Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2017 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
DEAD END

This episode felt awkward although seeing Koyori talk more gives her a more confident feel. Tazuna and Koyori also go on a short date of sorts. I think this episode was a more relaxing buildup. Koyori's changed quite a bit since she first debuted. Hm, I guess we'll be learning something about Makihara hasn't revealed yet?
Stark700Mar 14, 2017 10:23 AM
Mar 14, 2017 10:49 AM

Jun 2015
Nothing much happened, expect until the end. Tazuna and Koyori are working part time. The guy with the glasses is a Hand Shaker and the girl with him looks a lot like Koyori. We'll be learning more about that next episode.
Mar 14, 2017 10:57 AM

Jan 2015
Tazuna is afraid about the chance that he may can't hold Koyori's hand anymore. Mean this is the time to do some activity together while they can. XD
I guess the next one is a final battle? Or maybe just some more "secret" revealed about Koyori's past.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 14, 2017 11:10 AM

Jun 2013
Aww Koyori want's to stay with Tazuna even when they don't need to hold hands. :3
I liked their talk about the future. I hope they really do get to stay together.

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Mar 14, 2017 11:48 AM

Aug 2015
I kinda smirked for a fraction of a second at one of the attempted jokes in this episode, now I hate myself.
Mar 14, 2017 12:26 PM
Mar 2017
They managed to make an episode that wasn't horrible. I'm surprised.
Mar 14, 2017 1:11 PM
Mar 2016
DEAD END EMPEROR, now c'mon is pronouncing it a tongue twister for them Japs ?

Looks like Kodama is still an idol wanna be, but it seems she getting closer in being one, so is that little girl related to Kiyori , revelation next week.
Mar 14, 2017 2:18 PM

Jun 2014
I was about to complain that they wasted an entire episode on absolute pointless fluff (like episode 7) but then something somewhat interesting actually happened at the end. Still, according to the synopsis, the top Hand Shaker duo is supposed to "meet and challenge God," but there's only 2 episodes left. If that's still going to happen, I can only imagine how rushed the ending will most likely be, since they still need to deal with the glasses dude and this Koyori lookalike. But honestly, this anime is beyond saving anyway so who cares.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 14, 2017 3:07 PM
Jan 2012
I love how they were just /in a building near the station/ (Cuz you know, saying you're in the shopping mall is far too hard to say) and Makihara knew exactly where they were.

----

And the whole dialogue moment when Makihara was talking and they took the phone call, what was that even about?

If she can speak, that means... and then that castle in the ziggurat... her language abilities themselves weren't lost

----

Please someone translate, it would make sense if it wasn't for the castle line
Nyan!
Mar 14, 2017 3:54 PM

Feb 2014
Seeing Tazuna and Koyori working part-time at the restaurant was a bit more enjoyable than last week's whole fight against Kodama. Normally it would be the other way round, but with this show, it isn't. =/

Still, seeing Koyori smiling and talking with others more is refreshing. I like this version of her more now. =)

However, the guy with specs arrives again with someone who looks very closely to Koyori. He has some history with Makihara which looks pretty interesting. My worry is that with two episodes left, fitting this flashback with the two guys, along with why Koyori and this new girl are very similar and then the final battle before meeting god, I think a few things here and there will be rushed in order to get the key story points across.

I'm hoping GoHands doesn't screw up the ending here...
Mar 14, 2017 4:39 PM

May 2015
Another pointless episode, except for maybe the ending. Nothing new here.

Mar 14, 2017 5:18 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
ok, clearly this was on purpose https://myanimelist.net/character/64627/Anna_Kushina but the mindfuck was still real
Mar 14, 2017 6:33 PM

Sep 2015
Ive seen enough anime to see where this might go. Already had this idea a few episodes ago but I think it might end in a sad way for Koyori who may die or disappear. I have a feeling that this will happen because of the pictures they took. I can imagine Tazuna in the future looking at a framed pic of Koyori and Koyori not existing in the world anymore(kinda cliche). I really hope this doesnt happen. Also Hayate X Chizuru ftw!
Mar 14, 2017 6:57 PM

Dec 2016
I was enjoying the nice peaceful time they were having working and socializing with the other hand shakers.

My first job was kitchenhand so that brought back a lot of memories.

Very much looking forward to the next episode so too what happened in the past.
Mar 14, 2017 8:53 PM

Apr 2009
This show seems to have gotten somewhat maybe arguably possibly a bit better since Koyori started to talk. Why not sooner, I ask.

Oishii foodz made a comeback finally. LOL.

Even though nothing much happened till the end of the episode, I still think that this show is slightly better when they're all just doing something other than fighting. Especially when it's anything related to umai foodz.

That being said, whatever happened near the end, that big revelation, should've happened a while ago and not now. This show is dragging its feet too much in a mud. What it needs is more stuffs to move the plot along, not some silly shenanigans like "DEAD END EMPERAHHH!!1 LOL!1"

Hinata said:
Ive seen enough anime to see where this might go. Already had this idea a few episodes ago but I think it might end in a sad way for Koyori who may die or disappear. I have a feeling that this will happen because of the pictures they took. I can imagine Tazuna in the future looking at a framed pic of Koyori and Koyori not existing in the world anymore(kinda cliche). I really hope this doesnt happen. Also Hayate X Chizuru ftw!

Or maybe just end in a cliff hanger? "Oh the noez! De fainaru shoodoun!! Tune in... never for the conclusion!" Hah.
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Mar 14, 2017 9:24 PM

Dec 2014
AvidAnimeViewer said:
I kinda smirked for a fraction of a second at one of the attempted jokes in this episode, now I hate myself.

Same, minus the hating myself part. The show needs all the positives it can get.

Of the episode in general, it felt really pointless. The fact that nothing really bad production-wise happened besides the awkward fade cuts as if they skimped on animation kind of is a con in the sense that nothing made me laugh at it. If the show were to market itself as a simple slice of life, it'd probably score better but nooo.
I need sleep.
Mar 15, 2017 11:17 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Okay episode I guess.....I'm curious to learn about the truth of this whole thing though
Mar 15, 2017 12:22 PM
Jul 2013
EcchiLordMamster said:
ok, clearly this was on purpose https://myanimelist.net/character/64627/Anna_Kushina but the mindfuck was still real
Not only that but the guy the new girl is with has Mikoto's voice actor...
Mar 15, 2017 1:45 PM

Jun 2016
This episode felt so boring. Only something interesting happened at the end.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Mar 15, 2017 8:00 PM
Jun 2016
WOAH, WOAH, WOAH!!! What is up with that preview?!
Koyori and Mayumi are possible sister?? Is it?? HUH... WHAT!!

Also Hand shakers has been a while for quite some time!! Wait I need to digest the preview first.

So in this episode Tazuna and Koyori is getting a job from Chizuru and Hayate. As we all know Koyori know can speak and is much more open to her friends like Masaru and Lily. We get to met up with the Kodama and Hibiki again at their live concert. One thing I like about the series is that once a hand shakers is defeated. They still can find happiness together even though they can't meet god and can't get their wishes. Maybe finally we can get some info on why and how did Koyori get the scar cause I was wondering when they are bring that up again.

We only have 2 more episodes left in the series. Let's hope GoHand don't screw up and do some unnecessary things like what they did for K and Coppelion
Mar 17, 2017 6:15 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
With Kodama now defeated feels like Tazuna and Koyori is now approaching their goal. Koyori is ten times cuter now that she is able to speak though. Something that me and Chizuru can agree on here. Koyori and Tazuna really do look like a couple though and i think that they will make a good one. Makihara's reaction to hearing that Koyori has regained her voice was funny though but im sure he is overjoyed that this is happening. Lol Tazuna telling Koyori that Makihara's realized that there is something wrong with himself. That was hillarious. It was cute seeing both say and express the same feelings though. Just like a couple should. Hmm a part time definitely would be a good thing for both of them but especially for Koyori as it would allow her to encounter and meet more people and make her more confident in speaking. Koyori really does look cute in that uniform. Koyori and Tazuna really make a good combo when they are working though. Their experience in battle plus the bond that they built since they met really helps them here. Its nice seeing them use their bond for something other than combat though.

Well if Chizuru thought that they would only get in the way then she wouldn't have recommended you for the job after all. And its not like you two are getting in the way. The bond that you share makes it easy for you two to work together. The school festival proved that you two can work pretty well when you are together after all. It must have been quite to a shock to see how much Koyori has changed though. She can now cook reasonably well and at the same time able to express her own thoughts through speech. Its a interesting analogy that Hayate used in that part time work is similar to hard shakers getting to know each other. The thought that someday they would have to let go of each other though is kinda sad. Hand shakers in the end is just one aspect of life after all. Even after losing their life would continue. But despite losing to them its nice to see that Hayate and Chizuru bare no ill feelings towards Koyori and Tazuna. Loved the interaction between Chizuru and Hayate though. They are really hillarious. Koyori's reply to Chizuru's reaction and Chizuru's reaction though was cute. Definitely abuse of power on Chizuru's part lol. Hmm a visit from Riri and her brother eh. Its nice that Koyori regards Riri as a dear friend though. Though they were enemies once they are now fast friends.

Riri and her brother have a amusing relationship but its nice to see that her brother does care for her as well. Its cute seeing them interact though. Masaru's cool name being derailed by Chizuru though lol. Still its nice to see that even after facing each other in battle that they can remain friends. Hmm after a hard days work a date is just what Koyori and Tazuna should go on. Great opportunity as well. Lol Hayate blushing as well as Koyori and Tazuna. It seems this episode is focused on tying up the feelings that their various opponents have after they were beaten by Tazuna and Koyori. Its nice to see Kodama did not give up her dream in the end and is still singing while supported by her manager. Its nice to see that both Tazuna and Koyori actually enjoyed Kodama's songs after they saw her performance. Meeting all of these former enemies who are now dear friends is a good thing as it allows both Koyori and Tazuna to form good memories. If they continue to win then they would be able to reach god sooner but at the same time it would also mean that they will get closer to being separated as well. Yet at the same time they can't afford to lose either as doing so would cause Koyori to vanish as well.
Quite the problem here. The future here really is uncertain. Still it's nice to see Koyori's wish is stay with Tazuna though. Hmm so the final pair of handshakers finally appears eh and as expected its the suit guy. Hmm still that guys partner really looks elegant in that kimono. And she looks very similar to Koyori as well something that Koyori also notices. Hmm the final battle looks to be pretty interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2017 5:49 PM
Mar 2012
smiling talking Koyori
Work & date quite nice, esp the future talk.
Hayate & Chizuru talk more sensible now, did they get a brain transplant or fire the earlier dialogue writer?
Lily less annoying, she apparently texted Koyori something. They confirmed again they're different (parents).
"Twin" finally here.
"Deeper"? How deep? Makihara was a gay handshaker? Supposedly the antagonist pair was dead but got revived somehow.
food
Mar 18, 2017 4:46 PM

Jul 2015
Well it sucks that this boring episode had to get interesting right at the very end.. that last shot was definitely quite something. And can we please not see any more of that incestuous relationship plssssss

caught in the wonder
Mar 19, 2017 10:26 AM

Jun 2013
Very good and sweet episode, the ending also has me very intrigued.
Mar 20, 2017 12:22 AM

Oct 2008
what a cool revelation!
so Koyori & Mayumi are both subjects Hand Shakers and the Makihara & Nagaoka are also partners huh?
i wonder what's the truth that they didn't say to Tazuna...
4/5.

Mar 28, 2017 12:34 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was full of meh scenario.I didn't like this at all.Stupid Go Hands!
Apr 1, 2017 3:05 PM

Feb 2013
ZOMG TWINS!

Filler episode. That sounds like an interesting exhibit though.
May 24, 2017 8:52 PM

Mar 2015
At least the music's nice!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 3, 2017 12:48 AM

Feb 2015
Now that Koyori has broken out of her shell and is able to communicate better her and Tazuna have been developing into a pretty cute couple. Their blank acceptance of all the kinky couples around them was amusing between incestuous couple and the dom/sub publicly spanking - they just needed the bondage group to round things out haha. I'm curious to see what will develop in terms of the back story with Makihara's ex-Hand Shaker and Mayumi.

Jul 27, 2020 6:37 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Its only the background before something hot happened on the next. The plot was quite stupid to built up the storyline on this episode, i think. The transition somehow felt missed in some point. Atleast now the progression finally reach its peak, after a long circle in the beginning. Yeah, the truth over Koyori's existencies on the world. Her background story, finally. Its a bit late, i am gonna say the truth here. But, its okay. Whatever. Better late than nothing, eh? Thats it.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 1, 2023 11:43 AM

Dec 2022
Koyori has a sister then? What event caused them to be split up, I wonder.

Shaded Horizon

Jan 8, 9:02 PM

Dec 2019
Oh boy, this plot just keeps getting worse.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2017

73 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 6, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2017

113 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 4, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2017

368 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 4, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2017

76 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 1, 2023 1:29 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2017

34 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 1, 2023 12:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.