Forum Settings
Forums
New
Comeback or Back to Life?
Mar 14, 2017 8:53 PM
Mar 2017
Yeah, the title says it all. "Fukkatsu no Lelouch", but here goes a question..
Is it that he was alive and his COMEBACK is a resurrection
Or
He was dead and somehow is back to life?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 14, 2017 11:50 PM
Feb 2017
As i know at the ending of season 2 in 2009 with the japanese ending you can see Lelouch face as the driver of the coach and cc at the top of it this was censored afterwards by the Anime studio but if you search it you will find the original ending. He never died as you know cc is immortal but how she got immortal and thats the point you first need to die to get immortality and thats all about it he was never dead kinda.
Mar 15, 2017 9:14 PM
Jun 2014
I think they might do something with the world of C (if that was what it was called, i dont remember) where maybe they go and find lelouch living in some purgatory or hell because the creators always liked the theme of Lelouch being a devil (i think?) or some sort and him getting punished for his crimes.
Just a thought
Mar 15, 2017 9:17 PM

Jan 2011
Passi_Dowayst said:
As i know at the ending of season 2 in 2009 with the japanese ending you can see Lelouch face as the driver of the coach and cc at the top of it this was censored afterwards by the Anime studio but if you search it you will find the original ending. He never died as you know cc is immortal but how she got immortal and thats the point you first need to die to get immortality and thats all about it he was never dead kinda.
It's a fake video.
Mar 16, 2017 11:21 AM
Mar 2017
Honestly the cartdriver theory is good as it is. They should do that one, instead of complete asspull literally resurrecting him from the realm of the dead. Nothing indicated such thing can happen in previous seasons. Or maybe they can do the saving him in the last minutes with technology ala Orange. Well who knows really at this point.
Mar 18, 2017 2:01 PM
Oct 2015
i think the "people die when they are killed" guideline is highly overrated.
Taking the said example of Nunaly's "failed" death, does the fact that she didn't actually die change any of the event's that happened because Leuluch believed that she did?
And then comparatively taking Euphemia's death, is the the really memorable thing about it is that she died, or, is it the accidental geass command that made the entire plot take a complete U turn. Furthermore, would the emotional impact from the latter be much lesser and the storyline much different if rather than dying she would have been locked away in a royal asylum on the main-land for rest of the story?

That said, my vote is "back to life" with my arguments being the following:

A. Leuluch is dead because :
A.1.Atonement and self growth- Leuluche's final words to Suzaku 'this is [b]also[b] your atonement...' carry the rather clear implication that the Zero Requiem is meant to serve as his (leuluch's) atonement. If he doesn't actually die, not only does it reduce the Z.R. from being a noble self-sacrifice to being just another con , but also, it means that he once again lied and deceived all the people that he cares about and that care about him.
A.2. It's actually a happier ending - while "the real japanese ending" is a fan-made fake, the general notion of those in the Leuluch is alive camp is that he and C.C. spend the rest of eternity living happily ever after on a remote farm, but here's the thing, would either of them be truly happy, would Leuluch be really happy with letting go of all the things and people he cared about and would trying to console him really would be the immortal code bearer retirement plan that C.C. has been looking for all those centuries?

B. It gives a better possibility for a plot that picks up and builds upon the ending of R2 rather than undoing it:
B.1. "leuluch of the resurrection" rather than " the resurrection of leuluch" - in the first place, whomever said that Leuluch is the one and the only one to be resurected?
While V.V. and Charles might be dead and the Central base of the Geass order destroyed, there is no indication that a theral world-wide purge of all geass related material and personnel has been carried out. Also, while the Sword of Akasha might have been stopped, it's not like the Thought Elevator itself was destroyed.
At the same time, in the wake of the Z.R. the cycle of hate and vengeance was broken, and yet, the pain and loss that created them might not have so easily gone away. For most people this would be nothing more than a dull ache as they try to adjust and conform to a world of peace that asks them to look to the future rather than mull over the past, however, for the scattered remnants of the geass order this might bring about the question: Is death truly necessary and absolute?
If their predecessors in ancient times have managed to the wrest from god a code for immortality and power? If the memories of the dead remain within the subconscious whole? If every single person is nothing more than a small window in the collective will? And, if their previous research has shown that it is possible to break the barriers that limit humans from one another - then - rather than breaking down all the walls should it not be possible to only open the closed windows...
However, such such an endeavor would require organization, and an organization requires a leader, yet, with the U.F.N. and the B.K. busily recruiting all competent personal .. well wouldn't it be rather convenient if there was someone floating in limbo in the shallows of the C. World, just barely within reach ...

B.2. Demon Leuluch - you know, one of the theme's of demonism is possession, rather than Leuluch literally coming to life, a nicer option might be that he starts possessing zero Suzaku when the later starts breaking down from the strain. The 'nice' part being Leuluch trying to avoid tiping people off to said possesion.

and finally - to hell with Leuluch, all that 'Lulu is alive' wailing makes me sick, throw a smidgen of him in ghost and flashback appearances for the fangirls, but, as a fanboy what i really want is :

K.K. and C.C. - with the drama king gone who else would be better for the world-weary witch to liven her time with than the slightly naive fiery redhead :)
aostriMar 18, 2017 2:07 PM
Mar 25, 2017 6:13 AM

Jul 2013
I'll go with always alive choice. In the recent PD Lelouch said his dream was to destroy and recreate the world and that it wasn't a big deal for him if he doesn't have a place in the world he recreated. This goes in line with the saying how 'he's dead to the world but not literally dead' imo.
Apr 13, 2017 3:45 PM

May 2016
Passi_Dowayst said:

That video is fake.... The water mark at top right disappear when that fake Lelouch face was shown. https://youtu.be/gNhyzoq4mxo?t=1m3s

Apr 30, 2017 3:52 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Izumi-Rei said:
Passi_Dowayst said:

That video is fake.... The water mark at top right disappear when that fake Lelouch face was shown. https://youtu.be/gNhyzoq4mxo?t=1m3s

Vid is faked but there are enough theories that makes it sure that he never died in the first place... crane promise, geass power, Nunnally seeing lelouch memories...etc..
Apr 30, 2017 5:43 AM
Dec 2008
I'm predicting now, most of the story will revolve around wether Lelouch has come back to life or not, in the end turns out it was an imposter all along and the real Lelouch is still dead.
Apr 30, 2017 1:35 PM
Oct 2016
I think before Zero Requiem, he had CC her wish granted. Thus he never died in the first place.
Apr 30, 2017 3:12 PM
Apr 2016
lelouch is not dead ,He can't abandon C.C and i'm pretty sur he have the code of his father so basically he is immortal :)
May 1, 2017 2:40 AM

Mar 2012
I honestly thought he died because he can still use Geass after his confrontation with Charles. I only watched the anime, but most of those shown to have the code never used Geass again.
May 1, 2017 4:44 AM
Feb 2016
If I remember correctly after taking Code from V.V. Charles got manipulated by Lelouch Geass to shoot himself. That was the point where his Code activated. And i believe C.C. died before her Code activation too. It would made sense if Lelouch became immortal after initial death then.
GanordMay 1, 2017 4:50 AM
May 1, 2017 9:49 AM
Nov 2010
?? I thought it was made clear many years ago by the director himself that Lelouch died? So obviously, he's going to be resurrected.

Well, I mean the director can always go back on his words, but that's unlikely. Even the title is called Lelouch of the Resurrection, so I'm pretty certain that he'll be resurrected.
May 2, 2017 10:05 AM
May 2017
Both. If I remeber well you need die after getting this "immortality" before you get it. Or something like this. Remeber that scene from C.C. getting immortality?
May 2, 2017 10:11 AM

Jul 2009
Pretty sure the writers/directors confirmed his death in an interview. If he's actually alive, that'll be a huge retcon.
May 2, 2017 3:19 PM
Nov 2009
Take into consideration how the world of Code Geass works:
as Geass is a manifestation of conciousness/God's will, granting the user the ability to recreate reality and its expression (for Geass manifests in the eye, it eloquently symbols itself as the gaze unto the abyss), the "world of C." or rather the "omniverse" (considering that "the universe" is not enough to describe the whole existence, at least in Code Geass) grants some individiuals to manifest themselves unto reality's expression, called "immortals", or bearer of Code.

So the creators can say anything: "Lelouch is dead" would please many in our reality, for we do not take into consideration that reality can be rewritten. In Code Geass, it definitely is possible. There are even Geass abilities that completely defy reality, for the direct recreation of conciousness' expression is granted to individuals by what we call "C" (quote: as you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes back unto thee, thus creating a new universe).

And NOW! Look at Lelouch. Look at what kind of person he is.
And especially, can eternal world peace really be achieved, solely by crushing the world power and reforming it? For the King didn't sacrifice himself, thus changing mankind's nature, behaviour, thought processes or fate. At first priority, Lelouch had to break the cycle of violence.
There is a whole lot to discuss about the choices and actions that were made in the series, but I'd like to stop here, I could write forever;
Personally, I don't believe Lelouch to be an ideologist, pursuing permanent world peace. I've been such a fool for the longest time :D
May 7, 2017 4:44 AM

Jan 2014
Shashwat_C said:
I think before Zero Requiem, he had CC her wish granted. Thus he never died in the first place.
quanbe said:
lelouch is not dead ,He can't abandon C.C and i'm pretty sur he have the code of his father so basically he is immortal :)
Narberal_Gamma said:
Both. If I remeber well you need die after getting this "immortality" before you get it. Or something like this. Remeber that scene from C.C. getting immortality?

this..
this is what I thought when they announce Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch.
I think Lulu already immortal in the first place, before getting stabbed by Suzaku.
May 7, 2017 4:48 AM

Apr 2016
The power of "we need to milk it for the sake of money" will bring him alive again.
May 8, 2017 5:44 PM
Jan 2010
Passi_Dowayst said:

That was a fake ending dude. There was no censorship.
May 8, 2017 7:53 PM
Oct 2012
Actually, in re-watching the original I think there is a good reason to bring Lelouch back: no one really understood what he was trying to do.

So all these people, even those who "think" they know are running about trying to create his "peaceful world", but it is clear they are going to fail: S, N, K, whomever. If the writer has any competency, creating an even better ending is pretty easy.
May 10, 2017 9:39 PM

Apr 2015
As far as the director himself saying Lelouch died, I read a translation somewhere a while back, and supposedly the directors exact words were "Lelouch's story has ended.", he never outright said he died. Idk how true that is, but I do notice a lot of english speaking fans throwing around that "the director said he died!" without a real proper source so..
Jul 5, 2017 9:21 PM

Jan 2009
ye its just a comeback for Lelouch

the biggest reason i think Lelouch was alive in the end of the first series was when Nunally touch him and then suddenly Nunally saw all the memories of Lelouch, that situation is the same when Lelouch touch CC in the first season, and we know that phenomenon only happen on immortal geass users like CC, but im not sure how Lelouch become an immortal geass user though
Jul 7, 2017 4:12 PM
Jan 2012
j0x said:

the biggest reason i think Lelouch was alive in the end of the first series was when Nunally touch him and then suddenly Nunally saw all the memories of Lelouch, that situation is the same when Lelouch touch CC in the first season, and we know that phenomenon only happen on immortal geass users like CC, but im not sure how Lelouch become an immortal geass user though

He did receive inactive Code from Charles after his death and it was activated when Suzaku "killed" Lelouch.
Jul 7, 2017 4:20 PM

Jan 2009
Salystoar said:
j0x said:

He did receive inactive Code from Charles after his death and it was activated when Suzaku "killed" Lelouch.

can you point out to me what episode that happen? i want to rewatch that since i may have forgotten about that
Jul 7, 2017 4:34 PM
Jan 2012
j0x said:
Salystoar said:

can you point out to me what episode that happen? i want to rewatch that since i may have forgotten about that

Episode 21 of the 2nd season, i believe...
Jul 7, 2017 4:39 PM

Jan 2009
Salystoar said:
j0x said:

Episode 21 of the 2nd season, i believe...

thanks i will check it out again
Jul 14, 2017 5:16 PM
May 2011
it only makes sense that he's immortal now, having to live for the rest of eternity to atone for all the people he killed. (While also outliving the person he started all of this for)

i mean just look at the ending, it was completely pointless to show the cart with CC like that and hide the drivers face.

I mean what did they suddenly run out of money couldn't afford to create a random face?
Jul 14, 2017 5:17 PM

Dec 2015
Obviously he was always alive.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 19, 2017 3:17 PM

Jan 2014
Passi_Dowayst said:

but he died when he was stabbed by suzaku
Jul 20, 2017 9:04 PM
Nov 2015
zetopazio said:
I'm predicting now, most of the story will revolve around wether Lelouch has come back to life or not, in the end turns out it was an imposter all along and the real Lelouch is still dead.

That would actually not be a terrible permise for R3 if its told from someone else's prespective and shit goes down and they are trying to find out if its lelouch.

Way better idea than that purguatory bs.
Stein's Gate is the worst anime of all time.
Jul 21, 2017 1:05 PM
Aug 2008
If Lelouch can come back to life other than the code theory then it would be such a bullshit. Because then it should be possible for Euphy, Shirley and everyone else to come back to life and that would be such a big asspull.
Code theory is the only legit way for him to come back from the dead imo.
Jul 30, 2017 1:51 AM
Jul 2017
I think he took C2's power like his dad took V2's and she chose not to die because she wanted to spend more time with lelouch .So he kinda did die but he is immortal and season 3 could be on him being able to give the gift of geass to a certain someone and getting his wish granted. And him like overwatching the dude and guiding him, but then again lelouch probably has way more complex and better plans camt wait to see!
Aug 6, 2017 6:41 AM
Sep 2016
he is ressurected there's no way he can be immortal or maybe he could got the code when at the c's world
Aug 6, 2017 7:18 AM

Jun 2014
The answer is plot hole , same goes to Suzaku.
How the fuck he survine from explosion.
Aug 8, 2017 7:53 PM
Mar 2013
Gikiseima said:
The answer is plot hole , same goes to Suzaku.
How the fuck he survine from explosion.

rule 1 of anime. If you do not see the body they are not dead.

Also eve if we dislike it I do not see any reason they would not use that he has the "code" as a reason. It stops a big ass plot hole from being made at the very start or the need for a far more convoluted reason. Its built into the show already no reason not to use it.
Aug 27, 2017 9:52 AM
Aug 2014
I'm sure almost no one will see this comment. But here, think of this. The show was always called "Code Geass" - [Some secondary title]. Not just the secondary title. Nor was it just called "Code" or "Geass", its Code Geass. Think back to the end of s2 when Charles dies. Who Killed him? Lelouch. What happens when a Code owns dies? Its gets passed off to the person who killed him. Which has to be someone with a Geass might I add. This person was Lelouch. So, the show is called Code Geass. Why? Well because lelouch is (probably) the first person to ever hold a Code AND a Geass at the same time.

Now, does he really die at the end of s2? I would say so. But he has a Code, so even if he dies he comes back. I'm not going to type out an entire essay trying to explain things as deep as it really gets. But essentially, Lelouch has Charles Code (Whom he acquired from VV), the key is a Geass users killed a Code user (How lelouch managed to do that. Look into it, its rather interesting).

So Ya, Lelouch is dead, but not dead. The title for s3 can be taken in both contexts here so neither of these Poll answers are incorrect really.
Aug 27, 2017 10:07 AM

Jun 2016
Or maybe the sequel wont feature Lelouch and he stays dead for good.
Sep 16, 2017 6:00 AM

Jun 2013
I honestly hope that they portray it as him being dead and coming back to life. Otherwise it would absolutely ruin the perfect ending that Code Geass R2 had. Him staying alive makes no sense because it goes against his character and everything that was built toward it will also go down the drain. I do think that second season was rushed and that it lost quite a bit in quality, but I don't think writers would just get rid of an ending as good as that.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Sep 16, 2017 12:24 PM
Mar 2013
Dimitrije1606 said:
I honestly hope that they portray it as him being dead and coming back to life. Otherwise it would absolutely ruin the perfect ending that Code Geass R2 had. Him staying alive makes no sense because it goes against his character and everything that was built toward it will also go down the drain. I do think that second season was rushed and that it lost quite a bit in quality, but I don't think writers would just get rid of an ending as good as that.

My money is on someone using a geass to bring him back somehow. I mean look at what his mother could do to cheat death. I can see something like that coming up.
Sep 17, 2017 3:29 PM
Nov 2015
Pyxus said:
Or maybe the sequel wont feature Lelouch and he stays dead for good.

He will be in it or they will try to make it look like hes in it, his name is in the title.
Stein's Gate is the worst anime of all time.
Sep 17, 2017 3:36 PM

Mar 2013
I am guessing resurrected, if we are doing a time skip and the producers want Lelouch to be around the same age.

Of course, older Lelouch would be fascinating, or he can be immortal in some manner.
Sep 20, 2017 10:55 PM

Jul 2015
I think Lelouch gained Code from his father which made him immortal.But as he didn't receive the Geass from his father but from CC so he didn't lose his Geass while taking the Code from his father.

Thus he can use both and the series name "Code Geass".

Sep 23, 2017 2:55 AM

Jun 2011
I thought it was pretty obvious that Lelouch stole his father's code, and activates it, thus proving he's alive, making him immortal.
Sep 24, 2017 8:57 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I would much rather him be resurrected.....That way, his perfect death would at least be somewhat in tact
Sep 25, 2017 2:39 AM
May 2017
I just think it is savage how part 2 of the anime comes out when I am freaking 18, and I have to wait until I am probably gonna be 30 for part 3. What is up with that. Also I second what the person above me said.
Sep 25, 2017 4:24 AM

Nov 2009
I would prefer season 3 did not exist because season 2 conclusion was more than good enough. It is one of the reasons we remember and praise Code Geass and view it as one of the best anime series out there (story and all too of course but I am making a point). But season 3 just might ruin it. Why 'resurrect' something that is already, clearly, good in its ambitiousness and completed story, for the possibility of it ruining the widely acclaimed masterpiece by Japanese and international viewers..? I preferred spinoffs to this... You just never know what might happen at this point. I'll watch it anyway tho, that's a given... Suzaku will surely be in it.XD But it doesn't mean I am happy about it...
Sep 25, 2017 7:29 AM
May 2017
You are right, but they have had long enough that one hopes they will get it right this time!
Sep 25, 2017 10:38 AM
Feb 2017
So pretty much Lelouch died to become immortal just like C2 did and just like his father did when Lelouch made him shot his heart. Anybody have another view on this matter?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Hyuse - Feb 24, 2019

217 by Dekuuchiha »»
Feb 24, 3:22 PM

» why it's not considered as sequel to 2nd season of original series???

NaughtySempai - May 21, 2021

12 by Leonhart93 »»
Jan 3, 6:27 AM

Poll: » If you were Lelouch, what decision would you choose?

Sanjay63773 - Jan 19, 2023

10 by Leonhart93 »»
Jan 3, 6:26 AM

» Code Geass: Dakkan no Z

quercifolia - Sep 19, 2023

5 by quercifolia »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:45 AM

» Why did they did not continue original timeline? What's up this alternate timeline crap?!?

AnimeJunki3 - Apr 19, 2021

35 by WNightfall »»
Apr 15, 2023 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.