Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Onihei Episode 10 Discussion


#1
Mar 13, 10:30 AM
News Team
Online
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 97599
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I almost forgot this show has a thing for revenge and vengeance.

Pretty thrilling episode. All the events from the first half led to execution of the plan in the second. Except though, not everything goes according to plan lol
 
#2
Mar 13, 11:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 1717
That one guy is a scumbag for framing Isotaro. His parents drowned themselves because of what happened to their son. Wasuke couldn't deal with it any longer and decided to rob the guy out of revenge. It was successful and Kozuya went bankrupt. This was a nice revenge story.
 
#3
Mar 14, 12:31 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 51
Such a tragic tale, yet a very satisfying ending. "Look, Yoshitaro. It's the snow you love." Totally teared up at that point. Another great episode.
 
#4
Mar 14, 1:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 5164
This is probably the most tragic thing I've seen all year.....I feel endless remorse for Wasuke, Isotaro and his parents

What those company guys did to them was beyond fucked up and that new owner deserved worse than death.....Fuck that guy and I'm glad that the company went to shit

The ending was very nice though, sad but very nice....Amazing episode yet again this week
 
#5
Mar 14, 1:20 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 29
Jaslen said:
Such a tragic tale, yet a very satisfying ending. "Look, Yoshitaro. It's the snow you love." Totally teared up at that point. Another great episode.


Unexpected line that definitely killed me inside. To me, Hasegawa, aka Onihei, has a moral compass above the law. Kozuya was already one of the Edo period black companies, and Hasegawa knew to wait long enough for the revenge plan to really do what it was worth. Whether the thieves were caught after that are unknown to us, but the "real villains" were.
 
#6
Mar 14, 9:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 248
depression is hard in this episode...3 suicides ..and on top of it the kid fell asleep listening to such story , that's commendable.



 
#7
Mar 14, 10:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 563
ah, sweet revenge :)
Great episode!
 
#8
Mar 14, 5:06 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 3291
Damn it, this was such a beautiful yet very tragic episode. I felt really sorry for Wasuke, ugh! Poor man didn't deserve this ;__;....

Good thing the filthy bastards went bankrupt.
 
#9
Mar 14, 8:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2876
This episode really escalated quickly, but it left me satisfied in the end. I would have liked it if the jackass that framed Isotaro died, but hearing that they went bankrupt is just as good I suppose.
 
Mar 14, 9:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 3460
Was hoping that fucker would drown too for some poetic justice. That boat scene was beautiful. Framing it with Ojun's storytime was kind of pointless though.
Sieg Zeon!
 
Mar 14, 10:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 3353
Great episode as always. Tragic but at the end it was really beautiful.

Fell really bad for Isotaro and his parents, that master of Kozuya was pure scum. He needed to die. Well, at least the company went bankrupt.

The final scene with Wasuke tearing up the contracts and the illumination of the ryo that was being dumped into the river was really beautiful but sad at the same time. :(
 
Mar 15, 12:03 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 4019
Man, I feel really, really sorry for Wasuke. The only time that his son needed him, he had a chance to redeem himself as father figure (he was his true dad) and his advice cost his son his life and as a result of that event Isotaro’s foster parent decided to not endure all of that despair/pain of losing a son and ended up committing suicide too... not only that his friends also died too because of that advice... talk about a situation is not in your favor and becomes stressful or unfortunate. #Misfortune

The Irony here is that his advice was the correct one but it didn’t go as he planned:

"Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit."
― Napoleon Hill

The problem here was that Wasuke didn’t know that the successor the sleazeball was envious of Isotaro and discredited him, using underhanded methods to secure his spot in the company typical of a man without honor. He went bankrupt and I’m glad but... he caused 4 persons to die (Isotaro, both of his parents and Wasuke [his real dad] because all of the despair combined with doing his final heist) I wish he would suffered more…

BlackstarFallen said:
That one guy is a scumbag for framing Isotaro. His parents drowned themselves because of what happened to their son. Wasuke couldn't deal with it any longer and decided to rob the guy out of revenge. It was successful and Kozuya went bankrupt. This was a nice revenge story.
+1

Jaslen said:
Such a tragic tale, yet a very satisfying ending. "Look, Yoshitaro. It's the snow you love." Totally teared up at that point. Another great episode.
This...

Tokoya said:
What those company guys did to them was beyond fucked up and that new owner deserved worse than death.....Fuck that guy and I'm glad that the company went to shit

The ending was very nice though, sad but very nice....Amazing episode yet again this week
+1

YellaTurtle said:


Unexpected line that definitely killed me inside. To me, Hasegawa, aka Onihei, has a moral compass above the law. Kozuya was already one of the Edo period black companies, and Hasegawa knew to wait long enough for the revenge plan to really do what it was worth. Whether the thieves were caught after that are unknown to us, but the "real villains" were.
Amazing deduction, YellaTurtle... worthy of an officer of the Arson Theft Control.

Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode as always. Tragic but at the end it was really beautiful.

Fell really bad for Isotaro and his parents, that master of Kozuya was pure scum. He needed to die. Well, at least the company went bankrupt.

The final scene with Wasuke tearing up the contracts and the illumination of the ryo that was being dumped into the river was really beautiful but sad at the same time. :(
I concur especially with the pure scum needed to die part of your post...
 
Mar 15, 6:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 95
good episode as always,the ending was 10/10 especially visually,season 2 please
Deep dark fantasies
 
Mar 15, 9:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 1928
I hadn't expected Isotaro committed suicide, but I didn't enjoyed it as much when their "parents" does it too. Maybe it was to drive more Wasuke to do an evil to Kozuya, but I still don't like it. But overall still a good episode
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.
 
Mar 15, 10:47 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1642
Really beautiful and tragic episode, and probably not the best bedtime story for a little girl. Gosh Tetsu! XD

The scenery in Onihei has been one of its strongest aspects, but it was especially gorgeous this episode. I loved when Wasuke and co. poured all the Ryo into the water and it started glowing beneath the surface.

Really though, Tetsu is quite something- turning up late on purpose!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Mar 17, 12:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4478
There are also some good thieves!
This episode was a bit tragic because Wasuke wasn't able to save his own true son.
But his revenge was also done satisfyingly!
Another great episode! I have nothing more to say.
5/5.
 
Mar 17, 8:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 4
I loved this episode, and although it didn't involve Hasegawa much it is easily one of my favourites so far. I wasn't expecting three suicides though, I really felt bad for Wasuke, but I am glad that he seemed content with his revenge and bringing the 'snow' for Isotaro.


 
Mar 18, 12:05 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 32
gosh, culmination of theft in this episode was beautiful. also this episode was not exception in what i find irritating in this show: like i understand that onihei is wise, expierenced and overall good caracter(etc.), but sometimes i feel like they overidealized him, like he knew who was good and who was evil without even knowing the situation, like always. if he actually knew it all along, why he dont just arrest that motherfucker who set him up? i guess there woldnt be a show than
 
Mar 19, 8:26 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 350
ClearPage said:
gosh, culmination of theft in this episode was beautiful. also this episode was not exception in what i find irritating in this show: like i understand that onihei is wise, expierenced and overall good caracter(etc.), but sometimes i feel like they overidealized him, like he knew who was good and who was evil without even knowing the situation, like always. if he actually knew it all along, why he dont just arrest that motherfucker who set him up? i guess there woldnt be a show than


Dumbass

Obviously he never know Isotaro was framed, Wasuke accidentally heard it from the framer himself, the old spy wasn't there.

Even if he knew, they have no evidence or if there is.. I dunno if that's their job "ARSON THEFT CONTROL"
 
Mar 20, 6:36 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 32
kramXD said:

Dumbass

Obviously he never know Isotaro was framed, Wasuke accidentally heard it from the framer himself, the old spy wasn't there.

Even if he knew, they have no evidence or if there is.. I dunno if that's their job "ARSON THEFT CONTROL"

exactly, you idiot. he never knew, but still heavily favors him in comparison with other thieves. at first, why the fuck he intentionally come late. at second he wouldnt tell a story this way, both in terms of knowledge and in terms of respect
 
Mar 20, 5:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 1003
Best episode of the series, by far.

Onihei had consistently presented storylines focusing on revenge, redemption, and remembrance, but with this episode, it felt as if everything Onihei stood for was represented here.

Just an absolutely brilliant work of art.
 
Mar 21, 8:23 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 350
ClearPage said:
kramXD said:

Dumbass

Obviously he never know Isotaro was framed, Wasuke accidentally heard it from the framer himself, the old spy wasn't there.

Even if he knew, they have no evidence or if there is.. I dunno if that's their job "ARSON THEFT CONTROL"

exactly, you idiot. he never knew, but still heavily favors him in comparison with other thieves. at first, why the fuck he intentionally come late. at second he wouldnt tell a story this way, both in terms of knowledge and in terms of respect


God you're stupid

Is this episode is the only episode you watch, have you forgotten episode 1-9? That you couldn't figure out his personality? He's just that kind, pretty sure that news of the three suicides already reached him, if only he knew, he'll probably let him go instead of just going late
 
Mar 22, 2:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 59
that sweet revenge... a really bittersweet episode.. my favourite episode so far..
geez.. this anime is good.. too bad not many people watch it
 
Mar 23, 6:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 854
those guys were such scumbags to be honest, poor guy suicided because of them. I felt for Wasuke this episode, poor guy. that scene at the end where he was lying on torn off contracts was a bliss. Heizo was right when he said he in awe seeing some of the thieves. That's definitely an awe moment.
 
Apr 9, 4:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 6798
It returns an episode whose story is very sad, but it shows again a morality now been lost over time. Pleasant viewing and quite addictive, too. Shame about the designs and animations, which showed decreases of from time to time. Sometimes, revenge has its reason for being there.

Dirty_Four_Eyes said:
ah, sweet revenge :)
Great episode!


I agree!

sefferia_ellis said:
that sweet revenge... a really bittersweet episode.. my favourite episode so far..
geez.. this anime is good.. too bad not many people watch it


Maybe because not many understand the quality of an anime series.
 
Apr 17, 2:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2940
Tragic episode :/. Wasuke lost all his family due to a scumbag boss. Once again in an Onihei episode, it was a sad story. I like how Hasegawa doesn't just make his work, but understand why the thief is doing that.
Beautiful scene on the boat T_T
 
May 18, 8:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2579
The most heartbreaking and most beautiful episode so far.
 
Jun 14, 2:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 2892
This is probably the best episode yet. That asshole should've drowned but his eventual bankruptcy was justice enough
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
 
Sep 7, 7:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 155
It would have been better if the guy that framed Isotaro would have drown too because of trying to get the gold
Karasuno Fight!!!