Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Beastars Chapter 1 Discussion

Mar 9, 2017 9:44 AM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This was actually pretty interesting. Regoshi represents the antithesis of a wolf given his personality.

I'm also intrigued by the all animal cast in this series.
Artwork is okay so far but what really impressed me is how the animals are portrayed like humans.

Mar 15, 2017 1:23 PM

really good so far.

Mar 20, 2017 4:18 PM
I already know this is gonna be good. Like the animal designs and the MC is likable.

Sep 3, 2017 6:25 PM
I like it. This is pretty interesting indeed. I'll keep going with this.

Jan 5, 2018 9:14 AM

I know it's a very minor scene, but I liked how that squirrel couldn't crack her nuts, and everybody was like, aren't squirrels supposed to do that at daily basis, very easily? It's like with us humans, when you come from the family that, for example, is managing a bakery, everyone is assuming you are good at that too. But you are not. Someone who doesn't have to do anything with it can be much better at baking or managing its business than you. I don't know. I just like these little scenes like that. Like everything is so human-like. Like when you are scared or sad and all your friends are cheering you up, but actually they are even more worried than you, like that scene with Els and her friends. I like how her friend can't help but think about similarities between her and the victim, poor alpaca Tem... But not daring to tell Els, because she'll panic (obviously). Mangaka does so great job at humanizing them.
And Legosi is perhaps one of the scariest characters, but also most compassionate. He'd rather be considered as potential suspect of murder case than everyone knowing Tem's secret crush for Els until his death.. That's true friend.
And all those canines are so adorable! ❤

May 15, 2018 5:51 PM

Didn't expect a murder right off the bat. I'm getting Zootopia vibes on this one with the whole looking down on carnivores thing

May 21, 5:26 PM

Surprise surprise, I like it, the art looks a bit wonky but this is very interesting so far, I also got some courage the cowardly dog vibes from this.

Jun 10, 3:04 PM

This sure does give Zootopia vibes with the whole carnivores vs herbivores theme, i legit tought Legoshi was going to kill that Alpaca, i should have seen it coming that he wasen't going too.

Good first impression, i do wish however that this isen't just going to be "Zootopia" the manga and that it will have more going for it.