Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (22) « First ... « 20 21 [22]
Post New Reply
Aug 14, 8:36 PM

BallistikJuice said:

Nice eyes glare! I see you "shovel them" deep😎

btw, did you used iPad Air with Procreate App to draw this? ...I've been hearing really good things about these iPads Air (now we can all throw all Wacom Cintiqs out of the window)

Also, there is a really nice yet simple Painting App on Apple. (I'm really drooling over it)

Thanks lol, I love adding in the eye glare. And nah I used a Wacom Intuos with Krita (works pretty nice for a free program) on my computer. It'd be nice to draw on a tablet with a display screen tho.

Aug 15, 6:50 AM

Here's another landscape painting I made. This time, it's a woman kayaking in a lake.

JKKH said:
Tried drawing in a shoujo-y style. The eyes were fun to do, I liked going all in on the details with them. Some of the references I was looking at were still even more detailed tho lol.

Very cute, I hope you continue working on this; I'd like to see it in color!
Check out my anime reviews or my pet will get you: School Days

Aug 15, 12:50 PM

BurntFlower said:
Here's another landscape painting I made. This time, it's a woman kayaking in a lake.

JKKH said:
Tried drawing in a shoujo-y style. The eyes were fun to do, I liked going all in on the details with them. Some of the references I was looking at were still even more detailed tho lol.

Thanks! and I might try doing color for it. I really oughta color more of my drawings, I tend to slack off at that point lol. I love how you use color in your art, really vibrant!

Aug 16, 7:07 PM

JKKH said:
BurntFlower said:

Thanks! and I might try doing color for it. I really oughta color more of my drawings, I tend to slack off at that point lol. I love how you use color in your art, really vibrant!

Thank you so much! I absolutely LOVE making really colorful paintings, which is slightly ironic given that a lot of my interests are quite dark (subject matter wise). :p

Aug 16, 7:17 PM
Bored

BurntFlower said:
I absolutely LOVE making really colorful paintings, which is slightly ironic given that a lot of my interests are quite dark (subject matter wise). :p

Ya don't fucking say, although I do appreciate the dichotomy.

Aug 16, 7:38 PM

Pheasant (watercolor markers)

Aug 17, 8:41 AM

UNlCORN said:
Konnichiwa!

@Tsukik0

This is the 7th colored rose out of 12+ flowers I've drawn for friends on MAL & sent to PMs. This is the first to be shared publicly. Hope ya like it lethal sis:

Ps: Song I was listening to on my secretive unnoticeable headphones as I made my students do a written assignment to be able to have time to draw this within the two classes I told ya I'd be occupied in. Rushed it in 10 minutes..gomenasai.

The track is slowed down to help me calm down my ADHD and my shaky hand. Had to redraw the rose 4 times since I kept fucking up.

Pss: Lazy edited gif version of the rose:

Psss: @SweetMonia I owe you a fanart as well as a redraw for @Mila91 this month... Sumimasen.

A bit late, since I am in my hometown, and I barely used MAL laterly, but I like that flower. Along with the Japanese character in it :3

p.s. It would be lovely to get a fan art from someone like you~ :3

Aug 20, 4:09 PM

Half-assed practice drawing

Aug 22, 3:58 PM

Well, my friend is in love with adventure time, so I drew him a little adventure time themed drawing. Which at the moment, is my profile picture until I can make a drawing for myself is my profile picture.

Aug 28, 12:00 PM

Doing some original character design in Krita. This is Lachlan in casual clothes (right) and a party outfit inspired by The Prisoner (left). Fucked up the hands quite a bit but I just about managed to salvage the faces. Still need to get practice doing facial expressions.

Aug 29, 7:08 PM

sketch

15characterlimit

Aug 30, 6:23 PM

Found some time to finish a pose of a character from the front. Wanted the head turned and lifted a little. Perspective can be tricky lol

Modified by valce, Sep 11, 6:17 AM

Sep 1, 2:26 PM

It's 10pm here. I'm tired but this flashed through my mind while listening to Preach by Saint Motel.

Sep 2, 10:36 PM

Hehe I drew Patamon :) tell me your thoughts!

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 3, 7:33 PM

idk had the stupid idea to draw my Monster hunter character doing the "Misato-beer" thing. Don't think I got the vibe right but it looks nice at least

anyways still thinking abt Eva!Mimi

Sep 4, 11:54 AM

mikasa ackerman drawing

Sep 4, 11:13 PM

My first post on the forum. Figure I'd start with what I spend my time doing. This was made in Procreate

Sep 9, 9:24 AM

goddamn it another pic with my MH character

I call this: I watched Kaiba, I got sad, wanted to draw something inspired by the rounded artstyle, ran with this idea i guess. Was gonna leave it at a rough sketch but I stayed up last night to finish it

Sep 9, 11:09 AM

Hi, I kinda wanted to vent a bit about my drawing.
I was just scrolling posemaniacs to find what to draw, just like usual. And then when I look to the categories, it's really funny for me to see "male (freak)" category, I was thinking of how weird it was, then as I scrolled, I found this pose and it kinda reminds me to Kurosawa, because I've seen this picture before. So I wanted to draw that. WITHOUT EVEN CHECKING THAT PICTURE AGAIN FIRST.

I was just referencing the pose this whole time, (although I did take reference from another pic of him for the uniform too). But, I didn't take a look at all to the picture I was inspired by and I thought it was just like what I drew.

This is the result of what I was drawing:

If you're thinking what I'm thinking, then yes.... I'm sorry.... It's very dirty.... The picture that I was inspired by is already dirty, and I make it way more dirty now. As I comparing the two of them now, after I finished it, I feel really embarrased. I can't never imagine that I would ever spend around 3 hours time and effort to draw a censored fanart of a manga character jerking off.

I didn't draw the actual "thing" but it just feels wrong somehow, looking at this drawing, and knowing that it's actually me who draws it. Here's the proof (uncensored) for the clarification. Sorry for the long rant, it might not needed but I just feel like telling the backstory of this. Because if I don't, it would be really weird....

I don't know whether this could be categorized as an overly sexualized image? If it is, I'm sorry for posting it here DX
Modified by katastrofikal, Sep 9, 3:17 PM

Sep 12, 6:16 AM

In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent and the Most Merciful.

Sep 13, 10:42 AM

Artwork for a youtuber in Bleach style

Sep 15, 12:50 AM

Just some of the artworks I've done over the past month. Please give my Instagram page a quick look for some more!

@artmattsku
@artmattsku

Thanks so much!! I appreciate it all!!! ^^
I work mainly within paints, alcohol markers, and traditional pencil/paper

Sep 17, 11:54 PM
Bored

I'm finally putting my Surface Book 2 to its intended use:

Still figuring things out in Clip Studio Paint, so this is very much a version one.

Sep 18, 10:48 AM

@FacelessVixen, nice, I was waiting for when you gonna upload your new painting. (Lol, reminds me of those Cultists in Diablo II)

Did you use the default CSP brushes?

I bought some "realistic" oily brush pack for Photoshop from some YouTuber painter but turned out that my stupid Wacom tablet doesn't respond properly with new Photoshop (also assigned buttons don't work properly), even though I reinstall the driver etc, oh well, I only use PS for editing only anyway😒 (only waisted money on those brushes)
Modified by BallistikJuice, Sep 18, 10:51 AM

Sep 18, 2:18 PM
Bored

@BallistikJuice: Thanks. I basically took a break from painting in August.

And yes. After a few practice sketches and scribbles, the standard oil paint, flat oil paint, G-pen, and real G-pen with the Blend tool and some gradients seem to work best for me at the moment. As far as downloading extra things goes, Clip's Image Materials look like more useful add-ons. The rain effect is one of Clip's add-ons, the tree in the background is my own photography, and I'll be using film grain/monochrome noise very often.

I still need Photoshop for my usual gradient maps, color corrections and other things that are beyond Clip's scope, though.

Sep 19, 4:08 AM

Took about 2 hours to complete.

Sep 21, 4:47 PM

Current work in progress

Sep 21, 8:12 PM

Gosick - Victorique de Blois (Digital oil painting on texture canvas, painted on a single layer) (bigger size on my ArtStation in my PF)

Whew, that took me some time😌

Now, I'll just wait for @Zefyris critique😏

Sep 21, 10:55 PM

BallistikJuice said:
Gosick - Victorique de Blois (Digital oil painting on texture canvas, painted on a single layer) (bigger size on my ArtStation in my PF)

Lol I was wondering why I was called in that thread out of nowhere
I think you nailed how she looks as she's super easy to recognise here. Looking at your usual artstyle on your artstation I finally realized what didn't quite make it , and that's the fact you still made her a bit too skinny. On your usual style you make them even skinnier so that's probably no surprise, but Victorique is supposed to be quite "round" (plump?) in the way her face and so on are, which makes her softer and younger than what she looks on your art here.
That being said, considering you usually don't draw with that kind of artstyle (nor colour usually either?) and how good Hinata Takeda was as an artist, I think that's a pretty cool result.

Sep 21, 11:29 PM

Zefyris said:
BallistikJuice said:

Lol I was wondering why I was called in that thread out of nowhere
I think you nailed how she looks as she's super easy to recognise here. Looking at your usual artstyle on your artstation I finally realized what didn't quite make it , and that's the fact you still made her a bit too skinny. On your usual style you make them even skinnier so that's probably no surprise, but Victorique is supposed to be quite "round" (plump?) in the way her face and so on are, which makes her softer and younger than what she looks on your art here.
That being said, considering you usually don't draw with that kind of artstyle (nor colour usually either?) and how good Hinata Takeda was as an artist, I think that's a pretty cool result.

Thanks, I was looking for a character with somewhat a darker vibe and design, and in instant thought of her, also colored it because finally found something that actually simulates oils on canvas.

Yesterday, 12:39 PM

new oc, didn't use any reference but wanted to incorporate the new paint brushes I downloaded

10 hours ago

was supposed to be another 'sketch-page' with her but this was the only thing I ended up doing whoops. Just threw in a quick background thingy, might refine this later

Pages (22) « First ... « 20 21 [22]