Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Users Without 'Drop Rates' ~ Liars, Patient, or just Completionists?

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
#1
Feb 24, 2017 2:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 160
(NOTE: THIS TOPIC IS NOT DIRECTED TOWARDS THOSE WHO'VE FILTERED THEIR ANIME DROPPED TO 'ON HOLD' OR 'WATCHING' CATEGORIES. THERE'S EXCESSIVE CASES WHERE THERE'S A LARGE AMOUNT OF TITLES FINISHED WITH A SUSPICIOUSLY SMALL NUMBER OF 'WATCHING' OR 'ON HOLD.' IN WHICH CASE THIS ARGUMENT MAKES LITTLE SENSE.

It's always struck me as odd when i chance upon people with 0 'Drops' but a large quantity of total entries.
I'd love to know what's going on here because from my perspective (32% of titles dropped) it seems like at least one of the following is occurring...


i. Lying ~ People who fabricate and mislead others by tampering with their stats in efforts to satisfy their vanity or some alien motive. Commonly brought about by signing-off incomplete anime using the 'Complete' status for ALL of their Anime Watched.

ii. Patient and/or Completionist ~ They have a 'No Drop Policy' which further baffles me. How someone can have 1000+ total anime listings without stumbling across a single anime that bored them or at best they took it upon themselves to visit torture upon themselves and soldier through just seems to me to be entirely against their interest of watching anime to be entertained.
- Do people care THIS MUCH for anime stats? Or am i missing something here.

Love to hear all of your Drop Rates % or policies!!
I think we'd all be especially interested to hear arguments for what a sensible drop rate % may be. I'm far from qualified to talk on the subject as i realize my 32% drop rate (anime watched) may be higher than normal.


Edit: ~ Feb 26: Are you a Perfectionist or Completionist? - and what the difference could be.

Edit: ~ March 4: Other Viewership Styles


Highest Drop Rate (of thread contributors) goes to - none other than the Self Acclaimed Perfectionist - @BurntJelly with 44.29% Entries Dropped.


Modified by Willow_Folk, Mar 5, 2017 8:41 AM
“Join my wander, to a yonder. In search of the meaning from mystery & wonder ...
And when tragedy finds us, and breaks our bodies, we'll find peace in one shared mind.”

 
#2
Feb 24, 2017 3:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 1753
Let me tell you a secret, their On Hold list is their Dropped list.
 
#3
Feb 24, 2017 3:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 8057
no lifers whom have the time to watch something even if they dislike it
 
#4
Feb 24, 2017 3:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 381
Honestly I don't exactly have a drop % since I am trying just to put things on hold (with the exception of Elfen Lied but I may rewatch that). I also do have a no drop policy currently since I believe that for me to really appreciate great shows then I need to watch the bottom of the barrel shows. But that's just me :P (seriously, I'm actually sticking through Hand Shakers and that show is probably the wordt of the season. It sure is for me.)
 
#5
Feb 24, 2017 3:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 698
I believe a drop rate of around 10% is suitable for my level of patience and tolerance of crappy shows.
It's possible that they they drop shows to quickly to say that they 'dropped' it and so don't even bother adding it to their lists.
Another possibility is that they fast forward through boring moments and have a large amount of shows they are currently watching but taking their time doing so.
Honestly though I think that if a show is shit and you can almost guarantee that it will stay this way, don't bother and savour your time.
 
#6
Feb 24, 2017 3:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 2822
Who care tho'

...............who care tho'........








la critique de l'intention pure
 
#7
Feb 24, 2017 3:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 160
Impala said:
Let me tell you a secret, their On Hold list is their Dropped list.

That's seldom the case.
I've seen so many empty 'watching', 'on hold' lists ect.
“Join my wander, to a yonder. In search of the meaning from mystery & wonder ...
And when tragedy finds us, and breaks our bodies, we'll find peace in one shared mind.”

 
#8
Feb 24, 2017 3:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 32369
i am simply a laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy people...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
 
#9
Feb 24, 2017 3:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 6900
Or you know, they just don't add every entry that they run into. That works too. I mean if I didn't even finish an episode, why the fuck should I bother adding it?
 
Feb 24, 2017 3:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 1449
I just delete shows I started watching but decided to give up half way through. I also hate that red color on my statistic bar in the profile.
I don't see anything wrong with having 0 drops.



_____________"The Baseball team is here to f~ck you up" - Wakana
 
Feb 24, 2017 3:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 2
I just can't usually be bothered to add something I only watched a few episodes of. I use MAL to record things I've watched, not keep a dairy
 
Feb 24, 2017 3:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 160
RedInfinity said:
I think that if a show is shit and you can almost guarantee that it will stay this way, don't bother and savour your time.

^ That's always been my philosophy.
... there's thousands of titles out there and nobody can possibly recommend all the best ones that tailor to your preference. It appears to me when i see 1000+ total entries with not a single dropped title ... that they don't watch for enjoyment but more so competitively lol if that's even such a thing.

like who the fk is going to sit through Doraemon, Sgt Frog or Detective Conan.
How do you get upto episode 200 ... 300 ... 400 ... 500 ... 600 ... 700 ... 800 ect and rationalize "Even though all these episodes are the same ... the repetition is exciting!"
“Join my wander, to a yonder. In search of the meaning from mystery & wonder ...
And when tragedy finds us, and breaks our bodies, we'll find peace in one shared mind.”

 
Feb 24, 2017 3:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 160
Kuma said:
i am simply a laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy people...

To me that seems like a pretty poor 'cop-out.'
- If you're inclined to ...
> Add the anime to your watch list
> Get bored
> Look it up again and update status to complete
- How is the last step any less convenient than updating it to dropped + inserting 1 number?

I don't think this excuse is fooling anyone. I can't help but thinking this "LAZINESS" is really just Vanity.
“Join my wander, to a yonder. In search of the meaning from mystery & wonder ...
And when tragedy finds us, and breaks our bodies, we'll find peace in one shared mind.”

 
Feb 24, 2017 3:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 32369
Willow_Folk said:
Kuma said:
i am simply a laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy people...

To me that seems like a pretty poor 'cop-out.'
- If you're inclined to ...
> Add the anime to your watch list
> Get bored
> Look it up again and update status to complete
- How is the last step any less convenient than updating it to dropped + inserting 1 number?

I don't think this excuse is fooling anyone. I can't help but thinking this "LAZINESS" is really just Vanity.


> i mostly at least give it a try any shows that subbed in my native without adding it in my PTW
> i give them a try at least an episode episode before decided to continue it or not...
> what the fucking point adding a bunch of shows that i only take a peak without even opening mal?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
 
Feb 24, 2017 3:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 6900
Willow_Folk said:
RedInfinity said:
I think that if a show is shit and you can almost guarantee that it will stay this way, don't bother and savour your time.

^ That's always been my philosophy.
... there's thousands of titles out there and nobody can possibly recommend all the best ones that tailor to your preference. It appears to me when i see 1000+ total entries with not a single dropped title ... that they don't watch for enjoyment but more so competitively lol if that's even such a thing.

like who the fk is going to sit through Doraemon, Sgt Frog or Detective Conan.
How do you get upto episode 200 ... 300 ... 400 ... 500 ... 600 ... 700 ... 800 ect and rationalize "Even though all these episodes are the same ... the repetition is exciting!"

Excuse me. I'll have you know that I finished Doraemon (the 1970 one, not the 2005 one). It's 11~ish minutes per episode so realistically, it is just as long as OP, if not less.

As for Conan, it has an actual following that stays updated with it.

Just because you have different views on things doesn't mean your reasoning is right.
 
Feb 24, 2017 3:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 160
Kuma said:
what the fucking point adding a bunch of shows that i only take a peak without even opening mal?


That's a good question - even if it's just rhetorical.
What i believe your unique case is ... would be that only recently have you created a MAL account and upon adding watched anime entries to your list you just defaulted each title to 'Completed.' In this case ... yes you are just lazy.

But this excuse doesn't entirely account for the last two years of your account (since 2015). I'm sorry but there's just no way i can see anyone watching that many titles without dropping a single one.
“Join my wander, to a yonder. In search of the meaning from mystery & wonder ...
And when tragedy finds us, and breaks our bodies, we'll find peace in one shared mind.”

 
Feb 24, 2017 3:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1984
I simply don't add the shows i dropped on the first 1-2 episodes at all, i only have two titles in my dropped list.
 
Feb 24, 2017 3:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 32369
Willow_Folk said:
Kuma said:
what the fucking point adding a bunch of shows that i only take a peak without even opening mal?


That's a good question - even if it's just rhetorical.
What i believe your unique case is ... would be that only recently have you created a MAL account and upon adding watched anime entries to your list you just defaulted each title to 'Completed.' In this case ... yes you are just lazy.

But this excuse doesn't entirely account for the last two years of your account (since 2015). I'm sorry but there's just no way i can see anyone watching that many titles without dropping a single one.


because i am also an easy going man?

if it's good, i enjoy it goodness, if it's bad, i laugh at how bad it is (i mean, as much as i dislike big order, it was make me laugh lot of time)...

if it feel boring or doesn't pick my interest, and doesnt feel will be hillarously bad, i wouldn't pick it up in the first place since i already take a look at first episode beforehand...

you just need enjoy the ride and know how to not pick... my only regret probably finishing glasslip...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
 
Feb 24, 2017 3:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 160
@Brb YES! - and he takes the bait.
I cherish reviews on both those titles because i quite clearly don't understand their appeal.

-Sorry to sound obnoxious, i know many Weebs sit on their high horse but i'm not one. Provocation has always been the most efficient way to get the answers you want. I have faith in weebs with sticks up their ass who love to prove me wrong. I invite it :)
“Join my wander, to a yonder. In search of the meaning from mystery & wonder ...
And when tragedy finds us, and breaks our bodies, we'll find peace in one shared mind.”

 
Feb 24, 2017 3:52 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 4426
I have seen some people that simply don't add them to the list at all, one motivation was that they didn't want to remember those terrible anime.
I still put them in dropped so other users know I started it and then dropped. Moreover gotta increase those days count!
Planetes said:
Living alone and dying alone... alone... How could anyone be satisfied with that? It's stupid... Space is too big to face all alone.
 
Feb 24, 2017 3:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 125
I prefer the term "completionist". When I start a thing I just finish it even though it's bad. Look at my list and you will see I have only one dropped anime which I intend to complete later in my life.

Also, I don't know if you experience this feeling but sometimes you get bored and tired and you want to watch something but a good anime/videogame doesn't suit your current mood. you have to be excited to watch/play the good anime/videogame so instead you watch/play something meh which does entertain you then but doesn't entertain in other occasions.
Modified by HitaroYuma, Feb 24, 2017 4:03 AM
 
Feb 24, 2017 4:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 160
zal said:
I still put them in dropped so other users know I started it and then dropped. Moreover gotta increase those days count!

This is my exact reasoning for including anime to my list regardless of where i drop.
It's an easy habit, huh? If you're adding anime to your watchlist and going from there it's not a hassle at all and they'll add up without a doubt.

- It's sad, though ... the efforts and lengths of honesty we go to ... that's quite easily achievable by many MAL members who just get those 'days' with dishonest completion. That has the be one of the driving incentives, "laziness" aside.
“Join my wander, to a yonder. In search of the meaning from mystery & wonder ...
And when tragedy finds us, and breaks our bodies, we'll find peace in one shared mind.”

 
Feb 24, 2017 4:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 6900
Willow_Folk said:
@Brb YES! - and he takes the bait.
I cherish reviews on both those titles because i quite clearly don't understand their appeal.

-Sorry to sound obnoxious, i know many Weebs sit on their high horse but i'm not one. Provocation has always been the most efficient way to get the answers you want. I have faith in weebs with sticks up their ass who love to prove me wrong. I invite it :)

And your point is?

I don't find you obnoxious, merely ignorant.
 
Feb 24, 2017 4:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 5629
I have a kind of low drop rate, I feel like. Things I put on-hold are things I'm interested in going back to later, but that hasn't panned out like I've hoped tbh, so I'm more likely to put something on the drop list than the on-hold list unless I'm completely confident I'm going back to it at some point. I do plan on going back and finishing at least one of my on-holds for the anime watching challenge, though. I do think the reason my drop rate is so low is because I almost never really pick up any really long series, though. I think there's only 3 series on my list that exceed 26 episodes by a large margin if I discount Saiki K. because it's a series of shorts instead of anything else, and the vast majority of my list is 12 episode series.

I can see the reason why people would want to not drop anything but I tried that a while back and I can't do it. I'm not going to subject myself to something I'm really not enjoying for the sake of completing it and nothing else.

Although, it is MAL. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of stuff in general was just added as completed despite not really being seen since it's so easy to do - add it to your list, say it's completed, and give it a score. Boom. Your watch list is longer and you can easily enter the dick measuring contest of how much anime you've seen.
Modified by Manaban, Feb 24, 2017 4:08 AM

 
Feb 24, 2017 4:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 160
dDarklegend said:
I prefer the term "completionist"

Thanks for the correction. I'll update the forum terminology.

Considering your Join Date and Total Entries i don't see much novelty in boasting, though. I'd wager the majority of members start out with the most popular animes and still fresh to culture it's easy to enjoy cliche anime because you don't know any better. I think your true challenge has only just begun.
“Join my wander, to a yonder. In search of the meaning from mystery & wonder ...
And when tragedy finds us, and breaks our bodies, we'll find peace in one shared mind.”

 
Feb 24, 2017 4:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 1753
Adding dropped anime eventhough I have only watched the very first episode is legit, so when I ask for recs, people don't recommend me something that clearly not my liking. Heck it's not rare people selling me on those dropped shows and I ended up completing them.
 
Feb 24, 2017 4:06 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 205
I am dont really drop any anime I watch because I only watch anime that suits my taste by reading synopsis and gotten some interesting fact by those that watched and I dont watch anime that I will surely drop
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Feb 24, 2017 4:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 8711
I agree with most of the people who think adding shows you've only watched an episode of to your dropped list, while technically the correct way to go about it depending on what your list is trying to accomplish, being the more vain way to go about things.

If you're going to 'drop' something, you need to have actually 'picked it up' in the first place, no?

For me if I don't drop something right away, the vast majority of series are 1 cour anyway, so even if I'm triggered into a seizure by episode 9 my curiosity of the last two episodes will get the better of me far more often than not.
 
Feb 24, 2017 4:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 6560
karambia said:
Who care tho'

...............who care tho'........
^
Why do you care?
Some people may just be bored out of their mind and goes through with everything they see, some people may just be a completionist and gets a mild OCD if they don't finish everything they start, some people may just watching them for lulz.
 
Feb 24, 2017 4:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 160
Brb said:

I don't find you obnoxious, merely ignorant.

Now that's something i hear often but seldom without any reason attached.
My point was ... my citicisms of sgt frog, doraemon & conan weren't genuine and not the focus at all of this issue. Take your pick of any large quantity anime it makes no difference.

Your case is particularly curious.
What compels someone with 900+ titles to drop only 7?
“Join my wander, to a yonder. In search of the meaning from mystery & wonder ...
And when tragedy finds us, and breaks our bodies, we'll find peace in one shared mind.”

 
Feb 24, 2017 4:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 160
Snappynator said:
karambia said:
Who care tho'

...............who care tho'........
^
Why do you care?

It beats me why people even introduce themselves in Forums if they aren't going to contribute anything ... no wit, no humor, no insight, no troll? wtf u doing here homeboy.

In case you need it spelled out @karambia the entire purpose of a forum is for curious minds to ask questions and share knowledge.
“Join my wander, to a yonder. In search of the meaning from mystery & wonder ...
And when tragedy finds us, and breaks our bodies, we'll find peace in one shared mind.”

 
Feb 24, 2017 4:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 702
I simply do not add these titles to my list as I find them entirely unworthy of appearing on there in the first place. Altogether, I have dropped two or three titles, and furthermore am I a completionist. I find it unnecessary to bring the handful of dropped series to light, and it is unnecessary for those that are so concerned about these supposed 'lies' to pry in other people's means of composing their list, also.
» "reality doesn't change, it never changes
that's why i'll change it with my own strength" «
 
Feb 24, 2017 4:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 6900
Willow_Folk said:
Brb said:

I don't find you obnoxious, merely ignorant.

Now that's something i hear often but seldom without any reason attached.
My point was ... my citicisms of sgt frog, doraemon & conan weren't genuine and not the focus at all of this issue. Take your pick of any large quantity anime it makes no difference.

Your case is particularly curious.
What compels someone with 900+ titles to drop only 7?

They're from the times that I started updating my list. I mostly update during end of season and just dump the stuff that I finished then.

and putting stuff on hold when I have a tendency to watch half episodes is very tedious.
 
Feb 24, 2017 4:20 AM
❄The Nexus❄

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 10270
I do a lot of research into an anime before I watch it, so I know what im getting into to.
 
Feb 24, 2017 4:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 2822
Willow_Folk said:
Snappynator said:
^
Why do you care?

It beats me why people even introduce themselves in Forums if they aren't going to contribute anything ... no wit, no humor, no insight, no troll? wtf u doing here homeboy.

In case you need it spelled out @karambia the entire purpose of a forum is for curious minds to ask questions and share knowledge.
Be strong, after the the imbd loss u can still shit posting here...

who care tho'








la critique de l'intention pure
 
Feb 24, 2017 4:22 AM

Online
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 4289
I don't drop shows because I've never once felt that any show I've watched was bad enough to drop.
 
Feb 24, 2017 4:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 160
karambia said:
Be strong, after the the imbd loss u can still shit posting here...

I stopped trying to make sense of wtf you mean when i realized Trolls 'get-off' to confusing their prey. I'll bite, though.
“Join my wander, to a yonder. In search of the meaning from mystery & wonder ...
And when tragedy finds us, and breaks our bodies, we'll find peace in one shared mind.”

 
Feb 24, 2017 4:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 160
Kittens-kun said:
I don't drop shows because I've never once felt that any show I've watched was bad enough to drop.

Shiit. I envy you - though from my perspective i'm sure you can understand i'm doubtful that's the entire truth.
“Join my wander, to a yonder. In search of the meaning from mystery & wonder ...
And when tragedy finds us, and breaks our bodies, we'll find peace in one shared mind.”

 
Feb 24, 2017 4:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1748
If anything I guess I am patient. But I am also a liar from one point of view.

The anime that I have completed, I truly have completed.. or have completed them in good faith.
By that I mean some anime that I used to watch as a child and I'm pretty sure I've seen it all.
Tao Tao and Maya the Bee for example, which my mother had recorded on video cassettes for me.
Or later, Ulysses 31 and Esteban and the Mysterious Cities of Gold, which I was never missing an episode when they were airing on local TV.
So in good faith then, I add them to my list as completed.

What I'm lying about, is my Plan to Watch list.
There are a few hundred anime in there that I have watched the first few episodes already.
You can say they're Dropped or On Hold but I just don't update them for two reasons.

First reason is... I watch a lot of anime either with my sister or with a couple friends.
I haven't told them I am a member of this site because I find it a little embarrassing and I don't want them to see my list either and see some other anime I have been watching on my own. coughhentaicough
So when I'm watching anime together with any of them, I neglect to update my list since I don't visit the site.
Because of that, I don't see the point anymore of updating my list for every episode watched, and I just add them when I finish them instead.

The second reason is... I often visit my Plan to Watch list and pick from there what should I watch next.
I want to have all my options in one single list, that includes anime that I am currently watching or have them on hold or kind of abandoned.
I see it like a game, I guess. Like a contest on which anime should I pick next. So all the contesters have to be lined up for me. Autism, I know.
Since I can't just exclude that Completed list and have it show only the rest of the sections, I prefer to have all unwatched and unfinished anime in my Plan to Watch list.

In my Watching List, only go the anime that I have seen every aired episode so far. Which in short, it is like Completed because there aren't any more episodes to see from it yet.
The only exception to that is One Piece, which is kind of abandoned in my Watching List because I had it added there before I started organizing my anime that way.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
 
Feb 24, 2017 4:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 702
Willow_Folk said:
Kittens-kun said:
I don't drop shows because I've never once felt that any show I've watched was bad enough to drop.

Shiit. I envy you - though from my perspective i'm sure you can understand i'm doubtful that's the entire truth.
Why must you immediately assume these are lies? If we go by your perspective, you can and will not believe in anyone who goes through different routines than you, or has different opinions than you. This forum is not a large by-product from a conspiracy theory — most people on here are genuinely uninterested in how others perceive their lists and have absolutely no reason to be dishonest whatsoever. You are quite fallible in your reasoning.
» "reality doesn't change, it never changes
that's why i'll change it with my own strength" «
 
Feb 24, 2017 4:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 343
Completionism can be one helluva drug. That said crappy media has been a better sleep-aid for me than some medications, so it's not without use.
 
Feb 24, 2017 4:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 302
Why?.... Dropping it Instead of just finishing it..... Who cares about that?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Feb 24, 2017 4:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 516
I drop a lot of titles but only leave it in the list if I watched at least 6 chapters or if it was so horrible that I need to give it a bad rate, otherwise I simply delete it from my list and move on. (especially if it was something airing and I simply drop it in the first episode)
 
Feb 24, 2017 4:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 6321
I'm not a liar, I'm not patient and I'm not a completionist.
I just have crippling OCD.
 
Feb 24, 2017 4:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 2741
zal said:
I have seen some people that simply don't add them to the list at all, one motivation was that they didn't want to remember those terrible anime.
I still put them in dropped so other users know I started it and then dropped. Moreover gotta increase those days count!

I mainly do it cause I dont wanna touch that shit again and have a relatively bad memory. Its not like the drop is eternal either I might come back to it some day.

As I said many times a no-drop policy is an unhealthy way to live.


Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!



 
Feb 24, 2017 4:43 AM

Online
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 4410
Some of them watch all anime in 1.5x or 2x speed. So if they watch an anime that they don't like, they just speed up the anime to get it over with as fast as they can, instead of dropping it. I'd put people who do that under liars.
Modified by wildhood, Feb 25, 2017 3:49 AM
 
Feb 24, 2017 4:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 160
Lestat- said:
most people on here are genuinely uninterested in how others perceive their lists and have absolutely no reason to be dishonest whatsoever. You are quite fallible in your reasoning.

most people ... have absolutely no reason to be dishonest?

I agreed with everything in your reply upto this point. There's very obvious incentives to be dishonest and lie; the clearest of all being reputation.

This is a VERY serious website when you exclude clubs and forums.
It's in my nature to be curious and personally i've realized that being skeptical ensures my curiosity is rewarded with quality. Nobody has to justify anything to me ... you're quite right.
I'm not forcing anyone? I'm asking ... this a forum after all. It just seems to me HIGHLY UNLIKELY that hundreds of total entries can go without a single 'Drop.'
Your response - along with many this far - just haven't reassured me.
“Join my wander, to a yonder. In search of the meaning from mystery & wonder ...
And when tragedy finds us, and breaks our bodies, we'll find peace in one shared mind.”

 
Feb 24, 2017 4:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 160
wildhood said:
Some of them watch all anime in 1.5x or 2x speed. I'd put people who do that under liars.

I didn't even know that was a thing.
Wow. Thanks for letting me in on that.
“Join my wander, to a yonder. In search of the meaning from mystery & wonder ...
And when tragedy finds us, and breaks our bodies, we'll find peace in one shared mind.”

 
Feb 24, 2017 4:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 160
Bobby2Hands said:
I'm not a liar, I'm not patient and I'm not a completionist.
I just have crippling OCD.

Haha it took me a while to settle on the phrasing. I started with OCD, then went to perfectionist > then completionist.

You can't be serious, though. Is it really THAT irritable not to finish a shitty anime?
“Join my wander, to a yonder. In search of the meaning from mystery & wonder ...
And when tragedy finds us, and breaks our bodies, we'll find peace in one shared mind.”

 
Feb 24, 2017 4:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 702
Willow_Folk said:
I agreed with everything in your reply upto this point. There's very obvious incentives to be dishonest and lie; the clearest of all being reputation.

This is a VERY serious website when you exclude clubs and forums.
It's in my nature to be curious and personally i've realized that being skeptical ensures my curiosity is rewarded with quality. Nobody has to justify anything to me ... you're quite right.
I'm not forcing anyone? I'm asking ... this a forum after all. It just seems to me HIGHLY UNLIKELY that hundreds of total entries can go without a single 'Drop.'
Your response - along with many this far - just haven't reassured me.
Why ask the question if you are not going to believe in the answers? As I said, by your perspective, you will not alter your point of view on the matter regardless of the genuine responses you will receive.
» "reality doesn't change, it never changes
that's why i'll change it with my own strength" «
 
Top
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »