Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Scum's Wish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 3, 2017 7:58 PM

Apr 2012
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Mar 3, 2017 8:18 PM

Sep 2014
Lelouch0202 said:
You're asking the real questions aren't you? XDDD

Mar 3, 2017 9:57 PM
Sep 2015
god this episode messed with me so bad but i bumped up my rating after watching it, it was so good this is such a good show,,
Mar 3, 2017 10:30 PM
Mar 2017
Dang, I've caught up with the manga and everything but this part still continues to make mad.
Mar 4, 2017 12:28 AM

May 2014
Oh, no. Poor Hanabi.

She had no idea what (or who) Mugi was doing at the end there.
Ofc she got rejected by Kanai, that was inevitable...but there's no doubt in my mind that what he and Hana have is true love (just not the romantic kind). That contrast between the more pure feelings of Hana x Kanai to the way more sexually charged ones of Mugi x Akane is interesting & Mugi really loses control when it comes to Akane.
Like hell he's gonna change her. Total idiot! Hanabi is right there, waiting for you Mugi...she's even starting to like him! Why is he ruining everything?!

Atsuya is adorkable btw...wonder if Sanae will ever give him a go? Hana doesn't realize it yet, but she's probably the most alone she's ever been. Yikes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2017 6:00 AM

Jan 2017
This episode was amazing. It gets deeper and deeper and I'm loving it. This show gives me something to look forward to every week. (ಥ◡ಥ)
Sorry for my English.
Mar 4, 2017 6:40 AM

Apr 2016
Zemroid said:
Wait, people were actually surprised this happened?

Also, I'm still trying to find the great romance everybody sees in this show. The plot is just retarded and characters couldn't be more unrelatable. Only good things are the music and art.
Glad to see I'm not alone.

OT:Oh look another blank slate joins to this lame love hexagon/octagon whatever.

Laughably predictable outcome for both confessions especially considering Akane's poor written bitchy personality.Can't wait to see Hanabi , the only decent character in this show to suffer more.
Mar 4, 2017 6:54 AM

Sep 2014
MY HEART IS SOOO CONFUSED NOW!

I FUCKING LOVE HOW MUGI AND SENSEI DID IT!!!!! Yas I ship these both bastards together!

BUT IF FUCKING FEEL SOOOOOOO SORRY FOR Hanabi!!!!! =(

I rather this to end like school days than seeing Hana sooo sad!

FUCK ME!!!
Mar 4, 2017 8:19 AM
Mar 2010
I've never read the manga, I've never anticipated the show the way I was waiting for Little Witch Academia. I've always hated stuff, involving cheating, messing around, casual messing up and "scum"characters. Little did I know... that by the time of episode 4 I would be totally invested in the whole story, and by episode 8 this show is actually the best one for me in years for some strange reason. It has all the stuff I hate in real life and avoid in entertainment medium, yet it makes me think and reflect on so many levels. If someone dropped it after the first episode like I did initially should really give the show a second chance, it is amazing and in like 3 episodes it develops the vast cast of characters in a way other shows need seasons to do. A story that makes you care even for a trash like Akane should be really good.
Mar 4, 2017 9:01 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Intense episode on all levels. Akane is a force of nature. Poor Mugi is powerless agains that behemoth of evil, hypocrisy, beauty and lust.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 4, 2017 9:46 AM

Jul 2016
okay... no... it's not okay... just damn dude! what the hell!? I really hope Hana will not fall into the darkness again... But it seems she will, since Mugi caught in Akane's trap, even if he said he know it's a lie, but his lust still pushing him to get caught. You will regret it.
Mar 4, 2017 10:05 AM

May 2016
This was much better than the last episode Hana chan's confession went pretty well better than poor Mugi.
Mar 4, 2017 11:40 AM

Sep 2015
Now that's advancing the story. Pretty disappointed in Mugi, but maybe he'll become a decent person at the last second and return to Hanabi. Either way I can't believe we have four episodes left and they've already confessed to their unrequited loves. I preferred Hanabi's confession. It was very grounded, free of pointless drama and actually got an emotional reaction out of me. Pretty much the opposite of Mugi and Akane's scene. He may be the biggest dope imaginable but Narumi's a pretty good guy. Curious what's left of the story now? Are they going to drag out Hanabi and Mugi just becoming a thing? Will it be about Narumi discovering the true Akane? Lots of possibilities at least.

I almost forgot about it, because so much happened near the end. But Ecchan's scene this episode with a new character who's name I don't remember was...interesting. It kept threatening to get into like, the every lesbian just needs to find the right man mentality. But ultimately I think it avoided that. His proselytizing about how gender doesn't matter was a little on the nose but still cool. He's just kind of a baffling character. Lets see how it goes.
Mar 4, 2017 1:56 PM

Mar 2014
#PROTECTHANA2K17
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 4, 2017 1:57 PM

Feb 2016
My oh my.

I'm not sure how to feel. Story-wise, the episode was great. My only gripe is that it was quite predictable. That's not necessarily a bad thing because that means the writing follows an actual logical path, but I wonder if perhaps there was more they could have done with Mugi.

Sanae's friend brings an interesting flavor, though I'm not sure how much mileage we can get out of him with only 4 episodes remaining (unless it's not 12?). But as far as Sanae's dialogue, pretty standard. She's in love with Hanabi, the male friend is in love with Sanae. She doesn't know if she's into men, which is fine, sexuality is not easy. Perhaps she's just in love with a person, in which case, the sex of that person doesn't matter much, which is the logic her "cousin" uses. I think that's fine. I'm a romantic and that's gels with my idea that the perfect person is out there and it doesn't matter what their sex is.

Mugi has a bit of a hurdle to jump. He has deluded himself into thinking that he can ignore Akane's awful character and change her, a bit of a messiah complex. Not hard to believe, but it is disappointing. A failure of character in the moment, or a momentary weakness if you will.

What was interesting to me is that in those moments he thought of Hanabi and specifically said he did not want her to be alone. It seems Mugi may not be satisfied with getting what he wanted from Akane even though he knew it wasn't possible to begin with. A little like Moca.

Hanabi and Onii-chan. Yeah, that was pretty predictable. At this point, both Mugi and Hanabi want to move on, except Hanabi seems to be the only one to do so at the moment. But the love between her and Onii-chan, I just can't see it. He still sees her as his student, but more importantly, as a little girl. I don't think he can overcome that and I'd put a wager on him not wanting to overcome it on ethical grounds too.

Perhaps now that Hanabi has let go of Onii-chan, she will want Mugi, and if Akane finds out that Hanabi is now after Mugi, maybe her sights of conquest will move to Mugi as well, who now may get a false sense of saving grace for Akane.

This is very interesting. It's a bit of a tangled web of relationships and emotions, but I think it's coherent enough that we can follow it without having giant question marks all of the time.

Mar 4, 2017 2:17 PM

May 2008
Words cannot describe the mass triggering the ending of this episode did for me. Why does that slutty ass teacher always get her way. Someone gotta fuck her up and drop her dead in a ditch.

Mar 4, 2017 3:25 PM

Mar 2014
"I'm sure I can do it. I'm sure I can change. Because.. I'm not alone." she said.. FDSWQBKB MUGIIII HOW COULD YOU..!!

Shipping Mugi x Akane even more than before though
Mar 4, 2017 6:09 PM

Apr 2016
" i am not alone" ...

this anime makes me feel so bad . loving it
Mar 4, 2017 6:46 PM
Mar 2017
OK- this one-sided love ended beautifully..... Or it's supposed to be. Hanabi did great, not Mugi.
Well, is it me only or that Kanai-sensei(oniichansensei) could have some romantic feelings to Hana-chan? When they hugged(and cried together), he's blushing too(red cheeks)-
Notice in the several previous episodes that when Akane tripped he accidentally cried out 'Hana-chan'? (Then after that Akane became interested in him because of it). Well, even if it's not romantic feelings it's more like attachment to Hanabi. BECAUSE he hugged her TIGHTLY.
Even if I already read the manga to the lastest updated (translated one) i still couldn't forgive Akane-

WHY ONIICHAN AND HANABI COULDNT BE A SWEET COUPLE
Ok enough rants
Mar 4, 2017 6:48 PM

Sep 2014
We NTR now?
Yeaaaaaaaaaah boss.
Mar 4, 2017 7:34 PM

Sep 2011
Mentar said:
G_Spark233 said:
Ugh incest at the beginning -_-

Damnit Mugi! Fell right into Akane's trap.

Ending with Hanabi was really well done.

No incest. Cousin relationships are not only legal in Japan, but also socially accepted.

Ummm, legality has nothing o do with it being incest or not. Unless this is another sub issue. Ecchan and that dude at the begining are cousins and he is clearly DTF or something.
Mar 4, 2017 10:15 PM

Oct 2007
Cheering Atsuya on because Sanae is very worth it!
Mar 5, 2017 12:22 AM

Jan 2009
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Ummm, legality has nothing o do with it being incest or not. Unless this is another sub issue. Ecchan and that dude at the begining are cousins and he is clearly DTF or something.

Actually, it has everything to do with legality. Without it, you have no definition of what incest is in the first place.
Mar 5, 2017 12:28 AM

Sep 2011
Mentar said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Actually, it has everything to do with legality. Without it, you have no definition of what incest is in the first place.

Incest is sexual activity between family members or close relatives. This typically includes sexual activity between people in a consanguineous relationship (blood relations), and sometimes those related by affinity, such as individuals of the same household, stepfamily, those related by adoption or marriage, or members of the same clan or lineage

Boom, definition
Mar 5, 2017 12:53 AM

Dec 2015
The hero talks like he's looking down on himself but he sure acts like he thinks highly of him, trying to "fix" his favourite monster.

4/5 Oh, and we add another crazy person to the mix. At least, it delivers some fun.

I got that the hero pair is supposed to be in love by now. But it seems to me as "developed" as any story with the birth of a pair in the background. Am I supposed to understand that their shared common teenies situation is what lead them to fall in love with each other by making them interact more together?
Mar 5, 2017 2:09 AM

Jan 2009
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Incest is sexual activity between family members or close relatives. This typically includes sexual activity between people in a consanguineous relationship (blood relations), and sometimes those related by affinity, such as individuals of the same household, stepfamily, those related by adoption or marriage, or members of the same clan or lineage

Boom, definition

_Your_ definition. Not _the_ definition. And even your text is unsuited, because of the "sometimes" - it's rather more of a broad explanation/description.

Relevant for the story is its cultural context. In Japan, sexual activity between cousins is not considered incest.
Mar 5, 2017 2:19 AM

Sep 2011
Mentar said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Boom, definition

_Your_ definition. Not _the_ definition. And even your text is unsuited, because of the "sometimes" - it's rather more of a broad explanation/description.

Relevant for the story is its cultural context. In Japan, sexual activity between cousins is not considered incest.

Not my definition. There is context. Incest is incest. Context determines whether it is accepted or not.
Mar 5, 2017 4:37 AM

May 2016
Ohh Mugi stop it, just stop it.
Mar 5, 2017 4:44 AM

Apr 2009
kamisu said:
is it just me or is this is getting dangerously close to catching up with the manga?
They're adapting the manga at a pace of like 4 chapters per episode, so at this rate they will catch up just in time for the manga's ending itself - latest right now is chapter 46 and the entire manga is apparently ending at chapter 47, presumably, a month from now... anime will have about 4 more episodes by then - and this anime ends at episode 12.
Mar 5, 2017 6:10 AM

Oct 2015
I really support Atsuya x Ecchan, because I don't see anyway that Ecchan and Hanabi can be together (even though I ship them). But I didn't expect Mugi to be such an asshole tbh.

I felt my heart broke a little when Hanabi said: " Because I'm not alone" and Mugi was not going to meet her because he was there with that crap teacher. But everytime I watch this anime I realized that I should expect for the worse, and when I'm thinking that things will finally work out then wel... they won't. Now I just really want Hanabi and Mugi to get (finally) together and then I will be satisfied.
Mar 5, 2017 7:09 AM
Jul 2018
good episode

but so many shitty people on this anime
Mar 5, 2017 7:47 AM

Feb 2016
Oh f*** me Mugi. Why now? F*** you from the bottom of my heart.

Oh Hanabi, I'm so proud of you. I like you now haha.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Mar 5, 2017 8:11 AM

Mar 2013
Can't help but laughed hard when the ending scene rolled in lmao
Mar 5, 2017 9:00 AM

Jul 2009
Ecchan's cousin is introduced ... hmm, don't really like him that much so far, but I'm guessing he'll play a bigger role later on. I thought the second half was really well done, it was interesting comparing Mugi and Hana's experiences. Mugi knows exactly what Akane's doing but she still holds onto her lies and even though he knows they still end up sleeping together ... I kinda feel bad for him, I think he was just expecting her to turn him down but then she said how she cared for him and he just let himself go along with her :P On the other hand I thought Hana's monologue was really touching, it basically went exactly how I expected, she was very gracefully rejected :'( Ah well now I guess we'll see if Hana and Mugi get together especially since I think they're both kind of developing feelings for each other ... either way I thought this was a really good episode :P
Mar 5, 2017 2:29 PM

Jan 2013
I always have the same feeling when i finish an episode, and it's always fury, like in 5 episodes out of 8 i always have the same feeling, sometimes it was to punch Mugi, the last episodes were to punch Hababi...but this one omg! I was so happy at the beginning, i actually thought that they could be happy. Would love to punch Mugi now omfg! So angry xD
Hanabi finally did it and i think she passed it, and Mugi will probably stay like this forever...only if something very big happens, then he may change.
I knew that she would do that, that was her last chance to destroy Hanabi :(
Ecchan's new hope? I wish her the best with that guy.
F**! So angry omfg i hate this anime xD Next episode will probably destroy me.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 5, 2017 3:41 PM

Aug 2015
God damn it Mugi. You just had to ruin it :(
Mar 5, 2017 4:33 PM

Mar 2016
No... mugi why are you doing this I thought you had more will power.

Hanabi you are alone girl... self-reliance is the only way now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2017 5:00 PM

Jan 2011
I just marathon this series for the last few days. Jesus Christ........
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Mar 5, 2017 6:43 PM

Oct 2012
Feels level 200%.

Whoever directed this episode has just created almost masterpiece, it's full of emotions and the music was craftfully tied to great frame editing.

Still, honestly, who didn't expected that, right? He gets his girl, she don't get the boy, this twist was pretty much given since we learn how Akane's mind works. But it was also great scene from Mugi's perspective, to tell her he would be her first was brilliant sentence.

But this series is all like this, we more or less know what'll happen, it's just the anticipation to see everything animated that glues us to this series so tigthly. Really haven't seen such intense series with literally every episode full of greatness for a quite while by now. KGNE like 10+ years ago and that was really different time then.

Now she won't be alone. I really can't wait to see how this stirs their relation, Mugi and Hanabi probably won't be seeing each other for a while.

I only don't get what was the purpose of Ecchan's cousin as he was pretty uninteresting character for me, dunno why he was even introduced at this point.
But I believe Hanabi starts seeing Ecchan again to sate her broken heart (now that Mugi is taken), so he may be kinda relevant I guess. We'll see...
Mar 6, 2017 2:41 AM

Oct 2013
Hey look, Hanabi got the traditional & expected rejection while Akane decided to make things more fun, totally didn't see that coming, kappa. Not be taken as a criticism of the ep btw, I loved it as much as every1 else :P

I sure hope Hanabi's considered the possibility, and probably has tbh, though she's powerless on that front.

Also, loved the NPC vs final boss comparison Mugi made. Akane be like "gg easy" once again.
Mar 6, 2017 3:41 AM

Jun 2014
No self control Mugi but I can't blame him though.
Mar 6, 2017 7:10 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
This episode could be the last episode and I'm still satisfied about it, but probably most people would go riot if that happened.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 6, 2017 8:24 AM

Feb 2014
Ehhhhhhh new character introduction with 3/4 of the way through? D:
Mar 6, 2017 9:02 AM

Jun 2015
That cousin dude felt incredibly unnecessary.
Well...teenage boys just wanna stick it in. Still though, that was wrong.
How did you do? - I got rejected and cried my eyes out, you? - I got laid. (⌐■‿■)
Mar 6, 2017 11:07 AM

May 2014
Quite sad ep. So they confessed after all. About time they did it, but it were still very sad. I thought for a moment it would be delayed for the next ep., but I really glad they didn't. But it's good for them that they finally got it out of themselves. The response always hurt if you know you are going to be rejected, but that's how you move on.

Back to the ep., I think Mugi's case were more sad. Cause he loves a woman that couldn't give a fuck and is only an attention w***e. But I really didn't expect that he would go that far to want to change her. That's actually quite amazing and shows that this is really true love.

I wonder if something happened between his teacher and Mugi since he didn't met Hanabi at the meeting place at 10 p.m. After watching the series up-to-now I can only think about the best scenario for them. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I got surprised to see the name in the series too. Not many anime do that, LOL:

Mar 6, 2017 4:07 PM
Jul 2018
Lemon said:
Ehhhhhhh new character introduction with 3/4 of the way through? D:
In commentary on previous episodes the objection was sometimes raised that the attention in this series is too narrowly focussed on too small a pool of characters. Characters whose world shrinks due to their obsessions.

I think the point is being made that every character, and person, probably has someone in their background with whom they have disparity of feelings in their relationships. One of the main themes is unrequited love and there are similarities as well as differences between the situations in each of the situations. Kuzu sticks to its themes.

Introducing a new character in this manner and at this point in time reinforces the idea, to me, that the characters don't look beyond those narrow circles in which they seem trapped. Perhaps the point is being made that they could all benefit from looking for some truly new characters outside such confines...
Mar 6, 2017 11:31 PM
Oct 2016
Okay, this episode made me really depressed and confused.

Did Akane actually really like Mugi? I think its the first time I've seen her blushing like that and she 'seemed' a bit shocked/disappointed when Mugi said he USED to like her.

Poor Hanabi... She trust Mugi but he ended up having sex with Akane. I hope he still with Hanabi though :(
Mar 7, 2017 1:47 AM
Jul 2012
This episode.... damn, poor Hanabi. I was kind of expecting them to get both rejected, but Mugi, gives into some kind of hate sex? I didn't really see Akane actually taking Mugi to bed with her coming, I thought perhaps she was going to reject him and end up hurting him or having him question himself in some way. Well guess I was half right, makes sense she'd try to take Mugi away from Hanabi as well though, what a bitch. Gotta say though, I love how Mugi is fully aware of his actions and calls Akane out, but still goes with it anyways, I think that's very human. Even if you hate and despise someone, if you've lusted after them for so long and the opportunity arises, especially when they are as hot as Akane, I think many people would engage in the hate sex. It's very hard to fight against your primal urges in such situations for someone you've cared about or lusted for. Anyone thinking that Mugi whose, young, hormonal, vulnerable and unsure of himself could confidently avoid falling into Akane's trap, or that he should of avoided it completely, is dead wrong. I think the anime captured that situation rather realistically.

Now for those people thinking Ecchan's cousin's late introduction is irrelevant, or that it ties up the loose ends with Ecchan.... Really? How can you all say that after seeing the end of the episode? Especially with 3-4 more episodes left? This is only going to go one way with Hanabi. Hanabi is going to feel betrayed, and have some serious trust issues, especially since her feelings for Mugi, whom she feels she has a comrade in, are blossoming, she's going to be extremely vulnerable and hurt, and Ecchan who has lusted after her, is going to take advantage of this and exploit her. We've already seen that Ecchan gives no fucks, and will basically rape Hanabi if she wants too. With Hanabi vulnerable, combined with Ecchan's own urges and selfishness, plus not seeing Hanabi for a while and encountering her cousin who she seems to be disgusted with, the situation is ripe for her to strike. I think the cousin is going to somehow offer a way or alternative to 'save' Hanabi from Ecchan, by perhaps Hanabi confiding in him, or perhaps by him, either directly or indirectly, causing Ecchan to somehow question or doubt her feelings for Hanabi and cease her advances, to me, it seemed Ecchan was already struggling with what he was saying at the start. While this is all speculation, with Hanabi now vulnerable, Ecchan is going to make her move, she's an important character in all this, and has been quiet for too long, and the cousin is going to be the one that either stops Ecchan.... or perhaps in a crazy twist, make her fall for Hanabi more? I tend to think he'll play the intervention role, but what a twist it would be if it only makes the situation worse. Guess we'll see next week!
No I don't read manga. Why? Because according to MAL manga readers, all anime is either: too rushed, too slow, anime original, or a terrible adaption. I like to enjoy anime for what it is, anime.
Mar 7, 2017 3:05 AM

Feb 2014
wow mugi... i hate everyone in this show T_T the long hair guy is my new fav
Mar 7, 2017 6:45 AM

Sep 2011
Well, most men are stupid anyway. You can't stop the lust once it's triggered, especially if the cause is a certain someone you like yet you can't have.

They didn't adapt the forehead and ear kiss though I'm sad...
TennoujiMar 7, 2017 6:48 AM

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2017

433 by unbigou »»
Mar 24, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

250 by AniGreek73 »»
Feb 17, 5:46 PM

» Live Action

JSeanaY - Dec 18, 2023

5 by Asudox »»
Dec 29, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

159 by Sanyuu »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:06 AM

» I want to watch it but I don't want to watch it.

Ronin_Sensei - Sep 13, 2023

48 by Zarutaku »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.