 2014
That's just sad, seeing August and Larcade going like that :(
Precht was quite the important person after all.
May 11, 2017 11:54 AM

Dec 2014
hmm august tries to meet Mavis...will he get the disclosure he wants
Sep 2, 2017 8:32 AM

Oct 2015
I wonder what's this way Mavis found to stop Zeref, oh man chapter 528 is about to get lit.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 17, 2018 3:01 AM

Feb 2013
Poor August, he only wanted to be loved.
Jun 23, 2019 10:59 AM

May 2016
Hate that fact Hiro end every well built character in one punch.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Yesterday, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 244 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wasabi - Jul 22, 2011

69 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 7:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.