Forum Settings
Forums

what common things done in anime series do you love?

New
Feb 23, 2017 7:12 AM

Nov 2016
for me its when they do a test of courage in anime or they go on a school feild trip and school festival.
how i love when everyone intrect with each other during a feild trip and talking to each other duringing night than theres the bathhouse peep raid XD and also its fun to watch them enjoy japan.
as for test for courage i realy wish i could do it here and its fun as most of the time they just fail to scare each other and end up getting lost in forest.
xxXHARSHXxxFeb 23, 2017 11:46 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 23, 2017 10:15 AM

Jul 2012
AholePony loves it when there's a kotatsu scene. Any scene with a kotatsu is automatic 10/10.
Feb 23, 2017 10:16 AM

Jul 2016
Obligatory falling over and grabbing her massive rack scene. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
damn, the forums these days...
Feb 23, 2017 10:19 AM

Feb 2010
I love training arcs in sports or battle shounen, I like the power of friendship trope and I love Boke-Tsukkimi comedy. Just to name 3 very common things.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 23, 2017 10:46 AM
Jan 2016
I love it when two straight guys get misunderstood/teased as a gay pair for comedy purposes. It always puts a smile on my face.
Feb 23, 2017 10:53 AM

Jul 2014
common things..huh....i guess somewhere in a skl setting or outside in the beach xD
Feb 23, 2017 10:53 AM

May 2015
I love it when the MC or any other prominent character surprise people with their powers. You see this a lot in shounen series. They either have nay-sayers that call them weak, or we've never actually seen them fight before. But it's so satisfying to see them overpower their opponent with the shocked look of other characters and the crowd in the background. Like an underdog finally showing their true strength.

Feb 23, 2017 10:56 AM

Jul 2015
Cute girls
Really love them but not in a cgdct anime
Feb 23, 2017 11:00 AM

Jul 2015
I find it amusing when characters break the fourth wall. c:

My lame quotes weren't appreciated...
Now you get this instead of something cheesy and cliché
Feb 23, 2017 11:04 AM

Feb 2017
i think some of these things i love is the power of friendship! I'm actually not kidding on that one, i love when they show how strong the friendships are on anime, weather is some cheesy line or how they motivate each other. i love it all, probably cause its how i remember me and my friends were like in school. Just always makes me right at home. Probably why i love slice of life animes
Feb 23, 2017 11:05 AM

Jan 2013
I really like beach, summer festival and school festival episodes.
Feb 23, 2017 11:05 AM

May 2016
When the megane characters push their glasses back and it lights up. It's so cool, I love it.

orz
Feb 23, 2017 11:44 AM

Jan 2013
When the MC of a sports series makes a decisive shot/blow that defines the outcome of the game/match.
Feb 23, 2017 11:48 AM

Nov 2016
Kittens-kun said:
I love it when the MC or any other prominent character surprise people with their powers. You see this a lot in shounen series. They either have nay-sayers that call them weak, or we've never actually seen them fight before. But it's so satisfying to see them overpower their opponent with the shocked look of other characters and the crowd in the background. Like an underdog finally showing their true strength.

man i love it to when happens the shocked rection are the best.
i loved kuroko no basket and haikyu cause of it
Feb 23, 2017 11:53 AM

Dec 2014
The scene where the MC has been beaten to a bloody mess but then stands up and releases that massive pulse of ki/chakra/nen and then proceeds to beat the ever loving shit out of the bad guy(s) while an intense battle theme plays in the background. I literally grew my first chest hair due to a scene like this, manly af.
Feb 23, 2017 12:14 PM

Feb 2016
Pullman said:
I love training arcs in sports or battle shounen, I like the power of friendship trope and I love Boke-Tsukkimi comedy. Just to name 3 very common things.

Have you seen Fairy Tail?

I do like training arcs but I prefer tournament arcs or war arcs. I also like power level show offs and this instinct/murderous intent thing done many times in different series.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Feb 23, 2017 12:58 PM
Jul 2018

Cultural Festivals and Summer Festivals, I really enjoy those episodes a lot !
Feb 23, 2017 1:05 PM
Nov 2015
tragedydesu said:
Cute girls
Really love them but not in a cgdct anime

Cute girls is a joy to watch! >_____<
Feb 23, 2017 1:08 PM
Oct 2016
Tsunderes, I love tsunderes!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 23, 2017 1:09 PM

Jun 2015
Breather episodes or when they do a non-action montage.
Feb 23, 2017 1:15 PM

Feb 2015
I love friendship power-ups in battle shounen.
Feb 23, 2017 1:28 PM

Jul 2015
I love it when a character grins like a maniac before wrecking shit up.
Feb 23, 2017 1:57 PM

Feb 2010
HamburgerSpike said:
Pullman said:

I do like training arcs but I prefer tournament arcs or war arcs. I also like power level show offs and this instinct/murderous intent thing done many times in different series.

Yes I've seen Fairy Tail. I think I've seen every long-running battle shounen except Inuyasha and Fist of the North Star at this point xD. One day I'll have seen them all!
FT is not one of my favorites though, but I did like the first 100 or so episodes a lot.

And yeah tournament arcs are even better in battle shounen. In Sports shows I sometimes like the training arcs just as much as the tournaments. And they're probably a bit less common than training arcs overall.
Feb 23, 2017 1:59 PM

Mar 2016
I love how the characters are studying for exams in a slice of life anime. The pressure just makes me pray that they'll survive the exams and pass.

Feb 23, 2017 2:12 PM

Feb 2016
Pullman said:
HamburgerSpike said:

Yes I've seen Fairy Tail. I think I've seen every long-running battle shounen except Inuyasha and Fist of the North Star at this point xD. One day I'll have seen them all!
FT is not one of my favorites though, but I did like the first 100 or so episodes a lot.

And yeah tournament arcs are even better in battle shounen. In Sports shows I sometimes like the training arcs just as much as the tournaments. And they're probably a bit less common than training arcs overall.

I mean FT overdid the power of friendship trope a bit, the fights lost tension somewhere along the line because of this. It was more a matter of 'when' than 'if' will it kick in.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Feb 23, 2017 2:14 PM

Nov 2014
As overused and clichéd as it is, I absolutely love girls with guns. I'm not even that into guns or action anime in general, but damn, I don't know.

Anyone else able to explain why girls with guns is so popular?
Feb 23, 2017 2:17 PM

Dec 2015
For me, something like, strategy, mind game kinda like that... And when its something that I couldnt think of... or something that doesnt easy to guess..
Like for me, some anime kinda easy to read where will it going so... this usually boring..
"It’s so ri-ri-diculous that I h-hope you understand even if I st-st-stutter, my t-t-talking ability is a little lacking
Still I wanted to at least s-speak co-co-correctly but my mouth keeps getting c-c-crooked because I lo-lo-love it so much, love it so mu-much "

[signature]
Feb 23, 2017 2:18 PM
Dec 2011
I love the comedy in slice of life and action oriented anime such as Non Non Biyori or Fairy Tail. I also love the moments when a character gets so powerful, they either one-shot their opponent or downright obliterate them.
Feb 23, 2017 2:42 PM

Feb 2010
HamburgerSpike said:
Pullman said:

I mean FT overdid the power of friendship trope a bit, the fights lost tension somewhere along the line because of this. It was more a matter of 'when' than 'if' will it kick in.

I don't really mind that though. FT never really hooked me with the fights anyway. Generally, while I used to love the fights in battle shounen like Bleach, OP and Naruto when I started out with anime, at this point in time it's not why I enjoy a battle shounen. Although it is of course very helpful if the fights happen to be very interesting like in HxH or also lots of Naruto fights.

But it's really, more about the characters and setting. I really liked the whole Guild thing in Fairy Tail for example, both because it made for some heartwarming arcs and interactions internally (like former enemies joining the team, another trope I REALLY like ever since Vegeta), but also in terms of the whole setting of guild rivalries and all that stuff. It's the closest thing to the closeness of the crew in One Piece too, and I'm a sucker for that. Lots of battle shounen just have the characters fight to protect the city or planet or whatever and they do it because they live there, but banding together in crews or guilds out of free will, based on similar ideals or goals, and not just because you grew up together and all want to defend the city you live in is just much more fun to watch for me. It's really the biggest reason why I liked Fairy Tail so much.

It really started going downhill when the started 20+ episodes of fillers where all they did was revive the bad guys from 20 episodes ago and do everything all over again. It was some of the worst fillers I've ever seen. The tournament arc at the end of season 1 was pretty good again, but I hated the short arc with the dragon invasion, the conclusion was one of the silliest talk no jutsu resolutions I've ever seen. And after that I just slowly started caring less and less while the 2014 version aired.
Feb 23, 2017 2:48 PM

Feb 2015
The beach EP is always 10/10, much better of in some cases, Hot spring > Beach EP though...

Shikakou said:
I love how the characters are studying for exams in a slice of life anime. The pressure just makes me pray that they'll survive the exams and pass.

Ohhh much better is when you have a test tomorrow and instead of reviewing you are watching the characters study for their exams... xD

I mean... What could possibly go wrong with that...
Feb 23, 2017 4:07 PM

Apr 2016
Bygyas said:
Obligatory falling over and grabbing her massive rack scene. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This. This is basically the reason I watch anime.
Man, I have to stop falling in love with fictitious high school girls'...moms!
Feb 23, 2017 8:55 PM
Oct 2016
if it has yuri, automatic 10

if it has pantsu, automatic 10

if it has a character named Goku in it? automatic 0
Feb 23, 2017 8:59 PM
Jul 2018
I would say traps but they are not used to often... unfortunately, at least not in the anime I like to watch :|

Well cute girls, cute girls and once more cute girls.
Feb 23, 2017 10:31 PM

Jun 2013
There's always this "meet his/her family" scene or episode in your typical romcom anime, and I love when the parents or inlaws are supportive and acting all chummy. Bonus point if the father is funny and hysterical. Never get tired of it.
Feb 24, 2017 12:13 AM

Jan 2011
- When everyone thinks the MC is rather innocent or nice etc, but he/she actually has a dark or twisted side. (Saeko from High School of the Dead)

- Festivals or parties with a group of friends, instead of dates. (Free! and Magi)

- Bromance (like gon and killua)

- Battle scenes where the MC explodes in power or something like after coming back from training he/she improves a lot (of course it's Naruto and Bleach)

- Beach and pool scenes....actually really annoys me.
YukiTsubakiFeb 24, 2017 1:05 AM
Feb 24, 2017 12:23 AM

May 2015
I think anime's ridiculous character design and rainbow hairs are amazing. A lot of anime that didn't work - like Akasaka or Freezing - at least had pleasing visuals. I don't think many understand that this is an art in itself.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Feb 24, 2017 4:44 AM

Aug 2013
I just always love the beach episodes.

And in shounen when the guy is about to lose and then turns the tide yes.

Something about sentimental scenes at night too, doesn't even need to be boy meets girl romantic stuff either can just be like that one scene in that show i forgot where he chucks his pills of a bridge, those are fun.

Anytime it's raining too that just enhances most moods I find good and feelsy.
Feb 24, 2017 5:19 AM

Sep 2012
I really love sad or battle scenes with epic OST.
Feb 24, 2017 7:48 AM

Jun 2015
AholePony said:
AholePony loves it when there's a kotatsu scene. Any scene with a kotatsu is automatic 10/10.
only if its super kawaii moe girls.....

i like it when the ace or overpowered bystander shows up to save the day instead of the mc pulling nakama power out of his ass to defeat the enemy.

hiko seijuro saves eveyone else, netero bombs to king while the MC are doing something else.
Feb 24, 2017 7:51 AM

Apr 2014
the part where they say screw it, lets go the the beach!
Feb 24, 2017 7:57 AM

Jun 2015
I do tend to have a soft spot for female characters who are normally cold but have a more innocent side to them, like in Binbougami ga! or Akuma no Riddle.
Feb 24, 2017 8:23 AM
May 2010
Definitely when a character do a dynamic entry in shonen or action series, it looks cool and it's even better if the character says an awesome line.

Also it's more of a style and it's only common on mech genre but I want to mention, I love Itano Circus
Feb 24, 2017 8:24 AM

Nov 2009
1) Cute girls. Especially when there is a lot of them. There aren't enough girls in (my) life.
2) Beach episodes. I live near the sea, and there are always too few beach episodes in anime.
3) When the MC wins with the power of something moral - love, friendship, justice... That's one of the things I always love in anime.

TheBrainintheJar said:
I think anime's ridiculous character design and rainbow hairs are amazing. A lot of anime that didn't work - like Akasaka or Freezing - at least had pleasing visuals. I don't think many understand that this is an art in itself.

Indeed. It's impressive how much better anime characters look, both in terms of art style and design, compared to western cartoons (especially those not influenced by anime).
Feb 24, 2017 10:23 AM

Jul 2014
abhutrash said:
As overused and clichéd as it is, I absolutely love girls with guns.

Girls with bass guitars is where it's at.

Improves a 5/10 to a 9/10

Edit: If anyone posts anything HJ Freaks related I will come to your house and recite bad poetry at you
Red_TuesdayFeb 24, 2017 10:29 AM
Feb 24, 2017 12:06 PM

May 2014
Askorti said:
I love it when two straight guys get misunderstood/teased as a gay pair for comedy purposes. It always puts a smile on my face.

+1 for this!!

*I also love tournament/festival arcs in shounen anime. Mainly because we get to see everyone get a bit of spotlight in different scenarios.

*Those random episodes where characters stalk/tail another character and find them doing really weird crap. Those ones always make me giggle.

*Oh, and how could I forget- anime catchphrases! Gotta love 'em
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2017 12:56 AM

May 2015
flannan said:
1) Cute girls. Especially when there is a lot of them. There aren't enough girls in (my) life.
2) Beach episodes. I live near the sea, and there are always too few beach episodes in anime.
3) When the MC wins with the power of something moral - love, friendship, justice... That's one of the things I always love in anime.

TheBrainintheJar said:

Indeed. It's impressive how much better anime characters look, both in terms of art style and design, compared to western cartoons (especially those not influenced by anime).

Western cartoons look great, too. These are different aesthetics. West is more about caricatures with characters looking funny. Anime is more concerned with beauty, a concept which is rarely explored in Western animation.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Feb 25, 2017 1:27 AM

Jan 2017
My favourite convention is anime that tells stories/includes characters that brings the best qualities out the least likely of places.

For instance Great Teacher Onizuka
- A dimwit and perverted teacher without any smarts manages to help his students more than any qualified teacher does.

The Same as with Golden Boy, Hajime No Ippo to name two more.
In essence, anime that set out to put focus on our differences and how it divides us which tells the story of someone with some type of impairment and how they rise above the pressure of bullies and defy all expectation.

The Ironies i find most entertaining
1. The Weak struggling and daring to beat the Strong
2. Book Smart vs. Street Smarts. Someone may seem dumb, but really have a smarter handle on life/happiness.
“Join my wander, to a yonder. In search of the meaning from mystery & wonder ...
And when tragedy finds us, and breaks our bodies, we'll find peace in one shared mind.”

Feb 25, 2017 1:32 AM

Jun 2015
My favorite thing is actually ambient cicada noises during isolated street scenes that appear in quite a lot of shows. I adore the sound and atmosphere.

Feb 25, 2017 2:06 AM

Feb 2016
boobs joke. more boobs joke is all we need to save the anime
Feb 25, 2017 2:20 AM

Nov 2011
Let's see... I'll try to limit it to simple stuff.

• Heartwarming moments: Basically any noteworthy act of kindness. In bleak settings it can be particularly refreshing, but they can stand on their own quite well even in light settings.
• Running gags: Like many other things this can be done in a way that is boring or irritating, but when a show manages to nail it I think running gags can become a very fun part of a show's identity. Bonus points if, in addition to getting it right, the show can successfully play with the running gag's formula for additional amusement.
• A good insert song: Music is powerful and can help cover up what is lacking in shows with sub-par or average writing, as well as enhance good writing. Inserts in particular tend to grab my attention, and are one of the easiest ways to get me in a mindframe to relate to the characters' situation(s), be they jubilant, sorrowful, bittersweet, etc.
• Fights of nearly any variety: They can be simple or elaborate, fisticuffs or weapons of mass destruction, etc. etc. etc. Good showdowns are generally fun at their simplest and thought-provoking at their best.

There may be others, but those are the first to come to mind as far as common stuff goes.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - 9 hours ago

30 by shiro-seishun »»
4 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - 5 hours ago

2 by TRC_Randy »»
5 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

41 by Ende_uraa »»
28 minutes ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 11 hours ago

44 by _FRB_ »»
34 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 8 hours ago

19 by MasterTasuke »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.