Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 26, 2017 7:51 AM

Apr 2016
So i completed Your Lie In April, it was beautiful and stunning in terms of the visual and i liked the characters but it felt all the same in each episode, Saki Arima always talking to Kousei and having him having flashbacks in every episode, the same thing applies for Tsubaki and Koari hitting Kousei all the time, it just got boring you know? And in addition, every time Arima went up on stage he struggles at first but then manages to change and excel, very predictable.

Hence why i can't consider this to be a masterpiece. (This is not me hating, rather me expressing my feelings)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2017 8:21 PM

May 2016
I don't feel so, The reason why is that the flashbacks if you notice change quite a lot.

In the beginning the flashbacks are dark and gloomy, hopeless and despairing.

If you notice carefully slowly the darkness of Kousei's past is brightened again. In fact, the flashback with Liebsleid (Love's Sorrow) in which he accepts his past, is one of the most touching moments in the entire anime. This change is symbolic and powerful, which I think more than justifies the repetitive nature, and is in fact highlighted by it.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is not a show that shines in originality or niche plot elements, but rather driven by the struggles of characters of people. People are repetitive and dwell on the past, and I think that was one of the main reasons for this.

As for the Tsubaki and Kaori thing, that is usually the case with anime, almost all anime have a boring predictable running gag.

Sorry for rant, but this is my 2 cents
:)
Mar 1, 2017 6:06 AM

Apr 2016
HolyDeathMacabre said:
I don't feel so, The reason why is that the flashbacks if you notice change quite a lot.

In the beginning the flashbacks are dark and gloomy, hopeless and despairing.

If you notice carefully slowly the darkness of Kousei's past is brightened again. In fact, the flashback with Liebsleid (Love's Sorrow) in which he accepts his past, is one of the most touching moments in the entire anime. This change is symbolic and powerful, which I think more than justifies the repetitive nature, and is in fact highlighted by it.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is not a show that shines in originality or niche plot elements, but rather driven by the struggles of characters of people. People are repetitive and dwell on the past, and I think that was one of the main reasons for this.

As for the Tsubaki and Kaori thing, that is usually the case with anime, almost all anime have a boring predictable running gag.

Sorry for rant, but this is my 2 cents
:)

Thanks for replying :) So did you get pissed off when Kousei didn't at least give Tsubaki a kiss? lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2017 6:34 AM

Jun 2011
I somewhat feel the same about the flashback, it was so overplayed that it became obnoxious. I've seen similar criticism back then as well when it was still airing.

Regardless, it was still a beautiful anime. Doesn't matter if it's a masterpiece or not, as long as I enjoyed watching it.

As for the kiss, no, Kouhei never liked Tsubaki, not fair to kiss her just because he pity her. She would feel horrible for that.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 1, 2017 6:43 AM

Dec 2014
hmmm ...I felt it was more flashback than repetitive... but maybe that way to add on to the whole story

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Apr 23, 4:46 AM

» Let me share my experience to re-watching it again

GuyWithoutFear - Apr 13

1 by falko92 »»
Apr 20, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

295 by kyledluffy »»
Apr 16, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1174 by LordArmandtrox »»
Apr 16, 9:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.