Why is Steins Gate so popular?
Jul 31, 5:41 PM
Jul 31, 5:44 PM
Jul 31, 5:48 PM
Joined: Oct 2015
I really want to nut inside of Mayuri honestly
ill let you nut in me tbh
OT: cause as long as something is slighty better than average, its a masterpiece by casual logic
Schrödonger's trap: It's not gay until you can prove a dick exists down there, without proof, a dick can exist and not exist down there at the same time.
Jul 31, 5:48 PM
Jul 31, 5:50 PM
Jul 31, 6:17 PM
Jul 31, 6:37 PM
Joined: Oct 2014
People giving out 9's/10's for S;G just have selective and short memory. They forgot how ordinary the first 6 or 7 episodes were and only remember the last half when they get around to scoring. When I watched it it was #2; something that high should be very good start to finish; maybe one or two subpar episodes at most.
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer. Sig by silverwhirlwind.
Jul 31, 7:46 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Perhaps because of its rather successful thematic depiction of time-travel that many other shows tried and failed to do. Other than that, it is rather ordinary in my opinion. The pacing is terrible, the dialogues are dry, the romance felt forced, and the characters are monotonous and quite frankly, annoying.
It is not bad, but it is not a masterpiece in any way, shape or form, either. I don't blame others who think this is the best anime series they've ever seen, but there's nothing more grating than to see its most rabid fans claim that "only intelligent people will like this," which is but a poor bait to convey their faux intellectual superiority.
you're questioning a lot of things today. Steins;Gate is a masterpiece only intellectuals understand.
Case in point.
Jul 31, 7:51 PM
Jul 31, 7:55 PM
Joined: May 2017
Considering that OP has made a decent amount of very questionable threads like "Why do people hate Fairy Tail?" I can see why they would make a thread like this.
OP can't handle the fact that their tastes are not well regarded. Could be baiting though. Who knows.
Because Steins;Gate is actually good.
Jul 31, 7:57 PM
Aug 30, 2:54 PM
Joined: Mar 2016
Straight off, I dislike the anime. From all the 8.5+ rated anime it is probably my biggest disappointment. I find the anime to have a bunch of issues:
1) its either very childish and then suddenly serious. Dunno for me the tempo of the show just didn't fit
2) characters are super flat. Fat nerd, b-baka! type tsundere main girl, and all others also follow a very generic stereotype. Also no character development. Even if the timeline is rather short and repeated, the characters feel lifeless for me
3) Okarin.. The main character does a bunch of stupid shit, for example when he is desperately trying to save a certain person, his actions he takes are beyond pathetic and if he would get caught once, would be final... He involves everyone anyway, but they have to drag it out of him.
4) story. It really isn't that creative or mindblowing. It has a nice idea, but not much more
These were just some of the things that irked me while watching it. Usually MAL serves as a very good indicator, but for me this show was really average.
And every time I try to ask this question, people tend to get REALLY offended (looking at your /r/anime). Just a few minutes ago a person tried to convince me that the anime is a seinen one and how dare I call it a rather typical shonen one.. (and its not like I dislike shonen anyway, just finished re zero and eureka seven and liked both of those)
So could you guys tell me what I am missing? What makes this anime supposedly so great that makes it deserve a 9+ rating here?
1.For me it was not so suddenly, the tempo was just right
2. Well Okabe keeps repeating time of course some characters will remain the same, but there is still development for Okabe, Kurisu and Suzuha. I don't mind the generic stereotype as long as it's done right, I think Kurisu tsundere is part of her character development because the more she's with Okabe the more she loves him but she's too shy to express her feelings.
3. I thought he wasn't stupid but he was panicked and shocked by his situation
4. For me it's creative and mind blowing. Maybe because I haven't watched much anime
I don't know if it's overrated but it's has no flaws and very enjoyable
Modified by kikiabdull, Sep 10, 2:17 AM
WILL YOU SETTLE DOWN AND HAVE ANOTHER CUP OF COFFEE?
Aug 30, 4:46 PM
Sep 14, 3:23 PM
Sep 14, 3:34 PM