Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 7, 2017 6:20 AM

Nov 2014
this animation quality is shit tier compared to last season's, looks like a run of the mill budget filler one piece episode

is another studio doing this adaption? something across the whole board feels off to me (although the comedy is still great).
Mar 7, 2017 7:08 AM

Sep 2011
Snappynator said:
Vallhallla said:
So is this season's gintama going to be 20-ish episodes?
It's going to be 13 episodes.
its been deconfirmed, series is getting a 2nd cour going straight in to silver soul arc.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 7, 2017 12:18 PM

Aug 2014
JizzyHitler said:
Snappynator said:
It's going to be 13 episodes.
its been deconfirmed, series is getting a 2nd cour going straight in to silver soul arc.
Oh really? Damn great to hear!
Mar 7, 2017 1:32 PM

Jul 2009
Really great episode, I'm excited to see Kamui getting his ass whooped.

Meanwhile Umibozu be like
Mar 7, 2017 11:40 PM
Oct 2011
don't worry, Gin's not the only one to whoop ass, but Kamui too!
Dorks...
Mar 8, 2017 3:41 PM

Mar 2015
Gin-san vs Kamui HYPE!!
Mar 9, 2017 11:12 PM
Sep 2011
I loved Gin's entrance akd how he is oping kamui. This is one of my favorite parts in this entire arc, so far anyway.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MrsRoyMustang&sclick=1]
Mar 11, 2017 10:34 AM

Dec 2012
Thanks to Umibouzu, Utsuro seems to have lost his immortality power.
We finally know the full story about this family. I understand better how Kamui thinks. He is stupid! Enjoy the life with your family.

Next week Baka Aniki vs GINTOKI!

Poor Umibouzu, he always tried to protect his family. I hope Gintoki will succeed to protect him.
Mar 11, 2017 12:11 PM
Oct 2011
Sakaitsu said:
We finally know the full story about this family. I understand better how Kamui thinks. He is stupid! Enjoy the life with your family.

Poor Umibouzu, he always tried to protect his family. I hope Gintoki will succeed to protect him.
Kamui isn't really stupid because he's understandable. And despite the fact Umibozu is now a better father,he still used to be an incompetent one for indirectly turning Kamui into the guy he is now.
Mar 11, 2017 12:54 PM

Dec 2012
Warrior3 said:
Sakaitsu said:

Kamui isn't really stupid because he's understandable. And despite the fact Umibozu is now a better father,he still used to be an incompetent one for indirectly turning Kamui into the guy he is now.

No, I agree. He is not really stupid, but the fact that it is almost impossible to change him, it's frustrating.
Mar 11, 2017 1:29 PM
Oct 2011
Sakaitsu said:
Warrior3 said:

No, I agree. He is not really stupid, but the fact that it is almost impossible to change him, it's frustrating.
nothing is impossible. If you read the manga, then my words prove this fact,lol.
Mar 12, 2017 3:00 AM

Jun 2013
Nem said:
this animation quality is shit tier compared to last season's, looks like a run of the mill budget filler one piece episode

is another studio doing this adaption? something across the whole board feels off to me (although the comedy is still great).

fuck it.. even the 2015 season had problems, whats wrong with them?
Mar 12, 2017 10:37 AM

Jan 2016
Sakaitsu said:
Warrior3 said:

Kamui was stupid, so was umibouzu. That's the whole point. Kamui takes on Umibouzu a lot, he mirrors everything that his father does. Kouka said this. Umi wasn't an incompetent father, he did what was right, we might think that maybe if he had listened to Kouka and just stayed with the family, Kamui wouldve done the same. But remember Umibouzu was a hunter first before he was a father, and that's why he chose to leave and hunt because that's what he did best. Same goes to Kamui, like umi he followed his instinct too much. That's why kagura calls them idiot father and idiot brother. They're stupid, a lot of gintama characters are stupid at some point. but that doesn't mean they're bad and unforgivable.

Can't wait for today's episode. I hate the idiot brothers bowl in the manga because Kamui got a lot of abuse, but after watching the sneak peak and listening to gin chan's tender voice trying to get through to Kamui, I think I might love it.

Mar 15, 2017 4:02 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Umibouzu loses the fihgt vs. Utsuro.... Utsuro is strongest!!!!! O__O Who wil can kill to Utsuro? :/

Gintoki, always cool!!! kekeke
Mar 20, 2017 5:28 PM

Feb 2017
I just never want Gintama to end. !!

Loved Gin-chan's screentime at the end when he challenged Kamui.

I'll be interested to know how much of a fight Kamui puts up! :D
Mar 24, 2017 2:58 AM

Jun 2013
Yep, knew it. Kamui was going to blame their father for "killing" his mother. Awww, Kamui was so cute with baby Kagura D:

I WOULD feel sorry for Kamui but his logic is fucked up. Kagura is right, he hasn't changed, he's still a little crybaby.

Also, Gin-san coming in and saving Kagura and bad-mouthing Kamui while getting himself knocked out when he headbutted Umibouzu was awesome lol
臭い-
Mar 28, 2017 2:43 AM

Mar 2012
Dam, Umibozou put up a great fight. Shame he got cheesed by the old "regenerated from a separated body part" trick :(
Apr 2, 2017 12:04 PM

Mar 2008
Umibozu.. what an outstanding character!
Apr 9, 2017 3:06 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that ending! Pretty great episode again, looking forward to see what's next.
Aug 9, 2017 5:46 PM
Aug 2017
Can any one tell me what is the name of the ost when gintoki stops kamoi and start talking about kagura
Nov 23, 2017 4:12 PM
Oct 2011
psychogum said:
Sakaitsu said:

Kamui was stupid, so was umibouzu. That's the whole point. Kamui takes on Umibouzu a lot, he mirrors everything that his father does. Kouka said this. Umi wasn't an incompetent father, he did what was right, we might think that maybe if he had listened to Kouka and just stayed with the family, Kamui wouldve done the same. But remember Umibouzu was a hunter first before he was a father, and that's why he chose to leave and hunt because that's what he did best. Same goes to Kamui, like umi he followed his instinct too much. That's why kagura calls them idiot father and idiot brother. They're stupid, a lot of gintama characters are stupid at some point. but that doesn't mean they're bad and unforgivable.

Can't wait for today's episode. I hate the idiot brothers bowl in the manga because Kamui got a lot of abuse, but after watching the sneak peak and listening to gin chan's tender voice trying to get through to Kamui, I think I might love it.
if Kamui was stupid enough, then it was STUPID baldy's fault, still, he as a parent takes any responsibilities for his children. Why he was an idiot who turned his son into a "villain"? the fact he didn't explain properly how to defend their loved ones instead of just keeping on saying "get stronger" everytime before leaving for a not particular time, promising he'd save mami, while Kamui and Kagura were suffering way too much in the troublesome city he had settled his family on instead of "the beautiful blue planet". He just didn't know how to be a good father and he admitted that himself several times throughout the series
Feb 24, 2018 4:19 PM

Nov 2016
Lmao,Gin got hurt himself due to that headbutt.

Finally got a more focus on Kamuis past and the motivation behind his thirst for strength.

Technically one could say that Umibouzu was indeed strong enough to kill Utusro,too bad that latter one has too maby tricks. Was a badass fight.

And the hype doesn't stop, next fight looks dope too.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 17, 2018 9:09 PM
Sep 2017
Gotta love how Gintoki is always willing to do something stupid (like head-butting Omibouzu) in order to take the burden on himself to help out those he cares about. He deliberately antagonized Kamui into turning his anger on him, so that he would stop attacking Umibouzu. And that’s why Gin-chan is so freaking awesome.

Baby Kagura and young Kamui are just too cute for words. <3
May 23, 2018 4:15 AM

Jul 2013
What? Are you telling me that if Umibozu managed to give his wife that crystal she would have lived? Damn and I can't blame Kamui for hating his dad too, this is why you don't keep these kinds of secrets to your kids. But if Kamui was aware about that crystal that could possibly save his mom he would've gone to find it himself and probably die in the process. Anyway why didn't Kouka just visit her planet maybe stay there for a couple of weeks or months gather her strength then come back to her family or she can bring them along. I mean she managed to live long enough to have two kids after leaving her planet so why not visit every 10 years or so and then everyone is happy.
Jan 2, 2019 7:02 AM

Dec 2012
LOL FUCKING GINTOKI HEADBUTTING UMIBOZU AND HURTING HIMSELF

May 10, 2019 3:31 PM

Apr 2012
Good stuff on Kouka and fam, but Gintoki taking a face punch from one of the strongest Yato like it's nothing ( although I understand the dramatisation) I don't think so.
Jun 24, 2019 7:35 AM

May 2015
That headbutt almost took gintoki. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 26, 2019 11:11 AM
Apr 2018
I loved the Utsuro Umibozu fight but Kamui is such an idiot. He wouldn't have been born if Kouka didn't leave her planet. Plus she would've just lived a lonely existence. Umibozu gave her a family and happiness. I know Kamui is going to be redeemed but he doesn't deserve it. Remember what he did to the courtesans in Yoshiwara in Flames? Remember how he's tried to kill Kagura multiple times? Protecting his family my ass.
Sep 26, 2019 11:14 AM
Apr 2018
Bibimbapski said:
Yep, knew it. Kamui was going to blame their father for "killing" his mother. Awww, Kamui was so cute with baby Kagura D:

I WOULD feel sorry for Kamui but his logic is fucked up. Kagura is right, he hasn't changed, he's still a little crybaby.

Also, Gin-san coming in and saving Kagura and bad-mouthing Kamui while getting himself knocked out when he headbutted Umibouzu was awesome lol

Agreed. I hate Kamui. He became a cold blooded murderer because he couldn't save his mother but he's tried to kill his sister multiple times.
Sep 26, 2019 11:17 AM
Apr 2018
hassan0297 said:
Well, I can certainly see where Kamui's coming from. Being exposed to such a burden may have proved too much for him.
Also....... I can't be the only one who wants Kamui to kick Gintoki's ass right? xD
I hope they make this fight legit (Haven't read the manga) cuz the way i see it, Kamui can downright kill Gintoki.

Okita and Gintoki are roughly equal, though I suspect Gin is slightly stronger. Okita and Kamui fought each other to a draw. Therefore Kamui isn't stronger than Gin.
Sep 26, 2019 11:19 AM
Apr 2018
SwordRed said:
Why couldn't the green crystal save Kagura and Kamui's mom?

I think he was too late. The fight with Kamui meant he didn't get it to her in time.
Sep 26, 2019 11:20 AM
Apr 2018
Hershel_Layton said:
So, why can't Utsuro just go to another planet and wait there till his Altana dries up? Or better yet, let Umibouzou kill him, since Umibouzu found a way to do that? For a character who wants to kill himself, his actions don't make much sense.

Or he could just fly into the sun or a black hole.
Oct 11, 2019 12:33 AM

May 2016
I have waited from the first time they sneaked a glimpse of Yato's past for this day to come.
Nov 22, 2019 9:14 PM
Apr 2016
Oh wow, even papi lost, it was a great fight though. I'm surprised that Shoyo (or that thing) is actually an earthling, that's a big big surprise, to think an earthling could get that powerful (even when ignoring the immortal part). Seems like Gin vs. Kamui is about to go down, I hope it will actually happen.
Nov 26, 2019 6:33 AM

Mar 2015
Holy shit what an awesome episode!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 17, 2020 5:03 PM

Jan 2013
Oh come on ... he managed to regenerate from his lost arm?
Kamui vs Gintoki ... should be good.
Apr 16, 2020 8:37 AM

Aug 2019
We get things from Kamui's perspective now. Baby Kagura was adorable but both Kamui and her had to bear quite the burden. This episode was quite emotional too, especially Umibozu's lines after he lost his arm. Damn that Utsuro is too OP. The fight was awesome and Umibozu actually did manage to defeat him but sucks that he could regenerate from his arm.
Kagura is right, both Umibozu and Kamui are stupid. Loved the flashbacks and the presence of young Hosen and Abuto and how he tried to protect Kamui.
Gintoki's entrance was epic and loved the headbutt lol. Now Gintoki vs Kamui.
Mayo-13Apr 16, 2020 9:18 PM

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Aug 12, 2020 10:41 PM

Aug 2018
Utsuro is unstoppable, he can literally never die, how is gintoki gonna defeat him????

Oct 17, 2020 2:25 AM

Jul 2020
Amazing episode, finally some light on Kamui and Umibozou's conflict. I just hope Umibozou will not die.

And Utsuro coming back to life with that arm that was cut off earlier? Well that was unexpected. Wonder how he get that powerful if he's an earthling. And if he's an earthling maybe Shoyou is the real one and Utsuro just made him a vessel or something.

Jan 28, 2021 12:37 PM

Dec 2019
Abuto is underrated imo

Feb 28, 2021 12:56 AM

Jul 2020
ooh this going to be Gintoki vs Kamui
Mar 19, 2021 12:03 AM

May 2020
Cool, an insight into Kamui’s past.
Also, baby Kagura is very cute!
May 9, 2021 9:06 PM

Jan 2016
Baby Kagura is everything . So damn cute

May 24, 2021 5:37 PM

Feb 2014
Baby girl Kagura is so damn adorable, I'm literally crying at how cute this was.
Aug 2, 2021 9:40 PM
Apr 2021
Kamui flashback is nothing special, crybaby brat... Just a childish reason to become a villain.. Even Kagura is more matured than him..
keqingsupremacyAug 5, 2021 10:15 AM

Nov 25, 2021 2:11 AM

Jun 2020
This was a really good episode. Great flashbacks and a way to kill Utsuro. Finally, it's time for Gin vs Kamui, been waiting for this for ages now...
Mar 3, 2022 5:29 PM

Nov 2010
Thanks to Kankou's efforts, I think they have a fighting chance against Utsuro in the future. Unless he manages to replenish his altana supply before they get to him. Kankou's one tough mofo, even after all that damage, he's still alive.

Kamui needs some tough love. I do understand his anger though, since I'm also a mama's boy. lol
Mar 19, 2022 7:23 AM

Feb 2012
lmaoo "i'm the strongest now"
Kouka lived a much better life like that than alone in her planet.
Kamui(Baka Aniki) vs Gintoki is about to start, looking forward for it

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

May 29, 2022 6:52 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well I kinda understand how Kamui feels but well, it would have been better for him to actually protect his mother following Umibouzu's way and not blaming everything on it and dividing the whole family while his mother just died later, but if nothing of it didn't happen there would be no family at al xD so better choose your existence over nothing... well anyway the flashback part was good (and seeing baby kagura is just so cute xD) though it's sad how it ended up in Umibouzu vs Kamui when it's still the same in the present :S Though I would say Umibouzu vs Utsuro and his move to inject him foreign Astana was quite clever but even this method couldn't finish him for good damn, this guy is just way too op... Gintoki's appearance to stop the Kamui/Umibouzu conflict was totally epic even though he can still be so ridiculous with the powerless headbutt XD Great episode.
Jul 30, 2022 3:57 AM
Jul 2018
At some point, Umibozu's family was best but it all crumbled because of him or kamui, idk?!
The backstory was amazing, Kagura looked cute.
Umibozu is easily the 3nd Strongest character in Gintama series. And he came soo close to kill Utsuro.

Next episode we are going to get Gintoki vs Kamui!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Anyone could explain ep 12 i couldnt able to understand whats happening?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Feb 15

6 by seelenfresser51 »»
Feb 17, 2:10 PM

» Katsura loves ikumatsu ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Feb 16

4 by Tsuna10vongola »»
Feb 16, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Gintama. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jan 22, 2017

109 by otakuweek »»
Jan 11, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Gintama. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 26, 2017

187 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 1, 2023 3:07 PM

Poll: » Gintama. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 19, 2017

67 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 1, 2023 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.