Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 5, 2017 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Akko and her actions in this show never ceases to amuse me...

She even somehow manages to mess up in the cemetery. Thought this episode was rather amusing with the return of the dead. The part where the guy got smashed by a car while trying to save Akko but then putting himself back together was priceless imo lol

The episode was okay, felt a bit awkward at times but still pretty entertaining.

Mar 5, 2017 7:51 AM

Apr 2010
The girls creating trouble again, well they didn't listen which caused the problem.
Anyway it was funny to see that most of the trouble was actually caused by the death guy why wasn't aware of his position it seems.
Anyway they did something good as well.
Mar 5, 2017 4:31 PM

Dec 2016
I liked this episode very much, not only i loved the scene where Miranda could reencounter with her father, but also the comment of Sucy killing the precious moment when the guy had just left xD.
Mar 5, 2017 8:34 PM

Aug 2015
...How are these people not expelled (or in prison)? Also, Chumlee returns.
Mar 5, 2017 8:43 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
AvidAnimeViewer said:
Lmaoooooooooo xD

I figured out the truth behind the old man once they found the magic store, so I was very pleased to see how it all turned out

Such a sweet goodbye between father and daughter :'')
Mar 5, 2017 8:55 PM

Jan 2015
Well at least Akko and Lotte's act can calm down the situation at the town for a bit.
And that ending, so heart-touching.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 5, 2017 9:00 PM

Jan 2014
When does the plot kick in, though.. >__________>

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Mar 5, 2017 9:12 PM

Jun 2013
That was a cute episode. Akko needs to learn when to give up . _.

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Mar 5, 2017 9:34 PM

Jun 2015
Another episode where Akko doesn't listen, does whatever she wants and gets punished for it. This time she raised someone from the dead, who was the headmistress's father. They had a nice reunion. Got to see Chumlee again.
Mar 5, 2017 9:42 PM
Feb 2010
Zelev said:
Huh? Who said LWA needs a plot?
Mar 5, 2017 9:48 PM

Dec 2012
Akko bringing back the dead.
Sweet reunion between Headmistress Miranda & her dad.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 5, 2017 10:00 PM

Jan 2009
they resurrected the dead corpse of the headmistress's father lol

glad that Akko can do some magic now even if its imperfect
Mar 5, 2017 10:17 PM

Jan 2014
Cetais said:
Zelev said:

Each episode is the same :/
1) Akko is told not to do something.
2) Akko does it anyway.
3) It gets solved somehow because she is main character.

At least Cowboy Bebop had an overarching plot. I don't really see that here. Maybe in a couple more episodes...

Mar 5, 2017 11:53 PM

Jan 2014
Zelev said:
Cetais said:

2) Akko does it anyway.

At least Cowboy Bebop had an overarching plot. I don't really see that here. Maybe in a couple more episodes...

What about the overarching question about whether or not magic still has a purpose in their world with technology?

Is that technically a theme or a plot? Or is it setup for the plot?

It's been constantly proposed in a few episodes....Fafnir, Andrew and through mentioning the Golden Age of Magic. I'm pretty sure that Andrew will return and that question will be brought up again. For example, Earl of Hanbridge and Andrew will probably close Luna Nova (due to irrelevance or financial troubles) unless they can prove magic's usefulness. My guess would be Akko and company will host a gigantic magic show (with maybe the return of Shiny Chariot?) that proves financially successful and inspires a slew of new applicants; thus changing Andrews mindset and saves the school.
Mar 6, 2017 12:26 AM

Jan 2014
JustDan said:
Zelev said:

2) Akko does it anyway.

What about the overarching question about whether or not magic still has a purpose in their world with technology?

It's been constantly proposed in a few episodes....Fafnir, Andrew and through mentioning the Golden Age of Magic. I'm pretty sure that Andrew will return and that question will be brought up again. For example, Earl of Hanbridge and Andrew will probably close Luna Nova (due to irrelevance or financial troubles) unless they can prove magic's usefulness. My guess would be Akko and company will host a gigantic magic show (with maybe the return of Shiny Chariot?) that proves financially successful and inspires a slew of new applicants; thus changing Andrews mindset and saves the school.

Lol damn, I think you just spoiled the show for everyone xD

Mar 6, 2017 3:42 AM

Dec 2015
So I noticed the curio shop they go to is called the Last Wednesday Society.
There is a curio shop in London called The Last Tuesday Society. Damn this show is full of hidden references.

Mar 6, 2017 4:21 AM
Feb 2017
Honestly, this episode was everything I ever wanted. Sure Akko accidentally raised the dead but at least she did it with magic, magic which she actually created. It shows that her abilities are growing.

The Headmistress is a nice lady and we get why she has sort of a soft spot for Akko. She reminded a lot of her father who was actually human. From another point of view, its rather touching that the Headmistress actually wanted non Witches to enroll and learn to be Witches as a reminder to herself that she was part human.
Mar 6, 2017 5:37 AM

Feb 2014
Akko does what she does best once more. Because of that though, it makes episodes like this very entertaining.

The old skeleton man was really amusing as he tried to remember himself as well as charging into the town to find what he was looking for. It was only when he got to the bell when it finally clicked into my mind that he and the headmistress Miranda were related.

Thanks to Akko's magic once again, both Miranda and her father had a special reunion in front of her mother's grave. It was a really sweet send off for her father too. =)

I do expect some small arc to happen in later episodes, but for now, these last few episodic adventures have been thoroughly awesome. =)
Mar 6, 2017 5:45 AM
Sep 2012
Okay this episode was awesome. It was hilarious but yet gave me the feels. So what happened the beginning, were they making a time capsule or something? Don't really get it.

Anyone getting on Akko's case for causing trouble again, this time is mostly Sucy's fault. It was her shortcut that lead to the cemetery. And was Akko and Sucy together that raised the dead.

So this skeleton guy raises form the dead, I thought he was a pirate at first, though we find out later he was just some normal dude. What is with that attire?

Some hilarious shenanigans ensue, like the dead guy going through garbage and our girls pretend he is their crazy grandpa, the fake street show, just hilarious. And Sucy just sitting there all calm at the bar, she might cause a lot of trouble, but she is best girl. Nice to see the coffee shop again, and the guy that works there.

But we got the feels at the end, headmaster Miranda and her dad reunite, I have to admit, that was touching. This shows knows how to tug at the emotion, it can make me laugh and cry all within a short time.

The reveal that the headmaster is half human half witch, that has to give Akko some hope, between this and finding out about Shinning Chariot's childhood, becoming a headmaster at a witch school is a great accomplishment, and for a half breed to do that, that is quite an accomplishment, granted Akko is less than that, she is a no breed, but still hope, though I don't think her dream to headmaster, still she has no limit to what she can accomplish.
Mar 6, 2017 5:46 AM
Jan 2010
chum lee is an ass tbqh
Mar 6, 2017 6:44 AM

Dec 2012
Not a bad episode, but I'm starting to get a little tired of it. I don't mind the stories being too convenient because I love the antics of the main cast and the whole universe this is set in, but the lack of plot, or even a slight sense of threat is becoming a problem.

I mean, look at both OVA's. A giant dragon and then a titan. I know both got solved very conveniently with the Shiny arcuuuuu ass pull but, at least there was some fighting / an antagonist / a dangerous matter to solve.

I don't mind the overly ordinary nature of these episodes, but I hope something does happen soon. It's far too episodic for my taste. It was fine the first few eps, but we're almost at the half and nothing of importance has happened yet.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Mar 6, 2017 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
Pleasant watching this episode, although there is no real progress in history, but only the progress of yet another story connected to it. Sucy and his strange mushroom, is always so much fun. The quality of the drawings and animations, it tastes great.

Bobby2Hands said:
So I noticed the curio shop they go to is called the Last Wednesday Society.
There is a curio shop in London called The Last Tuesday Society. Damn this show is full of hidden references.

Oh! Thanks for the tip, just go to London or there goes some of my acquaintances, I'll ask him to take many beautiful pictures of that store.
Mar 6, 2017 7:41 AM

Jul 2008
The last 2 episodes have been entertaining but I hope Kagari will keep improving instead of ending the way she is. I love the episode where she improved her fish language understanding and I do want her to be better in managing all her flaws by the time the finale comes by.
Mar 6, 2017 7:54 AM
Apr 2014
This episode was garbage. A Fairy Tale style of writing is an insult to the viewer. Not to mention the art and animation quality is a step down.

Raising the dead, destruction of propriety, littering, terrorizing civilians with a sharp blade. Punishment? Fixing broken brooms ofcourse, because she is the main character and we still have more episodes to animate.

The only way to move on is to wipe this episode from memory.
Mar 6, 2017 8:30 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Akko's magic is clearly working in some way when she's determined to help others.

I'm a sucker for stories like there, so i was quite sad at the end.
Mar 6, 2017 8:34 AM

Jan 2011
I hate how this episode just has Akko being stupid for the sake of a plot.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Mar 6, 2017 8:45 AM
Oct 2015
that scene in the end with the leaves was just so beautiful.
Mar 6, 2017 9:09 AM

Mar 2017
AvidAnimeViewer said:

Because the plot demands for it :D
Mar 6, 2017 9:20 AM

Mar 2017
I also wanna point out how pretty Ursula Sensei is in this episode!! She looks so lovely and I can't wait for more episodes where she teaches Akko to improve with her magic. I mean, Akko kindda needs the help XD

Also, the little quarrel between Sucy and Akko at the end was pretty cute and funny :3
Mar 6, 2017 9:29 AM
Sep 2012
Maybe I am presumptuous to think this, but perhaps Finneran is the way she is, is because of a frustrated love life. So maybe if they found her a boyfriend or a girlfriend whatever floats her, she won't be so mean. She reminds me of the troll teacher in Star vs the Forces of Evil or Miss Haruna from Sailor Moon, when their personnel relationship are going well, they are nicer. Maybe set her up with the neighbor from Loud House.
blfanMar 6, 2017 9:32 AM
Mar 6, 2017 9:44 AM

Apr 2016
Getting kinda tired with this same plot each episode, we really need some sort of development now. We have had the same problems each episode or do this still think that its a film.

I honestly hope at the 12th episode we get a decent story going/adventure. Can't deal with this slice of life BS.
Mar 6, 2017 10:48 AM

May 2010
The whole episode was like calm down Petelgeuse's incarnation.
Mar 6, 2017 12:45 PM
Feb 2017
MasterHavik said:

It's less about Akko being stupid but instead more about how extremely cautious Akko has developed. Getting almost expelled can do a number on people even those like Akko. Why do you think Akko had asked Ursula to teach her how to create a restoration potion? Akko noticed her own pattern and decided to make this potion in case of emergency. Anyone who has never experienced expulsion couldn't understand at all.

Also factors needed to take in. To be honest, it's Sucy's fault for messing up the spell. Akko's spell would have worked if Sucy hadn't been to close. If you didn't notice, Sucy noticed its her fault everything's happening and prepared that memory potion.
Mar 6, 2017 12:56 PM

Dec 2014
This was the first episode that kind of bored me. I think it was due to the repetitive plot structure and how I couldn't care less about the skeleton. Akko doing stupid shit as usual at the beginning of the episode didn't help, though it's nice to see her be slightly more competent with magic.
I need sleep.
Mar 6, 2017 1:05 PM

Jan 2011
20Ani17Analyzer said:
MasterHavik said:

It's less about Akko being stupid but instead more about how extremely cautious Akko has developed. Getting almost expelled can do a number on people even those like Akko. Why do you think Akko had asked Ursula to teach her how to create a restoration potion? Akko noticed her own pattern and decided to make this potion in case of emergency. Anyone who has never experienced expulsion couldn't understand at all.

Also factors needed to take in. To be honest, it's Sucy's fault for messing up the spell. Akko's spell would have worked if Sucy hadn't been to close. If you didn't notice, Sucy noticed its her fault everything's happening and prepared that memory potion.
Actually Akko was the one who wanted to use magic to pick up the tombstone and bump into Sucy. Akko didn't develop here. She was just being stupid for the sake of a plot. She didn't grow here and it pisses me off because I really like her. Akko should know by now defying the witches' rule. Besides she did the classic, "OH don't be a worrywart Lotte. No one will know." Akko can be very hardheaded.
MasterHavikMar 6, 2017 1:22 PM
Mar 6, 2017 1:08 PM

Sep 2009
This is episode is droppable for me. Very predictable, nothing surprising. The beginning was good though.
Mar 6, 2017 1:13 PM
Feb 2017
MasterHavik said:
20Ani17Analyzer said:

Actually Akk owas the one who wanted to use magic to pick up the tombstone and bump into Sucy. Akko didn't develop here. She was just being stupid for the sake of a plot. She didn't grow here and it pisses me off because I really like her. Akko should know by now defying the witches' rule. Besides she did the classic, "OH don't be a worrywart Lotte. No one will know." Akko can be very hardheaded.

You mean the same Witches' rule that destroyed Chariot's reputation and killed off Diana's dream?
Mar 6, 2017 1:23 PM

Jan 2011
20Ani17Analyzer said:
MasterHavik said:
Actually Akk owas the one who wanted to use magic to pick up the tombstone and bump into Sucy. Akko didn't develop here. She was just being stupid for the sake of a plot. She didn't grow here and it pisses me off because I really like her. Akko should know by now defying the witches' rule. Besides she did the classic, "OH don't be a worrywart Lotte. No one will know." Akko can be very hardheaded.

You mean the same Witches' rule that destroyed Chariot's reputation and killed off Diana's dream?
I know they're bitches but they are kind of right here. They said no magic but Akko didn't listen.
Mar 6, 2017 1:35 PM
Feb 2017
MasterHavik said:
20Ani17Analyzer said:

I know they're bitches but they are kind of right here. They said no magic but Akko didn't listen.

Either way, it's actually nice for Akko to hear that even a half witch could become a prominent figure in the magic world. Also, I think it may have been for the best. At least Halbrooke get to mend fences with her father. We just have to look at their antics in the long run.
Mar 6, 2017 1:49 PM

Nov 2015
A lot of brooms lol.

Mar 6, 2017 1:50 PM
Feb 2017
xull said:
A lot of brooms lol.
xull said:
A lot of brooms lol.

Oh, so that's what happen to all those brooms Mickey chopped down in the Sorcerer's apprentice.
Mar 6, 2017 2:07 PM

Jun 2013
i think the headmistress was high at the start of the episode
Mar 6, 2017 2:22 PM
Feb 2017
Axelucard said:
i think the headmistress was high at the start of the episode

Possible but since this was the time she took out that staff her father made for her, I guess she was just renewing vows with her human roots.
Mar 6, 2017 4:27 PM

Jun 2013
Probably one of my least favorite episodes so far, still decent nonetheless.
Mar 6, 2017 4:37 PM

Oct 2011
Nice reunion with the headmistress father.
Mar 6, 2017 4:48 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Quite the touching story, but still one of the lamer episodes so far. I'm hoping we begin to see a cohesive story form soon.
Mar 6, 2017 5:04 PM

Jan 2013
Another great episode with a heartwarming story.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 6, 2017 5:13 PM

Aug 2015
So bringing people back to life is so damn easy with magic. Why?
Mar 6, 2017 5:13 PM

Jun 2014
Thank goodness Akko didn't use alchemy, that may have cost her an arm and a leg......

I couldn't help but chuckle when Sucy at the end said something about how fun a world full of mushrooms would be. All I imagined at that point was a bunch of people just high on shrooms 24/7.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 6, 2017 5:23 PM

Jan 2014
Zelev said:
JustDan said:

Lol damn, I think you just spoiled the show for everyone xD

No spoilers. Just a fan theory. I promise.

With LWA being a 24 episode (2 cour) season, the plot/conflict might show up at the mid-season point. However, if the show remains episodic...I won't mind. There's still a ton of missing character development for Professor Ursula and Diana.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2017

152 by LFC123 »»
Mar 21, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

159 by Sr_Caneca »»
Mar 7, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

310 by HoneyBees91 »»
Feb 28, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2017

186 by trueauracoral »»
Feb 18, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2017

125 by ViSpace »»
Feb 5, 6:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.