Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Interviews with Monster Girls
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 12, 2017 8:26 PM
May 2016
Expected cuteness

Got lectured on Quantum Physics and wormhole
You're a stupid weeaboo grow up
Mar 13, 2017 1:20 AM

Jan 2017
No!! Leave the Demis alone!! They're special in their own way.. But if that's what Machi wants so she can take a step closer to Takahashi.. so be it.

I guess the vice principal might have a reason to get worried.. not just how close Takahashi is with the students but it kept hinting that being around Demis have to be a bit more politically correct.

There's gonna be 12 episodes.. and I keep wondering are they running out of source material soon? Episode 10 is already at the latest translated managa release.. or maybe that's why the manga is not being released as often as before?
Mar 13, 2017 1:26 AM

Jan 2014
-Stray said:
This man knows what to do, true there mate, problem is Takahashi's control over his lust is something else.

I think that might in fact be a prerequisite for dating a succubus,..
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Mar 13, 2017 1:30 AM

Jan 2013
Answered some questions about Dullahans, nothing really in depth.
Good episode though
Mar 13, 2017 2:09 AM

Oct 2008
2Dculture said:
There's gonna be 12 episodes.. and I keep wondering are they running out of source material soon? Episode 10 is already at the latest translated managa release.. or maybe that's why the manga is not being released as often as before?

So far they adapted chapters 1-27, plus chapter 31 and 32. From PV next chapter should cover at least chapters 29 and 30. Latest chapter released in Japan is 36.
"There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force."
The Jedi Code
Mar 13, 2017 5:03 AM

Sep 2013
The first part was a bit cringey, as smart as Macchi is, to be told by everyone that a nice sensei like him scolded her coz he cares about her??? She knows him quite well too, he's not someone to just bark off insensitively. Well, the way she started getting her face in front of Takahashi in the school corridor, was pretty stupid of her. Hikari's the boss as always.

The second part was scientific gibberish felt far-fetching nonsense, but it instilled a goal of Macchi's future to research about demi's nature herself overcoming ethical restrictions. Too bad we won't see Souma after this ep.
Mar 13, 2017 11:47 AM

Dec 2009
Well, this episode was inevitable, and i'm glad they didn't just dodge it. Wormhole speculation is junk, but quantum entanglement was an inevitable conclusion (there are other viable ways to address such a concept if you delve into metaphysics). Unfortunately this researcher didn't sound much like a scientist, but more like a fan of pop-sci, but that's fine for the average watcher (however, that ridiculousness such as the stretchy trans-dimensional neck drawing, is EXACTLY what the media does with modern science, it's pathetic lol).

It was very wise of him to seek out a scientist to look into this particular subject (as obviously his knowledge of biology was insufficient to address it).

Takahashi-sensei's outburst at Machi fumbling her head was completely legitimate. If she dropped her head like that she could get notable brain damage.
GenesisAriaMar 13, 2017 12:04 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Mar 13, 2017 1:37 PM
Mar 2016
Souma explaining that Machi's condition is more of a wormhole, if this is real science then she doesn't exist.
Mar 13, 2017 3:40 PM

Feb 2008
Souma is the best character. Too bad we won't get to see him any more, most likely. I can't get enough of that expression of his... Souma's explanation (or rather a theory) regarding dullahans' nature was also quite intriguing.

On an unrelated note, that vice-principal is up to no good...
Mar 13, 2017 4:54 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, great episode! I thought the first half was really well done, showing how caring Takahashi is ... aww, all Machi wanted was to give you a little peck :P Second half was uh ... certainly interesting. I never thought about a dullahan's neck being a wormhole but I guess it makes sense. Kinda funny since I'm playing Steins Gate right now and that's sort of the topic of that game XD Machi sure would be tall if she had a neck and her head like normal humans :O Maybe the meeting inspired her to become a researcher though? That'd be nice :D
Mar 14, 2017 8:43 AM

Feb 2014
I have a mixed feeling bout this ep..
Love the prologue, we see another instance where being dullahan is beneficial in otherwise common situation.

The misunderstanding between machi & sensei feels forced like a situation pulled from cliche soap opera. I admit, being a model student left us with few options if we want to make emotional scene involving teacher-student scolding, but still..

2nd part delves deeper into some physics stuff, it's been a long time since i watched brian greene's fabric of the cosmos so i don't remember if it's valid science, though i recognized some part about quantum theories. Loved this part partly because it's very rare in SoL anime, but then it left without any significant conclusion.. except that it may affects machi's future decision. Still, I'm curious about how her neck exists in separate dimension, i mean is she connected to Obito's / Madara's / Kaguya's dimension? LoL

BTW, this show sure has eroge materials, for example when Machi asks "do you want to know more about my body" to a biology teacher, this is texbook flag leading to H-scene LMAO.. and dont forget about how each demi-chan is interviewed privately in his room, hikari's kiss-tease, these are perfect flags that are too good to miss
ProtozMar 14, 2017 9:00 AM
Mar 14, 2017 1:46 PM

Jul 2009
Satou should try asking for a kiss!
Mar 14, 2017 4:45 PM

Feb 2012
The most boring episode imo.
Mar 15, 2017 9:36 AM

Jun 2015
For some reason, Machi with her head attached looked kinda creepy.
Mar 16, 2017 9:43 AM

Jun 2014
They really lost me with the pop-science babble. But seeing Machi become inspired was really touching.

Also poor machi, thinking with her hormones instead of her head made Sensei panic and scold her.

I sense the drama I predicted in episode one approaching rapidly.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 17, 2017 2:15 AM

Oct 2008
The professor colleague of Takahashi-sensei was very informative...well too much information because the topics dealt with worm-holes & quantum physics!
LOL Satou-sensei getting jealous because she also haven't kissed sensei.
I also feel sad and sorry everytime Machi is crying.
Lucky sensei all 4 girls like him.
4/5.

Mar 17, 2017 6:26 PM

Jun 2013
Probably the weakest episode thus far in my opinion, but still a good episode nonetheless.
Mar 18, 2017 9:56 AM
Jun 2016
I knew Machi was tall because her body itself was as tall as Hikari and Yuki, but it's pretty surprising to see it first-hand. We're so used to seeing Machi as a dullahan that, like Takahashi, seeing her with a normal neck and head seems quite strange.

Also kudos to Hikari for her moment-ruining skills.
Mar 18, 2017 9:28 PM

Sep 2010
My head hurts after the physics discussion. @.@
Mar 18, 2017 11:42 PM

Jun 2013
Lol that was a pretty decent explanation of quantum and space-time theories, and a really fun interpretation of it.
Mar 26, 2017 9:32 AM
Jan 2017
Muito bom a explicação desse episodio sobre os Dullahans, que trouxe ate o universo quântico para explicar o que acontece com a Machi-kun
(corrijam me se estiver errado). obrigado!
E mais um episodio!
Mar 26, 2017 7:29 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Really unnecessary drama in the first 5 minutes, luckily it was resolved fairly quickly.

Hikari's faces are best faces.

Enjoying the focus on Machi, she's super adorable. It was a lot of fun seeing them go to that college campus, and this new guy was entertaining to say the least.

While I believe Satou-sensei is still best grill, Machi is closing in fast.
Mar 30, 2017 11:58 AM

Jun 2012
I really wish Takahashi and Machi could be together, Machi is such a good girl. Best character IMO since Holo from Spice and Wolf. Not so much because of her dialogue, but because of her actions and emotions. So innocent, but she keeps in shape and has the Best grades, all while having to live with the handicap of having to use at least 1 hand to hold her own head.

Plus, she's a high schooler who has boobs almost as big as a Succubus, AND dat adorable girl-next-door rough haircut...

Machi's little romantic outbursts, her adorable expressions, and as Hikari puts it her "naughty flexibility".... Machi is BEST GIRL and has been since Episode 2.
Apr 1, 2017 2:46 PM

May 2012
Oh boy those last couple scenes were interesting! Quite lovely episode in general again, superb character development!
Apr 15, 2017 4:39 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, I found this episode not very interesting. I was expecting some developement toward the actual kiss and I got Sensei's weird friend instead. And the princeples how dullahans work are not really interesting.
Apr 18, 2017 10:45 AM

Apr 2015
I actually understood that quantum physics presentation for some reason lul. Wish I knew how it worked when I had my test...
May 17, 2017 2:04 AM

Mar 2015
Nice episode where they attempt to look into what makes Machi tick as a dullahan
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 6, 2017 11:47 AM

Sep 2014
Another Machi episode. Not bad, I guess.
She wanted to pull a prank on Takahashi-sensei, but everything went wrong. At least they apologized to each other thanks to Hikari. :3
The university part had a bit too much talk about black holes / wormholes and timey wimey stuff, but Takahashi's friend was silly enough to not make it boring. Looks like being a demi is about lots of scientific stuff. Machi with a neck looked so weird. xD I also noticed that she would be the tallest of the bunch by far.
Let's see what happens on the next episode. I expect lots of feels from the preview.
Jul 29, 2017 5:23 AM

Aug 2013
Decent episode, but if I wanted to get a lecture in quantum physics and all that stuff I'd look up some real scientists instead. I'm here for the comedy and couldn't care less about the physics of the dullahan. It was still pretty fun tho.
Check out my epic? youtube channel yo!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtS2LcQwcqpHyQGXekGDGVA
Sep 7, 2017 3:15 PM

Feb 2013
The first part was ok, I didn't like her cry though, but her trying to kiss him was funny.
The second part was interesting but also boring.
Nov 28, 2017 2:47 AM

Sep 2012
Protoz said:
I have a mixed feeling bout this ep..
Love the prologue, we see another instance where being dullahan is beneficial in otherwise common situation.

The misunderstanding between machi & sensei feels forced like a situation pulled from cliche soap opera. I admit, being a model student left us with few options if we want to make emotional scene involving teacher-student scolding, but still...

it feels forced only if u don't pay attention for one all 3 girls have romantic feelings for sensei inducing Sakie-sensei & he is clueless guy typical harem
Dec 9, 2017 10:23 AM

Apr 2013
Machi-focused episode. She's the most boring of all the main characters imo, but it still was enjoyable.
May 1, 2018 10:14 PM

Jan 2018
Honestly, it'd be great to separate your head from your body. I can watch anime while my body does house chores. Hahaha

Oct 23, 2018 4:49 PM

May 2015
Niceeee, but I'm was never good in physics.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 27, 2020 11:48 PM
Jun 2013
the no fair was pretty funny. This whole eating thing as something I was curious about.
Nov 29, 2022 3:31 AM

Oct 2022
It's only now occurring to me how Machi's birth went. Souma said something about making Machi normal again so when and how exactly did her Dullahan aspects appear. This also make me think of how awesome her parents are for their continous support.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

216 by VetrandR »»
Apr 11, 4:58 AM

» This series would probably be better with at least SOME ecchi... ( 1 2 )

--ALEX-- - Feb 14, 2017

55 by tectacles »»
Feb 18, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

147 by tectacles »»
Jan 31, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

142 by tectacles »»
Jan 30, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

148 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 27, 5:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.