Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2017 4:49 AM

Jan 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The toughest thing about this episode's write-up is gonna be picking which of the dozen images I screencapped to use. :D Well it's a wintry episode, which is nice, and Toshi decides to hold a fake wedding to lure out Cat's Eye, who are after a Church's Mary statue and golden crucifix. Hitomi is...understandably less than thrilled with the idea:

But, after some more bad 80s dancing:

And the threat that Miss Asatani will play the part, and kiss Toshi, if she refuses, she agrees. I love that Hitomi's jealousy has gotten to her in two straight episodes now. :D It's sweet to see her dumbfounded by her unwillingness to let Toshi kiss another no matter the reason:

And I gotta admit, Toshi cleans up nicely in his tux, the goof. :D

Hitomi, of course, looks stunningly beautiful:

My god, this blush:

Toshi you lucky bastard! :D
As it turns out, Rui's plan to steal the statue interrupts their kiss anyway. Dunno why the show enjoys kiss fakeouts so much, they've already shown them actually kissing several times. Ah well. :D Rui's ruse of pretending she and Ai are Cat's Eye pretending to be Rui and Ai is uh...circuitous? Well at least we get a fun ski/snowmobile chase out of it! Love that visual of Hitomi and Toshi all dressed up chasing them down. :D

I can't imagine Rui and Ai skiing in those skimpy outfits, but I dunno, maybe they're form fitting. :D All I'm saying is this:

Seems a bit cold. :D Bit of a strange swerve that probably wasn't necessary 18 minutes in with the counterfeit statue. They probably coulda just padded out the wedding plot more with the chase as the climax instead. Oh well, at least we got Rui showing an enormous amount of cleavage out of it:

Practically side-boob! :D Well they recover the statue/cross and leave the criminal to be brutally murdered. :D All's well that ends well. This'll probably be the closest we get to seeing Hitomi and Toshi's real wedding so I enjoyed it. :)

Sep 22, 2018 12:45 PM

Jan 2013
Rui is the only true MILF you can wish for in your life
Aug 24, 2019 7:09 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode!! Tbh, that plan was really risky, but it seems it worked out in the end. Turns out we only got some small time villain without a name at the end.

And why the hell do they keep using that old guy mafia?!?! Didn't the police busted them like what 3 or 5 times now? I remember them during the flooding building incident and the airport one.

Also how could Toshi even forgot the ring!! Be glad this was just a fake ceremony or else Hitomi would have been so pissed at the real one.

I also love how Hitomi was trying to distract Utsumi during the snow mobile scene. Also weird to see Rui shout out during the elevator scene.

Not gonna lie. Rui is freaking hot in that white outfit :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cat's Eye Episode 33 Discussion

TitanioVerde - Jul 30, 2010

5 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 15, 3:04 PM

Poll: » Cat's Eye Episode 73 Discussion

Rod_Russ - May 16, 2016

8 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 14, 9:42 PM

Poll: » Cat's Eye Episode 32 Discussion

SomaHeir - Apr 12, 2015

3 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 8, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Cat's Eye Episode 31 Discussion

SomaHeir - Mar 14, 2015

5 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 8, 10:11 PM

Poll: » Cat's Eye Episode 30 Discussion

SomaHeir - Mar 11, 2015

2 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 8, 10:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.