Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 44 Discussion

Feb 15, 2010 11:25 PM

_Vincent_ said:
I don't get it. Did Ling just take his body back? Or was that the old Greed...

Not yet, Ling just provoking Greed to remember his old memory & trigger the battle between Greed&Wrath.

This episode is fantastic.Al&Hohemheim is reunited for a long time.Too bad they didn't include "vintage armor joke" :< Winry fansevice is <333
Ed so badass this episode,I love his face reaction when Heinkel&Darius kidnapped him.
Poor Bido,getting killed by his former comrade.
Next episode looks awesome,Greed(+Ling) Vs Wrath round 2!!

Feb 15, 2010 11:35 PM

This was a badly directed episode. Things just didn't flow well at all from scene to scene. It felt like this had to cover a lot of important points, and there was no real connecting thread on either an emotional or visual level. Hohenheim's episode should have been presented inside the conversation with Al so that the episode itself wouldn't have stuck out, and maybe they could have spent more time with Ed's nearly pointless scenes and Greed-ling, who probably just should have been the main focus all together. But what's worse, is that Ling's lines came off so crappy and shounen that I just wanted him to die then and there, despite remembering that I liked him the most for a little while.
Modified by noteDhero, Feb 15, 2010 11:38 PM

Feb 15, 2010 11:55 PM

greed vs wrath next week, so exciting!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures

Feb 16, 2010 12:29 AM
noteDhero said:
This was a badly directed episode. Things just didn't flow well at all from scene to scene. It felt like this had to cover a lot of important points, and there was no real connecting thread on either an emotional or visual level. Hohenheim's episode should have been presented inside the conversation with Al so that the episode itself wouldn't have stuck out, and maybe they could have spent more time with Ed's nearly pointless scenes and Greed-ling, who probably just should have been the main focus all together. But what's worse, is that Ling's lines came off so crappy and shounen that I just wanted him to die then and there, despite remembering that I liked him the most for a little while.

There always has to be that one person who finds something wrong about the entire thing.

Feb 16, 2010 12:31 AM

Ed has a weird taste on designs O.O

And I sometimes like Ed's hair not in braids....^^"

cant wait for next ep
Modified by simonfan, Feb 16, 2010 12:34 AM

Feb 16, 2010 1:45 AM

Cenedess said:
Lilah said:

What's all this about vintage suits of armor? :)

-sniff- this: http://media.onemanga.com/mangas/00000010/00000081/01.jpg

so whats so good about it?

Feb 16, 2010 1:47 AM

HB_I_eternity_I said:

There always has to be that one person who finds something wrong about the entire thing.

he just likes to bash the show ^_^

Feb 16, 2010 2:44 AM

smokes said:
Cenedess said:
Lilah said:

I thought it was hilarious, but I won't cry like everyone else because it's not in the anime.

Feb 16, 2010 4:36 AM

smokes said:
HB_I_eternity_I said:

he just likes to bash the show ^_^
So what is your point? Because you don't like someone bashing your fav show?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."

Feb 16, 2010 5:07 AM

stAtic91 said:
smokes said:
Cenedess said:
Lilah said:

I thought it was hilarious, but I won't cry like everyone else because it's not in the anime.

It's a really funny line, but as story value it's not so much. Still a pity though. :|

Feb 16, 2010 9:07 AM

I'm glad that when I give a show a 7, say it had a couple of the best single episodes of the past year, and call the last episode great, that all people can remember is that I love bashing said show.

Feb 16, 2010 9:29 AM

LOL maybe they overlooked it.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."

Feb 16, 2010 9:30 AM

all and all i pretty much liked this episode :P i cracked up a few times here and there and i thought the body art of the car to hide them was quite good :) LOL ugh but was upset that their wasn't that much of Ed in here but a well what can ya do can't wait for the next episode:p
“We are all like fireworks. We climb, shine, and always go our separate ways and become further apart. But even if that time comes, let’s not disappear like a firework, and continue to shine forever.”

Feb 16, 2010 10:35 AM
greed/ling part was pure win...
looking forward to greed and wrath's fight.

Feb 16, 2010 12:21 PM

Ed pulled some creepy shit in here..but damn he looked hot with his hair down <3

Feb 16, 2010 1:21 PM
suigetsu00 said:
love the way they started greed vs wrath :)

i missed "my vintage armor!" and "please don't pull things out of your crotch" lol

ling vs greed was done awesomely :D lol

for real i wanted MY VINTAGE ARMOR and dont pull out of crotch and well next episode will be better

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris

Feb 16, 2010 1:41 PM
(Gamer)

Part where Xing and Greed argue is the best part.

Feb 16, 2010 4:20 PM

noteDhero said:

Oi people, give the guy a break. He does bring up some good points. Bad direction is one of them. Lots of things were happening in the episode that should have had more emphasis rather than just throwing them all together into a blob of an episode. Unfortunately, that's one of the drawbacks with putting a manga into animation; chapters are shorter than episodes so sometimes you gotta just fit in what you can or risk adding on to somethings and having people complain. Though even in the manga it's still sorta like that.

As for Ling, as much as I hate to admit it, his lines are rather typical shounen lol. Still, I've always loved that scene where Greed kills Bido so heartlessly. One scene it looks like Greed's actually listening, then the next second Bido's pierced through by the person he'd considered his friend. The manga did a better job with it (though it had the advantage of being one page where it looks all fine and dandy, then flip it and Bido's lying dead), but I'm pleased with how it was handled in the anime. Don't really care much about anything else in the episode. Always thought that part of the manga aside from Greedling's part was boring.

Feb 16, 2010 5:56 PM

I thought it was a really cool episode. So many awesome scenes! :D
And lol at Ed'd face during the kidnapping/car chase. God he has bad taste is cars lol. ._.

Oh, and someone mentioned Ed is meant to be taller than Winry now? I sooo want to see this.

Feb 16, 2010 6:18 PM

deadfoxblue said:

Oh, and someone mentioned Ed is meant to be taller than Winry now? I sooo want to see this.

There ya go. Last panel.
Modified by Possk, Feb 16, 2010 9:00 PM

Feb 17, 2010 12:00 AM

Possk said:
noteDhero said:

Oi people, give the guy a break. He does bring up some good points. Bad direction is one of them. Lots of things were happening in the episode that should have had more emphasis rather than just throwing them all together into a blob of an episode. Unfortunately, that's one of the drawbacks with putting a manga into animation; chapters are shorter than episodes so sometimes you gotta just fit in what you can or risk adding on to somethings and having people complain. Though even in the manga it's still sorta like that.

As for Ling, as much as I hate to admit it, his lines are rather typical shounen lol. Still, I've always loved that scene where Greed kills Bido so heartlessly. One scene it looks like Greed's actually listening, then the next second Bido's pierced through by the person he'd considered his friend. The manga did a better job with it (though it had the advantage of being one page where it looks all fine and dandy, then flip it and Bido's lying dead), but I'm pleased with how it was handled in the anime. Don't really care much about anything else in the episode. Always thought that part of the manga aside from Greedling's part was boring.

we are watchin shounen arent we.......so wat if the lines appear shounen....

Feb 17, 2010 12:29 AM

Shounen in a cliched way. I thought putting 'crappy' before it was clear enough. My apologies.
Modified by noteDhero, Feb 17, 2010 12:33 AM

Feb 17, 2010 12:39 AM

Possk said:
deadfoxblue said:

There ya go. Last panel.

Sadly it seems that anime will ruin that scene as ed is still not as tall as he was in the manga -_-

Feb 17, 2010 2:25 AM

whatever guys ...i loved the episode...everyone is entitled to his/her opinion......and i have to admit...that i look forward to notedhero's posts every week.....he actually does have a point in wat he says.....lets compare his ratiings with mine.....

wen he says an epi is bad....i say its oki
wen he says its good...i say its excellent
wen he says its excellent...i say its one of the best episodes ive ever seen

so not much difference guys...and he is not bashing the show.....he is just making his views clear....

Feb 17, 2010 4:10 AM

So does this mean with the end of the episode that Geed lost his body again?? Nice episode, it was weird that Ed's hair was untied, then all of a sudden it was tied somehow during all that commotion. Be that as it may, it was a good episode.

Feb 17, 2010 6:12 AM

Sami092 said:
So does this mean with the end of the episode that Geed lost his body again?? Nice episode, it was weird that Ed's hair was untied, then all of a sudden it was tied somehow during all that commotion. Be that as it may, it was a good episode.

Greed can't lose his body, I think Ling probably has to live with/live in Greed all his life now. :( But carbon fibre hands are just so cool. =)

Feb 17, 2010 6:18 AM

Yes yes cardinal . . . Those hands are so so awesome .

Feb 17, 2010 7:34 AM

Sami092 said:
So does this mean with the end of the episode that Geed lost his body again??

lmao why everybody keeps asking this question ?
he didnt lost his body, he just realised that was 'used' and had all the memories erased. etc etc..
the only think i didn understand is why he went after the general...

Feb 17, 2010 1:08 PM

Well . . To answer your question . . I'd ask you to recall the encounter between king bradley and greed 1 . . . Bradley ruthlessly murdered greed's friends .(those 3 chimeras . . . Roa , dolchett and martel) . So thats why he went on a rampage against bradley . . This is the case if bradley is attacked by the greed persona. . .
if its the lin persona , then we shouldn't go any further than the events that took place in episodes 22 , 23 and 24 . . .
I seriously hope i'm not wrong here

Feb 17, 2010 3:39 PM
suigetsu00 said:

i missed "my vintage armor!" and "please don't pull things out of your crotch" lol

this :(

and GREEDLING!! *fangirl scream* I really missed him, withdrawal was killing me xD Finally it's time for my favourite character to start to shine and show his awesomeness (or just to continue to show if you consider him and Ling as the same character ;D )!

the rest of the episode in some points maybe didn't flow too well, but it was ok
Hohenheim becomes more and more enjoyable as time passes
lol at Ed's aesthetic sense
and it's funny how they'd rather continue to increase Winry's breast size than Ed's height XD

Feb 17, 2010 10:03 PM

Fai said:
Possk said:
deadfoxblue said:

There ya go. Last panel.

Sadly it seems that anime will ruin that scene as ed is still not as tall as he was in the manga -_-

I hope he is. But you're right, he still looked like a shorty in this episode. But then again, the two guys with him were giants, lol.

Feb 18, 2010 5:08 AM

i so love to see Wraith fight

cant wait for the next episode

also <3 for brining back Ryn

(and am im the only one rly loving Winry here?)

Feb 18, 2010 9:04 AM
i absolutely love the music that played during the preview
Does anyone know when the 2nd ost for the show will come out

Feb 18, 2010 5:32 PM

Haha great episode. Something about Ed's face when he was being carried off as a "hostage" made me chuckle. XD I like his car design. Totally in good taste... :'x The animation seemed pretty in this episode for some reason...

Oh and of course, the Greed vs. Ling part was extreeeemely well done. Next episode with the battle between Wrath and Greed looks freaking awesome.

Feb 18, 2010 6:47 PM

Comments being done while I watch it:

- HohoxAl meeting was pretty nice, it was tense and belieavable...

- Some really, really nice Winry fanservice. I don't really know why, but I do prefer the manga/Brotherhood Winry... The 1st anime Winry is so annoying for some reason...

- OH YEAHH *___* I was already missing my animated hottie Ed <333 absolutely LOVED the scene he finally reappears, it's epic, cool and sexy *o* and funny <3 I screamed like a little girl, horray for lose hair and white coat *¬* Paku Romi makes Ed looks even more hot x3

- Nice intromission pictures. Screamed like a little girl AGAIN.

- Laughted my ass off with the escaping scene!!! XDD

- ED WITH PONYTAIL OH GOD *nosebleeds*

- Ed's cool car = win.

- I just love Hohenheim. His thoughts and feeling are so real, I love the psychologic stuff in FMA. I wish my mum would read/watch this series someday. She'd love it [she's a psychologist x3]

- I don't remember in which episode discussion, but a while ago people were discussing about wheter Ed and Al were human or not... Well, finally, you got the answer :3 I have to admit that even I didn't remember if they were, so I loved that explanation part.

- GreedlingxBido meeting was epic. "Friends are bound by their souls". Awesome line. I just love Ling <3 <3 <3

I caught myself clapping at the end of the episode. AWESOME <3 FMA is just getting better and better. And it's not only because the manga is awesome, they're doing a really good job in the anime, the animation, voices, sounds, songs, everything is great. FMA:B is definetly a must watch.

F'ing GOD I SOOOO WANT the GreedlingxBradley fight *Q* It's going to be EPIC.

Feb 18, 2010 9:46 PM

the new ost comes out during....midweek of march........

Feb 19, 2010 11:42 AM

looks like things will get really interesting in the next episode!

Feb 19, 2010 1:57 PM

Great Episode, loved the epic moment at the end with Ling and Greed =)

Feb 19, 2010 6:52 PM

Chibi, the killer word.

The anime better conclude the damn story!

Feb 19, 2010 8:23 PM

After reading the different comments I see that alot of people are watching FMA Brotherhood with different subs then others so the translations of some names differ. I'm pretty sure after watching Funimation and some fan subs the name is either Lin or Ling though i'm guessing on my first choice. Since Ed in japanese definitely shouts Lin several times from episodes 21 to 29.

Feb 19, 2010 8:58 PM

Jouten said:
After reading the different comments I see that alot of people are watching FMA Brotherhood with different subs then others so the translations of some names differ. I'm pretty sure after watching Funimation and some fan subs the name is either Lin or Ling though i'm guessing on my first choice. Since Ed in japanese definitely shouts Lin several times from episodes 21 to 29.

the manga calls him ling lol

Feb 19, 2010 9:05 PM

suigetsu00 said:
Jouten said:

the manga calls him ling lol

Yeah but there are different translations of the manga

Feb 19, 2010 10:06 PM

Winry is a goddess, that tub scene was amazing. The chase scene was nicely done. i didn't appreciate cutting out the crotch comment but I guess they want Hohemheim to have a darker more serious feel here. Wrath and Lin... To be continued. Nice! :D

Feb 19, 2010 11:03 PM

MeLcHoR said:
Winry is a goddess, that tub scene was amazing. The chase scene was nicely done. i didn't appreciate cutting out the crotch comment but I guess they want Hohemheim to have a darker more serious feel here. Wrath and Lin... To be continued. Nice! :D

Since I didn't have a comment on the episode I will just say I agree

Feb 20, 2010 4:51 AM

Finally, some Ed awesomeness! Good to see Greed/Ling again too. I feel terribly sorry for that lizard dude.

Feb 20, 2010 4:53 AM

Feels like Ed appear too quickly...doesn't bring out the feel that Ed was hurt badly...

Feb 20, 2010 9:56 PM

Ed has some pretty capable bodyguards with him. It was funny how he did most of the work though, taking out those soldiers. But most of this episode was overshadowed by Greed. I'm so glad the focus is finally coming back to him/them.

Feb 20, 2010 10:21 PM

BlueRazz said:
Feels like Ed appear too quickly...doesn't bring out the feel that Ed was hurt badly...

i thought it was just the right amount of waiting lol...he was only gone for 4 or 5 chapters in the manga lol which amounts to about 3 episodes

Feb 21, 2010 12:21 AM
yes..the series is getting more and more exciting..can't wait for the faceoff between greed and wrath..

Feb 21, 2010 12:23 AM
tachyonserj said:
The Rin vs. Greed scene really showed how strong a character Rin is.

i certainly agree..

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »