Forum Settings
Forums

Looking for one of those fast-paced battle shounen/anime (that aren't 100-200 episodes long)

New
Feb 21, 2017 5:25 PM

Feb 2017
I'd like a battle shounen that has top-tier animation and music/sound design and extremely fastpaced. I'd also like it if it was a seasonal anime and didn't extend out to 100-200 episodes. Looking for an anime that can handle it's character development in the 12-24 episode span, not a 50 episode filler arc.

Examples of what I'm looking for:
Boku no Hero Academia - Made Shounen Great Again
Kill la Kill
Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry
One Punch Man
Keijo!!!!!!
Seven Deadly Sins

Thanks in advance.
ShinyChariot_Feb 21, 2017 6:44 PM
Feb 21, 2017 5:38 PM

Oct 2016
Feb 21, 2017 6:17 PM

Feb 2017
Jak said:
Buso Renkin - 26 episodes of glorious battle.

Guyver - The Bioboosted Armor - 26 episodes

Cross Ange - 25 episodes

Aquarion EVOL - 26 episodes

Definitely interested in Aquarion and Buso Renkin! Thanks for the recommendations.
Feb 21, 2017 6:44 PM

Feb 2017

My bad, I actually binged the show yesterday. Forgot to add it to my list!
Feb 21, 2017 6:47 PM

Apr 2013
JoJo's Bizzare Adventure

https://myanimelist.net/anime/14719/JoJo_no_Kimyou_na_Bouken_TV?q=jojo%20

Check out the sequels too.
Feb 21, 2017 7:56 PM

Feb 2017

I'll definitely look into it, thanks!
Feb 21, 2017 8:10 PM

Jul 2016
Hmmmm I recommend Code Breaker

50 episodes Shounen if you are just interested
Law of Ueki
GetBackers
Feb 21, 2017 8:28 PM

Jul 2013
Noragami
Kekkai Sensen
Feb 21, 2017 10:57 PM

Oct 2015
Akuma no Riddle -
12 assassins are all competing to kill a single person. Who ever achieves the goal well have their deepest desire / wish fulfilled. The MC decides that instead she'll protect the assassins target.
Good battle scenes in my opinion, one of the things that made it interesting is that every ending theme / song is different. I personally didn't like the ending, you might or might not. However the ending was my reason for giving it a 7 instead of an 8.

Bakemono no Ko - Movie
Ren's mother dies and well running away from his remaining family he ends up going to basically the spirit world after following Kumatetsu. He then decides to stay there and learn sword play from Kumatetsu rather than going back. Kumatetsu is in a competition with one of the other Lord's to see who'll become the next grandmaster, and in order to compete Kumatetsu must train a disciple.

C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control -
There is a place called the financial district. There you fight in order to gain money. However you must bet your future as collateral. Even the smallest lost can have far reaching consequences, such as your house being lit on fire, or you lost your job. Bankruptcy leads to life altering events, such as maybe never having met your wife and there for never had your children.
This show has some great fight scenes to it. Highly recommend this one.

Kingdom - (2 seasons 38 / 39 episodes)
This is a longer series so your choice. I also must warn you the CGI is terrible in the beginning. If you decide to watch, try to push though the awful CGI for about 20 episodes or so. It gets better over time.
Two war orphans make a bet that they are going to become "the greatest generals under the heavens".
After meeting the future king of Qin, Shin finally heads out to the battlefield where he begins to make a name for himself and rises through the ranks.

The manga for it is great. If you decide you don't want to watch it, because of length of the shitty CGI in the beginning. Give the manga a go sometime.

Phi Brain -
It's kind of a shounen puzzle solving. There's 3 season for a total of 75 episodes. I haven't finished all of it yet. However its pretty good. The puzzle's can get pretty dangerous and intense.
Feb 21, 2017 11:03 PM

Aug 2013
Since u like Kill la Kill, u probably will like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, even tho it's mecha it has similiar animation 27 eps

https://myanimelist.net/anime/2001/Tengen_Toppa_Gurren_Lagann

More topics from this board

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

71 by rikkaheh »»
1 hour ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Yesterday

5 by 8oomer »»
2 hours ago

» Watched one episode but forgot the name

Snailsoup - 6 hours ago

2 by Snailsoup »»
5 hours ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - Apr 23

8 by Wakarimas-en »»
8 hours ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - 8 hours ago

0 by MeZaDefined »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.