Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 8, 2018 8:46 PM
Nov 2018
So in the end we get an open harem ending with a loli Kazumi, Kuroneko, Kotori(best girl) and Nanami wew my soul hurts with the amount of unanswered questions and I'm left feeling deep regret from not learning how to read and write moon runes to ask the mangaka wtf!
Feb 4, 2019 1:18 PM

Oct 2013
What the fuck?

I remember some 3 or so odd years ago, not long before Brynhildr's conclusion was announced, I was talking to my friends about how Brynhildr's universe is getting balls deep with its Evangelion/Norse myth bastard child and all of the unresolved backstories for the other characters. For example...

HOW THE FUCK DID KAZUMI GET KIDNAPPED??? The GOAT character in the series gets fucked over (even goth girl got an arc with her sister wtf) and the series' wealth of potential is shat away.

The only acceptable answer I have is that Brynhildr was canceled so Okamoto crammed possibly another hundred chapters worth of content into, like, 15. There were so many plot points introduced in the last arc that amounted to nothing.

With that said...

I enjoyed the final half of this manga far more than most (evidently, considering how hyped I was for it a few years ago), and I like the ending well enough as it is. It's certainly unique, even if rushed and nonsensical. Okamoto basically Mirai Nikki'd the ending except he infused his usual dose of anime bullshit into it and let me tell you that series was already heavy with the anime bullshit.

I don't even know how I feel about weird loli Kazumi's presence (INTRODUCED IN THE LAST FUCKING PAGE). My OTP sunk at sail and, truthfully, Ryouta and Kuroneko spending eternity alone together as pseudo-gods is bizarrely romantic to me. Instead, it's the harem 2.0 we opened the series with minus Hatsuna and Kana, all as pseudo-gods.

This is some wonky ass shit let me tell you. I haven't read Elfen Lied, but judging by the anime this is some anti-Elfen Lied shit.

At least Kazumi technically lives...???

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 23, 2019 2:58 AM
Feb 2019
Zadion said:
What the fuck?

I remember some 3 or so odd years ago, not long before Brynhildr's conclusion was announced, I was talking to my friends about how Brynhildr's universe is getting balls deep with its Evangelion/Norse myth bastard child and all of the unresolved backstories for the other characters. For example...

HOW THE FUCK DID KAZUMI GET KIDNAPPED??? The GOAT character in the series gets fucked over (even goth girl got an arc with her sister wtf) and the series' wealth of potential is shat away.

The only acceptable answer I have is that Brynhildr was canceled so Okamoto crammed possibly another hundred chapters worth of content into, like, 15. There were so many plot points introduced in the last arc that amounted to nothing.

With that said...

I enjoyed the final half of this manga far more than most (evidently, considering how hyped I was for it a few years ago), and I like the ending well enough as it is. It's certainly unique, even if rushed and nonsensical. Okamoto basically Mirai Nikki'd the ending except he infused his usual dose of anime bullshit into it and let me tell you that series was already heavy with the anime bullshit.

I don't even know how I feel about weird loli Kazumi's presence (INTRODUCED IN THE LAST FUCKING PAGE). My OTP sunk at sail and, truthfully, Ryouta and Kuroneko spending eternity alone together as pseudo-gods is bizarrely romantic to me. Instead, it's the harem 2.0 we opened the series with minus Hatsuna and Kana, all as pseudo-gods.

This is some wonky ass shit let me tell you. I haven't read Elfen Lied, but judging by the anime this is some anti-Elfen Lied shit.

Zadion said:
What the fuck?

With that said...

i too haven't read elfen lied but i guess i won't.

But i really don't get it wht was the use of that fertillised egg anyway?i thought it could be used to kill loki But bothing sort of came out.

And how are they supposed to get more pills if the city was destroyed.

And what if they just kill the hatched grani once it came out of takatori just like detach it from the host and why they melt if ejected.what is The role of their brain if the conciousness is stored in the drasil???
Apr 23, 2019 9:17 AM
Aug 2017
wtf this ending. all die. kill them all author. kill your self too author
Apr 23, 2019 9:23 AM
Aug 2017

THANKS MY FRIEND. and wtf kotori there. and nanami on bottom left. wtf this author drunk
Ericc_starApr 23, 2019 9:30 AM
Jul 23, 2019 6:08 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Lunoire said:
T31 said:
I found the last arc of Brynhildr to be of lower quality than the rest. When I first read it, I couldn't ever stop. Breezed through most of it in two days. Shortly after Ryouta's uncle and Loki became a thing, I thought it had jumped the track. Still, I was invested enough to see it end, and it finally happened after several weeks of waiting. I still really liked this manga for some reason. Pretty rushed at the end there, but I've seen worse.

I believe that the child at the end is supposed to be a young Kazumi who had uploaded herself into EDDA as a final moment and deleted everything from it apart from her and her memories. Either that, or she infused her own fantasy Kazumi x Ryouta babyspawn into it, considering that one of her running things was that she wanted to bear his child.

I second this entire post and it's theory about the possible Kazu/Ryouta child thing.

This was at one point one of my favorite manga series - I'm a fan of Okamato's work, Elfen Lied is one of my favorite series. I love gory anime and manga with tragedy and apocalyptic undertones. When I first started reading this series it was 11/10, I got to the part up to where it was scanlated in two or three days.

Then things started to decline around the arc where Kana's sister came in - now to be fair, the scanlators fell behind and only updated maybe once every four months or so and I forgot what was going on every now and then, so maybe that's why.

But, this last arc (particularly the ending) just felt so rushed and like the mangaka gave up.

I personally gave it a 7/10 because even though it was lacking in the end, I did enjoy the first and middle parts of it so much. Maybe one day I'll reread it and it'll have a higher score because I'm able to process it more now that's a scanlated. But, for now, onto Parallel Paradise!

I willl agree it started kinda strong and keep it for awhile, then got worst but still decent (anime butchered alot), from time to time it did show sparks of genius again, mixed with disappointment since aside the fact that the mangaka got addicted to drawn girls melting, after EL, he had alot of cool ideas here.
The ending could have worked, with a better execution and definitly ALOT more pages to be told, I was surprised nearing the end this was still enjoyable to read and at times keep you on edge with interesting plot twists, this ending just makes me pity what the manga become.

Had an hell of a time reading most of this manga, was such a good surprise at the time too...
Kazumi's fate was also left to explain, you just dont end that shit like that, talk about random AS FUCK.

8.4/10 = 8
Aug 3, 2019 9:23 AM

Mar 2017
Wow, that ending SUCKED.
Dec 10, 2019 12:52 PM

Oct 2013
cptlee39 said:
Wow, that ending SUCKED.

Yeah, unfortunatelly. As in "Elfen Lied", the ending - at least to me - felt rushed and with spectacular elements that were not necessary.
Dec 26, 2019 1:12 PM
Dec 2019
It seems most people are confused about the child at the end. She is the child Kazumi imagined she would have with Ryouta. You can understand it by looking at her features which is a mix of two. I think the writer tried to rush the ending in a short amount of time, probably forced by his editor and this was the kind of happy ending he could come up with. Kazumi+Kuroha looking after Kazumi's kid. He probably only planned until the end of Valkyrie arc when he started the series. Really pity this series ended like this.
May 3, 2020 7:34 AM

Dec 2017
Just finished this and the first words that spilled out of my mouth after completing it were "wait what?"
Too many ideas were thrown into the story after chapter 100 and so many loose ends in that ending. The lore was interesting but it just couldn't deliver 50% of what it promised early on. Oh well, atleast it was engaging.
neilMay 3, 2020 7:37 AM
Jun 21, 2020 12:51 PM
Nov 2017
Im fine withe the ending exepct this one shadow on last page and the same shadow is even in the first volume ond the second page where Ryouta kill neko
Jul 21, 2020 10:14 AM
Nov 2018
I pretty like it very much Yeah the 2nd half too.
I see it is a fucking Evangelion But I'm not going to lie It is better
Answering question
1.Why Murakami did not reset the world
-He wasn't god-like. He just controls Loki and Loki is a living monster that destroyed everything.
2.Who is the girl at the end
-I think she is a Kasumi own thought that was written by herself. And a little Nanami in Afrodite form.
I think That is a very happy ending
3.What happens to the world after?
-I think It is unnecessary But I agree that it is better to have it.
3.What is Murakami father plan
-That was very pretty explained in the story But What Didn't is the New Director plan
I guess she is an enemy of the corporation from the start But What she did, didn't make any sense at all.
She got power from the corporation in the same way Malkira got But her true intention is to destroy a plan and save humanity by creating valkyrie unforgivable cruelly and releasing it to the world So People will see the Truth WTF. I think that isn't a good plan at all What she did is only mental It would be great if her role just dying badly more than others' antagonists It may be fun and more acceptable.
Vague point
-Another Zygote plot hasn't been used
-How to solve the inject problem I guess everyone going to die soon.
-The first page of the story wasn't used at all. And I fucking WTF of this point It totally ruins the entire story. I hate a kind of bait like that.
From This Vague point. I think this isn't the real ending, it is too fast and didn't sum the answer together at all.
It is a high possibility that mangaka gave up. It is normal for every long-run manga.
I very like this manga My mind was crashed uncountable times.
I was very pressured in many scenes. I was very invested. Long-run 180 chapters in 12 hours I was very excited about what is going to happen
....It really did go downhill
But Ironically that Cocaine doping ending isn't bad either
The problems are
With this ending I expected manga to explore "Kuro Neko" feelings more and more Because There wasn't any point in Ending that hit hard.
Without this, It ruins this ending for a level. If you want to end with an Emotion ride tone, At least made It emotional.
I'm pretty sure that I am very sensitive But I still didn't feel very invested with any of them. From a plot perspective, I should feel so bad and crying for every character But I didn't. It looks sad But didn't that sad. The best characters scene I gave it to Best Girl Nanami and Kotori though, Kasumi is likely But Nehh Grow A little bit young girl, For the rest, It is honestly disappointing I expected something better. (Kuroha team tho)
For Mc Not kidding he is the best character in this story He entertained me a lot.
I don't mean the character is bad, I think the characters are very good But They have not to reach their max abilities in the peak time. It kind of waste. I feel like I want to cry many times But I didn't, It cant be a cry with this Half Emotional plot. It was better a little bit and Improved this point
I thought It will be a masterpiece 10/10 for me. Again Such a waste
Nanami and kotori best girl , Kuroha ship
With the second half I was expected it to play more "life and living" &"Symbolism" plot
It was there but I got way much Shounen Romcom instead Too bad
But without that, I think It was summed pretty well connected and I pretty satisfied
Another Honestly 1-100 is better like everyone said But I didn't mind 2nd half
It isn't bad But It didn't the best as everyone had expected either.
This is another example of why I hate long run manga
Overall 8.99 Very interesting plot that was well executed also good pacing and continuing (except the ending)
Good character (Even Main girls aren't the best but still many decent ones and using them in the decent roles)
I got very excited and invested many times I think I would be so gratefully proud If I can write a story like this myself. Some plot and scenarios are very amazingly done, but overall It kind of dropped
Don't surprised why people are so disappointed and score not even that good.
For me, I give it 7 It still has many points that I 'RESPECT' and like it a lot also, In the opposite way that I want to give it a shit score for End like this
John_Smith_MALApr 16, 2021 3:21 AM
Jan 3, 2021 5:06 AM

Dec 2017
So basically to summarize the ending
Feb 17, 2021 10:20 PM

Aug 2018
Finally finished, and that's... Kazumi?! Best girl lives forever in Murakami's memory!!!
Sep 10, 2021 1:54 PM
Mar 2021
I haven't read the manga so can anyone please tell me about ending
Mar 19, 2022 7:31 AM

Jul 2021
umm...mmh....just wtf happened! I watched the anime a long time ago and really liked it, so I wanted to read the manga since the anime was inconsistent and had a rushed ending & obv to know the ending, but honestly, I didn't expect it to be so worse. The first 100 chapters or so until where the anime adapted were so great, there were some plotholes but I overlooked them since the plot was really good. But nah it went downhill and became ridiculously shit. and soo many things were left unexplained too.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Chapter 135 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2015

18 by greed2 »»
Jan 22, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Chapter 166 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2016

26 by -Arhael- »»
Sep 13, 2023 5:43 PM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Chapter 154 Discussion

Satou0Kun - Aug 22, 2015

20 by -Arhael- »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:40 PM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Chapter 127 Discussion

eeveelugia - Dec 18, 2014

35 by -Arhael- »»
Sep 10, 2023 6:47 PM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Chapter 97 Discussion

Danpmss - May 11, 2014

12 by -Arhael- »»
Sep 8, 2023 4:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.