Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 28, 2017 4:19 AM
May 2015
Straight off, I dislike the anime. From all the 8.5+ rated anime it is probably my biggest disappointment. I find the anime to have a bunch of issues:

1) its either very childish and then suddenly serious. Dunno for me the tempo of the show just didn't fit

2) characters are super flat. Fat nerd, b-baka! type tsundere main girl, and all others also follow a very generic stereotype. Also no character development. Even if the timeline is rather short and repeated, the characters feel lifeless for me

3) Okarin.. The main character does a bunch of stupid shit, for example when he is desperately trying to save a certain person, his actions he takes are beyond pathetic and if he would get caught once, would be final... He involves everyone anyway, but they have to drag it out of him.

4) story. It really isn't that creative or mindblowing. It has a nice idea, but not much more

These were just some of the things that irked me while watching it. Usually MAL serves as a very good indicator, but for me this show was really average.

And every time I try to ask this question, people tend to get REALLY offended (looking at your /r/anime). Just a few minutes ago a person tried to convince me that the anime is a seinen one and how dare I call it a rather typical shonen one.. (and its not like I dislike shonen anyway, just finished re zero and eureka seven and liked both of those)

So could you guys tell me what I am missing? What makes this anime supposedly so great that makes it deserve a 9+ rating here?
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 28, 2017 4:28 AM

Jul 2015
@Ynwe S;G is boring as fuck for all the reasons you mentionned. It's a uninspired harem with generic dere characters, animation and soundtrack are forgettable, the meta humor is pitiful, etc... It really feels like a dating sim adaptation, probably because it is one.

Now prepare for a shitstorm, OP! *elegantly opens his shit umbrella*
Feb 28, 2017 4:29 AM

Feb 2013
from the outside, i'd say it looks more interesting than most other anime
and that's what matters when it comes to popularity

as for why it's so high rated, that's another story =p
Feb 28, 2017 4:32 AM

May 2016
Because people has opinions. That's it.
Feb 28, 2017 4:32 AM

Dec 2015
ooh, let me grab my popcorn, this is gonna be fun ^^

OT: I found Steins Gate to be a bit overrated, still a decent anime but far from a masterpiece.
Feb 28, 2017 4:37 AM

Aug 2014
Because this neat thing called opinion is different from person to person. I know, it's shocking to hear OP! A majority enjoyed S;G's, so it got a high rating. What you found boring elements of the series, others found enjoyable. What you found as flaws, others looked past. What you didn't like, others saw with a more positive view (also not sure how you could enjoy Re:Zero but not S;G when they aren't any different when it comes to the flaws you mentioned)
Feb 28, 2017 4:37 AM
Jul 2018
Usually MAL serves as a very good indicator, but for me this show was really average.
Yeah... they're not.

(and its not like I dislike shonen anyway, just finished re zero and eureka seven and liked both of those)

Good Taste :p

But as to S;G is so popular, I have not seen it BUT let's think about a few things that often make a series popular

Drama with Romance: from what I've heard, it is there so: ✓
Cute Girls: The tu turu thing is from S;G isn't it so:✓
Dem Feelz: not sure about that but I think it may be a: ✓ or not
Dem Very 2deep plot: Apparently S;G is the only anime that does time travel well so I dunno, let's give it a: ✓

And probably some other reasons.
Feb 28, 2017 4:46 AM

Apr 2014
Probably only because of Makise and "I am mad scientist, it's so cool! Sonovabitch."
Feb 28, 2017 4:51 AM
Dec 2016
Ynwe said:
just finished re zero and eureka seven and liked both of those)

Am i the only one who get irritated so much when Subaru died so many times in the first 6 eps?? "Here he came back and died again"
Also.. this gate has some 'psycho' thing since ep12..and it's quite epic..
Feb 28, 2017 4:56 AM
Nov 2015
You should read the VN instead :D
Although that might not really change your mind. I agree with OP on the fact that some characters just follow generic character tropes, but the story was really unique to me when I watched it (world line theory etc, although thinking about it now, it's just another way of portraying parallel universes.). It might be very popular mainly because S;G is one of the few anime that did time travel right.
Look at Erased. It was great at first but it went downhill afterwards.
Feb 28, 2017 4:58 AM

Dec 2015
Obligatory "people have different tastes" post

Also, since im curious ill ask:

Re:zero is equally guilty of most of the things you listed so why do you hold it in a different light from s;g? Im genuinely curious
Feb 28, 2017 5:00 AM
Nov 2015
Protaku said:
Probably only because of Makise and "I am mad scientist, it's so cool! Sonovabitch."

Sonovabitch too ^^

Ynwe said:
, just finished re zero and eureka seven and liked both of those)

though I did like re zero too, I found steins gate btr cos Subaru just threw away rem for the useless white elf. Subaru is actually pretty similar to okabe imo
Feb 28, 2017 5:06 AM
Jun 2015
Dr. Pepper is the main reason because its a drink for all true scientists.
Feb 28, 2017 5:16 AM
May 2015

THATS-NOT-GAUCHE said:

Re:zero is equally guilty of most of the things you listed so why do you hold it in a different light from s;g? Im genuinely curious

Oh I will admit they do have certain similarities that I find annoying. But at the end of the day I found Re Zero to be enjoyable, while I was REALLY getting annoyed with S G in the middle of the show. Why exactly is hard for me to place.

Example: I found it annoying when Okabe was trying to stop the organisation from killing someone. He went alone and almost got killed/arrested himself. Why would he go alone, knowing that if he failed he would repeat the past and the person would die? The only reason he was able to escape was because this big grand organization hired a fucking otaku and some goofy goons to do the job and they kept fucking up

In Re Zero Subaru fails all the time, and it has consequences resulting in his demise. Due to how the ability is set up that is fine, in S G Okabe magically has to reach his pc even though he really shouldn't be able to. Just as a small nit picky example
Feb 28, 2017 5:16 AM

Feb 2016
Can someone who has achieved objectively good taste tell me if Steins;Gate is really worth it? Its one of the few I havent seen from the top.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Feb 28, 2017 5:24 AM
Sep 2015
WTF?? You're enjoying Re:Zero and not S;G??

Why S;G is rated so high?? Because Steins;Gate is better than other Time Travel anime like Erased, or Re:Zero. But it's your own taste, what we can do??

For me :
S;G is 10/10
Erased is 8/10
And Re:Zero is 1/10 (Most overrated anime besides Clannad AS)
Still waiting for Half-Life 3...
Feb 28, 2017 5:24 AM

Feb 2013
Ynwe said:

THATS-NOT-GAUCHE said:

Oh I will admit they do have certain similarities that I find annoying. But at the end of the day I found Re Zero to be enjoyable, while I was REALLY getting annoyed with S G in the middle of the show. Why exactly is hard for me to place.

Example: I found it annoying when Okabe was trying to stop the organisation from killing someone. He went alone and almost got killed/arrested himself. Why would he go alone, knowing that if he failed he would repeat the past and the person would die? The only reason he was able to escape was because this big grand organization hired a fucking otaku and some goofy goons to do the job and they kept fucking up

In Re Zero Subaru fails all the time, and it has consequences resulting in his demise. Due to how the ability is set up that is fine, in S G Okabe magically has to reach his pc even though he really shouldn't be able to. Just as a small nit picky example
yes xaxaxa that part was the stupidest imo too
i also wanted to know more about that interesting future that was teased.. much more interesting than the sliceoflife first half

rezero has a different structure.. it was 4 loops iirc, in each saving some lives; my intuition tells me each was a volume or so of light novel

s;g was clearly divided in two halves, related through the messages. in the light hearted first half, they sent all the messages and talk about memes, but in the second half things get serious, and we also see the influence each message and they have to reverse them one by one

this might be why sg is boring for some.. at the halfway point, rezero already finished 2 stories, while s;g was just done with the first half of their big story

my cynical view tells me that shounenfans who are used to overly long stories liked s;g more ^^" and they are also the kind of people who give more 10s resulting in a higher rating
Feb 28, 2017 5:30 AM
Apr 2013
Because it features popular western organisations such as Dr. Pepper, Cern, the CIA, John Titor, 4chan, white lab coats and an American redhead.
Feb 28, 2017 5:33 AM

Aug 2014
Ynwe said:

THATS-NOT-GAUCHE said:

And in S;G, Okabe failing over and over wears him down mentality and shows his weak character as a person he holds dear is unsaveable for him. How is that different from Subaru?
And lets not even forget Subaru is conveniently protect by plot armor just as much as Okabe just because of his ability, or the fact Subaru acts alot more like a retard than Okabe does. Hell the only reason Subaru survives is because he gets 1 million resets before finally understanding anything, then using the power of people who wouldn't normally help him. It's not much different from Okabe's situation. There aren't even any consequences to Subaru besides the same as with Okabe - him getting worn down mentally.
Feb 28, 2017 5:48 AM

Mar 2009
HamburgerSpike said:
Can someone who has achieved objectively good taste tell me if Steins;Gate is really worth it? Its one of the few I havent seen from the top.

Objectively.... good taste?
It's definitely not a bad anime. Just don't have any high expectations and you might end up liking it.

@Snappynator
One reason why I like Subaru better than Okabe is because Subaru is supposed to be an idiot, he was written as one.
Subaru is written to be an idiot who thinks more highly of himself than he deserves.
Okabe on the other hand, is supposed to be smart. He is written like a genius who has intimidate knowledge of hard science and helps develop the world's first time machine even. Yet, he's as hopelessly retarded as Subaru is.

I prefer Subaru much better than Okabe and generally Re:Zero better than Steins;Gate, though I don't think very highly of both of them.
The reason for it, is because I feel Subaru and Re:Zero are more honest to the viewer than Okabe and Steins;Gate.
Both are just dumb harems, at least Re:Zero seems to acknowledge it while Steins;Gate pretends to be something better.
kodialFeb 28, 2017 6:00 AM
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Feb 28, 2017 5:51 AM

Feb 2013
HamburgerSpike said:
it's single digit in both ranking and popularity
i think it's worth it just for the discussion opportunities

worldeditor11 said:
Because it features popular western organisations such as Dr. Pepper, Cern, the CIA, John Titor, 4chan, white lab coats and an American redhead.
weren't the 4chan things just subbed/dubbed over the 2chan references in the original?
Feb 28, 2017 5:59 AM

Apr 2013
meanwhile re:zero is all plot convenience, cute girls, and "feels"
if your favorite waifu doesn't get her moment, you're not gonna like it i guess

anyway, i'm sure there's flaws in the time-travel of s;g, but it's one of the few series
(or only one that i've seen) that does time-travel seemingly right.. plus there's the
whole mystery and conspiracy shadowing the series which was interesting

but if you like bad series and don't like good ones, only thing i can say is that you like bad series and don't like good ones
Feb 28, 2017 6:03 AM

Aug 2014
@Kodial
I don't think Okabe is a hopeless retard, he is shown as smart and he is smart, he just as a childish personality at times.
Feb 28, 2017 6:05 AM

Dec 2015
Ynwe said:
Straight off, I dislike the anime. From all the 8.5+ rated anime it is probably my biggest disappointment. I find the anime to have a bunch of issues:

1) its either very childish and then suddenly serious. Dunno for me the tempo of the show just didn't fit

2) characters are super flat. Fat nerd, b-baka! type tsundere main girl, and all others also follow a very generic stereotype. Also no character development. Even if the timeline is rather short and repeated, the characters feel lifeless for me

3) Okarin.. The main character does a bunch of stupid shit, for example when he is desperately trying to save a certain person, his actions he takes are beyond pathetic and if he would get caught once, would be final... He involves everyone anyway, but they have to drag it out of him.

4) story. It really isn't that creative or mindblowing. It has a nice idea, but not much more

These were just some of the things that irked me while watching it. Usually MAL serves as a very good indicator, but for me this show was really average.

And every time I try to ask this question, people tend to get REALLY offended (looking at your /r/anime). Just a few minutes ago a person tried to convince me that the anime is a seinen one and how dare I call it a rather typical shonen one.. (and its not like I dislike shonen anyway, just finished re zero and eureka seven and liked both of those)

So could you guys tell me what I am missing? What makes this anime supposedly so great that makes it deserve a 9+ rating here?

Well Im agree with you... someone recomended me that anime. For me there are other reasons of why its not enjoyable.. also maybe could add it.

1. The story is easy to guess for me on where it would lead to, or the plot twist... and nothing suprising from it at all, even the ending.

2. There is no certain information on how they build that Phone Microwave thing and where and how did Okabe get his Reading Steiner ability so nothing amazed me and it seems like its just a coincidence or luck LOL

3. Some part of the science are failed to me. For example, like how could eating vegetables change someone's gender but not appareance? like if the mom eating the veggies and the change happen when she is pregnant then isnt it more make sense if there is genetic involved? Also that part about compressing brain memory . I understand here the implication of brain memory kinda simillar to computer data but isnt it too shallow? like the form of those two different like, Brain is more like chemical and physical process and even scientist doesnt know exactly how the brain works, yet data in the computer is more like mechanical process. Like is she ever see the exact form of Brain memory? if not the how can she scan it? Also if time travel about manipulating brain memory then how can it change environtment even people moves? so I was questioning is that only an illusion? then its failed...

3. Since I know where the story lead and its easy to guess, the emotion of the drama part not even reach me so....

and more stuff... and I ended up giving it 6 (the lowest for my rating system) yet I was actually planning on dropping it, was considering someone that reccomend me this anime want to know my opinion so, its better to finish it.

*I could feel those stareeeeee at meeeee....... arrrrhhhh....

But people have their reasons for their rating and enjoyment so... Im not gonna blame them for that as well hehe... (unless someone that praise it only because it has high rating and a lot people seems liking it LOL)
EufieFeb 28, 2017 6:11 AM
"It’s so ri-ri-diculous that I h-hope you understand even if I st-st-stutter, my t-t-talking ability is a little lacking
Still I wanted to at least s-speak co-co-correctly but my mouth keeps getting c-c-crooked because I lo-lo-love it so much, love it so mu-much "

[signature]
Feb 28, 2017 6:08 AM

Mar 2009
Snappynator said:
@Kodial
I don't think Okabe is a hopeless retard, he is shown as smart and he is smart, he just as a childish personality at times.

Dude, the guy's dumb as a brick. Everything bad that happened in this anime, it's because he's miserably stupid.
Comparatively, if Okabe wasn't into time traveling and say, he was into nuclear physics and all, he would try to stop a nuclear meltdown (that he had caused anyway) without even radiation suit on, that's how dumb he is.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Feb 28, 2017 6:12 AM

Apr 2015
Ynwe said:

He didn't really have a choice in a lot of that "stupid shit". He did what he had to do save lives.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Feb 28, 2017 6:14 AM
Oct 2015
No development? I'm not sure what you're talking about at all. The characters do start out somewhat formulaic but as their stories progress especially through the use of dmail they become well thought out and interesting individuals. What exactly does Okarin do thats so dumb? The part where he tries to save her is the best. Its tense and makes you feel anxious. Him thinking everything was a conspiracy was funny and the way the conspiracy did eventually unfold was well executed. One ohe best thriller in anime Also Mayuri is cute.
Feb 28, 2017 6:15 AM
May 2015
@Eufie, I agree, I had high hopes of the show since the premise seemed interesting. Ended up giving it a 5, only tokyo ghould route A (3) has a lower score for me

@kodial, I agree. This guy invented a time machine yet is stupid and does stupid shit beyond the forgiving margin.
Feb 28, 2017 6:18 AM

Feb 2013
Eufie said:
3. Some part of the science are failed to me. For example, like how could eating vegetables change someone's gender but not appareance? like if the mom eating the veggies and the change happen when she is pregnant then isnt it more make sense if there is genetic involved?
that part reminded me that food can affect sims pregnancies with a 100% success rate..
male ruka was already androgynous and you can say femruka has all genes except sex ones the same
i'm sure that other characters would have (choose to) look way different if their gender changed
Feb 28, 2017 6:19 AM

Mar 2009
CatSoul said:
Ynwe said:

He didn't really have a choice in a lot of that "stupid shit". He did what he had to do save lives.

Save lives from problems that he created.
Okabe has none but himself to blame because everything bad that happened was a direct result of his own stupid decisions.
"Booohahahaa I'm Hououououin Kyoma and I'm picking random girls off the streets to add to my harem--- ehhh, super secret time machine club and alter the past to make their wishes come true, after I have my hormone-raging otaku no-lifer hack into CERN of all places and just leave it on. That's never gonna backfire, never, I tell you!"
Seriously... perhaps the most retarded anime character ever.
Feb 28, 2017 6:19 AM

Dec 2015
Ynwe said:
@Eufie, I agree, I had high hopes of the show since the premise seemed interesting. Ended up giving it a 5, only tokyo ghould route A (3) has a lower score for me

Yup yup... well I wasnt expecting too high but ya.. its still kinda dissapointing :3
"It’s so ri-ri-diculous that I h-hope you understand even if I st-st-stutter, my t-t-talking ability is a little lacking
Still I wanted to at least s-speak co-co-correctly but my mouth keeps getting c-c-crooked because I lo-lo-love it so much, love it so mu-much "

[signature]
Feb 28, 2017 6:21 AM
Oct 2015
Eufie said:
Ynwe said:

Well Im agree with you... someone recomended me that anime. For me there are other reasons of why its not enjoyable.. also maybe could add it.

1. The story is easy to guess for me on where it would lead to, or the plot twist... and nothing suprising from it at all, even the ending.

2. There is no certain information on how they build that Phone Microwave thing and where and how did Okabe get his Reading Steiner ability so nothing amazed me and it seems like its just a coincidence or luck LOL

3. Some part of the science are failed to me. For example, like how could eating vegetables change someone's gender but not appareance? like if the mom eating the veggies and the change happen when she is pregnant then isnt it more make sense if there is genetic involved? Also that part about compressing brain memory . I understand here the implication of brain memory kinda simillar to computer data but isnt it too shallow? like the form of those two different like, Brain is more like chemical and physical process and even scientist doesnt know exactly how the brain works, yet data in the computer is more like mechanical process. Like is she ever see the exact form of Brain memory? if not the how can she scan it? Also if time travel about manipulating brain memory then how can it change environtment even people moves? so I was questioning is that only an illusion? then its failed...

3. Since I know where the story lead and its easy to guess, the emotion of the drama part not even reach me so....

and more stuff... and I ended up giving it 6 (the lowest for my rating system) yet I was actually planning on dropping it, was considering someone that reccomend me this anime want to know my opinion so, its better to finish it.

But people have their reasons for their rating and enjoyment so... Im not gonna blame them for that as well hehe... (unless someone that praise it only because it has high rating and a lot people seems liking it LOL)
Eating vegetables during pregnancy does increase your chances of having a girl. Its solid science. Yes he shouldve looked differently but I dont think it'd be impossible and maybe his/her appearance is one of the things locked in that set of worldlines.
Feb 28, 2017 6:26 AM

Dec 2015
romagia said:
Eufie said:
3. Some part of the science are failed to me. For example, like how could eating vegetables change someone's gender but not appareance? like if the mom eating the veggies and the change happen when she is pregnant then isnt it more make sense if there is genetic involved?
that part reminded me that food can affect sims pregnancies with a 100% success rate..
male ruka was already androgynous and you can say femruka has all genes except sex ones the same
i'm sure that other characters would have (choose to) look way different if their gender changed

Sims pregnancies? like Sims the game? :o
But that doesnt mean it could discard all the possibilites... like genes isnt as simple as that that I know... and by that, do you imply that the gene change depends on what Ruka wants? or what oneself want?

[signature]
Feb 28, 2017 6:30 AM

Dec 2015
Fate-of-Eva said:
Eufie said:

Eating vegetables during pregnancy does increase your chances of having a girl. Its solid science. Yes he shouldve looked differently but I dont think it'd be impossible and maybe his/her appearance is one of the things locked in that set of worldlines.

Well I have a sister in law, she has a boy baby but she likes eating veggies even when she pregnant... and rarely eat meat :o almost never... cause we rarely cook meat...
Well I was thinking based on this fact as well... Also "increase your chance" doesnt mean its 100% right?

Well ya its not impposible but like the other possibilities is just too big.

[signature]
Feb 28, 2017 6:33 AM

Feb 2016
Programmer69 said:
WTF?? You're enjoying Re:Zero and not S;G??

Why S;G is rated so high?? Because Steins;Gate is better than other Time Travel anime like Erased, or Re:Zero. But it's your own taste, what we can do??

For me :
S;G is 10/10
Erased is 8/10
And Re:Zero is 1/10 (Most overrated anime besides Clannad AS)
I fully agree except Erasrd is a 6 and I like Clannad AS
Feb 28, 2017 6:36 AM

Feb 2013
Eufie said:
romagia said:

But that doesnt mean it could discard all the possibilites... like genes isnt as simple as that that I know... and by that, do you imply that the gene change depends on what Ruka wants? or what oneself want?
yes
and remember steins gate characters are also video game characters p= i dont think realism was their aim.. just "video game logic"

ruka was already girl-looking thats why he doesnt look different as a girl
i think the other characters whould have at least chosen different hair styles
Feb 28, 2017 6:38 AM

Jan 2016
Eufie said:
Fate-of-Eva said:

Well I have a sister in law, she has a boy baby but she likes eating veggies even when she pregnant... and rarely eat meat :o almost never... cause we rarely cook meat...
Well I was thinking based on this fact as well... Also "increase your chance" doesnt mean its 100% right?

It's Steins Gate, you chose the wrong anime if you looked for a hard sci-fi show.
Feb 28, 2017 6:42 AM

Sep 2009
Because people are braindead, but they like pseudoscience and waifus.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Feb 28, 2017 6:44 AM

Dec 2015
Johnnyd3rp said:
Eufie said:

It's Steins Gate, you chose the wrong anime if you looked for a hard sci-fi show.

Well it was someone's recomendation....

[signature]
Feb 28, 2017 6:45 AM

Dec 2015
romagia said:
Eufie said:

yes
and remember steins gate characters are also video game characters p= i dont think realism was their aim.. just "video game logic"

ruka was already girl-looking thats why he doesnt look different as a girl
i think the other characters whould have at least chosen different hair styles

Er...... I know its from game.. but that sounds like an excuses for me.

so the reason of the possibilities of genes doesnt work because he alredy look like a girl? even on the level of pregnancies?

[signature]
Feb 28, 2017 7:02 AM
Jul 2018
kodial said:
HamburgerSpike said:

Objectively.... good taste?
It's definitely not a bad anime. Just don't have any high expectations and you might end up liking it.

@Snappynator
One reason why I like Subaru better than Okabe is because Subaru is supposed to be an idiot, he was written as one.
Subaru is written to be an idiot who thinks more highly of himself than he deserves.
Okabe on the other hand, is supposed to be smart. He is written like a genius who has intimidate knowledge of hard science and helps develop the world's first time machine even. Yet, he's as hopelessly retarded as Subaru is.

I prefer Subaru much better than Okabe and generally Re:Zero better than Steins;Gate, though I don't think very highly of both of them.
The reason for it, is because I feel Subaru and Re:Zero are more honest to the viewer than Okabe and Steins;Gate.
Both are just dumb harems, at least Re:Zero seems to acknowledge it while Steins;Gate pretends to be something better.

Being a scientist or being a genius and implementing your knowledge =/= you are not psychologically ill. Both Einstein and Newton suffered from varying degrees of autism. Okabe also shows scizophrenic sympotoms but eh wtv, I am not gonna throw medical words here in cartoon website. It's almost assuming he would take perfect decisions, forgetting the fact how he is socially awkward or neglecting his personality. Being a science genius does not mean that you would be well capable of taking right decisions.

removed-userFeb 28, 2017 8:48 AM
Feb 28, 2017 7:04 AM

Jul 2013
Snappynator said:
@Kodial

I think it's part of what this show is all about. A bunch of originals doing retarded things at times, thinking time will flow like usual...

But they forgot their potential could give them trouble. Taking responsability isn't easy for a guy like Okabe. Character developement isn't always about flashbacks and explanations, simple things can be part of it.
As for the apparently bland and tasteless atmosphere of it all... I thought the same until I got past the plot change. And yes, there's nothing extraordinary in the end, it's quite a simple show, what most time travel stories lack most of the time, and why I like it.

Anyone is free to have different tastes and opinions, especially with a subjective show like this one.
Feb 28, 2017 7:09 AM

Dec 2015
I see OP is having fun only answering to those that agree with his own opinion.

OT: Great job OP, you discovered what is known as "difference in opinion" you deserve a cookie.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 28, 2017 7:10 AM
Jul 2018
steins gate is like candy for pseudo-intellectuals thats why. But other than that the voice acting is 10/10, animation is great too. i liked it but i was annoyed enough to practically be yelling at the screen by the end lol
Feb 28, 2017 7:13 AM

Sep 2015
John Titor, CERN, Large Hadron Collider, IBM5100, Black Hole, Quantum Physics, The Thermodynamics Arrow of Time, time travel, time travel paradoxes, multiverse, butterfly effect, Law of Causality, DrPepper, Jelly banana and many more.

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Feb 28, 2017 7:19 AM

Dec 2014
So you didn't enjoy it, move on and watch something else.

Also for everyone complaning about how dumb Okabe is he's just an 18 year old guy who likes science quite a bit and enjoys playing mad scientist why you would expect him to behave rationally in a situation where he just discovered:

Also Kurisu is a tsundere but show me 10 tsunderes executed as well as she is, please.
desusamaFeb 28, 2017 8:08 AM
Feb 28, 2017 7:39 AM
May 2015
desusama said:

Also for everyone complaning about how dumb Okabe is he's just an 18 year old guy who likes science quite a bit and enjoys playing mad scientist why you would expect him to behave rationally in a situation where he just discovered:

1) Time travel is real.

2) There is a secret organization bent on taking over the world with time travel and they are very powerful.

3) Said organization is after him and his friends.

4) The universe is out to kill his childhood friend over and over.

is beyond me, if I was put in his situation I'd just curl up and cry through all the timelines.

Also Kurisu is a tsundere but show me 10 tsunderes executed as well as she is, please.

If the organization was planning on taking over the world, why the hell do they hire this weird woman that stares at her phone and some shitty goons to do it instead of some proper professionals? They have the money since they can shut down all transportation, but then they resort to these random characters to do the most important part of the job?
Feb 28, 2017 7:50 AM

Dec 2014
Ynwe said:
desusama said:

1) Time travel is real.

2) There is a secret organization bent on taking over the world with time travel and they are very powerful.

3) Said organization is after him and his friends.

4) The universe is out to kill his childhood friend over and over.

is beyond me, if I was put in his situation I'd just curl up and cry through all the timelines.

If the organization was planning on taking over the world, why the hell do they hire this weird woman that stares at her phone and some shitty goons to do it instead of some proper professionals? They have the money since they can shut down all transportation, but then they resort to these random characters to do the most important part of the job?

desusamaFeb 28, 2017 8:09 AM
Feb 28, 2017 7:53 AM

Feb 2016
OP has absolute shit taste, I don't have time to explain, stopped reading at point 4. If you think S;G has generic boring plot, you don't even know what you are talking about. I agree it's not a mindless braindead action anime and if you don't take up your brain to do some work it won't look that good. It incorporates so many real concepts and urban legends/conspiracies, it's pretty unique and well done. And characters aren't really that flat for such plot structure if you actually think about what and why they do it.

Ynwe said:

See, most people don't understand the plot and ask stupid questions.

put spoilers, guys..
Feb 28, 2017 7:57 AM
May 2015
Aquamirror said:
OP has absolute shit taste, I don't have time to explain, stopped reading at point 4. If you think S;G has generic boring plot, you don't even know what you are talking about. I agree it's not a mindless braindead action anime and if you don't take up your brain to do some work it won't look that good. It incorporates so many real concepts and urban legends/conspiracies, it's pretty unique and well done. And characters aren't really that flat for such plot structure if you actually think about what and why they do it.

Ynwe said:

See, most people don't understand the plot and ask stupid questions.

Hot damn sorry for insulting your anime there. Also it REALLY doesn't take a lot to think about, it really doesn't have that much depth or complexity. As others have pointed out, you can really see how the end is coming, heck all you need to do is have seen/read harry potter 3 and you know how the damn ending will play out
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

804 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.