Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2017 11:42 AM

Oct 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
She finally got rid of the hairpin!
Feb 21, 2017 12:50 PM

Apr 2016
The first coloured page with the whole gang's pillow fight is simply adorable <3

Omg... >< Min-soo's sad face when he said he was Su-won's servant... </3

:'( It is true that Su-won is not a king who can move forward by embracing kindness... </3 I really wish the circumstances were different.

T_____T I'm sad Yona resorted to giving her hairpin away.... She and Su-won really can't be on mutual ground after all...
Feb 21, 2017 1:02 PM
Feb 2017
I just can't believe what happened in this chapter it is just soooo depressing 😢😢😢 i can't understand the writer she kept on giving us hope that soo won will turn out to be a good character and that there might be something mysterious about him that will make him come back to be a good character and when we got so much filled with that hope boom there comes ch 136 destroying everything ok he is only thinking about the kingdom well being but that's not fair there were a lot of hints in previous ch that he do cares for the princess but now he is shown as a feelingless person 😢😢😢 andd a reconciliation between hak soowon and yona is now nearly impossible 😢😢 whyy did u give me hope writer if you are going to destroy it at the end 😢
Feb 21, 2017 1:04 PM

Sep 2012
She finally got rid of the the goddamned hairpin!!!
Feb 21, 2017 2:14 PM
Sep 2016
Not everything is black and white. Soo Won proving that in this chapter. Yona showing us what is more important to her and a possible rebellion by the wind tribe? Can't wait for next chapter!!
Feb 21, 2017 2:50 PM

Apr 2008
I don’t think that Su-won was shown to be evil here. Yes, it is shown that he would not hesitate to stamp on his friends if it benefits Kouka, but that was to be expected. The question is what now? Will the author use it to develop him or will it lead to his downfall? Personally I hope for the former.
"The moment one sits down to think, one becomes all nose, or all forehead, or something horrid. Look at the successful men in any of the learned professions. How perfectly hideous they are! Except, of course, in the Church. But then in the Church they don't think. A bishop keeps on saying at the age of eighty what he was told to say when he was a boy of eighteen, and as a natural consequence he always looks absolutely delightful."
Feb 21, 2017 3:43 PM

Jan 2012
rizuxizu said:

She finally got rid of the hairpin!

Exactly , and now let the war get started .

Feb 22, 2017 8:17 AM

Apr 2013
Just an amazing chapter with the Min-Soo moments and that ending...

Mother. F*cking. Power. Move.

That's my girl, Yona-chan. Now, it's time to "cry havoc and let slip the Hogs of War".

Feb 22, 2017 11:11 PM
Mar 2016
Hak was so shocked when Yona gave the hairpin xD
does anyone know when the next chapter will be released?
Feb 23, 2017 2:30 AM

Nov 2015
Kuro3_ said:

It will be out on 4th March.
Feb 23, 2017 2:36 AM
Mar 2016
Ks_rai said:
Kuro3_ said:

It will be out on 4th March.

awesome!!!! Its the day after my birthday :)Its like a bday present lol
Thank you !!
Feb 23, 2017 7:24 AM
Feb 2016
akisame__ said:

FINALLY!!! I cheered! It's about damn time!
Feb 23, 2017 9:59 PM

Oct 2013
I knew this arc was going to spur her rebellion against Soo Won! I predicted it many chapters back, glad to be correct. This will be exciting. I can't wait already for the next chapter, it's killing me.

oh and this:

kvitale626 said:
akisame__ said:

FINALLY!!! I cheered! It's about damn time!
Feb 24, 2017 12:59 PM

Jan 2016
This is to damn goooooooooooood! Killing me
Feb 24, 2017 9:27 PM

Dec 2015
Yessss she got rid of that hairpin!

Soo-won's not wrong; a ruler can't sacrifice a kingdom for a few individuals.
Feb 25, 2017 1:14 AM
Jan 2017
for some reason i feel like happy and sad in the same moment after reading this chapter
Feb 27, 2017 3:47 AM

Apr 2008
At long last the hairpin is gone! I hope it ends up back in Soo Won's hands so he realizes what it means.

Ever since we saw what a monster his father was, he lost any justification for this revenge of his. His father created Kouren and if he goes to war with Xing it will only create another Kouren if not more of them.
Feb 27, 2017 1:17 PM

Jun 2016
So far i've basically got Su-won summed up as "Great king, horrible friend." I think Su-won does care for Yona and Hak but he's doing what any great leader should do, putting the country first. This also happens to make him an awful friend because you just know the he won't be saving you if it puts Kouka at a disadvantage. He would probably be that way with his wife and children (if he had them). To be honest, I came out of this chapter admiring Su-won a bit more. He must have sacrificed a lot to be a good king. But, there is still a lot we don't know about him so he could actually be the devil with a cute face.
AkunomiFeb 27, 2017 1:21 PM
Feb 27, 2017 1:34 PM

Jun 2008
Well Soo-won is receiving a wave of hate in tumblr for not helping Yona, but I actually do agree with his decision.
If anyone is interested in reading my opinion about his choice, here:

And Im so glad Yona gave the hairpin:D

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Feb 28, 2017 4:20 AM

Apr 2008
Akunomi said:
So far i've basically got Su-won summed up as "Great king, horrible friend." I think Su-won does care for Yona and Hak but he's doing what any great leader should do, putting the country first. This also happens to make him an awful friend because you just know the he won't be saving you if it puts Kouka at a disadvantage. He would probably be that way with his wife and children (if he had them). To be honest, I came out of this chapter admiring Su-won a bit more. He must have sacrificed a lot to be a good king. But, there is still a lot we don't know about him so he could actually be the devil with a cute face.

A good king would try to make amends for what his warmongering father did. Not go straight to war
Feb 28, 2017 4:35 AM
Feb 2017
minsoo makes me cries, this chapter is so depressing
i hope that hairpin comeback to soo won, and i don't think soo won decision is bad either.

i can't help it killing me, come on saturday come chapter 137!
Mar 9, 2017 3:57 AM

Jun 2016

Jun 9, 2017 6:01 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
After 136 chapters, Yona finally lets go of the past she held dearly.

And I agree with Soo-Won's decision. Kouren's intense hatred with Won's father would probably not have been easily resolved just by talking about peace. Hatred is a hard thing to get rid of.
Jun 12, 2017 12:04 PM

Apr 2008
MistyBlue said:
After 136 chapters, Yona finally lets go of the past she held dearly.

And I agree with Soo-Won's decision. Kouren's intense hatred with Won's father would probably not have been easily resolved just by talking about peace. Hatred is a hard thing to get rid of.

His father is the source of said hatred. Going the war route while ignoring the fact that his asshole father is to blame is bs
Jun 12, 2017 12:10 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Darklight0303 said:

His father is the source of said hatred. Going the war route while ignoring the fact that his asshole father is to blame is bs

What can he say? Sorry? I doubt Princess Kouren would want an apology. Although I don't want either side to go to war, I agree with his initial thinking.
Apr 18, 2018 6:06 PM
Feb 2017
Yes Yona! She used the pin Soo Won gave her to do something he would definitely not approve of, what a savage.
Apr 24, 2018 2:16 PM
Mar 2015
Yona sure got some character development there.
Nov 8, 2018 12:37 PM

Aug 2018
The cursed hairpin is finally gone. Heck yes!! \(^^)/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2020 1:08 AM
Dec 2010
So this what creates distinction between Yona and Suwon as rulers. Suwon is only concern for people of Kouka while Yona is for all kingdoms.
Jun 19, 2020 1:21 AM

Apr 2008
tatoearashiga said:
So this what creates distinction between Yona and Suwon as rulers. Suwon is only concern for people of Kouka while Yona is for all kingdoms.

It is not bad that Su-won cares about his country. It is his job to do so just like the job of the other rulers like Kouren is to care about their country. It is not possible to solve problems of the whole world.
"The moment one sits down to think, one becomes all nose, or all forehead, or something horrid. Look at the successful men in any of the learned professions. How perfectly hideous they are! Except, of course, in the Church. But then in the Church they don't think. A bishop keeps on saying at the age of eighty what he was told to say when he was a boy of eighteen, and as a natural consequence he always looks absolutely delightful."
Jul 2, 2020 2:47 AM
Mar 2020
The Pilow fight panel at the start is hella cute.
Yona finaly letting go of the hairpin, such a pivotal moment!
Nov 24, 2020 11:24 PM
Apr 2020
I honestly think Soo-Won made the right choice, sure we're all on Yona's side but he has to run an entire country. If they're going to start a war, then he has to think of the countries benefit

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 257 Discussion

crocodileman94 - Apr 19

5 by Jogii »»
Apr 22, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 185 Discussion

shanimebib - Dec 20, 2019

26 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 256 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Apr 4

7 by TanmaySpamzzz »»
Apr 12, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 175 Discussion

CrookedPanther - May 20, 2019

32 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 152 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lacznosc - Dec 21, 2017

68 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 10, 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.