Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Descending Stories
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 31, 2017 10:03 AM

Apr 2015
I really hope someone tells Konatsu the true story of what happened soon. She shouldn't keep living with this unjust anger towards Kikuhiko for his "crimes".

I'm glad Kikuhiko has got the motivation back to do rakugo, though the police had to interrupt that.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 13, 2017 11:33 AM

Mar 2014
As a Kiku lover I can't handle these feels anymore T_T

Seeing Yota performing like Shin....Kiku wanting to die.....Konatsu giving him his Sukeroku fan because it's his lucky item....THIS IS SO SAD
Oct 27, 2017 6:16 PM

Jul 2012
Yotarou's performance of the fisherman story hit me all the feels...
The music during that scene was so good.

The police interrupted such a pivotal moment for Yakumo :(
Jan 5, 2019 1:18 PM

May 2016
chekrdnickrs said:
Gorgeous episode, I couldn't take it anymore during Yota's performance in honour of the previous Sukeroku

And then ugh, the police
I feel just the same way.
Jan 14, 2019 2:04 PM

Aug 2009
A few episodes back when Yota confronted the Yakuza boss, it was implied that the boss raped Konatsu right? And that he's the biological father of Konatsu's son? Yota told him to back off and don't "collect" the kid in the future cause he's gonna raise it. That's how I interpreted it at least.

If this is true, then why the hell does everyone respect the Yakuza guy so much? What were Yakumo and Yakuza boss talking about this episode? Maybe he's not the kid's father?

I hope these questions are going to be answered, because the ending of this episode left me cold. I honestly couldn't care less about the fact that the police arrested him, cause he's kind of an asshole.

Aside from the abrupt ending, this was another great episode. I wonder whether Konatsu will ever find out the truth of her parents' deaths.
Apr 7, 2019 12:34 PM

Dec 2015
Samu-tan said:
A few episodes back when Yota confronted the Yakuza boss, it was implied that the boss raped Konatsu right? And that he's the biological father of Konatsu's son? Yota told him to back off and don't "collect" the kid in the future cause he's gonna raise it. That's how I interpreted it at least.

If this is true, then why the hell does everyone respect the Yakuza guy so much? What were Yakumo and Yakuza boss talking about this episode? Maybe he's not the kid's father?

I hope these questions are going to be answered, because the ending of this episode left me cold. I honestly couldn't care less about the fact that the police arrested him, cause he's kind of an asshole.

Aside from the abrupt ending, this was another great episode. I wonder whether Konatsu will ever find out the truth of her parents' deaths.
He didn't rape Konatsu. Just had a relationship
Apr 8, 2019 12:10 AM
Oct 2018
the last part was so abrupt thooo
Apr 17, 2019 5:39 AM

Feb 2013
The cops had to ruin that moment!
Jun 7, 2019 9:16 PM

Sep 2017
Mangetsu's performance was really interesting. I wish we could have gotten the opportunity to see more of it. It was cute seeing Yakumo reminisce about his younger years looking at the photo album. I hope he approves the video recordings of his performances. Yotaro and Konatsu are so cute. Seeing their relationship develop to this extent has been so fun to watch. Yotaro's rakugo was probably one of my favorite performances the show has offered thus far. He imitated Sukeroku wonderfully and seeing Konatsu get emotional and Yakumo get shocked was great to see. When I saw there were only a few minutes left in the episode, I knew something when happening during Yakumo's performance. I thought he would have another heart attack or something. The gang boss getting arrested (for a law I didn't even know existed in Japan) was something I absolutely didn't see coming.
Jun 11, 2019 11:24 AM

Jun 2015
She pushed him inside I can'believe she did

this was sure an episode to leave you with teary eyes
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 20, 2019 4:01 PM

Nov 2016
I wasn't ready for the overwhelming feels that came with Yotas performance;_;

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 19, 2020 9:56 PM
Apr 2016
Aging and the feeling of your body continuously deteriorating is just horrible... can't even describe how damn horrible. I expect the ending to lead to something else, and I'm curious.
Jun 22, 2020 3:45 AM

Mar 2019
The thing with yakuza is weird. He didn't get arrested until now,but everyone knew who he was. But yea, nice story, would have loved to see Sukeroku flashbacks there aswell.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 6, 2021 11:05 PM

Jul 2017
The yakuza segments in this show just feel so out of place with this show, even if it has minor links since Yotarou used to be a part of a yakuza group. Wish that aspect of the show was never featured in my opinion. Highlight by far for me was Yotarou's performance, honoring the former Sukeroku in the process after he got to see tapes of him from the past and learn about the truth behind what happened to him. Really emotional performance from him and he's grown so much as a storyteller and a rakugo performer. The bridge scene with Yakumo wasn't that compelling to me, and so is his character arc for the most part recently except some good directing of his mindset here and there. The show's still falling really flat for me compared to the previous season now more and more, but at least its still able to produce a great moment per episode so its not like any of these are unwatchable or mediocre. Just could be a lot better with refinement or better, more focused and tighter writing at a lot of little points.
Jan 19, 2021 7:08 AM

Feb 2012
The arrest was another plot twist I didn't expect. It's a great series when there's a lot of stuff I didn't anticipate but which yet makes perfect sense since there's also a lot of foreshadowing. Yakumo's gloomy thoughts on the bridge made me think of the OP, how he jumps off a cliff. It's nice how they're constantly implying that he's feeling old and feeble and guilt-ridden, possibly even suicidal, but it's expressed in so many ways and not just through dialogue.
FeorgJan 19, 2021 7:31 AM
Jul 26, 2023 6:32 AM

Feb 2019
I love Yotarou and Konatsu's relationship. They're so cute together.

Despite everything, I'm glad to see that Konatsu has some sort of love for Yakumo as a fatherly figure. I'm glad it's really not just hatred in there. Deep down, it's more complex than that.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Who is the father of Konatsu's first child? *SPOIER?* ( 1 2 )

OGOTAKU - Mar 12, 2017

67 by Maahir97 »»
Apr 17, 12:04 PM

» Bit surprised to see s2 rated higher than s1

Korppi - Aug 9, 2017

11 by Pursueth »»
Feb 26, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2017

103 by prozyne »»
Jan 2, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

67 by silent_lurker »»
Dec 22, 2023 2:55 PM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2017

118 by silent_lurker »»
Dec 17, 2023 9:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.