Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 31, 2015 4:17 PM

Apr 2014
Ed was beautiful this episode :')
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2015 1:47 PM

Feb 2012
Ed's expression when they pretended he is a child and carried him off as a hostage killed me :')
Jul 25, 2015 6:31 PM

Jun 2015
honey88foru said:
Great episode. Highlight of the episode? Winry in the bathtub. I'd love to be a rubber ducky in there :D :D :D It made my day.

Ling face to face with Greed was great. "Friends are bound by heart/soul" B)
Poor lizard guy put his life on the line just to see Greed and how he gets repaid was just sad.

"...and very short." hahaha!! That joke was played well here. I think Ed looks better with longer hair. His face during hostage scene was priceless too xD; His car was ... well, not my taste I'd just say :P

Greed vs Wrath should be good. "That Day" arrives. Good buildup of anticipation on my end.
Jul 28, 2015 10:11 PM

Oct 2014
Ed's taste in cars is amazing xD

The Lin vs Greed argument was awesome, definitely the highlight of the episode.

I'm glad Al and Hohenheim got along so well and so quickly.

Greed vs Wrath? Hmm. Probably going to be Wrath considering Pride is also there and on his side.
Aug 29, 2015 11:07 PM

Jul 2014
And Rin's back!
I was wondering where he ran off to :D
The day is here *_*
Oct 11, 2015 6:39 PM

Jul 2009
Winry was very pretty in this episode, and he noticed that Rose feels something for Ed...
Dec 17, 2015 4:36 AM
Nov 2014
Nice fanservice part with Winry hahaha.
Jan 4, 2016 8:36 AM

Nov 2011
Finally they discover the true intentions behind the wars, to create puppets and not only philosopher's stones. Beautiful clash between Greed and King.
Feb 8, 2016 8:24 PM

Jul 2013
Nice Ed is back in action!! I knew it would happen. When the guy said little....he got knocked out xD
A tuned car? Pimp my ride Brotherhood style haha...that was amazing.

Winry in the bath scene reminds me a lot of Lucy from Fairy Tail. So definitely nice fan service *.*

Finally Al has also some time with his father and heard all the things of the past from Hohenheim.

Cool to see Rin again. Hmm Greed vs. Wrath or more like Rin vs. Wrath?
The day arrives was a perfect ending for this.

May 1, 2016 3:33 PM

Sep 2015
I loved this episode and this image:

Now I'm starting to understand why this is #2 in MAL.
Jul 18, 2016 3:46 PM

Nov 2015
YESSSSS!!! I hope Greed returns Ling his body! I mean, he was nice after all. I still think King Bradley and his son will kill him :(
I also think his wife will:
1) Find out about them being Homonculus and be scared
2) Be killed by Greed
Oct 1, 2016 8:15 PM

May 2014
Loved Ed being a badass...also liked his temporary outfit change and the way he just gave no shits whatsoever.

However, the ending bits of the episode with Greed and Ling were easily the best for me. I love both of them to bits, and the scene with Bido was executed wonderfully...I actually felt bad for Greed when he'd realized what he'd done since he got bits of "previous greed's" memories back.

I definitely liked the territory they're delving into with regards to things like the soul, memories and rebirth...do you become an entirely different person when your slate is wiped clean, or is there really more to a person than their memories?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2017 6:02 AM

Jan 2016
Yes! Old Greed seems to be back
I'm really looking forward to his rematch with Wrath
Feb 28, 2017 6:20 AM
Jan 2012
The stupid Winry fanservice will always be stupid. A shame that even a great work like Fullmetal Alchemist couldn't escape gross fanservice.

Anyways, the Ling x Greed interactions are always a pleasure to watch. Also, Ed was gorgeous in this episode.
Jun 24, 2017 11:12 AM

Jan 2013
Well then, Edward suddenly became more badass, clearing out those military goons with ease.
Also ... lmfao at the guy with the hand pistols taking Edward as a "hostage". :D

Would be cool if Ling can get his body back with all the powers that Greed has so basically Greed switching places with Ling in his own body.
Jul 9, 2017 12:49 PM

Jun 2017
I love how they include the detail of Winry's pierced ears even when she's not wearing any earrings!
Feb 22, 2018 10:48 PM

Jun 2017
What an awkward first reunion between Van and Alfons. Althlugh it quickly turned heart warmong when Al offered to help woth the building. Such a lovely scene.

It's nice to see Rose again, back on her own two feet and moving forward from the past. I didn't really think we would see her again but I am glad we did.
Mar 14, 2018 3:47 PM

Dec 2009
I wonder who is in control, Ling or Greed or old Greed.

Ed was looking real slick.
Jan 18, 2019 11:46 PM

Jun 2015
man it's been so many episodes since ling showed up i totally forgot he had greed in his body now. who the hell is controlling the whole thing though? there's ling's souls in there, and greed's soul, but the old greed's memories are coming in.
Feb 15, 2019 3:25 PM

Oct 2013
Ouch... poor Bido... :-/
Mar 26, 2019 3:36 PM

Aug 2007
I very much appreciate how the manga and Brotherhood characterize Rose.

I was really put off that she was some type of crush for Ed and someone that Winry had to compete with in the 2003 anime.

Apr 6, 2019 3:07 AM

May 2016
Hohenheim was really lucky because he ended up talking to Alphonse first because he's the type of person who's never able to hate a guy as opposed to his hard-headed brother.

Ed escaping the authorities with his newfound allies was rather amusing but definitely illegal~

It's only a matter of time until Ling gets his body back from Greed because the Homunculus' memories started to resurface after he mercilessly killed the only person left in his precious gang of friends.

Sep 12, 2019 1:06 PM
Aug 2019
Ling and Greed are back and going for Bradley.

Ed is also back and on the run with his new Chimera Friends
Nov 7, 2019 2:56 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I loved the part with Edward.
So Hohenheim explained everything to Alphonse, that's interresting.
Feb 27, 2020 7:13 PM

Nov 2017
Ahhhh, this was an episode.

First off, Alphonse and Hohenheim are getting along and it was heartwarming when the latter thanked the former for trusting him. Was able to get a smile out of me. So Hohenheim tells Alphonse about his past and the Hounculus' origins.

It hurts seeing loved ones die before you do... yeah that's true as hell.

Oh yeah, guess who's back? Back again. Edward's back. Tell a friend! So he, Darius and Heinkel have been at a clinic. Soldiers from Central are trying to find them. Don't worry, Ed, they might not have liked your car design, but I thought it was neat! Now he has to make a move and find where Al is.

This episode ends nicely with Bido and Greed. Greed ends up killing him, but he regains his memories as a result. I loved Ling's rant at Greed. Then he has a nervous breakdown and eventually goes after King Bradley.

Wonderful episode!
Apr 1, 2020 6:10 PM

Feb 2020
what an awkward father-son reunion LMAO but touching scenes, especially with winry and rose

ED YES MY BOY IS BACK IN ACTION LOVE THAT FOR HIM

i love all the weird little team ups that happen in this show, ed with the chimeras, scar with marcoh, may and yoki

so greed has been guarding the humanoids all this time! and ling is still inside awake! i wonder who is really in control, ling, old greed or new greed? but it looks like some of old greed's memories are returning so he is fighting back omg this is getting good
May 7, 2020 4:29 PM
Apr 2018
Greed part was interesting. I like how Lin confronted him
Aug 28, 2020 12:33 AM
Jun 2016
Definitely noticed a change in quality in this episode. The interaction between Al and Hohenheim felt rushed and unsatisfying.

Also, the sudden Winry fanservice was jarring and unnecessary. Quite disappointed that the show felt the need to inject it when it hasn't so far. Pretty bad even a show so highly regarded doesn't manage to avoid putting in random fanservice.
Nov 12, 2020 6:05 PM

Jul 2017
Loved the Ling and Greed part where Ling was scolding Greed for killing his friend (although he did not have clear memory of him before stabbing him).
Jan 10, 2021 5:13 PM

Aug 2017
The whole "Old and New Greed" seems stupid, in fact, that friend from the first Greed looks like a plot device since if he had never appeared, then Greed wouldn't have that rushed betrayal. This is not from this episode but now I dislike how they ruined Scar. Besides that, it was a good episode.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 1, 2021 1:55 AM

Jun 2021
hohenheim tell every information about him. al discuss evey intel he gathered with his father. edward is alive and safe escaped from north milatary officers and thinking where might his brother al went? ling questioned greed you need women,status and everything.then why did you kill your own friend.

Greed remember past memories of past greed and raided further home.
Sep 3, 2021 2:49 AM

Apr 2020
these previews dang it!! wont let me stop watching
water
Sep 3, 2021 7:05 AM
Sep 2021
It was a great episode absolutely loved it
Dec 9, 2021 10:04 AM
Nov 2020
One of Ed’s most badass scenes, and he didn’t even use alchemy
Mar 9, 2022 4:13 PM

Feb 2021
Al doesn't see his dad for 10 years and all we get is "we'll talk later", wish it could've been more dramatic tbh. Ed's action scenes cringe asf as always

Greed's in denial of his self identity, pretty cool. I don't get how Ling's still subconsciously there when King Bradley on the other hand is completely unaware of his identity
Jun 5, 2022 5:18 PM
Apr 2022
Ling will be free with his body
Sep 6, 2022 8:40 AM
Sep 2022
Schizophrenia in a nutshell
May 22, 2023 10:25 AM
May 2022
great episode loved it
Jun 27, 2023 3:48 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
NOW we finally get to see Ling/Greed. Feels weird to not see them again until now

Edward's soft comeback was low-key kind of badass not gonna lie. Not from taking out all those soldiers, but rather just having his arms and mouth full of food, with a bad hair day, just not giving a single flying f*ck. Also I had to rub my eyes a little after seeing his custom car design. Was I still watching the same anime??

One of the best episodes is coming up next, or the one after that, when Edward and his two chimera buddies meets back up with the gang.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 3, 2023 8:09 PM

Oct 2020
It was interesting to see the difference in how Edward and Alphonse react to seeing their father
In any case, I guess Alphonse has always been less confrontational and a little more forgiving
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

175 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 15, 8:13 PM

» Is FMAB worth watching after FMA?

xXCaptainJXx - Apr 6

38 by aleinam »»
Apr 15, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Jan 17, 2010

207 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 14, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 7, 2009

343 by Nicolay18 »»
Apr 13, 1:34 AM

» Why doesn’t Lust show more lust? ( 1 2 )

lordJahoo - Apr 2

50 by Skylar-whoo »»
Apr 11, 6:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.