Forum Settings
Forums
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Mar 14, 2017 7:56 PM

What is Discord?
Discord is a free voice and text chat app designed mainly for gaming. But it's become a service for most of the communities.
There's also a web version but we highly recommend to download the app.
Note that you need an account to access to the app.

How to make an account
Click here to open the register page. Make sure to verify your email!

How can I join the TNC Discord server?
Once you have created and verified a Discord account, go to the main club's page and click the Discord banner. It will redirect you to a new page where you will need to accept an invite.
Follow the steps:

Congratulations! You're now in the TNC Discord server. Please, make sure to read all the information in the 'Welcome' chat on Discord.

About Discord Server
If you're new to discord, this guide could help you to understand the basic things.

1.- Text Chats.
When you first join the club, you'll have many text chats to move around.
You can easily move between channels just by clicking on them:

Every chat has its own topic, make sure to keep the conversations in their respective channel.

2.- Voice Channels.

You will see that we have a few voice channels, where you can either talk to other members or listen to music.
You can join or change between channels by clicking on them:

Feel free to join them anytime.

3.- Notifications.

Are you tired of getting notifications every time anyone send a message in the chat? You can easily disable them, follow the steps below:

I. On the top left, click on the TNC settings:
II. Click on "Notifications":
III. Change the options to "Only mentions", you'll have "All messages" by default.

Now you won't get any notifications unless someone tags you. Make sure to not suppress everyone and here, we could use it for future announcements. Don't worry, we won't spam you with annoying notifications!

1.- How to change my profile picture?
If you want to change your profile picture, please follow the next steps showed in the gif:

2.- How can I change my username?
There are 2 ways to do it.

First case: if you want to change your username globally [limited to 3 changes]. Follow the next steps:

Second case: if you want to change your nickname for the discord server, only. Follow the steps:

3.- Some members have a yellow, red circle under their pictures, how can I change mine?
That's a discord option, you can change your status by following these easy steps:

4.- What is that "Playing..." thing that some members have under their nicknames and how can I change mine?
Every time you play a game, it will be shown under your Nickname. Make sure to have the settings well set up:

You can also change the game name to anything that you want:

NOTE: You'll need to keep the game/app running if you want to show the "Playing..." option.

5.- Is your voice too loud or too low or people can't hear you while you're talking in the voice channel?
We highly recommend you to set up this settings in case you're having a problem:

Basic settings:

Advanced settings:

If you have any problem or question and this guide doesn't help you solving it, feel free to ask any Administrator or Moderators via Discord or send a message through MAL.
We're always free to help you!
~Enjoy your stay~

Forum set by Sylinchen