Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 9, 2017 4:00 PM

Jul 2015
I think we are all annoyed at this development, not just at the impostor, but just at how unnecessary it is for Masamune to struggle with Aki even more when he still hasn't really made an incredible progress. I don't even like Aki as a character and this ep shows just how stupid she is to go with the impostor idiot when we've all clearly seen that she shows signs of liking Masamune. Like how far do you need to go to establish her as a tsundere ffs
Mar 9, 2017 4:42 PM

Aug 2013
I've been reading the manga side by side with watching each episode of the anime and really...it's not even the situation that's annoying, it's the massive dip in quality of the writing and the development of the characters. It feels like there is so much being forced to drag out the plot that the enjoyment of the series honestly just falls fast.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 9, 2017 4:46 PM

Dec 2009
blixie said:
Those yuri student council girls are pretty annoying.

They sure are... Eww.... -____-
Mar 9, 2017 4:57 PM

May 2015
Oh boy, the amount of "hated it" and "disliked it" says all about this episode.

But yeah, I don't like the chubby guy either, never liked him in the manga too.

Mar 9, 2017 5:18 PM

Nov 2008
Yeah I really FUCKING HATED this new episode and it really pushed my rage buttons, because it screamed sexist to guys, mostly because of Aki's Lesbo Bitch Club.

Also I was right, great, that fucking piece of shit appeared in the anime, let the cringe begin.

(Psst) Hey Masamune drop that Tsundere bitch and go for Neko, this BS revenge is not worth it.

Not to mention its ripping off Nisekoi.
HollowIchigo58Mar 9, 2017 6:32 PM
Mar 9, 2017 5:24 PM

Sep 2012
Well... This was really fuckedup. Didnt like the story progress in this episode. What the fuck with those 3 friends of Aki, the fatty popping up. very fuckedup,annoying and stupid writing. Hate such cliche writings!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2017 5:27 PM
Mar 2017
I dont feel like watching this anymore it kind of ruined the show for me ill just stop watching till they go back to normal in, if they ever do.
Mar 9, 2017 5:45 PM

Sep 2015
The challenge is on !
Mar 9, 2017 5:46 PM
Feb 2017
Based on what I've heard and read, I'm with the vast majority on those who think this phase of the story is regarded as the worst. According to them all, they weren't fans of the fat boy and how easily manipulated Aki is.
Mar 9, 2017 6:38 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, that fat guy is manipulation everyone including Aki, as he wishes lol
Where is that Aki from the first episodes??? Can't believe she is getting manipulated so much... That guy is trying to take her money lol
I still wonder who he is.
When Aki will find out that Masamune is that fat kid that she loved when they were kids, she will definitely fall in love with him.
#MasamuneTeam
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 9, 2017 7:54 PM

Jun 2007
Putting the frustration of the new character f'ing everything up aside, can we talk about the sudden character and artwork changes? Previous episodes felt far more serious. The "joke scenes" were fewer and the art that went with them actually fit. Makabe used to think things through. Now all of a sudden Makabe is super full of himself, joke scenes keep showing up and look way out of place artistically. The thought out suspense and drama have been replaced with what feels like a rushed story. Makabe now no longer thinks things through and we get a sense that he's a completely different character. I'm not digging these changes at all. It's like they started the story over again and turned Makabe into a desperate idiot who makes up goofy songs about himself and shit. I don't know if this was their way of showing how flustered and desperate Makabe at the current moment or if they swapped artists/directors but whatever the case may be, I'm not liking it at all.
Mar 9, 2017 8:33 PM

Nov 2011
This episode was not good, like what kind of writing is this? Then you have Aki basically ripping Futaba for no reason. Man this episode made me cringe, I hate when people get their was, such Garbage.
I'm really starting to enjoy this show less and less each week.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 9, 2017 8:58 PM

May 2016
Kittens-kun said:
ComputerBreath said:
Not the biggest fan of this episode. They made Makabe out to be a super annoying prick. I suppose that was the point but it was really wasn't enjoyable to me. The whole episode itself was kind of annoying. Honestly the only good part was Yoshino's pantie shot.

The only annoying thing he did was that "forcing Aki up against the wall" bs.

That didn't really bother me as much as the way he was acting. It seemed like he was way more full of himself than usual. I suppose it was because of his training but god was it super annoying.
Mar 9, 2017 9:48 PM

Oct 2013
The randomness of someone who had the nickname Masamune, randomly appearing exactly when Aki was thinking about the past is already forced enough, then we got the feminatzi group of 3, worshippers of "goddess" Aki ~ ugh,I'm gonna be sick.

Meanwhile, we get one short glimpse of Masamune's interactions with Neko and the natural way he can talk to her now once against makes it so unfortunate that he rejected her. And I don't mean natural in a childhood friendish way where the MC usually doesn't even consider her a romantic interest, Masamune's aware of her feelings and even considered her as a love interest.
Mar 9, 2017 10:00 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Aki's friends reaction when they saw her hanging out with the chubby Masamune, priceless lol
Seems that new Masamune is just blocking the MC from seeing Aki.
It's quite interesting I'll give it that.
More Neko is always welcomed.

Yoshino and Makabe were hilarious in the park scene. I actually wouldn't mind if hooked up.
Kojuuro's reaction when they announced the play lol
So cute and adorable.

Mar 9, 2017 10:19 PM
Feb 2016
I agree with everyone saying they loved the show up until this point. This is the kind of doppelgänger, plot-muddling bullshit that ruins any harem-type anime that is on he fringe of greatness. Let's be honest, very few are ever excellent, but lazyass "plot twists" like this are literally the worst kind of trash you can use as filler. I was ranking this anime a 9/10, no joke, but after this stupid introduction of convolution, I can't rank it any higher than 6/10—if that. It sucks too, because before the end of the last episode (when they deliberately introduce a character that looks exactly like his old fat self, and they never ONCE discuss their "past" nor his pigs foot nickname) I was eagerly waiting for the next episode. Now I'm just watching it to finish it.... ruined.
blaiceMar 9, 2017 10:24 PM
Mar 9, 2017 10:25 PM

Oct 2015
This episode could have been so awesome if the characters were just slightly more realistic with the way they handle things, I mean how the hell was that fraud pig's foot so easily accepted as someone Aki knew from the past and why doesn't Aki question why he doesn't bring up how things ended the last time they met

Aki's friends were a real pain to watch, why the f*ck should someone else's love live be your business, she can do whatever she wants with herself, this is one of those Japanese idolization habits that i absolutely hate
Mar 9, 2017 10:30 PM

Dec 2011
Just from reading the comment, this series finally shows its worst. Glad i dropped it 2 episodes ago.

God, every character in this series have something wrong in their head.
Mar 9, 2017 11:07 PM

Apr 2016
I hate that fatso!
I was watching with my eyes like dagger staring at that annoying fake fatty.
I hate how everything goes so smoothly with that fatty though.
I hope that fatso's mask will reveal itself before the end of this anime.
It was a good episode but with only 2 episodes left, I wonder how they will deal with that problem.
footmasterMar 9, 2017 11:10 PM
Mar 9, 2017 11:12 PM

Mar 2016
Everyone's bitching about Fatamune-kun and I'm just over here admiring Yoshino

...and her pantsu.
Mar 9, 2017 11:23 PM

Feb 2017
I can agree with most people on this. It is triggering to see this new character come in and ruin everything and i kinda guessed it would happen from the OP but I didn't think it would be like this i did get pretty angry but I'm not going to give it my final rate till the last episode I usually give most the shows i watch good ratings because of how they end so it's rare for me to rate a show lower than a 7 but if masamune doesn't end with Adagaki this is easily going to be 3 for me 😂😂
Mar 9, 2017 11:23 PM

Jan 2013
amazing how just one new character can make a show take such a insufferable nosedive

not even gonna start on Aki's complete 180 and her followers
dannymilkMar 9, 2017 11:28 PM
Mar 9, 2017 11:34 PM
Feb 2017
This new ep pissed me off as well ! The characters are so annoying, so disappointing especially Adagaki.

I hope the final episodes would be better, because I liked the manga & I don't want to drop the entire licence because of the bad adaptation in anime.
Mar 9, 2017 11:41 PM

Mar 2016
Indeed it's amazing how one character can cause this massive salt which I'm enjoying. Just goes to show people were somehow enjoying this, and it got ruined for them by this turn of events .
Mar 10, 2017 12:12 AM

Aug 2015
That's one way to ruin a show.. Aki's and those SCP girls behavior ticked me off why more than that fat bastard!! :I
Aki was way more annoying that usual today..

For real though.., Can't Masamune just say fuck off to Aki at this point and just hook up with the trap(or any other girl)?
Mar 10, 2017 12:43 AM

Jun 2014
Man those 3 girls were hella annoying
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2017 1:06 AM

Jun 2013
Lol wtf this went to something unique to stupid af.
Why do writers do this all the time
Mar 10, 2017 1:33 AM

Jun 2016
Oh gosh the fat kid and Aki's friend is just annoying in this episode. I wonder why can't Aki's friends just let her do at least something that she wants (Not defending Aki, still hate her)

This episode is just frustrating to watch. This episode is only 20 minutes long, but somehow feels twice as long with that annoying fat kid and Aki's 3 annoying female friends.
Mar 10, 2017 1:45 AM

Jan 2013
Whelp that was extremely shitty.

It's not just fatty-kun it's everything about how the episode. Almost everyone in this episode made themselves look more unlikeable and less rootable.

There are many things I could complain about but let me focus on the thing that discussed me the most. Aki's "friends." First off how is it even remotely acceptable for them to screech around that the idea of men being beasts? That they taint the purity of a woman if she were to get with a man. Like how can viewers listen to this and not feel disgusted? They're basically hating on every guy there for what reason, because they're a guy?

And even worse it's not like they care about Aki herself. They're so concerned about their princess being pure they don't even stop to consider what she wants. It's absolutely disgusting. I feel dirty just watching characters treat people like that and not be called out on it.

And they're not even necessary to the story. They just showed up and all they do is actively make watching the show a worse experience.

I didn't have much faith for this show in general but wow this managed to not even be able to hit that. This episode is definitely in the running for the worst episode of the season.
Mar 10, 2017 1:51 AM
Dec 2014
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Indeed it's amazing how one character can cause this massive salt which I'm enjoying. Just goes to show people were somehow enjoying this, and it got ruined for them by this turn of events .

I have the same opinion man. The salt levels are amazing it's even saltier than the pacific ocean hahahaha.
Mar 10, 2017 2:38 AM

Sep 2015
This episode made me read the last chapters of manga, hoping that the conflict will be resolved in some interesting way...

Mar 10, 2017 3:27 AM

May 2016
They said that near the ending will be trash q_q
Mar 10, 2017 3:37 AM
Nov 2016
Hmm, I mean this whole fake masamune thing is interesting and all but this series has lost quite a lot of charm.

Gasou seems like a devious guy, he even accepted masamune's challenge so, let's see what happens....
Mar 10, 2017 4:19 AM
Aug 2014
Makabe should just forget Adagaki and go with Neko. Neko is much better than Adagaki. P.S. Fat guy needs to disappear. But after all this frustration if it favors makabe that'll be a satisfying ending.
Mar 10, 2017 4:20 AM

Apr 2009
normally, i use this anime to wash out the negative atmosphere that Kuzu no Honkai brings upon me on the same day. that show is awesome but i don't want to go through my day feeling awful afterwards so Masamune-kun no Revenge's role is to be the light hearted show to brighten my day up a bit even if it's just an average rom-com. i decided to stop watching this for now until it ends because it's not really fulfilling that role anymore with the current development.
Mar 10, 2017 4:45 AM

Dec 2015
The anime was okay until Neko joined. She was annoying ... but got better later when more about her got revealed and she stopped "playing" and told the truth about her past.

But now that randomly thrown in new character ... feels weird. I doubt they can finish this well in the next 2 episodes.

Too bad ... thought they'd adapt the whole manga since I heard it will end soon. But seems this would need a 2nd season to adapt everything and with this ending I guess I wouldn't want to watch another season.

But let's wait for the next episode. Maybe something interesting happens at the end.
Mar 10, 2017 5:20 AM

Jun 2016
Fircoal said:
Whelp that was extremely shitty.
It's not just fatty-kun it's everything about how the episode. Almost everyone in this episode made themselves look more unlikeable and less rootable.

There are many things I could complain about but let me focus on the thing that discussed me the most. Aki's "friends." First off how is it even remotely acceptable for them to screech around that the idea of men being beasts? That they taint the purity of a woman if she were to get with a man. Like how can viewers listen to this and not feel disgusted? They're basically hating on every guy there for what reason, because they're a guy?

And even worse it's not like they care about Aki herself. They're so concerned about their princess being pure they don't even stop to consider what she wants. It's absolutely disgusting. I feel dirty just watching characters treat people like that and not be called out on it.

I agree. Even if we ignore the whole "Hating men" thing, Aki's "friends" is still rude, annoying, almost contribute nothing to the plot, being too overprotective friends to the point of controlling Aki (Another trope I despise), and overall just a waste of screentime.

And oh god, I can't stand those cringe scenes where Aki's friends imagining Aki loses her purity to Masamune. It's quite fascinating how they can turn a potentially funny scene with Masamune frustrated about losing to the fat kid to a cringe-fest of nothing but Aki's annoying friends "talking" about Aki's privacy.

Ugh.
Mar 10, 2017 5:32 AM

Aug 2016
Bruh "he" is annoying

Set by SenpieX
Mar 10, 2017 5:48 AM

Feb 2017
komasan said:
My enjoyment of this show went from 100 to 0 real quick.

it went from 100 to -100 for me lol, and it's for the obvious reasons..
Mar 10, 2017 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
Granted that were forced out another grain for Masamune, but overall, the episode is fun, especially thanks to Piglet, as usual, and old and "almost" new characters. Drawings etc, in the standard, such as quality; This last aspect, it never changes. XD
Mar 10, 2017 5:54 AM

Feb 2017
My response as I watched this episode:

Mar 10, 2017 5:59 AM

Nov 2015
Who's that new guy, where did he come from.

Really unnecessary development.

Mar 10, 2017 6:15 AM

Sep 2015
Like manga like anime the salt is real LOL

sorry for anime only this season will stuck on where lots people will drop/hate this series (its half of the story)
Into the Internet!
Mar 10, 2017 6:47 AM

Feb 2008
Well, things took an exceedingly awkward turn...
Mar 10, 2017 6:48 AM

May 2015
xull said:
Who's that new guy, where did he come from.

Really unnecessary development.

He's been in the OP the entire time.

Mar 10, 2017 6:52 AM

May 2015
Chendroshee said:
Just from reading the comment, this series finally shows its worst. Glad i dropped it 2 episodes ago.

God, every character in this series have something wrong in their head.

Yet you still come back here just to complain? lol.

Mar 10, 2017 6:53 AM

May 2015
blaice said:
I agree with everyone saying they loved the show up until this point. This is the kind of doppelgänger, plot-muddling bullshit that ruins any harem-type anime that is on he fringe of greatness. Let's be honest, very few are ever excellent, but lazyass "plot twists" like this are literally the worst kind of trash you can use as filler. I was ranking this anime a 9/10, no joke, but after this stupid introduction of convolution, I can't rank it any higher than 6/10—if that. It sucks too, because before the end of the last episode (when they deliberately introduce a character that looks exactly like his old fat self, and they never ONCE discuss their "past" nor his pigs foot nickname) I was eagerly waiting for the next episode. Now I'm just watching it to finish it.... ruined.

There's still 2 episodes for this to blow over. Stop overreacting.

Mar 10, 2017 7:35 AM

Dec 2013
Feels like a lot of you have only just discovered NTR, which is pretty surprising.
I can feel the hate festering in this thread. Yeah, just about right.... Just like they did it in the manga.

To be perfectly fair, I thought the author did a great job in creating this tub of lard, and also in creating a situation in which Masamune would find difficult to break down.

In any case, here's hoping we do end up at la Tour Eiffel. Looking forward to seeing more hate in this thread XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 10, 2017 7:36 AM
Feb 2016
Kittens-kun said:
blaice said:

There's still 2 episodes for this to blow over. Stop overreacting.

Just because you think introducing a shit plot into the ending of a series is acceptable to be considered good, that is your opinion. In my opinion, you have low standards of quality. So, we can agree to disagree, as this already ruined it for me. You can't just introduce idiotic plot, reintroduce a character you created so much drama about dying, and then introduce the cunt triplets and expect the quality to maintain through what is unquestionably going to be a painstakingly hard to finish ending (because I DO NOT want to watch this fatass doppelganger and that is what the last episodes will be comprised of, so I DO KNOW that this will not "blow over" in the last two episodes).
blaiceMar 10, 2017 7:40 AM
Mar 10, 2017 8:03 AM

Oct 2015
We are finally at snow white arc, time to see gasou get rekt, Shuri + makabe too strong of a combo. Shuri getting picked by class rep all day haha.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

218 by Lkunnnss »»
Yesterday, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

371 by Fleicher »»
Apr 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

145 by Cheese_Enjoyer07 »»
Jan 2, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

230 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2017

130 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 9:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.