3It was OK
4.1%
2Disliked it
1.8%
1Hated it
0.8%
Average 4.7
609 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 8, 2017 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another charming episode :D
We got focus on Kanna and her life at school as a kid. I also like how well she is getting along with Kobayashi, contrary to how they first met.

The sports competition was fun to watch since Toru and Kobayashi also showed up. And Quetzalcoatl's tits. The competition made the episode more exciting between the kids. Riko and Kanna make a nice team! Lol the lick.

Mar 8, 2017 8:10 AM

Apr 2010
Elma having some hard choices.
But it looks like things went ok in the sports festival Kanna was holding back a lot despite winning.
It was nice to watch but too many brats around.
Mar 8, 2017 8:19 AM

Jan 2012
Kanna's Sports Day! About as adorable and wonderful as expected/usual! XD

Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
And Quetzalcoatl's tits

No shame Stark! Lucoa's big, beautiful tits are national treasures! XD
Mar 8, 2017 8:49 AM

Apr 2014
I'm already so tired of Lucoa at this point. There's only so many jokes you can make about 'dude boobs lmao' until it gets stale and repetitive.
Mar 8, 2017 9:07 AM

May 2012
Aw man, that was pretty heartwarming in the first half. The rest of the episode was pretty funny and adorable.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of Saikawa's reactions to Kanna, such a gif goldmine

Mar 8, 2017 9:09 AM

Jan 2012
Hongu said:
I'm already so tired of Lucoa at this point. There's only so many jokes you can make about 'dude boobs lmao' until it gets stale and repetitive.

Vehemently disagree, but opinions, right? ;)
Mar 8, 2017 9:11 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Kanna episodes are the best episodes.

I almost squealed when she said that she loves Kobayashi. <3

Lucoa and the people's reactions to her were surprisingly funny.

Kanna x Saikawa
Mar 8, 2017 9:27 AM

Jan 2010
This was a really sweet episode. It was touching to see Kanna explicitly say that Kobayashi is like a mother.
Even when Riko was explaining to Kanna about how moms and dads come, Kanna's first thought was Kobayashi.

Although I don't have kids (not even sure if I do want them lmao), I've recently ended my internship as a student teacher for Kindergarten and it really does mean a lot to kids for their parents to show up to school events or any of their performances. It's very subtle and you wouldn't think much of it. But showing up means you're there to support them and I think that's what Kanna wanted even while knowing Kobayashi was busy with work. She's so sweet!
Also liked how close Riko and Kanna have become. Kanna taking initiative to comfort Riko at the end of the race was precious!

[edit: lol @ kanna]
cottonpieMar 8, 2017 9:37 AM
Mar 8, 2017 9:29 AM

Jun 2010
The, "World Class." Joke was amazing. xD.

Lucoa is MVP this episode. Shouta just stoically winning all of the competitions because the rest of the young boys were to busy looking at her boobs was hilarious.

I really wish they wouldn't Flanderize Riko so much by using that face over and over again. It wasn't really that funny the first time, and it's been run into the dirt at this point.

All of the Elma scenes seemed tossed in and pointless.
Mar 8, 2017 9:43 AM

Aug 2013
Kanna's episode

man, I wanna see more Elma tho :/
Mar 8, 2017 9:46 AM

Jun 2015
The first half was heartwarming. Kobayashi worked extra hard to attend the sports festival. The sports competition was fun to watch. Riko and Kanna make a nice team. Lucoa's tits being '"world class" was funny. Elma having tough choices was amusing.
Mar 8, 2017 9:49 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
If there was any question about who the best girl of this anime was still (there wasn't), Kanna pretty much blew the rest of the competition away with this episode

I find myself fanboying over her more and more every week honestly. At this point she might even be in my top 5 most moe characters ever. She's pretty much up there along the likes of Chino and Tsukiko at this point
Mar 8, 2017 9:57 AM

Jan 2015
I don't know why, but suddenly slight of tears coming out when Kanna said to Kobayashi that it's okay for her if she can't come to the Sport Festival. Just a slight. :(
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 8, 2017 9:58 AM

Nov 2014
Kanna episode was guaranteed success, no doubt about it, but I'm disappointed Elma didn't get more scenes.

Now I'm waiting for someone to make Kanna's lick gif.
Mar 8, 2017 10:07 AM

Apr 2013

Goodness gracious...go to the damn festival, Kobayashi.
Mar 8, 2017 10:13 AM

Sep 2015
Is the creator of Kanna a god ?
Mar 8, 2017 10:15 AM

Jun 2016
Great episode. As I read somewhere, this supposed to be an original episode. Really the pacing was so much better when the whole episode is dedicated to one story than having 2-3 mini-stories per episode because of a short manga chapters.
Once again moderate fanservice, sadly no Tohru x Koba. Lucoa's tits are getting annoying.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2017 10:18 AM

Sep 2016
need more elma and fafnir
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 8, 2017 10:26 AM

Feb 2008
animefan8800 said:

Stark700 said:
And Quetzalcoatl's tits

world class even. Saikawa was just on fire this time around lol.
Mar 8, 2017 10:26 AM

Jan 2016
Amusing episode xD Seriously, Kanna can't be cuter!

Lucoa's "World Class" joke tho. It was accepted by everyone lmao
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 8, 2017 10:27 AM

Mar 2016
Mascera said:
I don't know why, but suddenly slight of tears coming out when Kanna said to Kobayashi that it's okay for her if she can't come to the Sport Festival. Just a slight. :(
OMG i'm glad i'm not the only one, i started tearing up during this episode jus cause of how much kobayashi has found a family with tohru and kanna !!! it makes me so happy
Mar 8, 2017 10:41 AM

Sep 2015
I'm sorry, MAL − it's not perfect, but at least I tried ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

https://streamable.com/xvgg6
Mar 8, 2017 10:48 AM

Jan 2012
Hongu said:
animefan8800 said:

Well yeah, all you ever talk about is tits.

Not true, check out my 3-gatsu no Lion posts among others, but they are my favorite runner! ;)
kisami said:
animefan8800 said:

world class even. Saikawa was just on fire this time around lol.

This guy gets it! XD
Mar 8, 2017 10:54 AM

Apr 2010
another Kanna-centric episode, so instant <3 <3 <3

also Elma having problems with "multiple choices" in the human world, lol.. hope we get an episode focused on her in the future too..
Mar 8, 2017 11:09 AM

Apr 2014
حلقة مضحكة جدا

Mar 8, 2017 11:11 AM

Aug 2014
saikawa's character is really starting to creep me out . almost the same old cringy jokes every episode but i guess the episode was ok .
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 8, 2017 11:12 AM

Apr 2015
Lucoa with her bewbs was hilarious xdd
Mar 8, 2017 11:17 AM

Feb 2017
I got saikawa-ed on this episode. Too much moe halp
Mar 8, 2017 11:28 AM

Jul 2014
Really enjoyed this episode, as it was nice to see Kobayashi work so hard to support Kanna at the Sports Festival. That aside, it was hilarious how the judge accepted Lucoa as "world class", but then the reactions of the people around her certainly seemed to support that. The interludes with Elma were pretty funny as well, so I hope we see more of her again soon.
Mar 8, 2017 11:36 AM
Oct 2016
Whaaaat? I NEED MORE KANNA X SAIKAWA!!!
Mar 8, 2017 12:05 PM

May 2014
I really enjoyed this Kanna Episode

I really laugh on how kanna imagined sports festival is like

Elma seems having trouble in choosing what she wants

It was good seeing Kobayashi working hard just to attend Kanna's Sport fest

hehehe Tohru you still couldnt feed Kobayashi with your tail meat
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2017 12:19 PM

Oct 2008
Holy crap that was the most amazing thing I ever saw. Kanna is too pure for this Earth. But seriously, another Kanna episode, another phenomenal viewing experience. Kobayashi and Kanna's relationship cannot get any more heartfelt. The direction, music and tension in that last race scene was so intense! (>.<) At least she finally got her wish! (^o^)
Mar 8, 2017 12:20 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
This episode pretty much confirmed for me that its my favorite anime this season. (outside of sequels of course)
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 8, 2017 12:25 PM

Jun 2013
Another simply wonderful episode!
Mar 8, 2017 12:44 PM

Jun 2012
Such sweet episode, i almost got teary eyed :) Im surprised Lucoa wasn't ask to leave, there were little kids there, and she was little...revealing :)
Mar 8, 2017 12:56 PM
Feb 2017
Needed more Lucoa "distractions."
Mar 8, 2017 1:02 PM

Aug 2013
Chrabo said:

I died in this moment xD
Another 10/10 episode.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 8, 2017 1:37 PM

Jun 2012
I really hope this series will have at least 24-25 episodes :)
Mar 8, 2017 1:45 PM
Jan 2016
Oh god, cuteness overload! This series seriously warms my heart. :D
Mar 8, 2017 2:05 PM

Feb 2014
So there we have it. Lucoa's tits are regarded as "world class". All the male kids and their fathers all enjoyed admiring Lucoa's constant tits jiggling everywhere! =P

Saikawa was also amusing as well. Her facegasm reaction to brushing Kanna helped her team win the tug 'o' war, which was impressive. However, it was in the relay where despite Saikawa's unfortunate stumble, she got back into it, passed the baton to Kanna and watched in amazement as Kanna won it for her class. The scene was made even better all thanks to the stellar soundtrack too.

Elma didn't get much screentime, but she did have her problems with the huge variety of options of takoyaki, ice-cream and even toothpaste. I wonder if she'll ever get used to it? XD

Once again, this episode is able to make me laugh plenty of times, but it really hits the bullseye with the heart-warming moments that makes the characters really shine and stand out. With the next episode being themed around Christmas, I expect the heart-warming theme to continue its fine form. =)
Mar 8, 2017 2:32 PM

Jun 2011
Hongu said:
animefan8800 said:

Well yeah, all you ever talk about is tits.

Someone is salty af. Go drop it if you're tired of it. We don't need anymore hatewatchers.

Even if I know Kanna's class was going to win a mile away, it was still really fun going from the underdog to number one. Just goes to show that a mix of hardwork and OPness you can get over bullshit shounen losing trope.

Sad that the disappointing part is Elma's scenes. I'm pretty sure this is another one of those anime-only segments because they're just so out of place from the rest of the episode.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Mar 8, 2017 2:38 PM

Feb 2015
Definitely one of the best episodes yet! SO cute and heartwarming, also plenty of funny moments. Kanna is so adorable, and it's really nice to see Kobayashi accepting that she's changing, even if she finds it difficult to come to terms with. Lucoa didn't feel out of place this time, and was actually very funny :3 I love this anime so much.
Mar 8, 2017 2:49 PM

Feb 2013
Chrabo said:

10/10
Kanna's Special Episode XD
MyAnimeList』 『』 『MyMangaList
Mar 8, 2017 2:50 PM

Mar 2013
teagon said:
Great episode. As I read somewhere, this supposed to be an original episode. Really the pacing was so much better when the whole episode is dedicated to one story than having 2-3 mini-stories per episode because of a short manga chapters.
The episode isn't 100% original: the original chapter had Kobayashi not being able to attend parents day. Replacing it with a sports festival fits the pacing of an episode better, but I'd say it's not quite the same emotional impact.
Mar 8, 2017 2:52 PM
Jul 2016
Kanna is starting to rival Renge as my favourite moe character!
Mar 8, 2017 2:56 PM

Nov 2015
A Kanna episode this week. It was cute, the sports festival was fun.

Mar 8, 2017 2:57 PM
Jul 2016
kamil88 said:
I really hope this series will have at least 24-25 episodes :)

I can't see that happening since we've already had the beach episode.
Mar 8, 2017 3:24 PM

Jan 2013
neonie said:
The, "World Class." Joke was amazing. xD.

Lucoa is MVP this episode. Shouta just stoically winning all of the competitions because the rest of the young boys were to busy looking at her boobs was hilarious.

I really wish they wouldn't Flanderize Riko so much by using that face over and over again. It wasn't really that funny the first time, and it's been run into the dirt at this point.

All of the Elma scenes seemed tossed in and pointless.

Seems like there's two camps who watch this series. Those who hate Lucua's joke being used over and over again and those getting tired of Riko's joke being used over and over again.

Meh. I'm actually OK with both. Comedy's subjective in the end, but I found both to be pretty funny. They added more of Lucoa and Riko in the anime then what existed in the manga so maybe this is the downside of anime-original content.

Though I do remember there being a sports festival for some reason in the manga. Is my memory playing tricks on me? Maybe it was like 1 4koma and they stretched it out. Gotta reread.

Anyways, at episode 9

I wonder why they won't at least try and catch up with the manga. There's way more content for them to adapt... I hope they're saving up for a season 2 since Kyoani actually does make them.
Mar 8, 2017 3:47 PM

Nov 2011
Man this episode got me a little teary eyed. When Kana said she loved Kobayashi man that freaking got me. Also when Kanna saw how hard she was working...T_T

Lucoa being "World Class" though LOL

Poor Elma, a lot of hard decisions.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 8, 2017 4:06 PM
Dec 2015
This was the best episode of the series yet IMO. That first half was absolutely phenomenal. Kanna and Kobayashi always had the mother/daughter dynamic, so it was interesting to see how a situation like this would play out. Natually, Kanna would be disappointed, given her past and her newfound sense of belonging with Kobayashi and Tooru as a family. This whole episode showed a mastery of body language. Normally, Kanna manages to seem happy regardless of her blank expression thanks to her body language and the backgrounds. This time, we could totally feel her disappointment because she moved a lot less and the few times she did move seemed stiff and slow, plus the colorful backgrounds during her cute scenes were missing. Kobayashi herself showed this mastery as well many times. The way she sat on the couch as Tooru talked about Kanna's parents, the way she showed dedication and happiness at working so she could come to sports day, her excitement while watching Kanna compete, and her nostalgia while the dragons find a place to play. The scene of Kanna reluctantly telling Kobayashi that it was ok for her to not come was particularly poignant. Shots where only one of them was in the frame always had empty space on the other side to visually convey the fact that they are connected, but the space between when both were in the frame signified a divide, even if it's temporary. Little shots of Kanna's hand tightening and the natural motion of Kobayashi changing her position while she contemplates really sell this. Those movements feel so natural, and it makes the characters feel so real. Even little things like the conversation Kobayashi had with the guy at work felt very real thanks to great writing and character animation. Excellent visual storytelling as always from Kyoani. The second half was also great, with some of the funniest moments yet. Even Lucoa's usually uncomfortable boob jokes managed to be pretty funny this time, and Elma choosing different foods and eventually trying to pick what toothpaste to use was fantastic. Overall, phenomenal episode from arguably my fave of the season.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2017

189 by MoonlightVT »»
Apr 12, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

315 by _untitled »»
Apr 7, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2017

131 by _untitled »»
Apr 2, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2017

113 by _untitled »»
Apr 1, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2017

169 by _untitled »»
Mar 31, 7:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.