Forum Settings
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 13, 2017 8:22 PM
Dec 2012
I know this may come off as a rant, and u're right it is!! I'm on chapter 48 and I've found this Manga to be a little ......MMEEHHH😕. I have found some scenes funny and touching but overall I've been struggling to get through each chapter. I know that it's a SOL Manga and that it's geared more towards guys than gals, but I'm finding this Manga to be a bit boring. I'm not anxious to read the next chapter as I was hoping to be since I heard good things about it. I wish they went deeper into Miyamura's younger years, why the piercings?, is it a pain release mechanism like cutting? When will they explain his tattoos? (Who the heck tattoos a middle schooler in the first place!?!?) Why does Hori feel the need to hide herself from her friends? Isn't she just... "Normal"?! What's the big deal about helping ur younger brother and helping around the house?! Hori and Miyamura's relationship is a bit confusing to me, one minute they're just hanging as friends and then the next they are dating? When did that happen, then they have sex out of the blue? And I still can't wrap my head around why in the blazing hell fire would Hori want to be abused by Miyamura?! I'm struggling to connect with these two and find the value in them growing together as people and as a couple..... Should I just stick it out? Does this story get any better?
SenshiKurikoMar 13, 2017 8:48 PM
Mar 13, 2017 8:30 PM

Oct 2013
well its always hard to say if something will get better or not since everyone will have different expectations
but when it comes to me I dropped the manga at chapter 75 as Im just not really feeling any connection to the characters and I felt like that for a long time
so I think its most honest to say the manga will stay more or less the same the more you read on and that if you feel like you should drop it it might be for the best since its not good to force yourself
Mar 17, 2017 3:22 PM

May 2015
People have different tastes which makes it difficult for any series to live up to what other people say about it. You may even find that you enjoy something many others say was terrible. Its all personal preference. I personally very much enjoy this manga, am finding myself waiting for the next chapter, and can even lose myself going back and rereading the entire series. If you are at chapter 48 and have yet to feel any sense of enjoyment from this series its more likely than not that you won't so feel free to drop it. The manga more or less stays the same except for the fact that other characters get some more development. I'm just happy to see someone read so far into a series he doesn't immediately enjoy and even asks to see if anything changes before dropping it.
I am the King, address me as anything less and face the wrath of The Emperor Supreme King
Mar 17, 2017 3:26 PM
Aug 2014
SenshiKuriko said:
I know this may come off as a rant, and u're right it is!! I'm on chapter 48 and I've found this Manga to be a little ......MMEEHHH😕. I have found some scenes funny and touching but overall I've been struggling to get through each chapter. I know that it's a SOL Manga and that it's geared more towards guys than gals, but I'm finding this Manga to be a bit boring. I'm not anxious to read the next chapter as I was hoping to be since I heard good things about it. I wish they went deeper into Miyamura's younger years, why the piercings?, is it a pain release mechanism like cutting? When will they explain his tattoos? (Who the heck tattoos a middle schooler in the first place!?!?) Why does Hori feel the need to hide herself from her friends? Isn't she just... "Normal"?! What's the big deal about helping ur younger brother and helping around the house?! Hori and Miyamura's relationship is a bit confusing to me, one minute they're just hanging as friends and then the next they are dating? When did that happen, then they have sex out of the blue? And I still can't wrap my head around why in the blazing hell fire would Hori want to be abused by Miyamura?! I'm struggling to connect with these two and find the value in them growing together as people and as a couple..... Should I just stick it out? Does this story get any better?

It's the same thing all around. Atleast chapter 55 it gets better
Mar 17, 2017 5:11 PM
Jul 2018
I don't think this manga will continue for much longer anyways. The relationship between Hori and Myamura are pretty much complete. Now, we are just looking at the development between the other side characters and how they deal with it. Like Ishikawa, Shindou. I think it will probably end at around chapter 100 or maximum 125.
Mar 18, 2017 6:49 AM
Nov 2016
I would say Horimiya isn't really aimed at guys...more both genders, and I'm sure it will get better
Going through Tumblr...The dark side of humanity.
Apr 2, 2017 1:33 AM
May 2016
SenshiKuriko said:
later on in the manga the tattoos and the piercings are explained and but I cant tell you if it gets any better. this is one of my favorite mangas here so I have a biased opinion about it
Apr 2, 2017 5:19 AM

Oct 2014
I too feel that the manga is pushing the story too much, and should just end soon.
Apr 3, 2017 8:04 PM

Mar 2016
Kind of funny it's highly rated but like everyone posting in this thread seems Kind of negative besides 1 person.

I think it's an okay story but really not one of my favorites... and I like a lot of romance stories.
The two leads make a good couple it's just the romance shown is Pretty weak.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2017 2:01 AM

Mar 2015
it's nice sol comedy series, but i despise this series drama too much...

at least the drama got less now since chapter 60 onwards anyways so i'll continue it...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 4, 2017 5:10 AM

Sep 2012
I was thinking of picking it up, not so sure now, I can't handle pitiful girl drama anymore(thank you Hana yori dango for being garbage)
May 11, 2017 6:14 PM

Mar 2015
Inferno_Cop said:
I was thinking of picking it up, not so sure now, I can't handle pitiful girl drama anymore(thank you Hana yori dango for being garbage)

the one that bring the drama was the male side (for main pairings)... it does have some really annoying girl drama for side character tho...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

More topics from this board

» Horimiya chapter amount

Volctra - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Volctra »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:52 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Chapter 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2013

22 by DENISE_DARDEN »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:01 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Chapter 44 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2014

22 by Vhailor »»
Sep 29, 2023 2:16 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Chapter 41 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2014

16 by Vhailor »»
Sep 29, 2023 9:41 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Chapter 2 Discussion

Insidious - Sep 13, 2012

23 by OnigirisBasket »»
Sep 25, 2023 5:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.