Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 27, 2017 2:02 AM

Mar 2010
Hey guys! Share here Japanese music that you are currently listening to! I've been running out on what to listen to lately.So, it'd be great if I can see what you guys are listening to!

I will start first! I am currently listening to Radwimps - Iin desu ka? (いいんですか)

FYI, I do enjoy such a music! Recommend yours!
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 27, 2017 4:55 AM

Aug 2012
Radwimp ah? So basically something like pop rock/indie rock like that lah?

As for me, if you're talking about new stuff then not really leh. I usually listen to whatever I have for now, maybe later I discover new artist or get new song then I can listen to something new lah but for now, nothing new liao.

If anything, I've been trying to collect all of Mami Kawada/Maon Kurosaki/Ray/Kotoko music. Surprisingly damn cheap, like seriously DAMN cheap. All the CD also cost 1 Yen only, so what do buy everything lah hahahah XD

Not including shipping ah, that one a bit more expensive lol, but still can collect a lot. I'm almost done collecting all the Kotoko CDs. But right now, I'm trying to get all of Mami Kawada's first, cuz she retired edi liao. If don't get now ah, then everyone from Japan habis all her CD first then how? Gerenti 10x price hike weih
Feb 27, 2017 7:11 AM
Jan 2016
I recently got to know RADWIMPS from the movie Your Name. Definitely one of my favourite bands now. So, thanks for introducing another one of their great songs :)

As to the question of what I'm listening to now, that would probably be Nujabes - Shiki no Uta. It's the ending theme for Samurai Champloo. Just finished the series recently and I just can't seem to get it out of my system yet haha.

Feb 27, 2017 9:01 AM

Jul 2009
I've been listening to Luck Life (ラックライフ) songs... And this particular song was stuck in my head at the moment. I think their style is quite similar to Radwimps.

-Kaze ga Fuku Machi by Luck Life
DscryFeb 27, 2017 5:52 PM
Feb 27, 2017 4:53 PM

Mar 2010
@NishizawaMihashi yes! Pop/Indie is pretty much my genre! Except that I've not come across a folk genre music yet from Japan. Would love to listen to one! Actually, Iin desu ka was a song by Radwimps 6 - 7 years ago. But, they decided to do a new MV. I stumbled upon the song when a bunch of my friends sang it at Redbox. And if you are into slightly old school stuff have you listened to Nakashima Mika's Yuki no Hana 雪の華?

Dude, you've got to give me the link to that website! 1 yen is too damn cheap weh~ I don't remember Japan being that cheap. Trying to collect Suneohair's cd.

@Berrethor I actually skipped Samurai Champloo's OP and ED cause I wasn't really into it. Hahaha but yeah the Anime itself is perhaps one of the best things ever! I think I've watched it 3 ~ 4 times but, dang bro... the baseball episode was gold! It is one of my most favourite Anime episodes to date!

@Dscry Dude! I ran into an error with the video and decided to check them out on YouTube, and they're pretty good!! I think I've listened to them sometime before. If I am not mistaken, their songs were also played quite a lot when I was in Japan! Another similar one I think you might want to check out is My Hair is Bad - 告白
shootdatpancakeFeb 27, 2017 7:37 PM
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Feb 27, 2017 6:09 PM

Jul 2009
@shootdatpancake Oops... >< Fixed the video on my post. I know them from Bungou Stray Dogs ED and they got famous because of that too. I'm sure you would recognise their songs if you watch the anime. When I first found them, I was like "How did I not know them before?" >< I checked My Hair is bad and that song you link is great. Thanks~

Nakashima Mika's Yuki no Hana 雪の華 was so familiar. Ahh... 1 of ReLIFE ED. ^^ Been a while since I saw Nakashima Mika doing OP/ED for anime.

@Berrethor Nujabes - Shiki no Uta is quite a classic. ^^ Samurai Champloo~~~
Feb 28, 2017 7:29 PM

Aug 2012
@shootdatpancake Haven't come across folk genre from Japan ah? Like what, traditional Japanese folk or like the western-influenced one? Cuz believe or not Japanese people got make country music also you know haha :D That's why must be specific what you looking for lol

That Radwimps song so old wan ah? Never would have guessed cuz the music video look so new hahah XD Nakashima Mika? No, haven't heard of her. I mostly know rock bands but I've been searching around for all kinds of artists.

As for the website, it's actually Amazon Japan lol. But of course when I say 1 Yen, it means second hand CD lah (Remember shipping not included ah! But shipping also usually 9-12 RM oni). The best (and probably only) way to buy those CDs is to set up a Tenso Com account. Come, I give you link: http://www.tenso.com/en/ BTW ah, the Accel World anime OSTs, ALL 1 Yen so you better get fast. The OSTs are actually pretty nice, even on Amazon website also good reviews.

Anyway, Tenso Com is basically a website where you buy stuff from Japanese store then have them send your stuff to the Tenso Com Japanese address based in Japan. You can send how many you want, then when you ready you pack up all your stuff into one nice parcel and have them send to you. No membership fee or registration fee.

Also, this a very small thing most people don't take advantage and that is... When you are in Japan ah, make sure to sign up for Tsutaya membership card. You need your passport (and maybe your IC) for that, they register for you and basically you can use that member card to rent CD. DAMN cheap if you combine everything. You can basically rent up to 20-40 CDs for around 150-200 RM. Last time I went was when they deflated their currency, so conversion rate is 1000 Yen = 30 RM so DAMN cheap that time.

@Berrethor Shiki no Uta? Nice, classic song. I really like the vocals on that one, got that very traditional sound. I actually managed to copy the OST from the CD I rented in Japan. Damn worth the 150 Yen I pay to rent the OST lol. I also managed to get the green colored album also, forgot the name need to check back my iTunes lol

@Dscry What, Nakashima Miki's song was in ReLIFE ah? Damn, didn't notice. I only noticed the T.M Revolution songs lol
NishizawaMihashiFeb 28, 2017 7:34 PM
Feb 28, 2017 8:15 PM

Mar 2010
@NishizawaMihashi What?? There is such a service?! I didn't know man. When I was in Japan, I only had a membership with Electronic Stores but never the entertainment stores cause none of them were selling their stuff for cheap. I also went when our currency dipped and man it was expensive! Thanks for letting me know. I will surely have a look at the links you gave me!

Yes, something like Western Folk influenced music! Do you know of one? Most Japanese music I know of is pretty modern and the country ones are so old that it sound very Enka-ish. The closest I've ever heard of a country style music from Japanese artists are from the likes of Spitz - Yoru wo Kakeru or Tsuki ni Kaeru which cannot be found on YouTube. But, these are still far from actual country songs, no?

The song that @Descry and I mentioned of is Yuki no Hana (雪の華) by Nakashima Mika! It's a really popular song! I think ReLIFE had some of the songs used to be very popular in Japan as part of their endings.

@Descry Thanks for fixing the video! My Hair is Bad is an awesome band I think. Check out me me she by Radwimps too! I think you will like it!
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Mar 2, 2017 6:12 AM

Jan 2011
Hemmm, looking at the past 30 days on my last.fm log.
Claris Again top song whole month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtfHahKVX_U
Latest hit is
Ishukan Communication from Kobayashi-san chi no maid dragon ending.
I like this because the song very catchy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mac7NjJlBp0
Mar 2, 2017 6:55 PM

Mar 2010
@Flybyhacker The second one! Hahaha has a very cutesy feeling to it. Really fits the Anime I think.
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Mar 17, 2017 12:52 PM

Sep 2012
Hmm... I can't really recommend anything because I listen to random songs everyday, and most of times, I only replay anime episode to listen to the OP and ED. Maybe you can try this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE8HtTjAcyw

If that one did not suit your taste then have a look at my last.fm list, good luck! xD
https://www.last.fm/user/nurhidayat96
Note: the last.fm only list out MP3 songs, because my phone/laptop only scrobbles audio, so it don't list out songs that I watch in video.

- Website - Facebook -
I'm not completely gone, I'm just more active in game & open-source software forums instead of anime/comic forums. You could check out my inter-forum detailed signature for more up-to-date info about me.
Mar 25, 2017 11:13 AM
Oct 2012
Aimer - 茜さす(akane sasu)
Apr 3, 2017 8:18 PM

Jun 2009
Currently listening to this:
An OST from Radiant Historia DS Game:
Apr 3, 2017 10:10 PM

Mar 2010
@Peculator You know that a remake version is coming to 3DS??

Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Apr 4, 2017 5:56 PM

Jun 2009
shootdatpancake said:
@Peculator You know that a remake version is coming to 3DS??

Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology

Yup, saw the news on Kotaku last week.
Apr 5, 2017 1:03 AM

Mar 2010
@Peculator You gonna get that?
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Apr 5, 2017 5:35 AM

Jun 2016
Currently checking out capsule's music after finishing Liar Game lol. I've been listening to capsule before Liar Game but I've discovered more after that lol.
My recommendations for their songs:
Yasutaka Nakata from capsule-Liar Game
capsule-Sugarless Girl (highly recommended, best song even for non fans imo)
capsule-Flashback
capsule-Jumper
capsule-Starry Sky
capsule-Hero
capsule-Stay with you
capsule-Step on the dance floor
capsule-Jelly
capsule-e.d.i.t
capsule-Love & Lies
capsule-Control
I like rock songs the most but I don't limit myself to just those lol. capsule is techo/electro ish? I'm bad at differentiating genres==. Just check it out if you want XD. Belum cuba belum tahu lol.
Apr 5, 2017 6:37 AM

Mar 2010
@KuroJack!Thanks! Looks interesting! Gonna check them out. Are you a fan of Greeeen as well?
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Apr 5, 2017 9:07 AM

Jun 2016
Not a fan of Greeeen. Know them but not a fan lol. Yup sure.
Apr 5, 2017 6:35 PM

Jun 2009

Yes, I would if I can afford ;p
Apr 5, 2017 10:26 PM

Mar 2010
@Peculator well the price of video games have shot up... sight... Well the reason why I am doing part time jobs! Haha
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Apr 6, 2017 6:43 AM

Jun 2009
shootdatpancake said:
@Peculator well the price of video games have shot up... sight... Well the reason why I am doing part time jobs! Haha

I see, however let's not derail this thread shall we. 😅😅
Apr 16, 2017 4:49 AM

Mar 2010
Thought I'd share this! One of my most favourite songs!

Kourin - Aishiteru

Give it a try! For all Natsume Yuujinchou friends, I am sure you guys have heard of the song before~
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Apr 16, 2017 4:56 AM

Oct 2012
Been listening to idol music haha
Specifically, iDOLM@STER Million Live songs.

dear. . . - Konomi Baba(Takahashi Minami)

@shootdatpancake Natsume Yuujinchou wasn't really my cup of tea but that song is pretty great. So soft.

Since I was young, I had believed that
A princess in picture book is a strong person
Things to be protected, and things I want to protect
Will never be fulfilled, no matter how long, if I just kept dreaming

Go ahead.jpg
Apr 16, 2017 5:14 AM

Mar 2010
@Arasy Hahaha You should check out the lyrics! The feels man~ :D

And the song you recommended, it is quite catchy! Have you checked out any
live idol concert before?
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Apr 17, 2017 5:51 AM

Aug 2012
Lately really haven't sat down and listened to much... I just listen to some game OSTs and that's it because it's like... sitting down in front of the PC and then dedicatedly listen to songs and do nothing else can be quite boring unless you close your eyes and sleep lol.

But if I really must mention one anime/Japanese song that I listen to a lot lately (from my recent pick ups) is this one:

The song is from I think a 2010 eroge (I actually got it as a present) called Dracu-Riot! It's an old song but it has that really nice jazz rock feel and if someone sing on stage in a duet, gerenti kow punya owh! Maybe I should introduce my friend to this song, I can easily imagine him singing this with his GF~

I got the album that has this song by Yui Sakakibara, so far the album is okay wan lah, nothing too special lah. Her voice damn nice but the song all is like very standard animu song like that so it's like when comparing that to this song, Scarlet, ah is like damn big difference weih...
Apr 24, 2017 2:15 AM
Dec 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcE4-6QGgpc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATcKBMYYSJs

Not exactly Japanese music since the lyrics are in English but almost everything from Persona 5 is great!
Apr 24, 2017 6:26 AM

Mar 2010
@Definitelyjohan Dude! Persona 5 has some really great music! I totally dig it! Out of topic, are you done playing it?
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Apr 24, 2017 9:03 AM
Dec 2016
@shootdatpancake YESSS On my 3rd playthrough now! it's pretty much what i've been doing with my life since it's release ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o)
Apr 24, 2017 8:08 PM

Mar 2010
@Definitelyjohan Horiiii Shiteees! Really? Hahahaha I played once. Currently playing Digimon. Then, I was thinking to start my second playthrough! But, you're on your third, dude that's insane! Hahahah isn't the game still fresh on your mind? Hahahaha

And thought I'd recommend this one next!
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Apr 25, 2017 11:26 AM
Dec 2016
Ahahah i was going to stop after new game plus but i wanted to get the platinum trophy for it, turns out the only achievement i missed out in both playthroughs was the "read all books".
Thanks for the recommendation tho, it was pretty chill.
i got a few in return since you've played Persona 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae6gQmhaMn4&list=LLAUFAC27owAkVUViWG8gQww&index=17

and this is from Nier:Automata
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu87oGsjkic
another great game btw, should definitely spend some time with it if you get the chance!
Apr 25, 2017 6:29 PM

Mar 2010
@Definitelyjohan Thanks mate! I actually got the Persona 5 limited edition that comes with the bag soundtracks and even freakin' Morgana plushy! (I ought to open a new thread to discuss about games...) So, I actually have all of the new Persona 5 OST. What I don't have is a radio with a cd player to chill and listen to... Hahaha So, listening from the ones from Youtube helps for the moment!

And I am waiting for the R3 restock for Nier especially the Japanese/Eng version. Dude, the OST for Nier is badass!
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Apr 29, 2017 9:30 AM

Jul 2009
I listen to a lot kind of music genre haha. Don't know which song should I begin with. Probably this one?

AngelHanaApr 29, 2017 9:37 AM

signature set credited to Bunnyama

「No human has ever been whole. 」
Apr 29, 2017 9:37 AM

Oct 2009
Spoiler alert: Tamako Market

Apr 29, 2017 6:59 PM

Mar 2010
@AngelHana That song is dope! Lol

@Coranie Is that the OST for Tamako Market? I haven't watch it though.

And my suggestion!

Check out my channel!
Erzat
Apr 29, 2017 10:58 PM

Oct 2009
@shootdatpancake , I think it is the OST for Tamako Love Story. (I only watched Tamako Market, haven't watch the Love Story :x)

Found the no-spoiler version for that song. :x

Apr 30, 2017 7:01 PM

Jul 2009
@Coranie no its not the OST for the Tamako Market. It's actually a vocaloid song and the one in the Tamako Market's video and the dance's video is a cover from an utaite called Kano. The song really suits her tho.

@shootdatpancake owo love that My Hair is Bad. Will take a look into the band more after this <3 thanks for the recommendation.

Another recommendation song from me:

I know a lot of you have heard songs from her before :3

Apr 30, 2017 11:34 PM

Oct 2009
ooh okay :P
@AngelHana Seee?! you are definitely Senpai ;--;

May 1, 2017 4:14 AM

Jul 2009
@Coranie lol I just happened to know about it, that's all xD (Plus, I have seen Tamako Love Story. I would love to recommend it)
AAAAA I really love that ending <3

Might as well recommend J-Metal song.

May 1, 2017 4:26 AM

Oct 2009
@AngelHana have been planning to watch it long time ago. but I forgot about it >_< will watch it soon hahah

May 2, 2017 8:53 AM

Aug 2008

Wow, I totally didn't expect anyone to be posting this here! It is certainly one of my fav MV which I looped seemingly endlessly back to many years ago... I was really into them during my secondary school days until my taste changed as I grow older. ;v;

I shall leave another piece of my fav MV here before I leave, I suppose...? Although I think I love all OOR's MV which gives off the same vibes generally

ShinoMay 2, 2017 8:58 AM

Forum set is a gift from Bunnyama
May 2, 2017 9:44 PM

Oct 2009
Shino said:

Wow, I totally didn't expect anyone to be posting this here! It is certainly one of my fav MV which I looped seemingly endlessly back to many years ago... I was really into them during my secondary school days until my taste changed as I grow older. ;v;
I think we are about the same age (maybe). Used to loop this like crazy back in high school :> Until I go to hostel with limited internet access, I stopped listening to music :< I stop doing follow up on famous musics after that though (got lazy >_<)

May 2, 2017 10:09 PM

Aug 2008
Coranie said:
I think we are about the same age (maybe). Used to loop this like crazy back in high school :> Until I go to hostel with limited internet access, I stopped listening to music :< I stop doing follow up on famous musics after that though (got lazy >_<)

To be honest, I hardly encounter anyone who is actually on the same age or even older than I do on social media nowadays. But if you are someone who has been following GazettE for so long, then perhaps your guess is correct? Oh god I surely feel old now

I stopped following artists as often as I do as well, other than OOR/UVERworld/Shotan /Aimer that is.

May 2, 2017 10:22 PM

Oct 2009
Shino said:

To be honest, I hardly encounter anyone who is actually on the same age or even older than I do on social media nowadays. But if you are someone who has been following GazettE for so long, then perhaps your guess is correct? Oh god I surely feel old now

lul. I don't think you are that old tho. Probably you are just sensitive XD~ There is a MAL club for 20+ years old users with 2800 members and there is even a club for 30+ years old users with 300-ish members :x.
There's probably older users around you but you just don't know they are old xD~
But if you say like that made me think maybe you are older than me? hahha. I didn't follow Gazette for too long. But I remember I was crazy about The Invisible Wall the moment it released when I was still in high school.

May 3, 2017 7:07 PM

Aug 2008
@Coranie

That's what most of the people who know me on MAL or even IRL says too, probably because I don't act or even look like I am someone who is at my age? I do encounter users which are slightly older than I am, however it's just a very small percentage. Unless you are someone who born before the 90's, or else I am still older than you are Mostly of my friends are born after 90's though, so I couldn't help but to feel old at times.

The Invisible Wall? I listened to GazettE alot back when during their 'Cassis' days so it is pretty certain that I am older than you at this point. /o\

May 3, 2017 8:19 PM

Jun 2016
wow The Gazette huh, hardcore as heck you guys ahahahah
May 4, 2017 12:49 AM

Oct 2009
Shino said:

hmm yep :P I'm around but after 90s. Still, the gap isn't too big for me to call you old xD~

KuroJack21 said:
wow The Gazette huh, hardcore as heck you guys ahahahah

kukuku~ Come share with us some of your favorites :>

May 4, 2017 5:47 AM

Jun 2016
Ok! Here are some of my favourites.
Top favs (no specific order):
One Ok Rock (especially)
Yanagi Nagi (especially)
Ellegarden (legendary)
coldrain (especially)
capsule
Asian Kung-fu Generation (especially)
Ling Tosite Sigure
ClariS
Spyair
Flow
Garnidelia
Joe Inoue
Fear and loathing in Las Vegas
Maroon 5 ( their older songs lol)

Not exactly my fav but on my playlist and worth mentioning
Man with a Mission
Eir Aoi
Bump of Chicken
Daichi Miura
m.o.v.e
Sawano Hiroyuki
Nano
Nujabes
Skankfunk
Perfume
miyavi
Maaya Sakamoto

Recently found or hooked:
Suneohair
All Out
Emilia's voice actor lol
Saori Hayami (yukinoshita in oregairu)
Burnout Syndrome
Howl be quiet
Super Beaver
Tekken 6 Ost-Electric Fountain

Well, there are more in my playlist...I have almost 400 songs (mostly weeb stuff ahaahahahXD) in my PSP (yeah I'm the weird one who uses it to listen to songs instead of playing games with it). But that is the gist of it. J-Rock is my fav genre but as you can see I'm not limited to that and some of my fav songs aren't even rock songs. Long list because I like them all ahah. I listen to them while doing work or to prevent me from being carsick, or when the situation is too noisy or irritating to me. Weird thing is I won't usually listen to songs just for the sake of listening. Maybe I need to find inspiration for my writings or I just need to solve that Maths question ahahah. Or maybe there are lyrics that I can relate to and I listen to it as if my friend is talking to me (depressing and lonely as heck ahahha). So that's it for now lol.

May 4, 2017 5:54 AM

Jun 2016
Ah such a long post...also do you guys pay attention to the lyrics? I prioritize the lyrics and the beat second. If the beat is good but the lyrics are not to my liking I won't like it. If it's vice versa I might give it a chance lol. I like lyrics that can stimulate my brain when I'm alone and reflecting my actions and feelings lol. Yeah I take things seriously ahahha. I just don't dance like I forget the world when I listen to a song or sing loudlly or sth. I just indulge in the songs and let them advice me or motivates me. That's why I don't get bored of songs just because they're from 2001 or sth. Because I find a meaning in them and I store my personal thoughts in them. Just wondering if there is anybody like me. I tend to overthink and stuff so sorry if I'm being weird ahaha.
May 9, 2017 1:46 AM

Jul 2009
@Shino @Coranie damn you guys. Now I wanted to loop all the Gazette songs today xD Also that Aoi Shouta <3 And OOR need <3 too haha.

Any nano's fan here?

KuroJack21 said:
Ah such a long post...also do you guys pay attention to the lyrics? I prioritize the lyrics and the beat second. If the beat is good but the lyrics are not to my liking I won't like it. If it's vice versa I might give it a chance lol. I like lyrics that can stimulate my brain when I'm alone and reflecting my actions and feelings lol. Yeah I take things seriously ahahha. I just don't dance like I forget the world when I listen to a song or sing loudlly or sth. I just indulge in the songs and let them advice me or motivates me. That's why I don't get bored of songs just because they're from 2001 or sth. Because I find a meaning in them and I store my personal thoughts in them. Just wondering if there is anybody like me. I tend to overthink and stuff so sorry if I'm being weird ahaha.

Owh I do pay attention to the lyrics :3 That's why coldrain, nano are in my fav. people list.
Also need to mention Daoko. Most of her songs really have deep meaning like "bUd". I also like to listen to vocaloid songs but with utaite cover them haha. I forgot about OWARI NO SEKAI. YESUUU FUKASE IS BAE <3
Other singers/band than japanese songs, I also like to listen to linkin park, Yuna, I PREVAIL, Owl City and more.
AngelHanaMay 9, 2017 1:54 AM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» How old are you? ( 1 2 )

iiHoly - Jul 11, 2017

50 by LEGWIZ »»
Mar 2, 6:13 AM

» I Need Gacha Gamers for My Thesis Survey. HELP ME GAMERS HAHAH

KuroJack21 - May 17, 2022

1 by LoliXSlayer »»
Jun 7, 2022 4:56 AM

» New Anime in TV!!! ( 1 2 )

kira_yamato90 - Nov 4, 2008

58 by Sonata_m »»
Aug 6, 2021 11:36 AM

» guacamole

fpgiwnl - Feb 27, 2021

1 by esofdiamon »»
Apr 29, 2021 7:34 AM

» We need help to translate Under 18 Elite and Kijiya to English so we can bring them to the WORLD.

mekukun - Apr 4, 2021

0 by mekukun »»
Apr 4, 2021 10:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.