Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kemono Friends
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2017 11:00 AM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So this time we got some horror or at least the characters did.
Seems the hologram was pretty effective at scaring them and they learned something of the past.
Well it will be nice to see what will happen next seeing the cliffhanger.
Mar 14, 2017 1:22 PM

Apr 2013
i want to stay at the lodge in japari park with friends
Mar 14, 2017 1:51 PM

Nov 2009
Looks like Racoon and Fennec are catching up. But what will they do about a boat?

I wonder what made Serval forget Mirai-san?
Mar 14, 2017 2:06 PM

Jun 2015
So the thing that was scaring everyone was a hologram. Serval was in it, but she didn't know she was. They found a boat and Kaban wants to cross the ocean to find the humans.
Mar 14, 2017 2:13 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Wait....WHAT??? That was so much to take in.

So there was a Cerulean outbreak long ago. And Mirai had no chance but to leave the island. There's also another Serval back then. Was Serval crying cause there were more of her? So can we assume that humans just left the island and the animals died?

That would explain why the Sandstar is spitting out these ''Friends'' and we got confirmation this episode that it can transform the dead.

Still there's so much mystery in this left, especially surrounding Kaban-chan as to why she came out as human. Is she the new Mirai? But why did she come out and why does she cause trouble according to Raccoon? Also why was there a cerulean outbreak in the first place? So...much...to take in.
Mar 14, 2017 2:30 PM

Aug 2015
and it just KEEPS GETTING BETTER
Crying Serval really got me.
Mar 14, 2017 3:04 PM

Sep 2011
I really wanted Giraffe to start talking about starfish.

Really eager what's really happening.
Mar 14, 2017 3:23 PM

Mar 2013
It seems that Mirai's story didn't end up well, seeing how Kaban wears her ruined hat. And I wonder, who was that another serval. Since she had a different VA (Ai Nonaka, who also voiced Giraffe in this episode... and also voiced Serval in the game), I assume she is a completely different Friend.
Mar 14, 2017 3:26 PM

Jul 2012
Damn that cliffhanger

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Mar 14, 2017 3:43 PM

Apr 2008
That scene with the hologram teared me up a little ;_;
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Mar 14, 2017 3:44 PM

Sep 2013
Ai Nonaka! And holy shit this episode was cool. Can't wait to see the next.
Mar 14, 2017 6:46 PM

Nov 2012
Crying Serval makes me cry too. Definitely one of the most sad scenes in anime.
Mar 14, 2017 9:11 PM

Dec 2013
AntonKutovoi said:
It seems that Mirai's story didn't end up well, seeing how Kaban wears her ruined hat. And I wonder, who was that another serval. Since she had a different VA (Ai Nonaka, who also voiced Giraffe in this episode... and also voiced Serval in the game), I assume she is a completely different Friend.

She had a different VA but when Serval started crying I took it as that she was remembering something subconscious that her active memory forgot.

It got me too ;_; especially with her surprised reaction not understanding why it happened. This show is so great on so many levels, I'm glad its getting a lot of attention in Japan
Mar 14, 2017 10:15 PM

Nov 2009
Smudy said:
Wait....WHAT??? That was so much to take in.

So there was a Cerulean outbreak long ago. And Mirai had no chance but to leave the island.

There's also another Serval back then. Was Serval crying cause there were more of her?

I think it's because it's the same Serval. Either she forgot for some reason, or the previous Serval died/reverted to animal form, and the new one was resurrected from her remains. Either way, it may have been tragic for Mirai, that's why she does not interact with the new Serval.

Smudy said:
So can we assume that humans just left the island and the animals died?

Apparently, Mirai was last seen making a last-ditch assault on the big cerulean with a group of Friends. Since there are no big ceruleans menacing the park, and Mirai is not seen anywhere either, we can assume Mirai won, but was gravely wounded or something like that.

Smudy said:
Still there's so much mystery in this left, especially surrounding Kaban-chan as to why she came out as human. Is she the new Mirai? But why did she come out and why does she cause trouble according to Raccoon?

It seems that Kaban-chan is a Friend born when Sandstar interacted with Mirai's hat. Raccoon is worried because Mirai's hat went missing, and it is important for some reason.
Mar 14, 2017 10:18 PM

Jan 2015
Miss Wolf really like to teasing everyone with some ghost story isn't she? But it won't be long until she experienced the "paranormal activity" herself. LOL
So it seems that Serval also got suffer from some memory-loss just like Bag-chan too, huh?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 14, 2017 10:23 PM

Nov 2009
Mascera said:
Miss Wolf really like to teasing everyone with some ghost story isn't she? But it won't be long until she experienced the "paranormal activity" herself. LOL

The wolf who cried wolf. Ironic.
Mar 15, 2017 12:35 AM

Feb 2012
Ohh shit, I wonder if this anime really is going to have some dark plot twist.
New friends are born when animals, or the remains of animals come into contact with sandstar. What if Kaban is actually Mirai reborn as a friend? Maybe both Mirai and Serval died from the cerulean attack, and they both reincarnated when their remains touched sandstar. It would explain how Serval lost her memories of Mirai, and kind of touching that they found each other and became best friends again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2017 12:18 PM

Jul 2012
Great episode with lots of new details. I was a little bummed giraffe wasn't significantly taller than the other friends.
Mar 15, 2017 6:48 PM

Jan 2017
Yeah there's definitely something fucking weird going on..

So sandstar basically revives dead friends, which is a little unsettling in its own. That means Kaban was hella a corpse before all of this.

Something I found interesting was that Mirai had a pretty similar hat to Kaban in that hologram. Also the position (both on right side) and color of the feather Kaban has on her hat was very similar, if not the same. That could mean Kaban is the revived Mirai maybe??

To back up that claim, I found out that the Park Guide (now confirmed Mirai) in the game was voiced by Uchida Aya

None other than Kabans voice actor in the show.

Not to ALSO mention that Mirai's AND Lucky Beasts voices in the credits are marked "???"

Sorry haha I'm probably looking way too into this but it's certainly intriguing.
bats are just rat angels
Mar 15, 2017 8:25 PM
Dec 2014
If everyone else already noticed this I'll feel kinda silly, but it seems like most of the characters have wire frame silhouettes during the credits. Might just be aesthetics but still kinda weird. Serval-chan seems to be at the end next to the ferris wheel.
Mar 16, 2017 7:38 AM

Jun 2013
This was so good, why do i have a feeling that this is about to end really sadly though :(
Mar 16, 2017 3:25 PM

Jan 2017
Shphuckler said:
If everyone else already noticed this I'll feel kinda silly, but it seems like most of the characters have wire frame silhouettes during the credits. Might just be aesthetics but still kinda weird. Serval-chan seems to be at the end next to the ferris wheel.

yeah a few other people noticed this.

https://imgur.com/lGAYwjn

here's a diagram that shows which characters they all (supposedly) are. but I think it's pretty clear
bats are just rat angels
Mar 17, 2017 12:41 AM

Mar 2014
fk man that cliffhanger sounds like a volcanic eruption
Mar 17, 2017 9:27 PM

Jul 2012
Just two more episodes to go.... I think we are gonna be close to the answer. Who knew a anime about meeting several cute kemonomimi could have something so deep. I admit that I wept after I saw Several-chan crying (and confused).... ;;

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Mar 19, 2017 4:26 AM

May 2016
dang i was not ready for this eps development,
was expecting another serval-is-dead-again joke, but i got hit by a feels-train instead
Mar 19, 2017 4:53 PM

Oct 2011
Sooo...

hopefully next week Idiot and Smug Fox will meet with Kaban and Serval. Than it might be a bit clearer what's going on - so far it seems that Kaban is a human Friend created from Sandstar and Mirai's hat, which she might have lost during fight (Arai speaks about hat-thief and Kaban as two separate people but she is also kind of dense).

Serval got her own mystery. but since we've already had more than one generation of penguins it might be logical that other Friends have gone through the same. her reaction is weird thou... being Cerval might have sense (if what Wolf spoke was true). better option than reverting back to animal and than back to being a Friend. that would be sad. or she is indeed a goat as Giraffe said.

I liked both Giraffe and Wolf.

also are they setting up stuff for second season? Arai was talking about going somewhere undergound and talking/finding four gods (which are in the game). now it seems we are going near the ocean so it might be too little time for it. but she is also stupid, so who knows.
Mar 20, 2017 12:50 AM

Oct 2008
That hologram is from another human...just like Kaban-chan...

Mar 30, 2017 5:48 PM

May 2010
The wolf was fun. I basically adore the pvs.
Apr 1, 2017 1:32 AM
Mar 2012
flannan said:
Mascera said:

The wolf who cried wolf. Ironic.

Cool how this show makes endearing characters in just 1 episode. Wolf & giraffe moments were quite fun, and giraffe went from badmouthing the mangaka to fangirling.

that Autism Quiet Room
Please don't eat me!
Wolf hinting Bag might be a self-unaware Cerulean, scary.
Cerulean = inorganic+sandstar
Friends = organic
Lots of info, outbreak, Mirai came to the island by plane, evacuation etc.

So, Bagchan is a cerulean from Mirai's hat (green feather, missing the 2nd white one)?
Serval is... amnesic? Or a revived zombie cat? It's getting dark fast.
Apr 1, 2017 2:31 AM

Nov 2009
gophercg said:
that Autism Quiet Room

Autism has no relation to that room. It's all about Friends who like to live underground.

gophercg said:
So, Bagchan is a cerulean from Mirai's hat (green feather, missing the 2nd white one)?

You will get your answers in a few episodes. Don't worry, they are not too dark.
Apr 1, 2017 1:39 PM
Mar 2012
flannan said:
gophercg said:
that Autism Quiet Room

Autism has no relation to that room. It's all about Friends who like to live underground.

gophercg said:

You will get your answers in a few episodes. Don't worry, they are not too dark.

Actually it has, and often in popculture as comedy. And explored more seriously like in Temple Grandin's hug box invention. A mall even created a resting place for autism kids literally called "the quiet room". This isn't the thread to talk about it in detail tho.

Cool, I'll get there. It's one of the best for this season.
Apr 10, 2017 2:00 PM

May 2012
Pretty interesting episode actually, especially that ending! Let's see what the last two episodes will offer!
May 7, 2017 1:53 PM

Sep 2013
Lodge place mystery that urns out to be boss's mirai projection.
Looks like serval died once and came back without memories :O
May 7, 2017 2:50 PM

Jun 2010
Epic episode
---------------
May 30, 2017 8:30 PM

Dec 2012
LMAO Serval didn't even say hello. Just walks up to you and says what are you doing?
Hello, Grey Wolf.
She's working on a manga? Wife her even more now.
LMAO at Serval eating the Japari buns.
So that's Mirai.
WTF! Serval?
Serval's crying?
I'll miss you Grey Wolf.
What was that noise?
It was the eruption.

I admit. I'm getting nervous now.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 11, 2017 2:20 AM

Jan 2015
So it wasn't a ghost but just Mirai-san
Jun 20, 2017 11:15 PM

Jan 2016
All the theories I read here are hyping me up...and also creeping me out.
Jul 14, 2017 9:03 AM

Apr 2015
If this show had a genuine plot twist of Serval being a goat this whole time, it would immediately go in my top 10.

The wolf girl is probably a great writer; she got very detailed talking about Cerulean/scaring the other Friends.

"One day, this will be used as a park guide..." This implies that there are still humans around, yes? Unless they plan to use Kaban to repopulate the Earth. Though that would be difficult, since, y'know...where the hell are the guys?

False alarm on the ghost. Bad news about the giant Cerulean.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Nov 28, 2017 1:32 PM
Sep 2015
Gray Wolf is my favourite! (even though she got introduced today)
Giraffe thought that Serval was a goat (not even close)

"The ghost" was Mirai's hologram.
This anime is slowly turning into a mystery
Jan 6, 2018 5:25 PM

Jun 2013
I have a strange feeling that something bad is going to happen at the end, or there's going to be some crazy plot twist and Kaban will end up leaving the park. But Serval did put the suggestion out there that they could live together like Prairie Dog and Beaver. I'm hoping that's the ending we'll get!
Oct 26, 2018 12:31 AM

Jan 2010
Feels like Kemono Friends has consistently hints at or reveals something important, then skips ahead to some aside to distract people from thinking any further. Seriously, this show is far more mysterious than it has any right to be. That cliffhanger too by the way, wow.
Jan 19, 2019 7:30 AM

Oct 2007
They managed to pull of a basic mystery story.. with 5 people stuck together in a house on rainy weather. Anyway, mystery solved.
Jan 30, 2019 4:55 PM

Nov 2013
Nice closed circle episode. The ghost was Mirai's hologram after all.

I wonder if Mirai died during the last effort to defeat the cerulean and how Serval is related to her. How she suddenly teared up was sad.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 31, 2021 3:44 AM

Feb 2020
More interesting info about Ceruleans and Mirai.

Gray Wolf's ghost stories were amusing. It's cool how she's a mangaka.

So, the ghost was actually Mirai's hologram.

Crying Serval made me sad. :(

The story is getting even more mysterious.

SerafosDec 24, 2023 7:21 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono Friends Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Jan 10, 2017

82 by BlueCrowned »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:14 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends Episode 3 Discussion

Aversa - Jan 24, 2017

39 by HatsuneYugi39 »»
Jul 24, 2022 3:16 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aversa - Mar 28, 2017

134 by Mat2468xk »»
May 21, 2022 5:35 AM

» Terrible first episode?

ShadowMonkey - Aug 23, 2018

3 by WatchTillTandava »»
May 12, 2022 1:04 AM

Poll: » Kemono Friends Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Smudy - Mar 21, 2017

80 by ouenji-juusu »»
Feb 22, 2022 12:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.