Forum Settings
Forums

Would you kill yourself if you had terminal cancer?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 17, 2018 5:46 AM

Dec 2015
Assuming I have a handle on my depression, then no. I'd make the most out of the time I've been given to write and to speak out for people like me.

xx0:44 ─🔘────────────── 04:44x
xxxxxxxxx ❚❚ xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mar 17, 2018 6:18 AM

Jan 2018
I don't want to do it. Life is not all about what I should receive, it's more about what I can give because there are just so many people who can be in a worst situation than me. For that reason, I'll be grateful just to be nice even for a little while longer. As a healthy human, I'm in no position to talk though.
Mar 18, 2018 6:07 AM

Aug 2017
no...you'll die anyways but killing yourself might hurt...so no...
Also even tho i would die i still have time to do something...
Mar 18, 2018 7:23 AM

Jun 2012
Latent said:
Reminder that the pancreas can smell fear. It's looking for any excuse to betray you.

I couldn't help laughing a little. Or actually a lottle. Kill me please.

But if I had a terminal state of any illness/disease I'd prolly just take a leave from my job and school and explore the World just because I still could.
Eight-Man said:
Remember, be an artist, not an autist.

"If anything simply cannot go wrong it will anyway."

~ Murphy's 5th law
Mar 18, 2018 7:25 AM

Oct 2014
I'd kill myself for a single corn chip.
Mar 18, 2018 7:30 AM

May 2016
No, eventthough I do not strongly believe that you end up inhell when you kill yourslef, I still would not want to take the risk, I'd rather take a bunch of opium to numb the pain (if there is any) or travel and spend time with "loved ones" i guess
Mar 18, 2018 7:34 AM

Feb 2015
Id just spend every penny I had on heroin because who cares I'm going to die anyway. So yeah, id kill myself, but in the best way possible.

There's a lady who's sure
All that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven
When she gets there she knows
If the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for
Oh oh oh oh and she's buying a stairway to heaven

Mar 18, 2018 8:23 AM

Sep 2012
If I've only got a finite amount of time left, I'm trying to cram it with stimuli and interacting with people I like, not cut it short :p
Mar 18, 2018 8:24 AM

Apr 2017
GwaziMagnum said:

like bugles tho? they're p ass

but like for a Dorito then it's understandable
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Mar 18, 2018 8:34 AM

Oct 2014
sekai- said:
GwaziMagnum said:

Give me the shittiest corn chip you can think of, I'm good with anything.
Mar 18, 2018 8:40 AM

Apr 2017
GwaziMagnum said:
sekai- said:

what about like a cheese based chip?

would you do it for a cheeto or some shit?
mal's raccoon

boop !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Mar 18, 2018 8:44 AM

Apr 2016
I think I would like to enjoy everyday min of my life then lmaoo
Mar 18, 2018 8:49 AM

Oct 2014
sekai- said:
GwaziMagnum said:

Cheese is my favourite. I'd definitely do it for something cheese related.
Mar 18, 2018 8:52 AM

Apr 2017
GwaziMagnum said:
sekai- said:

so what would you do for 2 cheetos and a bugle
mal's raccoon

boop !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Mar 18, 2018 9:04 AM

Feb 2016
Well, I don't think I would.

When my Father was diagnosed with Terminal Cancer, he was given 1 month to live. That was 18 years ago. He's still alive. :)
Mar 18, 2018 9:23 AM

Oct 2014
sekai- said:
GwaziMagnum said:

Kill myself in the most painful manner.
Or kill myself, bring myself back, and then do it again.
Mar 18, 2018 9:36 AM

Apr 2017
GwaziMagnum said:
sekai- said:

dude that's fucking hardcore as fuck
mal's raccoon

boop !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Mar 18, 2018 10:15 AM

Jun 2015
Depends on the sort of cancer, the pain involved, the quality of life lost... etc etc

Mar 18, 2018 10:17 AM

Oct 2015
I'd rather take my chances, no thanks.
Mar 18, 2018 10:24 AM

Oct 2014
sekai- said:
GwaziMagnum said:

dude that's fucking hardcore as fuck

Anything for those corn chip's man.
Mar 19, 2018 4:13 AM

Aug 2015
With what little time I have left, I'd rather just live it as I want to. Do what I want to, make life worth living.

❝ falling sick on a journey
my dream wanders around
fields of dry grass. ❞
()
Mar 19, 2018 4:32 AM

May 2016
No, I would do that. Just live til the end.
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Mar 19, 2018 7:45 AM
Jul 2018
No, suicide isn't an answer to anything. I'd rather use that time and live the remaining moments of my life.
Mar 19, 2018 8:01 AM
Jan 2014
Chaet said:
No, suicide isn't an answer to anything. I'd rather use that time and live the remaining moments of my life.

You probably wouldn't have that good a time being in constant pain.
Mar 19, 2018 8:04 AM

Sep 2017
No. In fact if I had terminal cancer then I would lose all reasons to kill myself.
Mar 19, 2018 8:12 AM
Jul 2018
-Placeholder- said:
Chaet said:

You probably wouldn't have that good a time being in constant pain.

Yeah, but killing myself wouldn't be a proper thing either. I'd prefer to live my life till the end.
Mar 19, 2018 8:18 AM
Jul 2018
Nah I ain’t no bitch, I’m gonna go out like real ass ni🅱️🅱️a
Mar 19, 2018 8:20 AM

Oct 2014
Macewindex said:

You mean drowning in a pool of bleach?
Mar 19, 2018 8:23 AM
Jul 2018
GwaziMagnum said:
Macewindex said:

nah I’m gonna go out like Curt Cobain
Mar 19, 2018 8:49 AM

Oct 2014
Macewindex said:
GwaziMagnum said:

Dammit Mace, you and I had a suicide pact! >:[
Mar 19, 2018 8:55 AM
Jul 2018
GwaziMagnum said:
Macewindex said:

Oh yeah forgot my boi, cant forget about that sorry mate.
Mar 19, 2018 9:33 AM

Oct 2014
Macewindex said:
GwaziMagnum said:

Oh yeah forgot my boi, cant forget about that sorry mate.

This makes me so depressed I'm not sure if I want to kill myself now.
Mar 19, 2018 9:43 AM

Apr 2016
Hell no.

My taxes paid for this hospital room and treatments and I'm gonna use 'em for as long as I can.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2018 6:41 PM

Apr 2013
I've considered it for pettier reasons. But nah, probably not.
Mar 19, 2018 6:48 PM

Feb 2016
No. As someone who doubts the existence of any sort of afterlife, I’d cling to living as long as possible! Not to mention, I’d be selfishly robbing my relatives of precious time they’d want to spend with me before I go forever.
--- + ---
"Random quotes in signatures are like friends. Everyone seems to have them, except me."
Sun Tzu, probably

Mar 19, 2018 7:15 PM

Dec 2008
How can anybody post about such a depressing subject for god's sake?
Life Is Short But Intense.
Mar 19, 2018 7:36 PM

Feb 2017
I promised a buddy of mine That I would smoke weed with him if I was ever dying of cancer. Until that day comes I ain't going near it
Mar 19, 2018 8:26 PM

Jun 2008
Depends on how painful and how costly being alive is. I certainly don't want my family to be wasting thousands of dollars on me knowing I could die in within a few months.
Mar 19, 2018 8:27 PM

Feb 2010
no because it would be pointless. i would by a coffin to sleep in.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Mar 20, 2018 10:26 PM

Sep 2015
Yes, i would do it without any doubts.

My grandpa died from cancer in 2013, seing him suffering in a bed for almost one year made me scared of cancer, so most of people that say no don't know what are they talking about.
Mar 20, 2018 11:25 PM

Dec 2016
No. I would volunteer to be a test subject for extreme experimental military treatments, like invasive aggressive gene therapy and cybernetics. If I survive, I will become Übermensch!
Mar 21, 2018 1:48 AM

Jun 2011
I would live to donate my body to science but, if we are talking no hope and I am in too much pain to even endure existence, yeah. I would want a peaceful option.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Mar 21, 2018 1:53 AM
Jul 2015
I won't kill myself, but I would not try to get treatment either.

But I would probably kill myself if I were to become paralized/disabled. No point in living that kind of life. Life is already pointless enough as it is, no sense in living in suffering on top of that
Mar 21, 2018 2:16 AM

Jul 2015
GenesisAria said:
NO. There is a number of things which can potentially - NOT GUARANTEED - cure cancer, using many of them together greatly increases your odds. Don't fucking do chemotherapy, because that does as much damage to you as it does to the cancer. Consume citrus, improve your general health in any way you can, eat simpler foods - less chemicals and complex ingredients means less potential for creating cancer or assisting cancer (that's why they tell you to "eat natural foods".

If worse comes to worst, you do anything and everything. If that means you have to throw away the science you believe in for some voodoo shit, then that's what you do. Your life is on the line, you try anything even if it seems unrealistic or unscientific. If you have to change your faith or gain a faith, then you do that too. Don't let social constructs be the end of you.
No, eating citrus won't magically revert the mutation in your DNA that makes your cells nonstop duplicate until you're dead.

Citrus can't do that. In fact, no "natural food" can do that. That's not how cancer works. How would the citrus know to only alter that part of the DNA that's responsible for the cancer? It doesn't make sense at all.

Maybe certain food can increase or decrease your chance of getting cancer, but none of it can cure cancer. That's bullshit.

Anyway, I'd kill myself if I had something like stage IV lung cancer. Everyone here who says that they wouldn't? You're making the wrong call and if you're ever in a situation like that, you'll either change your minds or deerly regret it. There are things in this world that are worse than death. Certain types of cancer are part of that category.
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Mar 21, 2018 2:20 AM

Apr 2011
Not before selling some meth and leave money for my family.
Mar 21, 2018 4:23 AM

Mar 2017
Like any sort of survival based situation I will only know for sure if I end up in that exact situation, but most probably yes. Terminal cancer is not just "you'll die in 2 months" sort of thing. It's painful, it sucks, you loose all your human and I don't have any powerful "reason of being" that could keep me trying to fight it. I'd most probably disappear out of everyone's lives quietly.
Mar 21, 2018 10:11 AM
Jul 2018
I'm not sure what the point would be. If you're already suicidal then you'd probably kill yourself more so cause of that than specifically because you had cancer. Honestly, I'd expect suicidal people to just kinda be apathetic about it. Y'know? Like... "Well... guess I'll just wait this one out."

If on the other hand, you didn't want to kill yourself prior to being diagnosed with cancer, why would you wanna give up on any chance of recovering a just up and off yourself? You may as well stick around and see if you get better.
Mar 21, 2018 10:20 AM
Aug 2017
Depends on how bad the pain is.......
Mar 22, 2018 11:24 AM

Dec 2009
Railey2 said:
GenesisAria said:
NO. There is a number of things which can potentially - NOT GUARANTEED - cure cancer, using many of them together greatly increases your odds. Don't fucking do chemotherapy, because that does as much damage to you as it does to the cancer. Consume citrus, improve your general health in any way you can, eat simpler foods - less chemicals and complex ingredients means less potential for creating cancer or assisting cancer (that's why they tell you to "eat natural foods".

If worse comes to worst, you do anything and everything. If that means you have to throw away the science you believe in for some voodoo shit, then that's what you do. Your life is on the line, you try anything even if it seems unrealistic or unscientific. If you have to change your faith or gain a faith, then you do that too. Don't let social constructs be the end of you.
No, eating citrus won't magically revert the mutation in your DNA that makes your cells nonstop duplicate until you're dead.

Citrus can't do that. In fact, no "natural food" can do that. That's not how cancer works. How would the citrus know to only alter that part of the DNA that's responsible for the cancer? It doesn't make sense at all.

Maybe certain food can increase or decrease your chance of getting cancer, but none of it can cure cancer. That's bullshit.
You missed the point. It doesn't cure cancer, there is no magical cure until they get it through their thick fucking skulls, than an electrochemical desynchronization in cell membranes has to be corrected via electromagnetic influence, or a particular phase and frewuency that resonates with those cells and shakes them back into coherency with the rest of the body.

Citrus can help prevent the expansion of cancer, which can allow the body to, if working well enough, start replacing those cancer cells with healthy cells again.

You shouldn't spout random junk when you probably only read news articles and press releases on these subjects.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Mar 22, 2018 1:28 PM

Jul 2015
GenesisAria said:
Railey2 said:

You missed the point. It doesn't cure cancer, there is no magical cure until they get it through their thick fucking skulls, than an electrochemical desynchronization in cell membranes has to be corrected via electromagnetic influence, or a particular phase and frewuency that resonates with those cells and shakes them back into coherency with the rest of the body.

Citrus can help prevent the expansion of cancer, which can allow the body to, if working well enough, start replacing those cancer cells with healthy cells again.

You shouldn't spout random junk when you probably only read news articles and press releases on these subjects.
Wait are you suggesting that an electromagnetic field could unfuck the mutated DNA in cancer cells and make them behave like normal cells again? That's what you're saying? Just making sure that I understand you correctly here.
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

669 by Hitagi__Furude »»
33 minutes ago

» What do you think about online friendship?

Mehwish_999 - Apr 21

41 by ShimmyShimmur »»
2 hours ago

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

14 by R-unknown »»
3 hours ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Today

23 by Rhaelynne »»
4 hours ago

» I got spooked by a water bottle

tsukareru - 11 hours ago

11 by Adverrito »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.