Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2017 9:44 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This was actually pretty interesting. Regoshi represents the antithesis of a wolf given his personality.

I'm also intrigued by the all animal cast in this series.
Artwork is okay so far but what really impressed me is how the animals are portrayed like humans.
Mar 15, 2017 1:23 PM

Nov 2014
really good so far.
Mar 20, 2017 4:18 PM
Sep 2016
I already know this is gonna be good. Like the animal designs and the MC is likable.
Sep 3, 2017 6:25 PM
Jul 2016
I like it. This is pretty interesting indeed. I'll keep going with this.

Jan 5, 2018 9:14 AM

Oct 2016
I know it's a very minor scene, but I liked how that squirrel couldn't crack her nuts, and everybody was like, aren't squirrels supposed to do that at daily basis, very easily? It's like with us humans, when you come from the family that, for example, is managing a bakery, everyone is assuming you are good at that too. But you are not. Someone who doesn't have to do anything with it can be much better at baking or managing its business than you. I don't know. I just like these little scenes like that. Like everything is so human-like. Like when you are scared or sad and all your friends are cheering you up, but actually they are even more worried than you, like that scene with Els and her friends. I like how her friend can't help but think about similarities between her and the victim, poor alpaca Tem... But not daring to tell Els, because she'll panic (obviously). Mangaka does so great job at humanizing them.
And Legosi is perhaps one of the scariest characters, but also most compassionate. He'd rather be considered as potential suspect of murder case than everyone knowing Tem's secret crush for Els until his death.. That's true friend.
And all those canines are so adorable! ❤
May 15, 2018 5:51 PM

Oct 2015
Didn't expect a murder right off the bat. I'm getting Zootopia vibes on this one with the whole looking down on carnivores thing
May 21, 2019 5:26 PM

Oct 2013
Surprise surprise, I like it, the art looks a bit wonky but this is very interesting so far, I also got some courage the cowardly dog vibes from this.
Jun 10, 2019 3:04 PM
Sep 2018
This sure does give Zootopia vibes with the whole carnivores vs herbivores theme, i legit tought Legoshi was going to kill that Alpaca, i should have seen it coming that he wasen't going too.

Good first impression, i do wish however that this isen't just going to be "Zootopia" the manga and that it will have more going for it.
Aug 16, 2019 8:14 PM

Aug 2007
Okay so... I know this is being animated in October but... I need to read this. I've been eyeing it for a long time rip.

Sep 20, 2019 8:05 PM

Feb 2019
I wonder who the murderer is, is it really Legosi?
Sep 27, 2019 11:45 AM

May 2018
This picture triggers me

why is the hippo in the carnivore group
Sep 28, 2019 5:33 PM
Apr 2015
Only_Brad said:
This picture triggers me

why is the hippo in the carnivore group

Hippos are actually omnivorous and have been observed eating meat in the wild since the 90s.

https://mentalfloss.com/article/72550/hippos-eat-way-more-meat-we-thought-and-it-can-make-them-sick
Oct 11, 2019 3:17 PM

Jan 2016
I started the anime today so I decided I would start the manga too, and wow this chapter is a lot different.

I feel like Legoshi is a lot more menacing in the manga. How he's drawn and stuff.
Oct 12, 2019 9:17 PM
May 2012
Hanged_Sparrow said:
I know it's a very minor scene, but I liked how that squirrel couldn't crack her nuts, and everybody was like, aren't squirrels supposed to do that at daily basis, very easily? It's like with us humans, when you come from the family that, for example, is managing a bakery, everyone is assuming you are good at that too. But you are not. Someone who doesn't have to do anything with it can be much better at baking or managing its business than you. I don't know. I just like these little scenes like that. Like everything is so human-like. Like when you are scared or sad and all your friends are cheering you up, but actually they are even more worried than you, like that scene with Els and her friends. I like how her friend can't help but think about similarities between her and the victim, poor alpaca Tem... But not daring to tell Els, because she'll panic (obviously). Mangaka does so great job at humanizing them.
And Legosi is perhaps one of the scariest characters, but also most compassionate. He'd rather be considered as potential suspect of murder case than everyone knowing Tem's secret crush for Els until his death.. That's true friend.
And all those canines are so adorable! ❤

Aw, that's really cute. You're right.

EGOIST said:
Didn't expect a murder right off the bat. I'm getting Zootopia vibes on this one with the whole looking down on carnivores thing

I love that movie, and this one is looking good so far.

BTDee said:
I started the anime today so I decided I would start the manga too, and wow this chapter is a lot different.

I feel like Legoshi is a lot more menacing in the manga. How he's drawn and stuff.

Same.
Oct 29, 2019 10:35 AM

Jun 2015
Wow there's a lot of differences from the anime and manga. I'll be a manga reader for now.
Aug 18, 2020 3:10 PM
Aug 2019
art seems unique, and compared to the anime it makes it *seem* like Legoshi could’ve done it - although he’s shown to be more shy, introverted - and someone who wouldn’t have done it...
Mar 5, 2021 8:28 AM

Mar 2020
I am falling in love with Legosi. Oops, here my furry fetish begins...
“Life is a constant process of dying.”
Jan 10, 2023 12:53 PM
Jan 2023
The manga is quite different from the anime but the manga has it's charm

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beastars Chapter 129 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

7 by Traotora »»
Mar 15, 6:59 PM

Poll: » Beastars Chapter 155 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2019

13 by florencesally009 »»
Dec 29, 2023 2:28 AM

Poll: » Beastars Chapter 106 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2018

10 by Zora_Brightwood »»
Oct 27, 2023 11:45 PM

Poll: » Beastars Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

6 by lavnivi »»
Oct 19, 2023 9:42 AM

Poll: » Beastars Chapter 20 Discussion

BTDarklings - Oct 11, 2019

5 by PedroNoOtaku »»
Jul 23, 2023 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.