Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 15, 2017 6:17 AM

Oct 2014
The mighty masterpiece known as code geassuckass
Mar 15, 2017 6:21 AM

Apr 2016
Pullman said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
Yeah, it's during me out, too. I shouldn't even be wasting my time takinbabout such a crap show that doesn't even remotely try to entertain. Got bigger, fuglier fish to fry (Hand Shakers).

You like going for the low-hanging fruit, don't you? :>

Also Everything that was so bad/gets criticized about Mahouka was also what made it fun for me. It was so clichéd it came out the other end and ended up being a fun watch, even tho I can't take it seriously. But entertain it did for sure, whether you see it or not. I certainly had fun with the show. I'm never gonna defend it against criticism but I'm not gonna pretend I wasn't entertained by all the shenanigans either ^^.
I hold no shame in it. The anime made me both deathly bored and absolutely furious.

To each their own. Some people enjoy that stuff both unironically and ironically. I has no fun front whatsoever since I could tell that it didn't want to entertain, but if it made you like it ir Nicely (or even unironically), that's fine. I'll still kick it's ass any day of the week. Not for an every blower having fruit, one that made me die a bit inside and turn into a vengeful and ruthless being on the internet: Hand Shakers.
Mar 15, 2017 6:26 AM
Captain Eyepatch

Dec 2015
Big, f*cking, Order.

A trainwreck off badness that makes Mirai Nikki look like a masterpiece.

I've never been so disappointed by an anime...

Mar 15, 2017 6:28 AM

Feb 2016
Surprised no one said Gantz. Plot holes everywhere. And the worst part?

The show had two seasons and is still incomplete and didn't explain anything about it's shit ending that wasn't even canon (which also makes no sense because the manga was ahead of the anime)
Mar 15, 2017 7:35 AM
Jan 2015
CodeBlazeFate said:
When did he say he was working on flight for years, again? I never Neco netted thet dialogue.
It may not have said that in the anime, I can't remember, but I know it was implied that he was working on it for awhile at least.

Love is not just some emotion like anger or happiness. It's much more complicated and different than that, and it produces other emotions like happiness, but is not an emotion in and of itself. Besides, if all of his strong emotions are erased, the how come he can still feel immense anger? At least, going based off the anime alone?
I said all, accept his feelings for Miyuki. He can feel strong emotions like immense anger when her well being is at risk and such

So, two vintage and rarely used CADs thet he got in episode 3 are some of the finest around? Finer than possibly a lot of what everyone else has?
Well he designed and made them with the help of the division he helps run in his fathers company, and they are specifically designed for only his use. That's not something every run in the mill mage can do or have access to.

I guess thet explains it. Maybe it falls under Mary Sue moment rather than plothole moment, but it's had writing nonetheless, not just because Mary Sue moment, but also since it took him less than 2 seconds to do all of that with a sniper wound to the heart and it took him longer to recover from an attack from Miyuki in episode 4 (if I'm remembering the number correctly).
They happen at the same speed really, where his body is shown recovering in the information dimension, is something happening instantaneously realtime like the scene with the sniper.
-MahesvaraMar 15, 2017 7:39 AM
My Queens

Mar 15, 2017 7:39 AM

Sep 2014
Personally, Chaos:Head adaptation left a lot of things out. Any adaptation in general which tries to rush is likely to have plot holes.
Mar 15, 2017 7:52 AM

Jul 2014
Askorti said:
OppaiSugoi said:
Obligatory SAO plot armor for kirito-kun.

Obligatorily I would like to ask you to elaborate.

- Rushed development of nonexistent Asuna to "Chapter 16.5" nyan nyan by the lakehouse.
- Timeskip in ep3.
- Kayaba "forgot" why he trapped the players in the game.
- Kirito & Asuna was supposed to die in the battle against Heathcliff, nope, deus ex machina pls.

But since you have SAO on your favorites and rated it an 8, fuck my reasoning right?
Mar 15, 2017 7:57 AM

Dec 2015
Code Geass, Fairy Tail and Mirai Nikki
Mar 15, 2017 8:19 AM
Jan 2016
OppaiSugoi said:
Askorti said:

- Rushed development of nonexistent Asuna to "Chapter 16.5" nyan nyan by the lakehouse.
- Timeskip in ep3.
- Kirito & Asuna was supposed to die in the battle against Heathcliff, nope, deus ex machina pls.

But since you have SAO on your favorites and rated it an 8, fuck my reasoning right?

I knew you're going to mention the fact I have it in my favorites and gave it a high score. I just knew it.

- Anyway, by the time they started living together they knew each other for a long time, they've been fighting bosses for more than 60-70 floors by then, they had over 1.5 year to get to know each other.
- How is a timeskip a plot hole? All it means is that in the meantime nothing worth mentioning happened.
- Yup, he did say so. And? He was obviously not right in the head. How is that a plot hole? A villain decided not to divulge his reasons for doing bad stuff. It's not a plot hole.
- They didn't die because the game was finished within 10 seconds of them dying, and Kayaba set it up so that they would live as a reward for clearing the game. So, again, not a plot hole.

Try again, but this time give me something that is actually a plot hole, instead of something you just didn't like.
Mar 15, 2017 8:44 AM

May 2015
The whole logic of NHK rests on the idea that the world is overall a friendly place and outcasts should man up.

It's an anime made way, way before Rene Descartes wrote a word.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Mar 15, 2017 9:49 AM

Nov 2009
OneNaughtyBear said:

The show had two seasons and is still incomplete and didn't explain anything about it's shit ending that wasn't even canon (which also makes no sense because the manga was ahead of the anime)

Can I nominate FLCL? It didn't make any sense and didn't explain anything!

OppaiSugoi said:
Askorti said:

- Timeskip in ep3.

Timeskips and deus ex machinae do not count as plot holes by themselves. Neither does "rushing" anything (though as Askorti has said, their relationship developed on a believable timeframe).

As for forgetting... can you truly remember why did you make all major decisions in your life? (did you make any decisions yet? Your profile indicates you were not yet born.)
Do you have the heart to tell your real reasons to teenage children who had to face death numerous times because of what you've done? Kayaba is not exactly a honest person.
Mar 15, 2017 9:53 AM

Jul 2014
Wicked City. The ending revelation pretty much rendered everything that transpired in the film pointless. And that's a damn shame because I normally like Yoshiaki Kawajiri.
Take care of yourself

Mar 15, 2017 10:15 AM

Oct 2014
what a hard to answer question i have no idea what i watched had the most plotholes of course the easy answer would be one of the long running shonen since they have this gigantc contunuity it is way more easy to contradict itself and create plotholes even when comparing to some nonsensical short anime
and i still do not find that much of a reason to complain about them those plotholes are a natural effect of what those are trying to do and the ambitious nature of some of those is enough make me forgive them for some of the issues
Mar 15, 2017 10:37 AM

Jun 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
The whole logic of NHK rests on the idea that the world is overall a friendly place and outcasts should man up.

I think the question here bends on holes in a fantasy or sci-fi type anime. Or just about any show that makes rules of its own and proceeds to break them.
Mar 15, 2017 11:14 AM

Feb 2016
Deknijff said:
pretty sure everyone is just going to say a show to trigger people or something they don't like
so here is mine for the second one
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9756/Mahou_Shoujo_Madoka_Magica

Sure, it has some nice holes:

But Rebellion movie is absolute garbage, so I can give you that.

OneNaughtyBear said:

Well, anime is shit adaptation. It simply doesn't exist. :))))
Although I agree Gantz is more of a shock-factor manga, I don't remember having many serious plot issues.
AquamirrorMar 15, 2017 11:17 AM
Mar 15, 2017 11:29 AM

Oct 2013
Pixel_Vapour said:
Deknijff said:
pretty sure everyone is just going to say a show to trigger people or something they don't like
What plot holes are there in Madoka Magica? I've watched it twice but haven't picked up on any glaring obvious ones.
Aquamirror said:
Deknijff said:

Sure, it has some nice holes:

But Rebellion movie is absolute garbage, so I can give you that.
surprised 2 people quoted me when I wasn't being serious
Pixel every show will have some kind of problem but I don't care enough about the show to remember the holes and I don't want to be an ignorant person who will just question the plot because I can't think of any valid criticism of the show
Aqua I found the show to be garbage too not just the movie
Mar 15, 2017 11:44 AM

Feb 2016
Deknijff said:
Pixel every show will have some kind of problem but I don't care enough about the show to remember the holes and I don't want to be an ignorant person who will just question the plot because I can't think of any valid criticism of the show

I know you were joking bro. XD ... at least you have slightly less shit taste for hating Rebellion, that shit was bad indeed :)))

Not every problem is a plot hole though.. A lot of people often miss out things and claim them as plot holes.
Personally, I don't think I've watched anything that horrible, but usually the popular waifu-bait shows have some of the most atrocious plots.
And of course they are fucking LN adaptations. @Tenshi_Shura //
Mar 15, 2017 11:55 AM

Oct 2013
Aquamirror said:
Deknijff said:
I know you were joking bro. XD
Not every problem is a plot hole though.. A lot of people often miss out things and claim them as plot holes.
bringing back good memories
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1594380
thank you Aqua
Mar 15, 2017 12:04 PM

Apr 2014
Parasyte had that one plot hole that was easily worth 10
But I still enjoyed the rest of the show :]
Mar 15, 2017 12:15 PM
Aug 2016
SuperRed said:
Numerically speaking probably a long running shounen with a bad reputation like Bleach, Naruto Shippuden or Fairy Tail.
Fairy Tale yes definitely, that show shouldn't be taken too seriously though
Mar 16, 2017 8:23 AM

May 2015
AltoRoark said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

I think the question here bends on holes in a fantasy or sci-fi type anime. Or just about any show that makes rules of its own and proceeds to break them.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy have rules no different than realist fiction. By that, I mean that the rules are always about how a story is told, not about 'rules of the world'. All these rules are arbitrary anyway.
Mar 16, 2017 9:44 AM
Feb 2017
HamburgerSpike said:
Gintama has the most plotholes of any shitty show

watching it so far i wouldn't say there are plot holes, but really no plot at all.
Mar 16, 2017 9:47 AM

Feb 2016
imeli said:
HamburgerSpike said:

watching it so far i wouldn't say there are plot holes, but really no plot at all.

Ye, maybe youre right Mushishi has much more plotholes, like for example what are these mushis anyway? Some people see them some dont so do they exist or not? plot hole.
I bet the creator took drugs when making it. hehe XDD

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Mar 16, 2017 9:57 AM

Nov 2013
Hollywood has the most plot holes ..
Mar 16, 2017 10:02 AM
Feb 2017
HamburgerSpike said:
imeli said:

Ye, maybe youre right Mushishi has much more plotholes, like for example what are these mushis anyway? Some people see them some dont so do they exist or not? plot hole.

Yea I'm pretty sure the creator took magic mushrooms or LSD prior to and during the creation of Mushishi. Also I had another theory that suggest Ginko is having massive amounts of hallucinations because he's smoking DMT on his herbs.
Mar 16, 2017 10:37 AM

Mar 2017
Fairy Tail may have a lot of plot twists and wtf moments, but everything is usually explained afterwards so I wouldn't say it has as many plot holes as people are saying on this forum.
Mar 16, 2017 1:14 PM

Jan 2014
Neon Genesis Evangelion had a couple.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Mar 16, 2017 4:22 PM
Sep 2014
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3.
Mar 16, 2017 4:36 PM

Sep 2014
HamburgerSpike said:
Hey wait a minute! Gintama has a plot?!
Mar 16, 2017 9:17 PM

Feb 2013
Dragon Ball Z maybe. I don't know, I don't tally this shit.
Mar 17, 2017 12:24 PM

May 2015
HamburgerSpike said:
imeli said:

I suggest you won't think how the mushi functions, but what they represent, what is the symbolism behind it.
Mar 17, 2017 2:30 PM

Feb 2014
Cross Ange and Code Geass Season 2 probably (But i don't remember most of them by now)

Even though people say "Mirai Nikki" i don't actually remember it's plotholes. So let's give new names to the list: Charllote and JoJo part 3
thewiruMar 17, 2017 2:34 PM
Mar 17, 2017 2:32 PM

Jan 2013
My favorite anime obviously......
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Mar 17, 2017 3:29 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
The Pokemon series, because Satoshi should have died long ago the number of times he was poisoned, electrocuted, turned in stone, turned into ice, in fire...

Mar 17, 2017 3:43 PM

Sep 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
HamburgerSpike said:

I suggest you won't think how the mushi functions, but what they represent, what is the symbolism behind it.

yea the guy you replied to seems to have missed the whole point of the show or he's trolling (i think the latter)
cash carti
Mar 17, 2017 4:53 PM

Oct 2016
Naruto.

I just can't keep up with the holes.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Mar 17, 2017 5:02 PM

Jun 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
AltoRoark said:

Sci-Fi/Fantasy have rules no different than realist fiction. By that, I mean that the rules are always about how a story is told, not about 'rules of the world'. All these rules are arbitrary anyway.

No, these rules are set for the story to work around. An example is how Lelouch's geass works only once on a person. That isn't arbitrary at all.
Mar 17, 2017 5:46 PM
Oct 2012
CodeBlazeFate said:
•Tatsuya building the power of flight in the span of an afternoon.
It's one of the biggest examples of Mary Sue Plot Convenience I've ever seen.

He didn't, when he showed it to Miyuki she said "you finally did it" implying that he had been working on it for quite a while.

CodeBlazeFate said:
•If Tatsuya's emotions are permanently sealed tightly, how come he displayed blatant anger twice?

His emotions are not "sealed", they are greatly suppressed, as when he told Mari that he was capable of being flustered, and later admits that he has sexual urges. And not sure which two scenes you mentioned, but he DOES have one emotion left (i.e. his sister), so of course he can get angry when someone threatens here (Branche scene in the infirmary and when he confronted No Heads Dragon). The Japanese officer with him figures this out.

CodeBlazeFate said:
•How does he still repair a sniper shot through the heart. If that is something that's meant to insta-kill him, should he be able to recover from that? Then again, that whole power is more Mary Sue BS because he isn't the intimate Mary Sue already.

Because it's not instantaneous. There are a few seconds of consciousness after the shot, and as the scene at the 9SC shows, his spell reacts as long as he is conscious.

http://www.answers.com/Q/How_quickly_would_a_shot_to_the_heart_take_to_kill_someone

As befitting for the God Shiva, and there has already been at least one person who has been revealed to have the power to kill him

[Spoiler]•He's inept at magic, right? Then how come he used CADs flawlessly when they require magic?
Honestly, I've forgotten a lot of them due to there being a distressing amount. Other ones that are not plot holes are mainly just deus ex machinas, leaving plot points in the air, or other signs of incompetent writing, which the adaptation is full of.[/quote]

As for CADs, it has been shown that he customizes the CADs he uses. He uses his devices to overcome his weaknesses. It is similar to what he told Mikihiko, "ancient magic" isn't weak, but since it doesn't use a CAD it is just slow. He helps Mikihiko streamline his magic and consquently Mikihiko becomes more powerful.

So not plotholes, all properly explained. The spoiled part is not specifically stated, that scene was the absolute worst scene in the entire animation, but it is heavily implied in the novel.
Mar 17, 2017 5:52 PM
Jul 2018
Pixel_Vapour said:
Deknijff said:

What plot holes are there in Madoka Magica? I've watched it twice but haven't picked up on any glaring obvious ones.
I watched it 11 times. I would like to know too.

OT: Shit Taste Online
Mar 17, 2017 5:55 PM
Oct 2012
OppaiSugoi said:
- Timeskip in ep3.

That was bad plotting, but not a plot hole. It was highly aggravating when I watched it, but that was not the stories fault (and I sympathize with the adapters), it was the strange way SAO came about as a side project of the writer - the book only covered like 10-16, and then he wrote side stories to fill in some of the time, it must have been hell sorting that all out.

OppaiSugoi said:
-Kayaba "forgot" why he trapped the players in the game.

When?

OppaiSugoi said:

Actually no. Episode 4 shows that death is the game is not instantaneous. It is possible to resurrect someone for about 24 hours. So this mean death in the game put someone in a hold status for 24 hours, and then if they were not resurrected they would be purged. Since the game ended before those 24 hours were up, Asuna and Kirito were saved.

This could have been better covered in both the anime and novels, but the novel was never supposed to be turned into a series, and the writer did cover it with a side story, showing he was aware of the problem in the main work.

One thing I like about Japanese stories is that they give you the stuff to work things out, but they expect you to figure it out. Like Haganai, the author doesn't specifically state who won, but it is perfectly clear who won in the end.
Mar 17, 2017 7:18 PM

Jul 2014
Gants has quite a few I would say its better as a comedy anyway tho.
Mar 17, 2017 7:26 PM

Dec 2016
Surprised on the little mentions to DBZ xD

My fav ever but it's undeniable it has several plot holes and continuity errors
Mar 17, 2017 8:10 PM
Mar 2017
Well, Naruto and Naruto Shippuden. I think theres a lot in Bleach too.
Mar 18, 2017 2:04 AM

May 2015
AltoRoark said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

No, these rules are set for the story to work around. An example is how Lelouch's geass works only once on a person. That isn't arbitrary at all.

Lelouch's Geass rule is a self-imposed mechanic whose purpose is to limit the storytelling in one way. Nothing prevents the storytellers from breaking it, pulling an ad hoc reason and coming up with a great story.

There is no reason to obey that law completely. You can always break it and explain why. If this seems weird to you, remember that the world is a weird place and laws always end up being wrong. We have no reason to think the characters are authorities on anything.

400degrees said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

yea the guy you replied to seems to have missed the whole point of the show or he's trolling (i think the latter)

I don't think so. A problem in Fantasy/Sci-Fi fandoms is exepctations of too much realism, wanting explanations for everything. As if it really matters, because none of it exists anyway.
Mar 18, 2017 7:01 PM
Jan 2017
Probably Ikki Tousen. Lots of thing they said and do don't makes sense and I remembered watching and just thinking STUPID, WHY SO STUPID. Not to mention the poor animation, soundtrack and lack of good character and poor fan service means I was more focus on the plot and noticing more of the flaws. Like how the hell do they know they are a reincarnation of ancient warriors, and none of them questioning it. How is it that they are trying to fight fate by being fighters which is part of set fate. How is it that there no teachers in this god damn school and are parents just not paying attention and etc.

Again the worst part is that if it would had fun with itself, the plot hole would be less noticeable and hurt the show less, but nope take it seriously. That be like watching a hentai without the sex and just the plot, people don't watch it for the god damn plot so just focus on what you promised.
Mar 19, 2017 3:48 PM

Jun 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
AltoRoark said:

Lelouch's Geass rule is a self-imposed mechanic whose purpose is to limit the storytelling in one way. Nothing prevents the storytellers from breaking it, pulling an ad hoc reason and coming up with a great story.

There is no reason to obey that law completely. You can always break it and explain why. If this seems weird to you, remember that the world is a weird place and laws always end up being wrong. We have no reason to think the characters are authorities on anything.

It wouldn't be a plot hole if they explained why. It would be if the rule was broken without any reason whatsoever.
Mar 20, 2017 12:32 PM

May 2015
AltoRoark said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

It wouldn't be a plot hole if they explained why. It would be if the rule was broken without any reason whatsoever.

What kind of 'why' do you want? Does the mechanism has any meaning? Is talking about neuro-transmitters meaningful or interesting?
Mar 20, 2017 1:38 PM

Jun 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
AltoRoark said:

What kind of 'why' do you want? Does the mechanism has any meaning? Is talking about neuro-transmitters meaningful or interesting?

I legitimately don't know what you're asking here. If the reasoning for going against the rule is logical, then it's reason enough. Otherwise it wouldn't make any sense and would feel contrived and unnatural.
Mar 20, 2017 2:09 PM

Sep 2013
mattao313 said:
Gants has quite a few I would say its better as a comedy anyway tho.

Should've read the manga instead bro :/
Mar 21, 2017 12:09 PM

May 2015
AltoRoark said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

I legitimately don't know what you're asking here. If the reasoning for going against the rule is logical, then it's reason enough. Otherwise it wouldn't make any sense and would feel contrived and unnatural.

The Geass doesn't exist. It only controls people because the creators wrote a scene which goes BZZZZZT and suddenly the character does whatever Lelouch asks.

So I'm asking what kind of 'rules' does it break - does it set up a theme and ignore/bury it? Do you want to know the neuro explanation of it? What kind of explanation do you want?

I can explain to you either that the Force in Star Wars is some bacteria in the brains that gives them power. I can also explain to you the meaning behind it. What kind do you want?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - 2 hours ago

14 by BilboBaggins365 »»
42 seconds ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 4 hours ago

21 by MichaelJackson »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Yesterday

33 by W3TFT »»
8 minutes ago

» im kinda new to anime

thefoxkiller12 - Apr 29, 2022

18 by MichaelJackson »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 2 hours ago

6 by FanofAction »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.