Forum Settings
Forums
Maga-tsuki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2017 11:37 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well... I guess that's it. The final chapter. And io and behold we actually have a true harem ending on our hands? :o

If only To LOVE-Ru Darkness could've done the same

Pretty decent manga overall by romcom standards. Will definitely be missed
Mar 13, 2017 1:34 AM

Apr 2014
It ended, Harem Ending is always welcome, It's cool that author included Momotan as a wife along the others and did not forget about her, also best girl Akari is Legal Wife FTW!

Overall it was a good series, had it's down parts but still had a good ending, the first arc with the "shared" soul and "keeping contact with reanimation kiss" was way better than the over the top ecchiness that came later imo, though at first it was also amusing until it got over used.

I'll probably reread it whenever I want to have a laugh from the first chapters.
Mar 13, 2017 1:43 AM

Jul 2012
This manga was quite interesting in the beginning, but got very repetitive and boring pretty fast. Therefore the reading became the skimming throught pages. About the ending, don't really know what to say, it simply didn't stand out in any way felt like just average chapter for this manga.
allenjkeMar 14, 2017 1:45 AM
Mar 13, 2017 3:38 AM

Oct 2011
Hmm... maybe it's because I've been waiting for this chapter for so long, but I can't help but be a bit disappointed in this ending. :(

Harem endings are always good, but this time around it feels more like a status-quo. Sure, they may be officially married, but nothing changed.
What the feth did Momo come here for?! She's not even a secondary character, just an annoying pest.
I liked small Izuna better.
I couldn't care less about the other two goddesses.
In the end, Akari was the only one who truly deserved the guy.

I fee almostl bad about it, but I'm going to lower my final score from 8 to 7. :(
Mar 13, 2017 9:09 AM

Sep 2013
He actually got married but still maintained his harem. What a hero for all harem protagonists.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Mar 13, 2017 9:22 AM

Aug 2014
Great ending for once . i'm happy the author didn't give up on his ending like most of them do but damn , it sure is difficult to find a manga with an actual harem ending
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 14, 2017 11:40 AM
Jul 2018
I loved the faces they had on when they got interrupted at night. It was a nice ending, had me laughing a couple of times.
removed-userMar 14, 2017 11:43 AM
Mar 14, 2017 3:39 PM

Mar 2016
I guess it's finally over.
Mar 15, 2017 4:10 AM

May 2014
Well, that ending was quite satisfying.
Mar 15, 2017 2:12 PM

Apr 2014
This is what all harem anime/manga should have ended.
It's good that he marry all the girls, but damn he didn't get some action at all lol.
Anyway, overall better than To-Love-Ru-Darkness ending (such a shame).
9/10
Mar 21, 2017 10:03 PM

Mar 2015
it's fun while it lasted... 7/10
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 28, 2017 10:25 PM

Dec 2014

roflol

& i'm pretty sure Hinata's nape is already penetrated...........
Mar 30, 2017 1:50 PM

Nov 2011
So all the girls won in the end...

I bet no one is surprised. I wanted to see a sexy time chapter though just to see how the manga artist would of done it
May 1, 2017 5:18 PM

Nov 2011
Disappointing ending. It always irks me when the author keeps the status quo to appease to all readers.
Feel free to suggest me new series on my profile or through pm, or send me anything else really and let's have a chat
May 5, 2017 5:46 AM

Nov 2014
I liked this ending. That'd be sad if other girls didn't come back.

Overall it was surprisingly enjoyabe manga. Length was just right, no forced drama, good comedy. I guess ecchi parts and generally art could be better. 7-8/10 for me.
May 11, 2017 9:37 PM

Feb 2013
Fun manga to read, it was funny, good characters, etc. Glad all the girls came back.

8/10
May 15, 2017 7:41 PM

Apr 2011
I liked the first part of this manga then it became so boring after a while, not even the beautiful art style could save it ._.

also I hate harem endings, it's a cheap and easy way to end a series, but considering this manga ending up being purely comedy I guess it was to be expected.
May 28, 2017 9:46 PM

Jan 2014
this is how every harem anime/manga should have ended.
Marry the important one, get the rest later.

If only To Love-Ru done this, my life would be complete.
AbyhapeMay 28, 2017 9:57 PM
Jun 4, 2017 5:30 AM

May 2014
I'll miss this manga so much... Definitely one of the best romcoms I've read ^_^
Jul 21, 2017 7:04 PM
Jun 2016
Loved this manga finished reading today and was satisfied with the ending.
True it got it's ups and downs, but still was enjoyable and a Harem ending is always welcome.
Aug 16, 2017 11:22 PM
Sep 2015
Cockblocked by his harem on on their own wedding night. He's gonna die a virgin, be it from old age or terminal blue balls.

Only girl besides the sister that I really liked was the fox goddess. Actually those were the only two characters I liked.

But it was funny enough overall, 7/10.

Abyhape said:
this is how every harem anime/manga should have ended.
Marry the important one, get the rest later.

What are you talking about? He married them all at the same time, none of them came "later" (besides coming later to, yet again, cockblock him)
Aug 18, 2017 4:50 PM

Sep 2014
Loved the manga and thrilled that the mangaka didn't pussy out of a harem ending like some did...

Really enjoyed the story and it never seriously disappointed me, so I'll give it a 9/10.
CasyleAug 19, 2017 10:58 AM
Aug 31, 2017 1:46 PM

Jul 2014
While I was on Akari's team the entire time, I was somewhat happy and ok with how it ended, Akari still got the MC's love, everyone is like package extra family to them.
Nov 2, 2017 1:56 PM

Aug 2013
He ended up having a great harem. At least Akari is his legal wife.

Good series and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. 8/10.

Nov 8, 2017 7:22 PM

Dec 2015
I'm really glad this concluded in a harem ending, although I didn't expect Momo-tan to be among the wives.

Overall this manga was such a blast, amazingly hilarious and entertaining, this is the most creative and funny harem manga I've ever read. 10/10 and adding it to my favorites.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 25, 2017 10:00 AM

Apr 2014
Random Thoughts:
That's the best harem ending! And all the girls was back and they are all still friends!
And most of all the chosen girl was the childhood friend which was rarely gets chosen! I'm so happy!
But damn it, even though I just read this for 12 hours I'm missing it already! Well anyway I'll rate this an 8 out 10 score overall!
Haters always gonna hate.
Jan 5, 2018 3:24 PM

Jan 2015
Another cancer harem with cancer harem ending. So good!
Jan 5, 2018 3:25 PM

Jan 2015
Mezo-RPWPA said:
Great ending for once . i'm happy the author didn't give up on his ending like most of them do but damn , it sure is difficult to find a manga with an actual harem ending

What do you mean its diffcult? 99% of harems have either a harem or an open -which technically is a harem- ending... unfortunately... harems are garbage
Jan 6, 2018 5:46 AM

Aug 2014
ImAWeebUwU said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

What do you mean its diffcult? 99% of harems have either a harem or an open -which technically is a harem- ending... unfortunately... harems are garbage

All harem manga end in the MC choosing 1 girl, out of all the anime/manga I watched/read only 2 had that type of ending, this one and HDXD, almost all the others had the MC choose 1 girl and that is just an absolute garbage ending.
Nisekoi is the most recent one and that was a horrible ending for different reasons than this just the choice part.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jan 6, 2018 6:18 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
ImAWeebUwU said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

Open endings are not harem endings at all. An open ending just means no relationship was actually established. A true harem ending means that the MC actually ends up dating or even marrying all the girls in the end simultaneously, which is in fact incredibly rare to see except for maybe in hentai. Grisaia no Rakuen is one example where that happens, this is another. But either way, it's still extremely unusual
Jan 6, 2018 7:12 AM
Sep 2016
I'm glad there was an harem ending, altough the relationship between Yasuke and the girls (except Akari) is greatly unbalanced since he doesn't really love them. Well, still better than nothing. This makes reading
even more painful.
Jan 6, 2018 11:22 AM

Jan 2015
HaXXspetten said:
ImAWeebUwU said:

Open endings are not harem endings at all. An open ending just means no relationship was actually established. A true harem ending means that the MC actually ends up dating or even marrying all the girls in the end simultaneously, which is in fact incredibly rare to see except for maybe in hentai. Grisaia no Rakuen is one example where that happens, this is another. But either way, it's still extremely unusual

Well, idk what shows you are watching then, but most of the harems have a garbage harem ending..
Jan 6, 2018 11:41 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
ImAWeebUwU said:
HaXXspetten said:

Well, idk what shows you are watching then, but most of the harems have a garbage harem ending..
Most harems just end with the status quo maintained and the guy not ending up in a relationship with anyone, mostly because anime adaptations rarely cover the whole source material when it comes to romcoms so there's no ending actually covered in the first place. But even in romance manga it pretty much always eventually ends with the MC just picking one of the girls at the end and that's about it
Jan 6, 2018 12:02 PM
Sep 2016
ImAWeebUwU said:
HaXXspetten said:

Actually true harem endings where the protagonist is in an official relationship with more than one girl aren't quite common and mostly apply to series with supernatural/fantasy elements where it's easier to justify poligamy with different laws or cultures.
Sep 8, 2018 12:58 PM

Aug 2015
Very fun manga.7/10 it was a good read
Oct 17, 2018 12:54 PM

Nov 2016
I love this manga... It can turn mainstream genres into great and different from other manga with same genres. Very enjoyable, the character, art, story is all great.
Also finally with childhood friend win (but actually the ending is harem ending, LOL).
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Nov 29, 2018 8:56 AM
Nov 2018
Ok so first off.. what the f•ck? We sit through the whole manga and you end it without even a single kiss with the one you are Married to?? The constant cockblocking makes it so that the MC is going to definetly die a virgin.. i mean not even the ending panels have the slightest bit of ”ending feeling” to them so overall great manga i like it its just the ending that was the mest disappointing thats all. Prob 9.5 / 10
Feb 19, 2019 9:19 PM

Jun 2015
Harem end was alright but I would have preferred Akari only to be honest. Was a fun read anyways.
:)
Aug 31, 2019 10:44 AM
Sep 2017
The manga seemed pretty good, and that ending made me feel incredible satisfaction, Arahabaki Yasuke you have my respect, great protagonist, and the heroines are all beautiful.
May 3, 2020 8:19 AM

Apr 2020
for me, this is the best harem manga, all character so funny
Aug 23, 2021 1:33 PM

Apr 2018
I had a lot of fun reading first pages, but it became kinda shallow. Instead of advancing the relationships author threw the likes of Momo who stole the pages for no reason. Overall sad because it had potential which was ruined by ending chapters, harem ending as a safe option is kinda meh too. Personally I was a fan of Orohime and I'm not a fan how she was handled. At the end of the day it's alright read.
aSki_Aug 24, 2021 1:35 AM
Jun 2, 2022 6:16 AM

Mar 2008
I'm kind of strict with my ratings so most stuff I watch and read ends up in the 4-7 range. It usually has to impress me in some way to get a score higher than 6.

When I started reading this manga I was immediately drawn to the characters. I genuinely liked all of the girls, which is incredibly rare for me, and I didn't have any issues with the male lead. Yasuke was a perv, yes, as is typical in a lot of popular harem manga, but the focus seemed to be on the plot and the plot was interesting and promising. With good, likable characters and an engaging plot I was thinking 7 or 8/10 after the 1st volume. I was hooked and eager for more.

That seemed to change just before the halfway mark, though, as the focus suddenly became "Yasuke is a super perv". The plot started to become unimportant as excessive fan service ruled the day and the characters started to become more and more hollow and completely unbelievable as time went on. In short, they took what was originally a good and well executed idea and turned it into complete and utter smut for the sake of titillating teenage boys. Joy [/sarcasm].

This series could have been great. Instead it became the poster child of why people rag on harem titles. In other words, people don't act this way. Ever. This created a disconnect between me and the characters I was starting to get attached to. The disappointment quickly started to mount and in my mind I could see my rating slowly dropping by the chapter. The girls that I became so fond of at the start completely lost their appeal. On top of that I lost all respect for Yasuke, both as a character and as a man, and showing a tiny bit of growth in the end was far too little, far too late to redeem him in my eyes.

Harem endings are incredibly hard to pull off in a satisfactory way. The only one I can really think of off the top of my head that worked is Ranma½ and even then it's strongly implied that he's going to choose Akane and Akane only someday. This is why the harem manga that I really enjoy usually have a definitive ending like Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai and Ichigo100%. The biggest problem I have with harem endings is that harem endings aren't even endings. They basically just stop writing and tell the reader to imagine for themselves what happened after. They are cop outs to cover for either a lack of writing talent or not having a spine enough to choose one girl and run with it. Even Love Hina had the courage to just pick a girl and run with it. And even in the end, when they're supposed to be adults and happily married, they still won't even let him look at them naked? Come ooooooon. . . Are you really meaning to tell me that that's a satisfactory way to end a series? He's going to spend the rest of his life surrounded by women and never allowed to touch any of them.

In the end this series became difficult for me to rate. The first 3rd was definitely in the 7/8 range but after that the quality dropped drastically. The last 3rd was definitely in the 3/4 range at best. Ultimately I found it impossible to give this series anything higher than a 5/10 and that's probably being generous considering that's the same score I gave Ai Yori Aoshi and I don't see Maga-Tsuki as Ai Yori Aoshi's equal.
QuintessenceJun 2, 2022 6:35 AM
Jun 9, 2023 9:31 PM

Mar 2008
Would have liked the newly weds to have sexy time in the end, but the harem ending was satisfactory.

More topics from this board

» Any chances of an anime adaptation of the novel?

GoldenCrimson20 - Mar 7, 2018

3 by Lolihunter1001 »»
Apr 14, 2021 8:52 AM

Poll: » Maga-Tsuki Chapter 39 Discussion

not_in_use417 - Aug 19, 2014

22 by testamentKAISER »»
Jun 9, 2020 8:34 PM

Poll: » Maga-Tsuki Chapter 35 Discussion

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

14 by Dessssy »»
Feb 19, 2019 12:36 AM

Poll: » Maga-Tsuki Chapter 64 Discussion

HaXXspetten - Jan 31, 2017

4 by joe_g7 »»
Nov 8, 2017 7:19 PM

Poll: » Maga-Tsuki Chapter 63 Discussion

DUDEREX - Dec 28, 2016

3 by joe_g7 »»
Nov 8, 2017 7:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.