Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2017 10:48 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

Yona, you have come a long way! ❤ And going as far as kissing the man you love! T_T
OMG! Hak, how will you react now that your Princess have stolen your lips?! ❤

I didn't even realize how bold that was of Yona and she probably didn't even realize herself what she was doing there, now did she?! They way she blushed after coming around was so cute! Hak's face was priceless, too! Kisses that come out of nowhere are always so sweet when it's between a couple you adore, but the fact that we had to wait OMG! ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY SEVEN CHAPTERS for this very moment made it so sweet that I am going crazy! Too much sugar content! I am super hyper now! I am just so happy!

The wheels are beginning to move and guess who Yona goes to meet — Tae-jun! I want to say so many things about how amazing this chapter was but I will hold my breath here!

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 5, 2017 2:25 AM
Jan 2017
whoaa finnaly , they are kissing!!!!!!! i really want to screaming right now but i don't want make any annoyance. btw i hadn't found chapter 137 in any online manga. it's frustating :/
Mar 5, 2017 9:08 AM

Jun 2008
Aleluia! I hope they confess their feelings soon, start officially dating and don´t take another 137 chapters to do it;P

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 5, 2017 11:36 AM

Apr 2013
OH. MY. GOD.

What a chapter. So much shit just happened, that my mind cannot possibly even begin to process everything. THE KISS. The Wind Tribe rebelling. An important Tae-Jun appearance. I did not think it was possible for the manga to get any better but I was proven wrong (and very happy to be so).
dankzelMar 5, 2017 11:43 AM
Mar 5, 2017 11:36 AM

Jul 2009
WHERE DO I READ IT????

PS: I think Hak is going to have a heart attack soon. What with it being almost every chapter a situation happens that gets him going O__O with either positive or negative shock. Sometimes, even twice a chapter. I fear his face is going to get stuck this way...
Mar 5, 2017 1:42 PM
Mar 2016
OMMG I was so happy . To be honest i never thought that Yona would be the one to initiate the kiss!!!
What do you guys think , will something bad happen to Hak? Do you guys think Hak will die?... I hope im wrong , i just have a bad feeling ..

Does anyone knows when does the next chapter coming out ?
Mar 5, 2017 2:12 PM
Dec 2014
Same here. I always thought Hak would do it.
I don't think Hak will die. There's just no way for that to happen. In actuality he'll probably be unkillable because he's waiting for Yona to come back so he can figure out just what happened.
Next chapter comes out on the 18th.
Mar 5, 2017 2:56 PM

Sep 2013
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
137 CHAPTERS LATER WE GET THE MOST ANTICIPATED KISS EVER
AND YONA WAS THE ONE WHO INITIATED IT
!!!!!

Mar 5, 2017 4:40 PM

Mar 2014
I'M SOBBING OMFG. I SERIOUSLY DIDN'T EXPECT THIS

This made my day, THANK YOU KUSANAGI-SENSEI ;//v//;
Mar 5, 2017 4:42 PM

May 2016
Such a feast!
The kiss was so casual... :)
Mar 5, 2017 4:53 PM

Nov 2007
I always thought that Yona would be the one to initiate it as the story progressed. No matter how we look at it, every time Hak lost his composure when it came to his boundless affection for Yona, he would be immediately and rather painfully reminded that she is the precious daughter of King Il who left his daughter in his care.

Also, recall that Yona herself desperately pleaded to Hak that even if the whole world forgot about the fact that she was once the daughter of the King of Kouka, she would need Hak to remember that and address her as 'Princess'. He just couldn't but bind himself to those words.

This is my second manga of Kusanagi Mizuho-sensei, and I have to say, Sensei's kiss scenes are rare but they are so beautifully executed they become really precious.

Even in NG Life

Anyways, those who haven't read NG Life should give it a try. It is highly recommended. It's not as grand, but it's as beautiful a story of romance and tragedy can be just as Akatsuki no Yona.

/NG LIFE is recommended./
Coronavirus.
Mar 5, 2017 5:39 PM
Jun 2016
They are all frantic cause Yona kinda kissed Hak, and then there's me, hyped because my boy Tae-Jun is back. I LOVE HIM
Mar 5, 2017 5:46 PM
Nov 2016
Holy Shit! I can't wait to see what Soo Won's gonna do about this rebellion.
Mar 5, 2017 6:56 PM

Nov 2007
When Yona kissed Hak? It feels like I was more shocked than Hakkkk! I literally stopped and waited for almost a minute before I was able to tap to the next page! Hahahahaha! That was one hell of a ride! :)))))
Mar 6, 2017 1:38 AM

Jul 2015
BRUH MY LIL FANGIRL HEART HAS BEEN COMPLETED..... HOOOO Good job Hak!!!! I'm so proud of Yona.... just that character development.... but I'm gonna see what Yona gonna do now with the fire tribe....
Mar 6, 2017 5:03 AM

Sep 2016
THEY DID IT BOYS PUKKYUU
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 6, 2017 5:08 AM

Dec 2015
That kiss surprised the soul out of me. lol
Mar 6, 2017 5:12 AM

May 2016
@shanimebib, yeah, I also expected Yona to be the first to make some move, but totally did not expect her to be so easy with a kiss.

And "NG Life" is already on my PTR list ;)
Mar 6, 2017 7:42 AM

Jan 2016
OH SHIT IT HAPPENED!

137 chapters of patient and it has payed off! Give me the next chapter already!
Mar 6, 2017 8:59 AM
Dec 2014
The kiss shocked me so much!!!! I've never been so happy for Hak :D and the Wind Tribe makes my heart warm. I really like how fast it's developing. The manga is definitely not lagging and I can't wait for the coming chapters! I hope there's some Soo Won conflict soon
Mar 6, 2017 10:06 AM
Feb 2016
inn0centdem0n said:
When Yona kissed Hak? It feels like I was more shocked than Hakkkk! I literally stopped and waited for almost a minute before I was able to tap to the next page! Hahahahaha! That was one hell of a ride! :)))))

YESS!! I had to go back to the previous page to relive the moment a few times before I could keep reading the chapter haha.

animusic26 said:
BRUH MY LIL FANGIRL HEART HAS BEEN COMPLETED..... HOOOO Good job Hak!!!! I'm so proud of Yona.... just that character development.... but I'm gonna see what Yona gonna do now with the fire tribe....

MINE TOO!!! When I saw them gaze at each other I assumed the next page would be Hak full on embracing a flustered Yona, aka the usual. But Yona made the first move - ATTA GIRL, YONA!

Now it's going to take forever until they're reunited - GAHH! I want to see how Hak handles his response when they reunite...
Mar 6, 2017 3:45 PM
Mar 2017
OH MY GAWD! WHEN IS THE NEXT CHAPTER?! I don't know if I can wait 😱
Mar 6, 2017 5:16 PM

Apr 2016
The highlight of this chapter for me was seeing Tae-jun and Heuk-chi!! LOL, it's been so long, I miss this pair!! Heuk-chi's sarcasm never fails to make me laugh. xDD I love how much Tae-jun freaked out!! He really has become a better person, so I'm waiting to see more of him. :)) I wonder, will Lili play a role this time..?
Mar 6, 2017 7:55 PM
Mar 2017
Can we just talk about how strong yona is... like OMG being able to pull hak into a kiss would take a lot of muscle XD, also about TYIME!!! and y does yona always gotta be so embarrassed about everything hak u oblivious little girl XD
Mar 6, 2017 11:18 PM

Oct 2013
dankzel said:
OH. MY. GOD. x2!!!

What a chapter. So much shit just happened, that my mind cannot possibly even begin to process everything. THE KISS. The Wind Tribe rebelling. An important Tae-Jun appearance. I did not think it was possible for the manga to get any better but I was proven wrong (and very happy to be so).

I feel like Hak in that photo. STUNNED! What the heck just happened!! I can't believe it! It was so unexpected but such perfect timing! Things are picking up quickly as Yona's revolt begins! Waiting for the next chapter is getting harder and harder!
Mar 7, 2017 7:56 AM

Jan 2016
Who would've expected a kiss at this chapter?! OMHYGHAWD MY FANGIRL HEART IM SCREAMINGGG

I missed Tae-woo so much T_T I love him <3

Oh gosh I'm grinning so hard right now I love Tae-jun so much as well dfsfghgh
Mar 8, 2017 4:16 AM

Oct 2015
Muh gals Yona doing work, even Hak can't take it.
Mar 8, 2017 6:43 PM
Apr 2016
Phyrah said:
They are all frantic cause Yona kinda kissed Hak, and then there's me, hyped because my boy Tae-Jun is back. I LOVE HIM

me 2, or Taejun baby <3
Mar 9, 2017 11:27 AM
Mar 2016
MushiDragon said:
Same here. I always thought Hak would do it.
I don't think Hak will die. There's just no way for that to happen. In actuality he'll probably be unkillable because he's waiting for Yona to come back so he can figure out just what happened.
Next chapter comes out on the 18th.

I hope you're right and OH MAH GUUD i cant waitt!!!!
Mar 9, 2017 3:29 PM

Jan 2014
The only thing wrong with this chapter was that the mangaka put the kiss toward the beginning. I could hardly focus on the rest of the chapter. But omfg <3_3.

I agree with those who're saying death flags are being raised but I don't necessarily think it's going to be Hak. Could be one of the dragons, could be Yoon, hell, could even be Yona (this manga already defies typical shoujo tropes, so why not?).
Mar 9, 2017 3:48 PM

Dec 2015
HELL YES IT HAPPENED!!! \o/ \o/

And Tae-Jun finally appears again! It's been a while, son.

Also the death flags are reallyyyy being raised... This scares me.
Mar 10, 2017 2:34 AM

Apr 2016
I wonder why the mangaka didn't draw the kiss. Is it to create a buzz and heated discussions? Is it because in her mind they only "almost" kissed (Hak drew back from it)? Did she watch YoI? ha ha ha! Usually there's an intent behind showing or not showing something.

Having said that, I love the idea that Yona has accumulated so much love in her heart and was holding back so much that she loses balance, the dam breaks, love is overflowing and she now begins to act without thinking, like her mind went blank und she just did what her heart and body told her to. That's beautiful after all this time.
Mar 13, 2017 7:16 PM
Mar 2016
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
I wonder why the mangaka didn't draw the kiss. Is it to create a buzz and heated discussions? Is it because in her mind they only "almost" kissed (Hak drew back from it)? Did she watch YoI? ha ha ha! Usually there's an intent behind showing or not showing something.

Having said that, I love the idea that Yona has accumulated so much love in her heart and was holding back so much that she loses balance, the dam breaks, love is overflowing and she now begins to act without thinking, like her mind went blank und she just did what her heart and body told her to. That's beautiful after all this time.

I also had to stare at the drawing for a bit longer because it took me a while to process the scenario lol :P anyway, I agree with what you said, I think the mangaka still wants to keep an air of mystery in Hak and Yona's relationship so it can be explored further as the story progresses.

DEEEYUM MY FANGIRL HEART IS JUMPING WITH JOY! I can't wait to see the next chapter :)
Mar 14, 2017 12:52 PM

Oct 2016
I never regret reading this one and seeing the kiss.

My eyes are like the eyes of the 3 guys. I didn't expect Yona to kiss Hak. Hahaha!!!

I'm really looking forward to the next chapters and when they meet again.

I really love how Mizuho-sensei added the kiss. This manga is so perfect that I really regret picking it up just recently.
Mar 14, 2017 12:55 PM

Nov 2007
xiashenghan said:
I really love how Mizuho-sensei added the kiss. This manga is so perfect that I really regret picking it up just recently.

Imagine someone like me who has been following the manga for more than 5 years now! :)
Coronavirus.
Mar 14, 2017 12:58 PM

Oct 2016
shanimebib said:
xiashenghan said:

Imagine someone like me who has been following the manga for more than 5 years now! :)

Wow! 5 years?! I can't imagine the torture you've been through but everything is worth it anyways.

I'm just glad that they've kept on recommending this manga so I gave in and tried it. Now I can't get out of it and started to watch the anime while waiting for the next chapter.
Mar 14, 2017 7:19 PM

Jan 2012
was that a kiss or what?

btw any news about s:2 , we need to get one

Mar 18, 2017 8:12 PM

Feb 2009
OMFG is right. I can't stop revisiting the page, I ship these two so hard.

But I can't stop thinking about how everyone else is going to react when they hear about the kiss!

Mar 19, 2017 4:48 AM

Dec 2012
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO damn yona, you go girl. i'm so proud of her god bless
Mar 27, 2017 11:35 AM

Mar 2013
omg i can't believe i only just read this chapter. used to be on time for each chapter but i was late for this beautiful chapter!
May 31, 2017 6:00 PM
Mar 2015
I always thought that Yona would be the one to initiate it as the story progressed. No matter how we look at it, every time Hak lost his composure when it came to his boundless affection for Yona, he would be immediately and rather painfully reminded that she is the precious daughter of King Il who left his daughter in his care.

Also, recall that Yona herself desperately pleaded to Hak that even if the whole world forgot about the fact that she was once the daughter of the King of Kouka, she would need Hak to remember that and address her as 'Princess'. He just couldn't but bind himself to those words.

I was always positive Yona would be the first to go for a kiss too. She would have to. It's really the only scenario that would make proper sense in terms of the story. I mean, Hak's feelings have been unrequited for practically forever and Yona has been in love with someone else almost her entire life. Hak is well aware of those things and we've seen from the start how he leashes his feelings and has been reluctant to make any actual moves on her. He may have been overwhelmed by passion and his feelings at times but he always stopped himself short. To him, Yona's happiness is most important so if he doesn't think that he is her happiness, he would never bring himself into the picture. Hak isn't selfish enough to do that.

Also, IMO, it's not so much that Yona is Il's daughter but up until moments before the kiss, Yona still had Soo-won's hairpin. We, the fans, are well aware that by this point Yona no longer loves Soo-won romantically. She already admitted that to Lili about 30 chapters back. Hak is not fortunate enough to know. For the longest time after the betrayal, Yona cried and clung on to the hairpin because she still harbored feelings for Soo-won. Remember Ik-Soo's words, that no matter how foolish the feelings, sometimes one cannot stop the heart from feeling what it wants to. That's one of Yona's struggles that she had to overcome. Even though she was angry about the betrayal and her head was telling her that Soo-won was now her enemy, she couldn't stop her heart from feeling what it always had. Hak overheard that conversation with Ik-Soo and he can read her well enough to understand that the betrayal hadn't truly stopped her from loving Soo-won. To me, that has been the major factor holding Hak back. I mean, if Yona can continue to have feelings for Soo-won despite a betrayal of that magnitude, how can Hak hope to compete against that? All of this has pretty much turned Hak into a non-believer. It's why he's always doing double-takes around her.

It was going to take Yona either going for the kiss first or making Hak aware that she no longer had feelings for Soo-won. In this chapter, both happened. She was calm and confident when she gave the hairpin away AND she kissed Hak. Because both happened, I hope that was enough to start helping make a believer out of the poor guy.
Jun 9, 2017 6:09 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Haha, it's going to be an awkward reunion.
Feb 28, 2018 3:09 AM

Oct 2015
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh my dick, it's not ready.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

May 7, 2018 7:13 AM
Mar 2015
Jesus Yona, keep your hormones in check will ya?
Nov 8, 2018 12:51 PM

Aug 2018
Heck yeah! Hallelujah!

To be honest, I'm surprised Hak didn't get a heart attack on the spot. His reaction was hilarious.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2019 12:06 AM
Jan 2019
Im speechless! The moment I saw the page Yona kissed Hak, i stopped, put down my phone and scream like crazy! The long awaited kiss has been done and I feel sooo in love! More of this please!

In addition, I was touched by the Wind Tribe reactions when they read Hak's letter and said "Master Hak's words are absolute". The respect is always there. If I were also one of the people from that tribe I would also respect Hak. Salute!
Jul 2, 2020 4:30 AM
Mar 2020
Oh my >.< Their first kiss and Tae-jun appears again, in ONE chapter. Im in heaven as well Hak.
Nov 25, 2020 4:34 PM
Apr 2020
It finally happened lol, it only took 137 chapters
Jul 28, 2021 4:40 AM
Feb 2021
OMG YES FINALLY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Sep 14, 2023 2:31 AM

Apr 2017
Finally, a proper kiss! Yona initiating it after finally getting rid of that hairpin. Now Hak know that she's moved on from Soo-Won. Also, YAY! Tae-Jun!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 185 Discussion

shanimebib - Dec 20, 2019

26 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 256 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Apr 4

7 by TanmaySpamzzz »»
Apr 12, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 175 Discussion

CrookedPanther - May 20, 2019

32 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 152 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lacznosc - Dec 21, 2017

68 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 10, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 91 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2015

38 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 7, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.