Forum Settings
Forums

Characters that look awfully similar in appearance.

New
Mar 2, 2017 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
Here is an interesting topic, which characters you know of in an anime that look very similar in appearance in two completely different shows. For example, I seen Hell Girl and Akame Ga Kill! and both main characters look extremely similar in physical appearance. What characters you all know that similar appearance?

Ai Enma

Akame
removed-userMar 2, 2017 6:38 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 2, 2017 12:30 PM

Nov 2015
Most high school shonens or harems if you just take off the hair and eye color you've literally got the exact same face and body for about 80% of the characters.
Mar 2, 2017 12:32 PM

Jun 2015
Most of the KyoAni and PA Works titles. They're too many to mention.
Mar 2, 2017 4:03 PM
Jul 2018
anime in general has a tendency to reuse or recycle assets, not necessarily designs in their entirety, but to where it leads to similar looking characters, across different artstyles, studios, and genres. sometimes it's intentional, other times it's unintentional.

See? not an uncommon phenomenon for them to reuse assets.
removed-userMar 3, 2017 11:45 AM
Mar 2, 2017 4:13 PM

Dec 2015
Every main character from A-1 pictures
Mar 2, 2017 5:03 PM

Nov 2012
Fran said:

Huh? The main characters of SAO, Nanatsu no Taizai, Magi, Shinsekai Yori, Gin no Saji, etc, look nothing alike. Stop being ignorant.
Mar 2, 2017 5:06 PM

Jan 2013
Fran said:

Lol look, it's an idiot.

They make good anime. Why hate?
Mar 2, 2017 5:24 PM

Dec 2015
SuperRed said:
Fran said:

Huh? The main characters of SAO, Nanatsu no Taizai, Magi, Shinsekai Yori, Gin no Saji, etc, look nothing alike. Stop being ignorant.

They look pretty much the same to me '
Mar 2, 2017 5:25 PM

Dec 2015
TitanAnteus said:
Fran said:

Lol look, it's an idiot.

yes

holy shit messing around with people on the internet is fun
Mar 2, 2017 5:50 PM

Nov 2012
Fran said:
SuperRed said:

None of these characters look the same no matter how you look at them

Mar 2, 2017 5:51 PM

Jan 2015
Most of them... yeah most of them...

la critique de l'intention pure
Mar 2, 2017 6:01 PM

Dec 2015
Brb said:

I hope you guys dont mistakenly comparing character design with art style lol

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

SuperRed said:
Fran said:

IKR? LOL... "They look pretty much the same to me" this is giving me a great laugh LOL

If we are talking about art style.. so far I could guess easily which studio that an anime from only looking at it's art style, coloring and its Bones and Kyoto Animation.... but for me I look it as their Identity so ya, it doesnt matter for me...
We arent talking about this one but to be fair, studio that has pretty much variations with the art style are Madhouse and J.C. Staff so far I know... maybe more hehe...
EufieMar 2, 2017 6:18 PM
"It’s so ri-ri-diculous that I h-hope you understand even if I st-st-stutter, my t-t-talking ability is a little lacking
Still I wanted to at least s-speak co-co-correctly but my mouth keeps getting c-c-crooked because I lo-lo-love it so much, love it so mu-much "

[signature]
Mar 2, 2017 6:11 PM

May 2015
Fran said:
SuperRed said:

look I know Digi said they all have the same face but you need to stop memeing and realize he said "same face." Kirito and Alibaba totally have very similar faces, just like a truckload of A1-Pictures characters outside of their shows that are more stylistic, but this isn't just about similar faces, it's about similar looking characters. And Alibaba and Kirito look much more different from each other when you look at their hair and their clothing.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Mar 2, 2017 6:16 PM
Jul 2018
SuperRed said:
Fran said:

Tbh if it's just the artstyle then I would be "ah okay. Yeah they look the same way in the artstyle." But appearance wise? Uhhh... there's rather a difference.
Mar 2, 2017 6:18 PM
Jul 2018
kamisu said:
TitanAnteus said:

Lol look, it's an idiot.

TitanAnteus said:

They make good anime.

pls no.

/goddamnthe30characterlimit

They're a mix bag if anything. Some of their shows are good, some of them are mediocre, some are actually bad. They're at least better than Arms but yeh.
Mar 2, 2017 6:20 PM

Dec 2015
SuperRed said:
Fran said:

Eufie said:
Brb said:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

SuperRed said:

IKR? LOL... "They look pretty much the same to me" this is giving me a great laugh LOL

If we are talking about art style.. so far I could guess easily which studio that an anime from only looking at it's art style, coloring and its Bones and Kyoto Animation.... but for me I look it as their Identity so ya, it doesnt matter for me...
We arent talking about this one but to be fair, studio that has pretty much variations with the art style are Madhouse and J.C. Staff so far I know... maybe more hehe...
RainyRai said:
Fran said:

look I know Digi said they all have the same face but you need to stop memeing and realize he said "same face." Kirito and Alibaba totally have very similar faces, just like a truckload of A1-Pictures characters outside of their shows that are more stylistic, but this isn't just about similar faces, it's about similar looking characters. And Alibaba and Kirito look much more different from each other when you look at their hair and their clothing.

Wtf man from the images you posted they all look the same:
Mar 2, 2017 6:22 PM

Dec 2015
Fran said:
SuperRed said:

Eufie said:

RainyRai said:

HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :v oh my God.... my stomach hurt... lol
"It’s so ri-ri-diculous that I h-hope you understand even if I st-st-stutter, my t-t-talking ability is a little lacking
Still I wanted to at least s-speak co-co-correctly but my mouth keeps getting c-c-crooked because I lo-lo-love it so much, love it so mu-much "

[signature]
Mar 2, 2017 6:26 PM

Dec 2015
Eufie said:
Fran said:

You are very welcomed

trying to fill character space here
Mar 2, 2017 6:28 PM

Dec 2015
Fran said:
Eufie said:

You are very welcomed

Im sorry if I might accidentally offend you but... that pic .... I just cant,, hahahahaha :v that Kirito's face hhahhahhha

[signature]
Mar 2, 2017 6:31 PM

Mar 2011
Shizuo Heiwajima and the bartender from K (forgot his name) are pretty similar. They even have the same profession.
Mar 2, 2017 6:36 PM

Dec 2015
Eufie said:
Fran said:

You are very welcomed

Im sorry if I might accidentally offend you but... that pic .... I just cant,, hahahahaha :v that Kirito's face hhahhahhha

Not in the slightest, I'm just here to mess around with people
Mar 2, 2017 6:37 PM

Dec 2015
Fran said:
Eufie said:

Not in the slightest, I'm just here to mess around with people

XD hehe :)

/30characterlimitation lol

[signature]
Mar 2, 2017 6:39 PM
Aug 2016
Yeah they do(especially often in light novel adaptations...)
Mar 2, 2017 6:48 PM
Sep 2014
Kaworu and Akise from NGE and Mirai Nikki respectively. Same seiyuu as well.

Also, Mariya from Maria Holic reminds me of Misa from Death Note.
Mar 2, 2017 7:52 PM

May 2016
To me Hotaru from Dagashi Kashi and Anna From Shimoneta look kind of similar.

Mar 2, 2017 8:08 PM

Jul 2014
90% of anime guys that have black hair and a generic personality, in shows that came out in the last 5-10 years, especially if they're voiced by Josh Grelle in the English dub.

Examples: Yuuji from Shakugan no Shana, Maou from The Devil Is a Part-Timer and Ichika from Infinite Stratos are good examples of the latter.
Mar 2, 2017 8:14 PM

Oct 2015
Miracle said:
Kaworu and Akise from NGE and Mirai Nikki respectively. Same seiyuu as well.

Also, Mariya from Maria Holic reminds me of Misa from Death Note.

oh yea^ this always bugs me, not only that but mirai nikki share alot more similarity with nge, nge ripoff confirmed?
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Mar 2, 2017 8:31 PM

Dec 2015
ComputerBreath said:
To me Hotaru from Dagashi Kashi and Anna From Shimoneta look kind of similar.

Oh ya this one!! Ive been trying to remember LOL

[signature]
Mar 2, 2017 8:37 PM

Aug 2013
There was a guy who controlled ice in Fairy Tail that was way too similiar to Hitsugaya Toushirou from Bleach.
Not that both series are still relevant anyways, but.

There's also a character from Princess Lover that is a direct copy of Arturia from Fate series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2017 8:41 PM

Feb 2017
lucca from dragonar acadamy and gasper dron highschool dxd
Mar 2, 2017 8:45 PM

Dec 2016
PinkPearlVoice said:
Shanks and Gilldarts are similar in more than just appearance

Isn't Gildarts directly based off Shanks, though? The resemblance is definitely intentional.

What's the difference?
Mar 2, 2017 8:53 PM

Nov 2009
EZanime91 said:
Here is an interesting topic, which characters you know of in an anime that look very similar in appearance in two completely different shows. For example, I seen Hell Girl and Akame Ga Kill! and both main characters look extremely similar in physical appearance. What characters you all know that similar appearance?

If "black-haired, red-eyed beauty" is enough to consider them similar, you might want to add all the others. Like Yuuko from Tasogare Otome x Amnesia.
https://myanimelist.net/character/30273/Yuuko_Kanoe
Mar 2, 2017 8:53 PM

May 2013
Any anime that made by Misturu Adachi all look the same when comes to character design.
Mar 2, 2017 8:57 PM

Nov 2009
MohitVermillion said:
There's also a character from Princess Lover that is a direct copy of Arturia from Fate series.

Reminds me of Durandal in Hidan no Aria. She is supposed to look like Jeanne d'Arc, but looks like a palette-swapped Arturia. No wonder Caster got them confused.
Mar 2, 2017 9:01 PM

Jul 2016
Seikon no Qwaser and Akame ga Kill! have characters that look heavily inspired by two characters from Magipoka:

Ekaterina (aka Katja): (Seikon no Qwaser)

Leone: (Akame ga Kill!)

Pachira: (Magipoka)

Liru: (Magipoka)

Mar 2, 2017 9:02 PM

Jan 2016
Akiha Toono from Shingetsutan Tsukihime VS Haruka "Lovely" Morishima from Amagami SS :)
Mar 2, 2017 9:03 PM

Oct 2015
flannan said:
MohitVermillion said:

Reminds me of Durandal in Hidan no Aria. She is supposed to look like Jeanne d'Arc, but looks like a palette-swapped Arturia. No wonder Caster got them confused.

oh boys, you peeps aint se nothing yet :^)
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Mar 2, 2017 10:48 PM

May 2016
If we speak about characters, Leorio from Hunter x Hunter and Maes Hughes from Fullmetal Alchemist are practically THE SAME, because of appareance and personality. While watching FMA, I couldn't see Hughes as a separarse identity to Leorio lol.

There is also Akise and Minene from Mirai Nikki to Kaworu from Evangelion and Revy from Black Lagoon, in that case even backstory. To me it's more of a rip-off but I could be wrong.
Mar 2, 2017 11:29 PM

Feb 2014
Asuka Langley and Mia from Kaleido Star.

Miho (Bakuman) and Makoto (Flying Witch)

Warriors_of_God said:
Any anime that made by Misturu Adachi all look the same when comes to character design.

And Rumiko Takahashi, especially in the case Maison Ikkoku and Ranma 1/2. A lot of the characters in Ranma 1/2 look like the younger versions of the characters from Maison Ikkoku.
Mar 2, 2017 11:48 PM

Jun 2015
Warriors_of_God said:

He basically copied and pasted the same characters for about half his manga.
:)
Mar 3, 2017 1:07 AM

Nov 2009
Scarlett_ryuken said:
flannan said:

Care to introduce us to a few more Saber clones?

desseroni said:
Warriors_of_God said:

It can be interesting to see how many elements from Kara no Kyoukai got recycled in Nasu's later works.
MC looks like Tsukihime's Shiki, there is a boy who looks like F/SN's Shirou, Tsukihime's Akiha got brother complex from Azaka...
Mar 3, 2017 1:11 AM

Oct 2015
flannan said:
Scarlett_ryuken said:

Care to introduce us to a few more Saber clones?

desseroni said:

It can be interesting to see how many elements from Kara no Kyoukai got recycled in Nasu's later works.
MC looks like Tsukihime's Shiki, there is a boy who looks like F/SN's Shirou, Tsukihime's Akiha got brother complex from Azaka...

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Playable_Saber_(Fate/Extra) first one that comes to my mind,

and urm http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Saber_of_Red
yes, you may be saber's son but still lol
Mar 3, 2017 1:21 AM

Feb 2016
I think Accelerator from Railgun S and Hachiman from Oregairu look very similar (except for the hair colour). I think it is the shape of the eyes.
Mar 3, 2017 1:50 AM

Jan 2016

desseroni said:
Warriors_of_God said:

He put jokes in his manga about the fact that the characters look all the same in his works.
Mar 3, 2017 2:03 AM

Jul 2013
Fran said:
SuperRed said:

Eufie said:

RainyRai said:

Well, it seems you are my God now.

flannan said:
Well, Fate/Stay Night even had a brown haired Shiki Ryougi.
Mar 3, 2017 2:08 AM

Dec 2015
Illyricus said:
Fran said:

flannan said:
Illyricus said:
Fran said:

flannan said:

De nada
límite de caracteres fckkkk
Mar 3, 2017 3:56 AM

Jul 2015
Seijuurou Akashi from Kuroko no Basuke and Kusuo Saiki from Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan are similar in the sense that they both has pink(-ish) hair, both have creepy powers and both have the same seiyuu Hiroshi Kamiya.

Even Fujimaki-sensei recognized this, and he sketched a pic of where Mayuzumi tries to give Akashi Saiki's hairpins.
Mar 3, 2017 4:06 AM

Jan 2017
Cardcaptor Sakura and Tsubasa Chronicles have character overlap. Though I don't know if that counts since they are both in the CLAMP works and I think are supposed to be somewhat connected..

im weeb trash

Mar 3, 2017 4:16 AM
Feb 2016
Taiga from Toradora and Ryouko from Ookami San and her Seven Companions
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - Today

20 by Oofmastre9000 »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

20 by AverageRiceFan »»
5 minutes ago

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 2 hours ago

3 by AverageRiceFan »»
8 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

196 by ISeeLifePeople »»
22 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

69 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
36 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.