Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 21, 2017 4:13 AM

Jun 2015
I finished Stein;Gate, what an amazing series but someone please explain somethings for me :

First, Phone Microwave is just invented by Okabe randomly ? (i expected that something like future okabe come to past and do something about that machine but the series didn't metion anything about it or i missed somethings ?)

Why future SERN didn't interfere in time trave? (Okabe leapt through time quite freely, future SERN must have time machine. right)

Well, why ruka's mother eated vegetable change his gender?

In episode 24, future Okabe said about change the future without change the past to get to stein;gate line, but okabe changed the past by steal metal upa, why he still can get to that world line?

And when Okabe Jump back to past second time to save Kurisu, why didn't he see the first time Okabe(the one killed kurisu)?

Finally, the first sence in episode 12 at 70 million years in the past mean anythings?

If any of these answers lie in Visual Novel or Movie just let me know it, don't tell the detail, thanks for reading.
Feb 21, 2017 12:58 PM

Mar 2016
Glad you liked it :)
Syaorana said:
First, Phone Microwave is just invented by Okabe randomly ? (i expected that something like future okabe come to past and do something about that machine but the series didn't metion anything about it or i missed somethings ?)

It was all random accident. Some big discoveries in real life was also made accidentally
Syaorana said:
Why future SERN didn't interfere in time trave? (Okabe leapt through time quite freely, future SERN must have time machine. right)

Yes, future CERN, not present CERN. They didn't have time machine yet, only Okabe.
Syaorana said:
Well, why ruka's mother eated vegetable change his gender?

This is interesting question. The the scientific answer is that it shouldn't. If you paid attention even Okabe didn't believe that it will actually work, until he grabbed her... BUT are you 100% sure that if there are two identical situations and the only different thing is eating meat or vegetables will change gender? This is unprovable without time travel.

Also it may be not actual eating meat or vegetables that changed gender, there might be other consequences of that d-mail that changed gender, basically butterfly effect.
Syaorana said:
In episode 24, future Okabe said about change the future without change the past to get to stein;gate line, but okabe changed the past by steal metal upa, why he still can get to that world line?

It was minor change that was required to destroy time travel papers which Nakabachi took to russia. The main "change the future without change the past" thing was about past Okabe sending d-mail after seeing Kurisu lying in the pool of blood.

Syaorana said:
And when Okabe Jump back to past second time to save Kurisu, why didn't he see the first time Okabe(the one killed kurisu)?

It if briefly explained in VN right before he jumped second time

And a small side note, World Lines in this show are not parallel universes, there is only 1 world in this show, when WL is changed the whole world is rewritten according to the new WL.
Syaorana said:
Finally, the first sence in episode 12 at 70 million years in the past mean anythings?

I will just say yes, anything more will be spoilers, but it's not from original VN.

Syaorana said:
If any of these answers lie in Visual Novel or Movie just let me know it, don't tell the detail, thanks for reading.

Movie is not canon, it ruines mechanic and logic of time travel of the show and VN. Movie is nice to watch, but just don't try to deeply understand mechanic of that, because there is no way to explain that, don't look for any answers to the original show there.

VN is also good, there are more details, especially more science and more "inner monologue" of Okabe. Also alternative endings are pretty interesting.

Finally there is Steins;Gate 0. There is no anime adaptation yet, only confirmed that it will be adapted. S;G0 VN is available in English localization for consoles now, and there is unofficial patch for PC. It is "midequel", if you still didn't watch episode 23B go watch it, it is prologue to S;G0.
HoTTab1CHFeb 22, 2017 4:33 AM
Feb 21, 2017 6:44 PM

Jun 2015
Wow, thanks a lot, i'll try VN and wait for S:G 0
Feb 23, 2017 12:15 PM

Jan 2017
In episode 24, Okabe was not allowed to meet with Mayuri and the Okabe from the 28th july or else he would cause problems within the timelines or something like that, but he was able to meet Kurisu from that timeline. Why? I know I missed or forgot something important that would explain it, but I am too lazy to check up the episode again.
Feb 24, 2017 10:04 AM

Mar 2016
zumac said:
In episode 24, Okabe was not allowed to meet with Mayuri and the Okabe from the 28th july or else he would cause problems within the timelines or something like that, but he was able to meet Kurisu from that timeline. Why? I know I missed or forgot something important that would explain it, but I am too lazy to check up the episode again.

Because, if you remember, in episode 1 when Kurisu was talking with Okabe for first time, she mentioned that he met her 15 minutes ago and was very worried about something. This was Okabe that met her on stairs in 23 episode and reproduced that again in 24 episode. He was there from the beginning and already met Kurisu in ep1.
Feb 25, 2017 5:15 AM

Jan 2017
HoTTab1CH said:
zumac said:

Because, if you remember, in episode 1 when Kurisu was talking with Okabe for first time, she mentioned that he met her 15 minutes ago and was very worried about something. This was Okabe that met her on stairs in 23 episode and reproduced that again in 24 episode. He was there from the beginning and already met Kurisu in ep1.

Ah, thanks. Completely forgot about that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

804 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.