Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2017 2:46 PM

Dec 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hijiri finally passed her test, got her license, and got a new bike (Ducatti 1199 w/ some training wheels).

Hayakawa turned into a female maid and everyone loves her. Also got some Hayakawa lore.

Sweet ending, I'm going to miss this show.

Mar 5, 2017 4:24 PM

Jun 2015
Where did you watch it? Struggling to find an english sub D:
Mar 6, 2017 10:04 AM

Dec 2014
Goot said:
Where did you watch it? Struggling to find an english sub D:

I watched it raw. I don't think it's been subbed yet :(
Mar 6, 2017 10:22 AM

Jun 2015
Oh I see, where did you watch it raw then? Might as well watch it so see the bikes :D
Mar 21, 2017 6:43 PM

Jun 2013
I don't know hasegawa have trap fetish
Mar 21, 2017 6:47 PM
Apr 2015
Where can I watch the second episode?
Mar 30, 2017 11:28 AM

Aug 2012

''Honda,Yamaha,Suzuki,Kawasaki'' the new ED song is catchy.
Apr 9, 2017 2:14 PM
Apr 2016
Where i can watch second episode ;-;
Apr 10, 2017 5:43 AM

Mar 2017
Missing: EPISODE 2

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Apr 30, 2017 6:00 PM

May 2012
Pretty fun last ova of this series! Quite a soft yet still enjoyable two episode ova!
May 3, 2017 12:17 PM
May 2017
RafaelDeJongh said:
Pretty fun last ova of this series! Quite a soft yet still enjoyable two episode ova!

Where did you watch it?
May 3, 2017 1:40 PM

May 2012
I_miss_bakuon said:

Where did you watch it?

Watched it raw, and can't really give you a link anymore as the site got terminated.
May 3, 2017 7:46 PM
Apr 2014
its been subbed
[TeamMoe] Bakuon!! OVA 2 (DVD 480p)

I'll let you find that on your own...
May 4, 2017 2:03 AM
Aug 2014
I didn't understand the transformation once I saw it in the manga. Maybe I should learn real japanese instead of weeaboonese
May 4, 2017 5:34 AM

May 2010
That was really weird.
May 4, 2017 9:21 AM

Sep 2013
Obvious loophole to make the butler into a girl so she show up more and not like an old man XD
May 4, 2017 9:25 AM

Jan 2013
I thought the girl in the picture was Raimu seeing how she blushed a moment later...

Man was I wrong!

Still doesn't explain everything...
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
May 4, 2017 10:25 AM

Nov 2011
As a pastime, this episode is not bad. The narration, it took a lot of time to show an event that was already happening, but that's the way it is. Drawings and animations, better than the series. Ending is a concentrate of sweetness.
Wow, I would also like a Panigale like that of Hijiri.
May 4, 2017 6:20 PM

Dec 2014
This was more so a heartwarming episode than a funny one, but it was still really good. Primarily for the fact it fully completes the whole subplot with Hijiri failing to ride a bike properly. It also has a weird little transformation gimmick that I really wish could be explained more. Nevertheless, I agree with Hayakata on motorcycles. I really wish I could ride one again one of these days.....

If this is the last we see of the Bakuon anime, I'd say its a solid sendoff. Even has the dumb little dance from Chisame's introduction episode.
May 4, 2017 7:31 PM
Dec 2013
So Hayakawa and Raimu are both new types, eh?

And I still don't get the transformation.
May 4, 2017 8:57 PM

Mar 2013
I'm so confused as to what hayakawa's original form is I mean is he a girl or a trap? so I have a question does that make the boy in the picture Raimu then since she did blush when hayakawa showed the picture? What's with the lack of motorcycle jesus he would have been perect for this OVA and could explain hayakawa's transformation what a waste. this was a heartwarming OVA up until hayakawa turned into hikari then it was just BS nonsense until the end where it once again became heartwarming. I love how hijiri's bike still has training wheels without her knowledge.
May 5, 2017 7:42 PM
May 2017
FallenEntity said:
this was a heartwarming OVA up until hayakawa turned into hikari

This is something that has been really annoying about the series. They build up a sad or touching moment and then they break it with comedy.

An example of this was when they was preparing for Raimu to graduate. It was a little touching moment and then it just ends with Raimu going "I'm retaking the year" and that was that. What was the point of doing all that if you are just going to throw it away?

Another one was the Suzukiphilla scene when Rin and Onsa was having a moment and what seem to be climaxing was just stopped with Onsa dad stomping in.

Also the saying goodbye to hokkaldo then straight into the bike wash scene. Though I would say more forgive able as it was dragging on and Hane screaming goodbye did transition the scene from heartwarming to comedy nicely.

Less noticeable one I would say is when Rin has flashbacks to her dad in hospital and her crying over him and then it cuts out with her dad taunting her. I get it's to make her dad look like an asshole but they seem to be doing everything possible for you not to feel for the characters. I can be convinced for every scene by it's self why it would be alright to end it abruptly but every single one?

Episode 3 seems to have a completely different comedic timing though and does let heartwarming moments drag on for a bit. Though I feel like the anime could of got stale if it was all like that.
I_miss_bakuonMay 5, 2017 8:51 PM
May 12, 2017 9:04 AM
Jul 2008
Did Hayakawa wanted to kill Raimu? Did he got really pissed because her head start?

I_miss_bakuon said:
FallenEntity said:
this was a heartwarming OVA up until hayakawa turned into hikari

This is something that has been really annoying about the series. They build up a sad or touching moment and then they break it with comedy.

An example of this was when they was preparing for Raimu to graduate. It was a little touching moment and then it just ends with Raimu going "I'm retaking the year" and that was that. What was the point of doing all that if you are just going to throw it away?

Another one was the Suzukiphilla scene when Rin and Onsa was having a moment and what seem to be climaxing was just stopped with Onsa dad stomping in.

Also the saying goodbye to hokkaldo then straight into the bike wash scene. Though I would say more forgive able as it was dragging on and Hane screaming goodbye did transition the scene from heartwarming to comedy nicely.

Less noticeable one I would say is when Rin has flashbacks to her dad in hospital and her crying over him and then it cuts out with her dad taunting her. I get it's to make her dad look like an asshole but they seem to be doing everything possible for you not to feel for the characters. I can be convinced for every scene by it's self why it would be alright to end it abruptly but every single one?

Episode 3 seems to have a completely different comedic timing though and does let heartwarming moments drag on for a bit. Though I feel like the anime could of got stale if it was all like that.

agreed there're many scenes that abruptly got cut by other characters. if there's a kissing scene, someone will appear for sure.
May 12, 2017 9:16 AM

Apr 2012
LeonLanford said:
Did Hayakawa wanted to kill Raimu? Did he got really pissed because her head start?
Maybe not kill but at least slow down. I guess for a butler being found at fault regarding his duty (not providing assitance to his master when in need) is the ultimate crime.
May 12, 2017 9:22 AM
Jul 2008
EratiK said:
LeonLanford said:
Maybe not kill but at least slow down. I guess for a butler being found at fault regarding his duty (not providing assitance to his master when in need) is the ultimate crime.

If this is a gag anime it's fine.. We have whole season(this OVA too) telling us about safety riding but by Hayakawa doing that invalidates the whole teaching. Just imagine if Raimu got hit by that thing in that speed.
Jun 25, 2017 12:37 AM

Mar 2015
Lel took me a whole year to realize I didn't finish the OVA when I thought I did!

This made me realize it's almost exactly like Minami High School Bicycle Club, only for motorbikes. They do like making informercial-turned-anime-series these days huh
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 28, 2017 5:46 AM

Aug 2014
Don't know how I feel about Hayakawa's sex change o_0
Apr 24, 2018 1:27 AM

Jan 2012
Yeah that was cute if bizarre. I miss this series and it's too bad the US release didn't include these OVA episodes.
Sep 28, 2018 4:30 PM

Oct 2015
So actually Hayakawa is a woman? I'm still confused about the transformation!

Oh well! It was a cool episode and Hijiri's bike is cool, too bad they noticed it in the end after flocking to Hayakawa like that.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 5, 2020 6:05 PM
Aug 2016
If someone has not yet seen the episode this is the only link that I have been able to find so far: https://ok.ru/video/299152575160
Let me know if you can find it with English / Spanish subtitles.
Feb 9, 2021 2:37 AM
Jul 2015
el_AmoSupremo said:
If someone has not yet seen the episode this is the only link that I have been able to find so far: https://ok.ru/video/299152575160
Let me know if you can find it with English / Spanish subtitles.

it's on nyaa si with english subs
Oct 30, 2022 11:51 AM

Feb 2020
Hayakawa is a woman? O.o
Aug 8, 2023 9:03 AM

Dec 2022
Not as much of a fan of the OVAs as the main series. They have some very strange and pointless stories that never seem to go anywhere, and even the jokes are somewhat bland. I'm assuming the shenanigans here were a result of the God/Jesus dude messing around again, but who knows.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuon!! OVA Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

32 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 25, 2022 3:32 PM

» Other 4-part OVA

Dodecahedron-O24 - Dec 26, 2016

5 by EcchiGodMamster »»
Jan 12, 2017 9:48 PM

» Second OVA?

K3fka_ - Jul 20, 2016

6 by poosh_ink »»
Dec 24, 2016 7:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.