Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 5, 2017 12:34 PM

Apr 2013
gets better every episode.

But none of this would have happened if everyone just listened to fucking Biscuit.
Mar 5, 2017 1:07 PM

Sep 2011
This show really isnt going the way I expected it to for this finale, both exciting cause its averting my expectations but also worrisome given the low episode count (still seems ambiguous as to whether this is 51 episode or just 50 like mal has it at). I do think the chances of mcgillis being the final boss are alot lower after this episode but we will see, i mean its also kind of in gundam tradition to have a 3 way final battle anyway and I can kind of see this show making it so kudelia tries to bail tekkadan out but in the process need to fight both rustal and mcgillis.

Also people need to really look at jullietta's character alot more than face value, shes one of the single most innocent characters in the entire series, shes never fought underhandedly but rather just fought for her own even at the cost of her life. Shes a parrallel to how tekkadan were at the start of the series being used as nothing but tools expecting to die in battle but eventually finding the drive to live on as a human. I realize people are mad she killed shino (though to be fair, shino killed himself not her) but again she did nothing more than protect her own. Its not like Iok who used underhanded and cowardly tactics which btw jullieta was the only one to actually take note that what iok did was fucked.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 5, 2017 1:51 PM
Mar 2017
Funny thing that people here are pissed off because Julietta survived. She should be dead because Shino died because of her. Well in my opinion, I think we shouldn't blame her that Shino is dead. He knew the risk when he deployed and Julietta just did what a soldier must done, that is to protect their group against enemy attacks. It's kinda logic that if you are an artillery type mobilesuit, you should at least bring a back up to cover you. IBO war tactics is kinda lacking in this series, if UC type of soldiers has been dispatched here in this series, they can easily turn the tables because they have better tacticians in their ranks. It's like watching two High Ego leaders clash their ideals and putting the Tekkadan team in the middle.
Mar 5, 2017 2:16 PM
Mar 2017
Previous ep:

This ep:

The sudden reappearance of the cockpit hatch is worrying. I'm not liking where this is going, if they're going to make Shino survive this after the emotional end of the previous ep.
Mar 5, 2017 2:19 PM

Sep 2011
naimosaurus said:
Previous ep:

This ep:

The sudden reappearance of the cockpit hatch is worrying. I'm not liking where this is going, if they're going to make Shino survive this after the emotional end of the previous ep.

I seriously doubt they would bring him back, I mean we saw him as a person die on screen not just his mech, he literally blew up in an explosion while bleeding profusely without a helmet on. I'd be more worried if the show hadnt already killed off lafter the way they did since her alongside shino were the fake out kills of last season.

But hypothetically if your worry comes to reality, that'd be seriously horseshit.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 5, 2017 2:28 PM

Apr 2009
naimosaurus said:
Previous ep:

This ep:

The cockpit literally was put on fire, exploded, then recompensed in the previous episode, I wouldn't worry too much about details. :P Even the bandages shouldn't even be there but they are for the symbolism.

Crazier stuff happened in anime, but they way the anime handled him felt pretty final.
Jin_uzukiMar 5, 2017 2:36 PM

Mar 5, 2017 3:12 PM
May 2014
Jin_uzuki said:
naimosaurus said:
Previous ep:

This ep:

The cockpit literally was put on fire, exploded, then recompensed in the previous episode, I wouldn't worry too much about details. :P Even the bandages shouldn't even be there but they are for the symbolism.

Crazier stuff happened in anime, but they way the anime handled him felt pretty final.

They shot him with anti-ship munition and he is clearly not a ship.
Mar 5, 2017 3:19 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I don't get the hate for Julietta. She never really did anything despicable so far and seems pretty resolute about her faith in Rustal. Some might find that annoying but it's mainly because Rustal represent the most annoying aspect of Gjallahorn (maintain status quo and put themselves on a high horse)

It's not like Ein who is mentally unstable.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 5, 2017 3:21 PM

Jun 2013
are they fucking with us? that bitch survived but they are killing Tekkadan left and right
Mar 5, 2017 3:29 PM

Sep 2015
I was thinking Yamagi was gonna start fighting in a mobile suit but he didn't. My Gali X Julieta ship is still alive.
Mar 5, 2017 3:34 PM
Dec 2016
luccide said:
After watching this episode, I strongly wished I could have watch the real Gundam IBO script. What I meant was, the writer meant to kill Shino and a few of the sub important characters in season 1 but the higher management stopped that from happening. Which further mean, what the writer actually planned for this season had to be slightly changed so the story can be fit in to kill whoever that was supposed to die in season 1.

Look at it this way, if they had all been killed off in S1, there wouldn't be any more meaningful characters left to kill off in S2 without having to introduce 2-3 more main characters just to off them.

Eugene was seriously on point this episode. Orga may survive the series but be stripped of his boss position.
starkipraggyMar 5, 2017 3:39 PM
Mar 5, 2017 3:55 PM

Dec 2016
Damn Shino and Isurgi gone in the wind
Mar 5, 2017 4:36 PM

Sep 2011
wakka9ca said:
I don't get the hate for Julietta. She never really did anything despicable so far and seems pretty resolute about her faith in Rustal. Some might find that annoying but it's mainly because Rustal represent the most annoying aspect of Gjallahorn (maintain status quo and put themselves on a high horse)

It's not like Ein who is mentally unstable.
I really think its just cause shino died because of her, but she was just protecting her own.

I said it in my above post, but julietta is one of the single most innocent characters in the whole show. Out of the ghallahjorn crew shes the one I think should survive.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 5, 2017 5:19 PM
Dec 2016
luccide said:
I was expecting Bael to be super cool but him losing to Gaelio wasn't in my opinion.

Well, Bael has what, two swords? Meanwhile, KimaVi is stacked with drill knees, katana, and giant drill-lance that can shoot even more deathly drills.

Plus, Gaelio was fighting with the Gundam's full potential since he was assisted by Ein's brain in AV-System type E. On the other hand, McGillis was piloting Bael manually with a broken hand (thanks to Almiria) this entire battle. Bael being able to survive that long was a testament to McGillis' skill. So, I think Bael is still cool (design-wise).
Mar 5, 2017 5:30 PM

Apr 2015
The last 2 episodes were just ok. I can't understand why waste so many time screen with Julieta. That character is useless. And what's irritating me a lot is that some characters die easily, but others just don't die. Where is the coherence of the show?

Unfortunately, I don't think this season will be good as the first.
Mar 5, 2017 5:45 PM

May 2015
Damn I have a feeling that Mika is going to lose her humanity (berserker mode, Barbatos red eyes mode) hope if that comes true he can go back, but I'm not too sure if he can’t go back without dying or disconnecting the link causing him to lose his body's central nervous system.

Why is it that now that the boys (Tekkadan) are back in Mars they are gonna be aided by Ex-turbines leaded by Azee and McMurdo & Teiwaz branches.

4 episodes to go...

JizzyHitler said:
Also people need to really look at jullietta's character alot more than face value, shes one of the single most innocent characters in the entire series, shes never fought underhandedly but rather just fought for her own even at the cost of her life. Shes a parrallel to how tekkadan were at the start of the series being used as nothing but tools expecting to die in battle but eventually finding the drive to live on as a human. I realize people are mad she killed shino (though to be fair, shino killed himself not her) but again she did nothing more than protect her own. Its not like Iok who used underhanded and cowardly tactics which btw jullieta was the only one to actually take note that what iok did was fucked.
I don’t like her as a character (to me she is like Carta [arrogantly believing oneself superior to others] but with a humble past), maybe if she suffered this injury sooner/early and the show exhibited her change in her thinking [I said thinking as way of fighting {less talk & humbler}, because she is devoted to Rastall and nothing can change that(?)] but I have to say... to you... Well said!
Mar 5, 2017 6:07 PM
Dec 2016
Roy_Focker said:
I don’t like her as a character (to me she is like Carta [arrogantly believing oneself superior to others] but with a humble past), maybe if she suffered this injury sooner/early and the show exhibited her change in her thinking [I said thinking as way of fighting {less talk & humbler},
Julieta was fighting Mika while literally admitting that she's weak and is nothing compared to Mika's skill, but she will keep on fighting him regardless or die trying to protect Rustal. How can she be more humble than that? Kiilling herself in a fight? And she is nothing like Carta Issue. Carta was just a spoiled gal obsessed with her own sense of honor while still being a condescending racist to space rats and spacenoids while Julieta just wants to be useful for Rustal who she owed her life to.
Mar 5, 2017 6:26 PM

Apr 2016
julieta is a cockroach confirmed
Mar 5, 2017 6:31 PM

Oct 2008
Looks like Mars will also forsake them!
4/5.

Mar 5, 2017 7:02 PM

Mar 2014
Jin_uzuki said:
AnimeSoap said:

Shino acknowledged Yamagi's feelings but he pretty much family zoned him. It never was a realistic ship unlike Lafter and Akihiro which would have become a thing sooner or later.

lol, nice double standards you have here.

Not really. Shino isn't gay or bisexual apparently, so why would Shino x Yamagi be a thing?
Mar 5, 2017 7:14 PM

Mar 2014
sun123 said:
The last 2 episodes were just ok. I can't understand why waste so many time screen with Julieta. That character is useless. And what's irritating me a lot is that some characters die easily, but others just don't die. Where is the coherence of the show?

Unfortunately, I don't think this season will be good as the first.

Stuff like this has been happening since season 1. Examples: Gaileo surviving. Lafter, Azee and Shino not dying against Ein. Yet Biscuit and Carta do die.
Nothing new here. Sometimes the characters die and sometimes they don't.
So if you're going to make this a point of critique don't conveniently ignore the first season.
Mar 5, 2017 8:36 PM

Sep 2013
How so unlikely of Mika to not finish off an opponent <_<

That out-of-place Almiria scene >_>

And yup. Rustal is definitely better than McGillis in terms of intelligence and tactical prowess. Burn the Dainsleif. I never imagined McGillis would be so incompetent and underwhelming as a leader? I mean.. he made his way up the Gjallarhorn ranks so he shouldn't be this disappointing, no? He already underwhelmed me enough during the "big reveal" of his plans a few episodes back, but this seriously takes the cake. I am disappointed and scared for Tekkadan.
Mar 5, 2017 9:26 PM
Jun 2010
IF rustals team happens to pick up shino and save his life and in the event that shino gains consciousness and contact tekkaden then it will be tekkaden who will betray mcgillis. Even though orga said that they never betray those who chose them as partner, this time is an exemption because a lot of his family member died and his priority is his family not his loyalty to his words abt betrayal. (IF shino is alive)
Mar 5, 2017 9:28 PM

Jan 2014
AnimeSoap said:
Jin_uzuki said:

Not really. Shino isn't gay or bisexual apparently, so why would Shino x Yamagi be a thing?

Shino never said it wouldn't work because Yamagi was a boy like him. He was just confused because they were all considered family but Kudelia and Atra are part of that family and are in love with Mika. Shino is an open person and it was implied that if he had lived, he would have ended up with Yamagi hence the promising to drink together alone after confirming his suspicion that he did like him.
Mar 5, 2017 9:32 PM

Mar 2014
Jotakak said:
AnimeSoap said:

Shino never said it wouldn't work because Yamagi was a boy like him. He was just confused because they were all considered family but Kudelia and Atra are part of that family and are in love with Mika. Shino is an open person and it was implied that if he had lived, he would have ended up with Yamagi hence the promising to drink together alone after confirming his suspicion that he did like him.

Drinking together doesn't mean that they will get together. Shino didnt seem to show interest, he did with girls though.
Mar 5, 2017 9:37 PM

Sep 2011
Jin_uzuki said:
AnimeSoap said:

Shino acknowledged Yamagi's feelings but he pretty much family zoned him. It never was a realistic ship unlike Lafter and Akihiro which would have become a thing sooner or later.

Hold on, wait. Are you telling me that two completely different relationships have two different standards applied to them. My mind is blown.
Mar 5, 2017 9:42 PM
Sep 2012
This feels like a scenario where Tekkadan is back to zero. McGillis ditched by Gjhallahorn (by Rustal, obviously), and Tekkadan and himself will be at wits' end. Rustal and his fleet seem to be someone with no flaws except for using banned weapons and getting away with it.

If things go on like this, Gjhallahorn is going to take over Mars, and Mikazuki and the others will be back to being dogs. Unless something drastic happens like the DESTINY plan from the SEED series, I have a feeling we will be back to Episode 1's situation again.

That's me being paranoid. Sunrise is definitely looking to end the series by the season finale.
Mar 5, 2017 9:46 PM

Jan 2014
I don't want hope to crush me but if all these fucking asshats can keep surviving then I'm going to believe that Shino is alive too. His body wasn't recovered, his mobile suit wasn't caught up in the blast and it's possible he could have been picked up by the enemy. I don't even care if it's all bullshit, especially since the butterfly-eating bitch survived.

Also, I'm so happy to have a Shino flashback affirming Yamagi's love with him being touched and open about it. I noticed that the assholes last episode calling it a bromance had nothing to say about it this time. Now we just need the other assholes to shut up about Shino not being gay or bisexual. Newsflash! You don't get to decide that. We've known Shino as a womanizer, who liked sex but was never interested in women romantically. He was still so dense and new when it came to love and he was actually happy that someone like Yamagi loved him despite thinking he was someone who didn't DESERVE to be loved.
JotakakMar 5, 2017 11:46 PM
Mar 5, 2017 9:49 PM

Jan 2014
AnimeSoap said:
Jotakak said:

Drinking together doesn't mean that they will get together. Shino didnt seem to show interest, he did with girls though.

Shino liked sex but he's never shown interest in girls romantically so you can't rule out him being open to a relationship with Yamagi, especially after that flashback where he was happy that someone like Yamagi could love someone like him.

Edit: Also, Shino wouldn't lead Yamagi on after finding out that he did, in fact, like him.
JotakakMar 5, 2017 9:57 PM
Mar 5, 2017 10:29 PM

Mar 2014
Jotakak said:
AnimeSoap said:

Shino liked sex but he's never shown interest in girls romantically so you can't rule out him being open to a relationship with Yamagi, especially after that flashback where he was happy that someone like Yamagi could love someone like him.

Edit: Also, Shino wouldn't lead Yamagi on after finding out that he did, in fact, like him.

I think he accepts his feelings, but that doesn't mean he is interested romantically. He is just a nice guy.
I get your point though. Agree to disagree.
Mar 5, 2017 10:40 PM
Jan 2015
McGillis is just being toyed with by Rustal.

Btw, if this was one of the older Gundam series having a 3 to 1 Gundam frame ratio would put the side with the most Gundams at a huge advantage. Most Gundam's were equal to small armies back then, but that isn't the case in IBO.
My Queens

Mar 5, 2017 10:47 PM

Apr 2009
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Jin_uzuki said:

Hold on, wait. Are you telling me that two completely different relationships have two different standards applied to them. My mind is blown.

No, I'm just calling him and people like him and you hypocrite. Akihiro doesn't show any interest in women, Lafer barely registered on his radar romantically. Heck last episode he even tells you he has doesn't need women (or money). But apparently it's the greatest love story never told and it would have been 100% canon.

The double standards and gay panic is hilarious. "T-they are not gay and wouldn't have worked, <random shout-out to straight couple with barely any development>, t-there is nothing gay about the show I'm watching."

(No, I'm not saying Akihiro and Lafter weren't a couple-to be.)

AnimeSoap said:

Shino is not a real person, if the authors want for Shino x Yamagi to be a thing, it can be a thing. There is nothing that prevent Shino in being interested in exploring his relationship with Yamagi or wanting to explore it.

The scene in episode 46 isn't used to "family-zone" Yamagi, but to

1) To explain to you why Shino hadn't noticed Yamagi's feelings until know. (Contrary to people who keep denying it until now, if a dude acted like Yamagi, you would get a clue pretty fast)
2) Show you that Shino is OK with Yamagi liking him and is quite comfortable with the fact.
3) Show you that Shino already suspected about Yamagi was interested in him.

Now with this knowledge you should re-watch episode 45. Shino gets very touchy with him, putting their helmets together (Which looks vaguely sexual at times), stroking his hairs and generally giving him looks:

(Even his "I'll bring you to a place with lots of pretty girls" has another connotation now, it looks like someone testing the waters)

Shino is aware that Yamagi may have liked him when he is doing all of this, and from Lafter's episode, he know what means to go out alone with someone who has feelings for you:

With these facts in mind, can you say the author was actually portraying one-side desperate love that would have gone nowhere? If he did, I don't think he did it a pretty good job in episode 45 and certainly not in episode 46.

Obviously, I know enough that I can't convince you or people like you that he was open to it, I know that some people deny every gay subplot in animu until the end of time and I'm sure people will find plenty of ways to no-homo it, but I do find the double standards quite hilarious. You are not even talking about some random fujobait pairing, you are talking about a pairing that gets quite a lot of support from the staff and it's treated like any other pairing in the show:

Jin_uzukiMar 6, 2017 12:56 PM

Mar 5, 2017 10:57 PM

Mar 2014
Jin_uzuki said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

No, I'm just calling him and people like him and you hypocrite. Akihiro doesn't show any interest in women, Lafer barely registered on his radar romantically. Heck last episode he even tells you he has doesn't need women (or money). But apparently it's the greatest love story never told and it would have been 100% canon.

The double standards and gay panic is hilarious. "T-they are not gay and wouldn't have worked, <random shout-up to straight couple with barely any development>, t-there is nothing gay about the show I'm watching."

AnimeSoap said:

Shino is not a real person, if the authors want for Shino x Yamagi to be a thing, it can be a thing. There is nothing that prevent Shino in being interested in exploring his relationship with Yamagi or wanting to explore it.

1) To explain to you why Shino hadn't noticed Yamagi's feelings until know. (Contrary to people who keep denying it until now, if a dude acted like Yamagi, you would get a clue pretty fast)
2) Show you that Shino is OK with Yamagi liking him and is quite comfortable with the fact.

Now with this knowledge you should re-watch episode 45. Shino gets very touching with him, putting their helmet together (Which looks vaguely sexual at times), stroking his hairs and generally giving him looks:

(Even his "I'll bring you to a place with lots of pretty girls has another connotation now, it looks like someone testing the waters)

Shino is aware that Yamagi may have liked him when he was doing all of it, and from Lafter's episode, he knows what means to go out alone with someone who has feeling for you:

With these facts in mind, can you say the author was actually portraying one-side desperate love that would have gone nowhere? If he did, I don't think he did it pretty well in episode 45 and certainly not episode 46.

Obvious, I know enough that I can't convince you or people like you that he was open to it, I know that some people deny every gay subplot in animu until the end of time and I'm sure people will find plenty of ways to no-homo it, but I do find the double standards quite hilarious. You are not even talking about some random fujobait pairing, you are talking about a pairing that gets quite a lot of support from the staff and it's treated like any other pairing in the show:

Good points. I have nothing against it if it's canon. I gotta say you convinced me that Shino would have possibly been open to it. Hadn't gave much thought to individual scenes in retrospect.
Mar 5, 2017 11:09 PM

Jan 2014
Jin_uzuki said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

The double standards and gay panic is hilarious. "T-they are not gay and wouldn't have worked, <random shout-up to straight couple with barely any development>, t-there is nothing gay about the show I'm watching."

AnimeSoap said:

Now with this knowledge you should re-watch episode 45. Shino gets very touchy with him, putting their helmets together (Which looks vaguely sexual at times), stroking his hairs and generally giving him looks:

(Even his "I'll bring you to a place with lots of pretty girls" has another connotation now, it looks like someone testing the waters)

Shino is aware that Yamagi may have liked him when he was doing all of this, and from Lafter's episode, he knows what means to go out alone with someone who has feelings for you:

With these facts in mind, can you say the author was actually portraying one-side desperate love that would have gone nowhere? If he did, I don't think he did it a pretty good job in episode 45 and certainly not in episode 46.

Obviously, I know enough that I can't convince you or people like you that he was open to it, I know that some people deny every gay subplot in animu until the end of time and I'm sure people will find plenty of ways to no-homo it, but I do find the double standards quite hilarious. You are not even talking about some random fujobait pairing, you are talking about a pairing that gets quite a lot of support from the staff and it's treated like any other pairing in the show:

THANK YOU. I was literally getting those exact screenshots to point out the same things but when I reloaded the page, BAM RIGHT IN MY FACE. I'm so happy.
Mar 5, 2017 11:42 PM
Dec 2016
einschlx said:
How so unlikely of Mika to not finish off an opponent <_<

Eh, there’s nothing strange about that. You want me to list the named opponents that Mika didn’t finish off or make sure that they were deader than dead?

Gaelio & McGillis: during their first fight
Ein: a couple of times
Carta: after killing Biscuit on that island, Mika somehow let her go.

And mind you that was early Mika. What Mika did to Julieta is pretty much the same with how he abandoned Ein after the later’s MS was punctured by Kimaris’ lance that Barbatos threw. In short, Mika considered him incapacitated and as good as dead if left alone, just like Julieta this episode. Ironically, the opponent in both cases turned out alive by sheer luck even though the odds are stacked against them. Julieta was even caught by the chaff explosion afterwards giving more weight to Mika’s judgement to abandon the spot as soon as possible like Orga ordered.

einschlx said:
That out-of-place Almiria scene >_>

Wha? Seriously? Don't you know the point and significance of Almiria's flash in that scene?

einschlx said:
And yup. Rustal is definitely better than McGillis in terms of intelligence and tactical prowess. Burn the Dainsleif. I never imagined McGillis would be so incompetent and underwhelming as a leader? I mean.. he made his way up the Gjallarhorn ranks so he shouldn't be this disappointing, no? He already underwhelmed me enough during the "big reveal" of his plans a few episodes back, but this seriously takes the cake. I am disappointed and scared for Tekkadan.

I think the point of that plot is that we're supposed to be underwhelmed, and got angry at McGillis' naive plan and cheer Orga for punching the dude in the face like he deserved.

Jotakak said:
I don't want hope to crush me but if all these fucking asshats can keep surviving than I'm going to believe that Shino is alive too.

Don't forget what Galan Mossa said to Akihiro in-story: "The decent ones die first" :p
Mar 5, 2017 11:55 PM

Sep 2011
@Jin_uzuki I like how you called me a hypocrite when you don't even know where I stand on the issue. Really shows class on your part.

Anyway to clarify here is what is confirmed.

1)Yanagi was gay for Shino
2)Shino liked banging chicks.
3)Shino knew Yanagi liked him but didn't know how to handle it

1)Lafter liked Akihiro
2)Akihiro is dense as a boulder
3)Lafter died before she told him anything

Personally, I don't think either relationship would've happened but anyone claiming things beyond this are just pushing their own theories.
Mar 6, 2017 12:07 AM

Apr 2009
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
@Jin_uzuki I like how you called me a hypocrite when you don't even know where I stand on the issue. Really shows class on your part.

Then don't comment specif posts that refers to specific things.

1)Lafter liked Akihiro

Personally, I don't think either relationship would've happened but anyone claiming things beyond this are just pushing their own theories.

Not really. It's obvious what the show narrative tries to suggest, for both Lafter/Akihiro and Yamagi/Shino, otherwise why bother? Even Lafter's own husband shipped her with Akihiro.

They aren't even a love triangle like Kudelia/Atra/Mika, just shut it down from episode 1 instead of developing it, Lafter/Akihiro wasn't even a thing in season 1 despite the fans wishing for it.

If you want to think Shino just wanted to get drinks with Yamagi and Guts wouldn't have liked Lafter advances agree to disagree, but... meh?

Mar 6, 2017 12:36 AM

Sep 2011
Jin_uzuki said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

1)Lafter liked Akihiro

Not really. It's obvious what the show narrative tries to suggest, for both Lafter/Akihiro and Yamagi/Shino, otherwise why bother? Even Lafter's own husband shipped her with Akihiro.

They aren't even a love triangle like Kudelia/Atra/Mika, just shut it down from episode 1 instead of developing it, Lafter/Akihiro wasn't even a thing in season 1 despite the fans wishing for it.

If you want to think Shino just wanted to get drinks with Yamagi and Guts wouldn't have liked Lafter advances agree to disagree, but... meh?

I didn't say what I think now did I? I said that those are the things that happened and everything else beyond that, likely or not, is speculation and theorizing.

Also, I'll comment whatever I want and call out whatever stupid statements I feel like calling out.
Mar 6, 2017 12:51 AM

Apr 2009
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Jin_uzuki said:

I didn't say what I think now did I? I said that those are the things that happened and everything else beyond that, likely or not, is speculation and theorizing.

... Didn't you just say that "you don't think both relationships would have happened"? What are you even trying to argue?

Also, I'll comment whatever I want and call out whatever stupid statements I feel like calling out.

You don't even seem to understand what I was quoting. That person said Yamagi/Shino was an unrealistic ship while Lafter/Akihiro was 100% going to happen. Which it is, even according to your own words since you don't believe Lafter/Akihiro was going to happen, blatant double standards.
Jin_uzukiMar 6, 2017 12:58 AM

Mar 6, 2017 12:56 AM

Aug 2015
Let me try to put this into the best words as I can.

Julietta is set up to be blindly devouted character into one that fights for love. That is why Anika's first wife was stronger than Jully and what she was trying to tell what Julietta was lacking.

Of course she didn't die. She has to realize that she can fight for something more tangible. Someone Like Gaileo. Someone to love and not blindly follow.

But this does raise up the question. Why is Julietta so loyal to Rustal?

Also, give Julietta credit. If it weren't for her the series would have ended right there. She created a scene that shifted the corse of the show entirely. Yes, it sucks that Shino missed and died, but she didn't kill him. Shino blindly went into open fire due to the emotional stress of failing. That's his fault for not dealing with it properly. He could have easily turned around.

We do stupid things when we are controlled by powerful emotions...like Iok.

Gundam is a war drama, and this episode and the previous one gives just that. I'm not here to have fun, I'm here for a story. The fighting is only the icing on the cake.
ArondightDestinyMar 6, 2017 2:00 AM
"I -AM- ELECTRICITY." -Gunvolt
Mar 6, 2017 1:01 AM

May 2015
Obeley said:
Roy_Focker said:
I don’t like her as a character (to me she is like Carta [arrogantly believing oneself superior to others] but with a humble past), maybe if she suffered this injury sooner/early and the show exhibited her change in her thinking [I said thinking as way of fighting {less talk & humbler},
Julieta was fighting Mika while literally admitting that she's weak and is nothing compared to Mika's skill, but she will keep on fighting him regardless or die trying to protect Rustal. How can she be more humble than that? Kiilling herself in a fight? And she is nothing like Carta Issue. Carta was just a spoiled gal obsessed with her own sense of honor while still being a condescending racist to space rats and spacenoids while Julieta just wants to be useful for Rustal who she owed her life to.
However, afterward she grudgingly accepts the fact that Mikazuki was the better pilot and that she needed to become stronger. She admitted that in this episode #21 with only 4 episodes left in this series but you can say that she was starting to have a change of heart when she fought Amida with a superior machine and she wasn’t having the upper hand in that battle contrary of what she believed (she was thinking that she was the better one, stronger fighter = not humble) again Julieta casts her gaze to the side when she clearly saw Naze flare and a request for cease-fire, to which Julieta questioned Ioq if they should accept it or not. Ioq refuses and instead asks if anyone saw the flare, his subordinates deny seeing which like I said she ignores because she was eager to deploying her new machine, the Reginlaze Julia. Following that battle, you see Julieta stressed over losing to Amida, sore looser = not humble. She is doing her job as a Gjallarhorn soldier I get that but she was doing it until recently in an arrogant and condescending way… like my comment says: “maybe if she suffered this injury sooner/early and the show exhibited her change in her thinking” the change of heart that she exhibited at the end of this episode came to me too little too late for me to like her character, that is all.

The second point (about Julietta not resembling Carta) - Carta & Julietta believed heavily in codes and honors (They both wanted to protect someone... Carta - McGillis & Julietta - Rastall). As such, both highly disapproves of Tekkadan's tactics, they are meticulous, to the point where they would lightly scold her comrades (Carta - Gaelio & Julietta - Ioq). The two of them are somewhat cocky, possibly because of being a high ranking Gjallarhorn official. Both hates being humiliated, and always wanted to be respected. Lastly, both are being used by the person that they trust… They are alike to me. Hey but you have your opinion and I have mine.
Mar 6, 2017 1:03 AM

Sep 2011
Jin_uzuki said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

... Didn't you just say that "you don't think both relationships would have happened"? What are you even trying to argue?

You don't even seem to understand what I was quoting. That person said Yamagi/Shino was an unrealistic ship while Lafter/Akihiro was 100% going to happen. Which it is, even according to your own words since you don't believe Lafter/Akihiro was going to happen, blatant double standards.

Let me explain this using a metaphor.

A is a letter. 2 is a number. If I apply the standard for letters to A and the standard for numbers to 2 is that a double standard. Yes. Does that being a double standard make it a bad thing? No
Mar 6, 2017 1:14 AM

Apr 2009
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Jin_uzuki said:

A is a letter. 2 is a number. If I apply the standard for letters to A and the standard for numbers to 2 is that a double standard. Yes. Does that being a double standard make it a bad thing? No

Jesus Christ dude, we are talking about non-existant anime characters and how the authors chose to portray two relationships in the show and what they implied in the narrative and their actions, not real life people. I'm just... wat. I think I'll stop here with you.

Mar 6, 2017 1:17 AM

Aug 2015
Show me the scene where Shino clearly states "I would give Yamagi a chance".
Mar 6, 2017 1:20 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Another quite emotional episode. It was once again heartbreaking to see former Human Debris not valuing their lives...Derma saying that he wish he had died in the battle instead of surviving with only one arm left, thinking that even if he survived, he is useless without two arms to help with the fight. I'm glad though that Akihiro told him, "thank you for surviving." It's a great way to tell someone that they are important, that they belong somewhere and that they don't have to be "useful" to be alive. Even if Derma can't pilot anymore, he can definitely help in other ways.

And of course also the talk Zack, Hash, and Dean had. Yes what Zack said makes sense, but he also doesn't understand their reality. Dean and Hash were right, there's really no place for them to go, no jobs for them to work, Tekkadan IS their home. Maybe it's different for Zack, but that's not the case with the majority of the kids in Tekkadan. Now that they've come this far, they have no choice to fight until the end.

I also enjoyed Orga's realization at the end of the episode (thank you Yamagi for shouting at him). It was clear that Orga had been not as confident throughout this season, but he finally realized that it's everyone who's made his words come true. Everyone believes in Orga and they work hard to be able to see what Orga has promised them, so the least Orga can do is to not have doubts. It's taken him almost this whole season, but happy to see him finally stop wavering.

It was nice to see a bit of a development with Julietta as well, in that she realized she doesn't ever want to become a "monster" just to be stronger. While I'm still salty about what she did in the last episode, I do agree that she's just doing things because of what she believes in, and there's nothing wrong with that really. At least she is capable of thinking.

I'm excited to see Kudelia next episode, given that she has had barely any screen time this season compared to the first.
tingyMar 6, 2017 1:24 AM
Mar 6, 2017 1:24 AM

Sep 2011
Jin_uzuki said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Jesus Christ dude, we are talking about non-existant anime characters and how the authors chose to portray two relationships in the show and what they implied in the narrative and their actions, not real life people. I'm just... wat. I think I'll stop here with you.

lol, you were the one throwing a hissy fit dood. I just pointed at you at laughed.
Mar 6, 2017 1:45 AM
Apr 2016
ArondightDestiny said:
Let me try to put this into the best words as I can.

Julietta is set up to be blindly devouted character into one that fights for love. That is why Anika's first wife was stronger than Jully and what she was trying to tell what Julietta was lacking.

Of course she didn't die. She has to realize that she can fight for something more tangible. Someone Lille Gaileo. Someone to love and not blindly follow.

But this does raise up the question. Why is Julietta so loyal to Rustal?

Also, give Julietta credit. If it weren't for her the series would have ended right there. She created a scene that shifted the corse of the show entirely. Yes, it sucks that Shino missed and died, but she didn't kill him. Shino blindly went into open fire due to emotionally stress of failing. That's his fault for not dealing with it properly. He could have easily turned around.

We do stupid things when we are controlled by powerful emotions...like Iok.

Gundam is a war drama, and this episode and the previous one gives just that. I'm not here to have fun, I'm here for a story. The fighting is only the icing on the cake.

Thine true words.
Re:formed
Mar 6, 2017 1:54 AM

Apr 2009
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Jin_uzuki said:

lol, you were the one throwing a hissy fit dood. I just pointed at you at laughed.

Kek, being smug doesn't work if you keep contracting yourself at every post:

Personally, I don't think either relationship would've happened

I didn't say what I think now did I

and can't even understand the implications of original post!

Keep dishing bad metaphors filed with false equivalence, I guess. In case you missed it, A and 2 work the same way in this show, the only double standards are from people like you.

Mar 6, 2017 2:07 AM

Aug 2015
Ambiguity calls a lot of split opinions.
Mar 6, 2017 3:16 AM

Oct 2009
Omg Julieta STFU jeez..

I feel like she is going the Graham Aker route from Gundam 00.

I hope Orga gets his shit together now at least and stop following whatever everyone says he should do ffs. Akihiro seems to be doing a better job at the whole leader thing right now.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2017

407 by KibbyDaWolf »»
Yesterday, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

220 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 1, 1:59 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

217 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

118 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2017

267 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 4:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.