Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 27, 2017 9:26 AM

Aug 2013
This will possibly Fairy Tails last arc. The instruction of the Spriggan 12 showed real promise but I think most of us would agree it has been one huge disappointment to the pint where it has basically ruined the whole manga.

My question to you is, do you think Fairy Tail can be saved? or has this arc ruined Fairy Tail to the point where it can't be redeemed?

If you do think it can be saved what do you feel need to happen?

For me personally I want 3 things to happen

1) Acnologia needs to live up to his name and many should die at his hands and he should only be defeated at the hands of the Dragon Slayers. That is their reason for existing.

2) Gildarts has always been considered Fairy Tails strongest wizard including Makarov. I want more Gildarts back story i.e what happened in the fight with Acnologia and why is he the only person to face survive an attack that even some like God Serena got one hit by. Gildarts is the only plausible guy to beat August but doing so without reasoning and just getting a power-up for no reason just ruins both August and Gildarts as characters.

3) Erza needs to die. She has killed more plots than I care to count and her reasoning being is that she is Erza just make it even worse.
Feb 27, 2017 9:33 AM

Feb 2015
Fairy Tail doesn't need saving.

But what I want from the final arc:
-Seeing Gildarts go all out in a battle, maybe even getting stomped by Acnologia.
-An amazing final battle against Zeref/Acnologia/Whatever the final boss will be, with lots of cool magic being shown, friendship speeches and flashbacks, an epic finishing move to destroy the villain with.
-A happy ending.
Feb 27, 2017 10:04 AM

Jul 2013
I just need that the battles against Zeref and Acnologia would end be good. I will be totally disappointing if after all the hype they have gotten through the manga, their final fights ends up being crap.

I just plead that, I don't want another Irene, please.
Feb 27, 2017 10:54 AM
Jun 2009
Wim said:
This will possibly Fairy Tails last arc. The instruction of the Spriggan 12 showed real promise but I think most of us would agree it has been one huge disappointment to the pint where it has basically ruined the whole manga.

My question to you is, do you think Fairy Tail can be saved? or has this arc ruined Fairy Tail to the point where it can't be redeemed?

If you do think it can be saved what do you feel need to happen?

For me personally I want 3 things to happen

1) Acnologia needs to live up to his name and many should die at his hands and he should only be defeated at the hands of the Dragon Slayers. That is their reason for existing.

2) Gildarts has always been considered Fairy Tails strongest wizard including Makarov. I want more Gildarts back story i.e what happened in the fight with Acnologia and why is he the only person to face survive an attack that even some like God Serena got one hit by. Gildarts is the only plausible guy to beat August but doing so without reasoning and just getting a power-up for no reason just ruins both August and Gildarts as characters.

3) Erza needs to die. She has killed more plots than I care to count and her reasoning being is that she is Erza just make it even worse.

I don't think this arc ruined anything, it's just fairy tail...

1) To me he pretty much did that already by killing God Serena in one shot.

2) Potentially Gildarts survived because Acnologia didn't care, he's not a Dragon Slayer he seems to only go after dragons and dragons slayers. I mean, they're all quite scared of Acnologia, including the strongest of the 12 so... Even Zeref cannot win by himself, and he's supposed to be the strongest mage ever... so I don't think that Gildarts survived by pure feat of strength/skill. Also, I'm not sure that Gildarts is stronger than Makarov, well maybe an old Makarov...

3) Well that's part of what makes this Fairy Tail... It's like expecting Grey to wear clothes for more than 3 chapters in a row...

4) What does it need? A good ending, too many shonen were so-so during their run but had crappy a ending, I hope that won't be the case here.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.