Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 10, 2017 10:28 AM

Sep 2016
I need a 25 episodes spin-off of the scientist's daily life. I just need it.

KDEKiller133 said:
that romance sene was kinda adorable

And with one guy fucking dying next to them. Yes, adorable.
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

Mar 10, 2017 10:36 AM

Jul 2016
Forcing comedy into serious show doesn't mix well often (looking at you, Drifters...) but the rotten potato scene is hilarious no doubt!!

So Tanya is heading for an assault to Not-French HQ... expecting Not-UK to send Anson to intercept Tanya...
Mar 10, 2017 10:38 AM

Sep 2013
Fake retreat works and the empire is out smarting the republic to a checkmate.
The V-1 scene was dope.

MAD SCIENTIST IS SO COOOL
Mar 10, 2017 10:39 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I love this series. It's a unique blend of military otakuism, war drama and fantasy with a dose of comedy sprinkled in for good measure. I cannot help but thinking that Tanya's seeiyu must have had a blast doing this role. It must have been hard not to burst out laughing with some of those lines she delivers.

That doctor feels like he's based on Dr. Strangelove. Just as completely bananas but more over the top. Bringing in a WW2 V1 weapon in a WW1 setting is just crazy.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 10, 2017 11:16 AM

Dec 2007
Noesnecesario said:
I need a 25 episodes spin-off of the scientist's daily life. I just need it.

KDEKiller133 said:
that romance sene was kinda adorable

And with one guy fucking dying next to them. Yes, adorable.

He's the one that was poisoned by the rotten potato probably... LOL.
Mar 10, 2017 12:23 PM

Sep 2015
The rotten fucking potato killed me xD
Mar 10, 2017 12:31 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
At this point, i will definitely be sad when Weiss and the Second Commander die.
Mar 10, 2017 1:32 PM

Jul 2013
The scene when Visha was talking to the blonde soldier was funny... mostly because Taiyanen was agonizing in the same very room. By a rotten potato, no less.

The mad scientist return was the highlight of the episode.
Mar 10, 2017 1:43 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was really a blasting!!! Watching this anime, now I was able to get it what's actually going on! super hype for next episode!!!

Hope we can get a extremely pleasing ending! {actually i am looking forward to a cliffhanger ending}
removed-userMar 10, 2017 1:46 PM
Mar 10, 2017 1:44 PM

Sep 2013
Great episode.
Loved that mad scientist entrance and that soldier being lost because of a rotten potato.
HA! Damn you sonzai X! I bet you're the one who did that don't you.
Mar 10, 2017 2:00 PM

Jul 2009
I'm no expert, but I don't think V1s or V2s were ever used in a similar historical operation, mainly because of the issues Tanya raised, although there are certain other scenarios where troops are launched / ferried quickly with some type of rockets.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Mar 10, 2017 2:04 PM

Feb 2016
I wish this series was longer.
Mar 10, 2017 2:17 PM

Oct 2013
I kinda hope this operation won't go as smoothly as planned
Mar 10, 2017 2:27 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Poor Tayanen, got rekt by a rotten potato.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 10, 2017 2:28 PM

Aug 2013
"Never thought I'd lose one of my men to a rotten potato."

Though he was hit in the stomach - unexpected ending

ichii_1 said:
Fake retreat works and the empire is out smarting the republic to a checkmate.
The V-1 scene was dope.

MAD SCIENTIST IS SO COOOL

SONUVABITCH!

LeoMar 10, 2017 2:33 PM

Mar 10, 2017 3:24 PM

Jun 2015
Getting boring, somewhat interesting MC doesnt change the fact she never loses, and her squad didnt lose even one member in battlefield, this is just too boring to care in long run.
Mar 10, 2017 4:58 PM

Jun 2014
It was pretty funny, yet fucked up at the same time, to see Grantz and Viktoriya sharing a laugh while there was a guy in agonizing pain right next to them. Turns out it was just a rotten potato lol.

The next episode should be epic and full of action, based on the way this episode ended.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 10, 2017 5:46 PM

May 2015
After that ending, I'm expecting that the next episode will have some good action.

Mar 10, 2017 5:53 PM

Dec 2016
I do not like speed, I definitely would not get inside one of those rockets.

Tanya has it pretty rough, she wants to be in one place but because of her success she keeps getting pushed further away from it.

Are we about to see some romance between Viktoriya & the other officer? forgot his name.
Mar 10, 2017 6:45 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
A quasi filler episode, but that was too be expected. However, one this is really funny - that Dr. Schugel seems to be the only one who can really make Tanya disconcerted
Mar 10, 2017 7:26 PM
Jul 2016
That rotten potato ahahah

Mar 10, 2017 7:36 PM
Apr 2015
I like how it seems that Rerugen and Tanya have begun to respect each other since they think so much alike. I only really believed it when he said he'd pray for her, (and no, I'm not shipping)
Mar 10, 2017 7:38 PM

Oct 2013
Reverberate said:
After that ending, I'm expecting that the next episode will have some good action.

Same and I am sure it will. This episode was very much one dedicated to the build up.

Mascera said:
Dammit Tanya, do you really have to think about being X ugly face, however he looks like at that moment?
Now she gets to ride a rocket?! That's pretty exciting. >_<
I thought similarly, but it is obviously foreshadowing and building up to next episode where Being X will make his grand return.

Can't wait for next week as per usual. Youjo Senki has been a great surprise this season.
Mar 10, 2017 8:06 PM
Oct 2012
shawnofthedeadz said:
I thought similarly, but it is obviously foreshadowing and building up to next episode where Being X will make his grand return.

I am 50/50 on Being X's return. Since this is 9, 10 will be Tanya's great triumph. 11-12 will be when someone she respects (one of her team) gets killed by the Norden fellow. At that point I think Being X will return, but it will only serve to drive Tanya even more into her course of action.

Just guessing of course. Have not read beyond what the first novel in English has, but that seems to be the mood, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist (though we have one!) to know who had several "death flags" raised against him.

That said, great series. It is just so much fun. Tanya's "writing to the deceased parent's letter" was a brilliant misdirection.

As for the people saying that her not losing members this episode makes the story boring. Dear god, are you all idiots? Given how many times Tanya has said she did not expect "her" soldiers to be sniped, this is about the biggest effing flag in existence. How could you have missed it? Having one of her soldiers die too early would not only cause Tanya to reconsider too early, but it would oppose what "Being X" had planned for her.
Mar 10, 2017 8:42 PM

Sep 2015
Not much happened, mostly build up for the next few episodes most likely. The climax of season 1. Pretty excited.
As for the guy screaming stomach. At the time I thought he was shot there. Apparently it was a rotten potato. lol hilarious. Who would of thought. No wonder why the other troops were fairly casual. Except the ones attending him acted like it was life and death.
What kind of potato gets you sent back for long term treatment. Better be infected with some deadly bacteria. Or his immune system is just that bad. Eat some more citrus fruit man.

The plan is straight forward but the execution feels very risky. Betting on untested technology, small group of special forces, minimal territory to retreat to should it fail. And by the looks of it, they are betting everything on this so probably not much chance of recovery should this fail. A literal decisive battle as they called it. It is very overly complicated in sequence based on how they described it. Too dependent on a few small assets. Limited mutual support for each part of the plan.
And not everyone seems confident, evidence that they do not have the required advantage to make such a bold move tbh. But high risk high reward. Art of war says no to that. Though many famous generals sure likes to gamble. Sounds like the Japanese Midway battle plan and we all know how that ended.

Being aggressive is required but being reckless is not.

None of this sounds good. It can work but rarely do a plan go perfectly and this doesn't seem to allow much room for errors. Sooo... ehh practically speaking it is going to fail big time. Maybe pray to being X? Though I doubt he would want the war to end that quickly.

Well seems like being X sort of wins. Such a plan would force her to try and believe in God for a victory. Should she not it will fail and it continues. No loss, only gain. Well contrary; Tanya will probably just become more adamant in opposing him. So based on Tanya's personality, there is in fact some loss, but I doubt she can get much more rebellious than that though.
zcv45Mar 10, 2017 8:56 PM
Mar 10, 2017 9:16 PM

Jul 2016
Hell yeah! Suck my capitalism, Being X!
Mar 10, 2017 11:10 PM
Oct 2007
One episode per week isn't enough!

That was pretty much a suicide mission. Usually I am okay with any show killing their characters (main or sub) but I hope Tanya survived through this mission so we can have season 2..

Or actually I have another thought. If I was the producer and I wasn't sure that the series might be well liked.. I probably do 12 episodes and gauge response but it's more than okay to kill the main character in this 12 episodes to rife things up. If sales were good then they can adapt the LN for good just like FMA. Idk :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2017 11:23 PM

Dec 2013
Gets rekt by a rotten potato, earns Class 1 Combat Medal and Long Term Injuries Medal.... also gets to retire from the fight....
Can't tell if Warrant Officer Teyanen is lucky or....... XD

Love the battle, and the BS retreat that they made. The mad doctor appearing again in spectacular fashion was hilarious as heck too.

Looking forward to seeing the conclusion of this mission though, since it should signal the change of historic events in her timeline compared with ours.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 10, 2017 11:36 PM

Jan 2016
Yoshikawa_China said:
Getting boring, somewhat interesting MC doesnt change the fact she never loses, and her squad didnt lose even one member in battlefield, this is just too boring to care in long run.

I'm sure she lost almost half of her troops already?
Mar 11, 2017 1:31 AM

Oct 2008
This episode lacks action department!
But the ending music fits! (the ED last episode)
V-1 rocket huh speed 1.5 Mach huh!?
4/5.

Mar 11, 2017 1:54 AM
Jan 2016
Farabeuf said:
I love this series. It's a unique blend of military otakuism, war drama and fantasy with a dose of comedy sprinkled in for good measure.

Weeelllll, Izetta the Last Witch had a similar blend, except it went light on the military, war drama, fantasy, and comedy, and went heavy on the fanservice, so Youjo Senki isn't entirely unique.

forexjammer said:
I'm sure she lost almost half of her troops already?

Half were forced to retreat from the operation due to injuries, but no actual deaths. The only one she actually "lost" was struck down by potato poisoning.
Mar 11, 2017 2:51 AM

Jan 2016
MysteriousBanana said:

Half were forced to retreat from the operation due to injuries, but no actual deaths. The only one she actually "lost" was struck down by potato poisoning.

Oh wow, I thought the people that got exploded and fell died.
Mar 11, 2017 3:12 AM

Oct 2015
The best ending is back ;)
Mar 11, 2017 3:20 AM

Nov 2015
dota2cj123 said:

top 10 plot twists of 2017 lmao
Mar 11, 2017 3:40 AM

May 2015
Not much to say about this episode, was kind of hoping Tanya would get caught and try to find a way out of their base. Maybe she will run into the father who has gained magical powers and a huge fight will break out. We will know soon
“You choose to be hurt rather than to hurt others, right?
You’re nice and wonderful.
But while it seems like you are choosing both,
you’re really forsaking both.”
Mar 11, 2017 5:05 AM

Jun 2013
That rotten fucking potato deserves to die!!!
Mar 11, 2017 5:43 AM

May 2015
OH NOOOO, DOCTOR SCHUGEL IS BACK! :DDD

Rocket ride for the win!

Rotten potato is the real killer ;D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 11, 2017 8:32 AM

Jul 2008
Wow, Tanya lost 75% of her battalion this episode. Not sure how many of the remaining will survive to the finale.
Mar 11, 2017 9:30 AM

Sep 2012
"Until I pound free-market principles into that piece of shit, I won't die, no matter what!"

May Tanya turn God into an anarcho-capitalist.
Mar 11, 2017 9:55 AM

Feb 2008
Viktoriya is the ultimate soldier, completely unfazed by even the dire situation at hand.

I wasn't expecting a V-1 to appear, though in a different manner than originally designed. Still, it is a rather novel means of transportation. The next episode ought to be epic!

A rotten potato...
Mar 11, 2017 10:15 AM

Feb 2016
dota2cj123 said:

It would be amazing if someone could redo the rottentomatoes banner into a rotten potato one.
Mar 11, 2017 12:30 PM

Sep 2010
omg so it was a food poisonin joke.. Tayanen... that "war injury medal" is crying~
Mar 11, 2017 1:14 PM

Dec 2008
I lost at the potato part

Mar 11, 2017 11:00 PM

Jun 2010
Does anyone know who does the voice of Doctor Schugel? And is it the same person who did the voice for Dantalion from Shakugan no Shana?
Mar 11, 2017 11:29 PM
Jan 2016
neonie said:
Does anyone know who does the voice of Doctor Schugel? And is it the same person who did the voice for Dantalion from Shakugan no Shana?

Yep, it's Nobuo Tobita.
Mar 12, 2017 5:45 AM

Jun 2010
MysteriousBanana said:
neonie said:

Yep, it's Nobuo Tobita.

Nice! I thought I recognized that voice, and that dude reminded me of someone.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Mar 12, 2017 12:25 PM

Jul 2009
Tanya had a hard time during the battle this time and the crazy scientist likes using her to test stuff
Mar 12, 2017 5:54 PM

Jan 2013
Great plan, wish them luck ;)
That engineer is always creating something, that guy is definitely a Nobel prize winner xD
Can't wait for next episode!!!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 12, 2017 7:05 PM

Nov 2014
v1... it really reminds me of Ra2

now next episode is like the movie behind enemy line...

that last scene doe... losing a member due to potato... hahahaha
Mar 12, 2017 8:22 PM
Feb 2015
joe_g7 said:
With the doctor's appearance I thought we'd also see Being X blessing the new vehicle or something...

If Tanya succeeds in this mission, which I believe she will, she should be given a medal.
light novel characters are always invincible and overpowred
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

175 by Phixiately »»
Apr 17, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2017

186 by Phixiately »»
Apr 16, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2017

141 by Phixiately »»
Apr 15, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

290 by suyumanda »»
Apr 10, 12:25 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

312 by Phixiately »»
Apr 10, 8:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.